Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
When All the Holiday Lights Go Out [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:02:00 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]When all is neither calm nor bright
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]The Lilycove Department Store was looking especially festive today as volunteers from local businesses and organizations helped prepare for the upcoming charity soiree to be held that evening. While some businesses donated money, others offered their time or provided products for the silent auction during the party. and her Iron Lady Forge was among the latter.

Caught up in the holiday spirit, Aurelie couldn't help admiring the surroundings. The party would be held in the main food court on the first floor, an open circular space with slender columns around the main seating area. The overhead lights were blazing bright, and the delicious aromas of cooking food filled the air, as did the sound of chattering diners.

Volunteers were hanging wreaths with satin bows from the counters and decorating the columns with strings of fairy lights. Others were handing out flyers for the soiree to passing shoppers. Decorative trees were being brought in too, as well as a fancy auction block and display case for auction items.

It felt good to be doing something upbeat and cheerful, for once. To be among people who were busy and excited, like they were here. Not to be dodging Rangers on a rocky island or mourning the defection of a friend who'd been like a little brother to her.

Aurelie shook her head rapidly to clear it of sad thoughts and focused on the task at hand. Looking down at the bundle of pastel-hued lights in her arms, she looked back up at the fluted column before her. One thing was becoming abundantly clear to her.

"I'm going to need a stepladder for this," she chuckled aloud, knowing there was no way she was reaching the top of the column otherwise. "But at the same time...these lights..."

The redhead frowned, trying to problem-solve. There was nowhere to put down the strings of lights, but she doubted she'd be able to find a stepladder with her hands full.

Turning around, Aurelie headed toward the first volunteer nearby, a tall man with blond hair. "Hey!" she called out as soon as she was within earshot, nodding at the lights she was carrying. "Would you mind giving me a hand with these?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Do You Know Thunderbolt?

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 4:53:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It was nice to see the local residents of Lilycove, regular civilians and business owners alike, all converge together to infuse the city with holiday festivity. After the events of a long, tumultuous year, it felt as though the region as a whole sorely needed the morale boost. And what better way to start locally, and with bright, cheerful decorum?[break][break]

Lam, for his part, was happy to assist the efforts. As the gym leader presiding over the city, it was a bit of a civic duty to help with these sorts of community efforts, but it was likely he would’ve helped just the same had he been a typical, everyday city dweller.[break][break]

Lights and decorations rose up in the department store around them as the day stretched on, and Lam did his best to oversee bits and pieces, though was more content to work in the background on the littler tasks no one really wanted to deal with.[break][break]

He was happily distracted, sorting through a bin of tinsel and untangling each strand for later use as he hummed CAROL OF THE BELLS to himself. His nose wrinkled, tongue poking out absently as he tried to work out a particularly stubborn knot.[break][break]

The merry tune halted abruptly, shoulders hitching in surprise as someone called out—seemingly to him. Dropping his tinsel tangle, Lam turned, head tilting as he looked for, and then spotted, the source of the call. “Oh, uh—“ hastily he pushed the box of decorations back and stepped away from the table. “Sure I can.”[break][break]

He smiled brightly at the redhead, giving her a friendly wave before he took a few, quick paced steps to catch up with her. “Happy to lend a hand, just point me, and I’m there.”[break][break]

His hand outstretched, instantly offering to take the excess strands off her hands.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: do you know thunderbolt? [break]
- operation deja vu

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 17:13:54 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie flushed in embarrassment when she saw the blond man she'd called out to was preoccupied with his own decoration-detangling duties. But his prompt and cheerful response assuaged her worries, and her face brightened when he hurried helpfully toward her.

"Oh! Hello!" she exclaimed, her single uncovered eye widening with recognition as he approached. "You're the Lilycove gym leader, aren't you? I, um, I hope I didn't pull you away from anything urgent. I was just looking for a way to hang these lights up over there..."

Flashing him a grateful smile, she pointed with her chin toward the top of the columns where the lights should be hung. Then the redhead's brows knit quizzically as she looked back at the blond man and studied him more fully. She'd recognized him from a few news articles about the city gym, but...

There was something else about him, something vaguely—yet hauntingly—familiar. She couldn't quite place it, but there was something about the shape of his face, or the outline of his jaw. Yet, Aurelie had never been to Lilycove's gym and barely followed the gym scene at all. Where would she know him?

Something about a windy day? she thought confusedly. Or a storm? In a way, a storm would make sense, because the elusive memory associated with him made Aurelie feel anxious and scared.

As if summoned by her thoughts of a storm, the sound of the wind outside suddenly rose to a howling shriek. All the lights inside the huge department store abruptly flickered and then went dark. Over a hundred volunteers and shoppers held their breaths, waiting for the electricity to come back on.

Thankfully, after a few suspenseful minutes, the lights started shining, the heat resumed, power was restored, and people started breathing normally again. Aurelie let out a relieved sigh, her momentary puzzlement forgotten.

"Phew! Thank Arceus that didn't last very long," she chuckled, shaking her head. "Can you imagine how chaotic it would be in here with an actual power outage? I bet everyone would lose their minds!"

| Mission: Do You Know Thunderbolt?

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 3:01:32 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

If she was embarrassed, Lam didn’t seem to notice. And it wasn’t like he was super busy, so he didn’t mind giving her the extra hand. His smile brightened when she seemed to recognize him. “Yep! That’s me! I’m Lam.” He shook his head quickly, “Naw, it’s all good. I needed a break from untangling all that tinsel. My eyes were starting to cross.” [break][break]
To prove his point, he crossed his eyes comedically, smile returning as he refocused on her.[break][break]
That was when greater recognition set in for him. “Oh! You helped host the Boba Tea contest a while back, yeah? Thought I recognized you.” It felt like there was more to it, though.Something he couldn’t quite put his finger on. The memory of a flash of red, the exact shade of her hair… but no, that didn’t make any sense. Maybe her voice?[break][break]
Familiar doubt flickered in the back of his mind. Calling it suspicion was a touch dramatic and over the top. Especially when she’d been nothing but friendly thus far.[break][break]
The sharp whistle of the wind drew him back. Standing there with all the lights in hand, Lam grimaced as they flickered out along with the overheads. “I know, right?” he replied with a relieved laugh as they kicked back on. “That would be a whole–”[break][break]
The lights surged brighter for a brief moment and then went out again. That time they didn’t come back.[break][break]
“--headache.” He finished his thought. A note edging on dry humor.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: do you know thunderbolt? [break]
- operation deja vu

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 22:47:24 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie's face lit up with a look of even further recognition when the gym leader introduced himself and then remembered her from the boba tea contest she'd hosted in the fall. "Yes, that was me! So, you were one of the competitors? No wonder you looked so familiar!"

Surely, that explained the subtle, niggling feeling in the back of her mind that the friendly gym leader, Lam, felt like someone she'd met before. Surely, that must be where she knew him from. She relaxed, breaking into a smile. It hadn't been from anything stressful or storm-related at all, just a lighthearted, low-key contest where he'd been one face among twenty or so others.

Surely, that was the only reason.

Her train of thought was sharply derailed, though, when the lights flickered, went out, turned back on, and then went dark again. A hundred people in the mall held their breaths, waiting for power to come back. In the darkness and silence, Aurelie's mutter emerged clearly. "Arceus, you have got to be kidding me."

The minutes stretched on, and widespread panic mounted as nothing happened. She snorted at Lam's wry comment. "A headache's one way to put it..." she started to say, but her words were half-drowned out by the rising hubbub of dozens of people all expressing even more confused or frustrated sentiments.

"Is the power going to come back?" "What do we do now?" "Are we going to be ready for the event?" "Should we just go home?" "Is the power out all over the city? Is my family okay?" "What do we do? What are we supposed to do now?"

"I can't stand this," Aurelie whispered. She was finding it harder to stay calm or patient, hearing the growing fear and uncertainty of the other holiday helpers. Biting her lip, she found herself turning back to the gym leader.

"Uh...Lam, right?" she said aloud. "Is there maybe someone you can call to ask for help? Or at least updates? The event organizers? The Rangers' office? Or even the mayor's office?" She figured he must know someone with some news to give to all these people, not least of all herself.

@lam

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights