Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 6:11:06 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

Walking through the Rocket headquarters inspired a certain tension in Elisabeth these days.[break][break]

Nearly every individual who crossed her path would hush their voice to a whisper as she passed by, as if she was a shadow of some monstrous creature and not a woman of flesh and blood. She'd earned this reputation, she supposed, so she couldn't exactly complain about having it.[break][break]

And she would be lying if she said she didn't appreciate how it limited unwanted conversation, either.[break][break]

There were moments, however, when her own infamy felt a tiny drop in the vast expanse of the cruelty that encompassed Rocket as a whole. Ever since her distance from Wo-chien, she'd become reminded of all the intricate webs of power that surrounded her -- and all the more aware of what an insignificant creature she was, dual Avatarships or no, when compared to such terrifying feats of otherworldly strength.[break][break]

When loomed before her, wandering the halls as he had so many times before, a strange primal fear took hold of her as he wandered past. A shudder rippled through her, tracing goosebumps across her skin, and yet she found herself unable to tear away from staring at this man whose abilities should have meant nothing to her.[break][break]

"Harcourt," she said suddenly, surprised by the sound of her own voice. "Do you have a moment?"[break][break]

This was a selfish want, in the end. He'd changed, too.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 17:57:10 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev stopped in his tracks at Elisabeth's request, his own curiosity getting the better of him. He'd intended to walk past her without so much as a glance in her direction, considering the strain on their working relationship.[break][break]

But ever since her recovery from the resurfaced island, rumors abounded regarding her current state. After all, her pact with Wo-Chien had altered her physical appearance so strikingly that the reversion to her previous hair and eye colors were cause for concern.[break][break]

Did it mean Wo-Chien had vanished, severing their bond? Or had something else happened?[break][break]

So the Beast turned where he stood to acknowledge the underboss. His blue gaze regarded her with more apathy than distrust; his new, more expansive perspective made spats between humans seem so trivial now. So pointless.[break][break]

Similarly, when he spoke, there was neither venom nor suspicion in his tone, just his usual straightforward coldness. "What do you want, Fiorelli?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 0:32:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"A conversation." How calm and even-keeled she sounded. As if the idea of being alone with this man didn't send some ancient survival instinct screaming through her every nerve as she smiled at him. "Walk with me."[break][break]

She led them both to an empty bar, one that only the higher-ups of Rocket could indulge in. With lips loosened by alcohol and heavily-monitored security ensured at the door, they could speak freely here.[break][break]

He'd be foolish to attack her here, too, some small part of her was relieved to know. At any moment, another member of Team Rocket could appear and witness him splattering her blood against the tile. Not worth the risk, not even to a man like him.[break][break]

"I don't know what you drink, and I'd hardly presume to tell a former bartender what to indulge in," she quipped, fashioning herself a gin and tonic. She lifted her clear drink up as if to toast him, comfortably leaning back into plush seating. "That is, if you drink anymore at all?"[break][break]

An eyebrow rose, questioning him on this first safe, innocuous matter.[break][break]

"Drinking never affected me the same way, not after Wo-chien," she offered in mild explanation. "I remember how it's supposed to taste, but nothing is as strong as it used to be anymore."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 22:27:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev followed Elisabeth to the open bar, a flicker of amusement running through him at the familiar sight. Underbosses were predictable, it seemed.[break][break]

He waited until she'd finished mixing her gin and tonic before stepping up to pour a drink for himself. "You have a resistance to toxins, then," Zev observed, unscrewing the cap from a bottle of top shelf whisky. "Fitting, for a woman who was a poisoner."[break][break]

Ice clinked in his glass as he poured the dark liquor over it. He didn't drink from it right away, however; instead, he took a seat on a nearby armchair, the dark leather fitting around him like a throne.[break][break]

"I still drink, but more out of habit than need." Alcohol still affected him the same way, too, but Elisabeth didn't need to know that. "Drinking in general is a concept I'm still reacclimating to."[break][break]

As were eating, sleeping, and exercise.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 0:46:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I miss it, to be honest," she confessed, apropos of nothing as she swirled the drink in her hands. Ice cubes clinked together, chiming against the glass. "Ironic, hm? That a poisoner misses being poisoned."[break][break]

Emerald eyes glanced over the Beast: draped and hulking over the leather chair, whiskey dangling from his own fingertips. She hadn't expected him to ask her to make his drink, of course; most people knew better than to drink or eat anything a poisoner gave them.[break][break]

Even if they were on the best of terms. Which she and were decidedly not.[break][break]

"You speak as if it's been a long time," she observed, cocking her head at him. Locks of golden hair shimmered with the motion, tousled as they spilled across her shoulders. "But this was a recent change, no? I'm surprised so much already feels unfamiliar."[break][break]

Her drink wet her lips, which creased into a wry, bitter smile.[break][break]

"Not that I am a stranger to sudden transformations, of course."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 1:05:14 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Do you miss the escape it gave you?" Zev asked idly, before taking a measured sip from his own glass. "Or perhaps you want an easy excuse for the way you act? I'm very familiar with how alcohol reveals people's true selves."[break][break]

The memory of a whirling dance and Elisabeth's biting remarks replayed in his mind. How long ago that time seemed now, before their respective contact with such ruinous creatures.[break][break]

But how much of them had really changed? How much of them had simply been honed to cut away all unnecessary burdens and inhibitions, then amplified?[break][break]

"You should also know how drastic those sudden transformations can be." Zev tilted his head at Elisabeth, watching her with the scrutinizing gaze of a predator. "What happened? Did Wo-Chien abandon you?"[break][break]

But already, logic refuted that possibility. After all, she'd just mentioned that alcohol no longer affected her as it did before. That could only mean she still had a pact with the Pokémon.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 1:15:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Something like that." Escape wasn't the word she was looking for, though. "The world can be a loud, demanding place. It's nice to drown everything out, for a little while."[break][break]

She ignored the pointed jab about her own behavior. Their verbal spar in a winter ballroom had occurred what felt like a lifetime ago; she'd found many, many other excuses to unleash the darkest parts of herself since.[break][break]

"As for Wo-chien," she continued, the name of her patron invoking an unwanted bitterness on her tongue, "the Ruinous Beast lingers around me still. You may not see it, but I assure you. It's here."[break][break]

The deity's unseen presence slithered in her every shadow, sinister and ever-present. No matter how much she tried to outpace it, she could sense those ochre eyes fixated upon her, waiting for a moment's surrender to seize back its rightful domain.[break][break]

She closed her eyes, a furrow working its way into her brow as she pushed away that unpleasant thought with an exhale. The faintest glimmer of pink dust was expelled with her sigh, ringing her glass like rose-hued dew.[break][break]

"Would you say that you and Necrozma exist harmoniously? Or have you yet to find moments of disagreement between you?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 1:36:53 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elisabeth confirmed Zev's suspicions but also introduced new questions. From their brief exchange so far, he noted how her appearance wasn't the only thing that had changed; her demeanor, too, was more like what it was during her pre-Avatarship days.[break][break]

Except it was not exact. The Elisabeth of the past had been like a lamb that had donned a wolf's skin for protection—or, at least, that's how it seemed she'd wished to be perceived. Zev knew that beneath that façade had been a savage woman seeking blood.[break][break]

That side of her had emerged with reckless abandon under Wo-Chien's influence.[break][break]

The underboss in that bar with him now was neither woman. She carried herself with the same careful alertness as before, but alongside it was a deeper knowing of a harrowing truth.[break][break]

Elisabeth's own inquiries suggested what might have transpired between her and her patron. Zev raised an eyebrow at the implication and said, "You could say there hasn't been enough time for disagreements between us."[break][break]

He raised his other hand to examine it, for crystals had emerged from his flesh and spread to cover his skin.[break][break]

"So Wo-Chien's pissed at you, is it?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 2:02:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The laughter his question invoked in her was genuine in its frank amusement. She leaned back, one leg crossing over the other, as she let her drink lower to the side table.[break][break]

"Did it ever occur to you I might be the pissy one?" she asked, an eyebrow lifted. "Not everything is about what deities want, you know."[break][break]

Though of course that would be the inherent assumption, wouldn't it? What was mortal ambition in the face of divine desire?[break][break]

Her eyes flitted over him thoughtfully, taking in the crystal patches that resurfaced upon his flesh, before she spoke again.[break][break]

"Besides, Wo-chien has always been the possessive type. It doesn't like to share."[break][break]

The pink fog still danced across the abandoned cocktail glass, frothy and sparkling.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 2:49:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The Zev of the past would have agreed with Elisabeth's statement. But that version of him had been merely human, ignorant to the vastness of the multiverse and the smallness of humankind.[break][break]

And that version of him was dead.[break][break]

"It did, but I get the feeling a creature with the moniker of 'Ruinous Beast' wouldn't give enough of a shit to skulk and brood over your pissiness," he said, aiming a pointed look at the golden locks of her hair.[break][break]

The pink mist did not escape Zev's notice. His gaze lowered to her glass and narrowed at the glittering wisps, remembering the way she'd breathed a cloud of it into his face during their nighttime spar.[break][break]

"Share?" he echoed, confused. Her comment could have only meant one thing, but the idea seemed preposterous.[break][break]

Yet he remembered, suddenly, a report he'd read after the Darkest Day incident. He'd only skimmed it, as it hadn't contained any information about Necrozma. Instead, it spoke of 's Avatarship to Tapu Fini and the powers he commanded through mind-altering mist.[break][break]

But events had transpired to sever that bond between man and Pokémon. Tapu Fini was recorded as dead, or at least lost.[break][break]

Not anymore, it seemed. "You have two patrons?" Zev asked, genuinely surprised. His eyebrows rose into his forehead as he regarded Elisabeth in the context of this latest revelation.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 3:14:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Surprise was a rare emotion to witness on . She'd be lying if she didn't admit to taking a small amount of satisfaction in witnessing it now, and this showed in the sly smirk that crept across her lips.[break][break]

"Two," she repeated, her hand indicating the total number with the cheeky flash of a victory sign. "The second is Tapu Fini. To my knowledge, mine is the first occurrence of this in Hoenn to-date."[break][break]

She dreaded how this might draw attention from Head Scientist , to be honest. It had been one of many reasons she'd been loathe to share this revelation sooner.[break][break]

"You could say Wo-chien is used to being the dominant personality, but it shouldn't surprise anyone to imagine a Guardian of the Seas is as fickle and moody as the tides."[break][break]

Her fingers curled back into her palm, resting in her lap as she regarded him.[break][break]

"What of your patron? Are they likewise fickle, possessive...?" As she inquired, her voice lowered with curiosity. "...or unpredictable?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 3:47:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Two patrons.[break][break]

Zev fell into a contemplative silence. The phenomenon was unheard of until that moment; he didn't recall a single record of it, one way or another. Did Elisabeth possess a certain quality that made such a thing possible?[break][break]

And more importantly, what did it mean for Avatarship across the board?[break][break]

He took another sip of his whisky before answering her question. "No. Unpredictable, maybe, if you observe our actions from your limited human lens," he said.[break][break]

As Zev spoke, more crystals arose from skin in small, scattered clusters; they crawled up his neck and jaw to frame his face. He didn't seem to notice, having tapped into the open psychic link between him and Necrozma, as a child might seek reassurance from a parent.[break][break]

Its alien emotions and thoughts poured into him. He paused as he sifted through them, searching for what he could recognize and put into words.[break][break]

"We would call ourselves wrathful. Vengeful." A vicious cruelty entered his expression, unbidden. "Relentless."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 17:11:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Your limited human lens." How amusing it was for him to think he alone was under the sway of some otherworldly power, when two had claimed her. All the more amusing still to think he believed himself capable of understanding his deity's true intentions, after such a freshly established bond.[break][break]

Arrogance was a trait both human and divine, it seemed.[break][break]

"We have that in common, then. Vengefulness." The faintest ring of gold tinged her emerald eyes for but a moment, as if tinged with autumnal rot. "We are the Scorned and the Vindictive. We do not forget those who have wronged us."[break][break]

Unlike the crystal that sprouted upon his features, this influx of power suffused her and dwindled from her all at once like the sudden lighting and immediate snuffing out of a match -- leaving her much the same as she appeared seconds ago. Still, the reminder of this truth showed in the slightest shift in her posture, and in the sneering mockery that found a home in the wicked curve of her smile.[break][break]

"You mentioned before how your last profession revealed people's true selves," she commented, a click of her tongue inserting a pause between this thought and the next. "But I find power does the same, doesn't it? For a deity would not choose a vessel that did not align with its needs."[break][break]

The implicit damnation of the statement applied as much to her as it did to him: for all the sway her deities had over her actions, the success of that influence came from what monstrosity already existed within her, too.[break][break]

Zev was no different.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 20:43:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

It was Zev's turn to chuckle as Elisabeth shared the monikers that her gods had bestowed upon her. On the surface, they were similar, two monsters beneath the façade of human flesh.[break][break]

She had tried to hide her true nature behind sweet-smelling flowers and noble mannerisms, while he had worn a mask of good-natured charm to navigate the fragile society in which they lived.[break][break]

But they were not the same. Far from it.[break][break]

"You're not wrong," Zev said, contemplating his drink in a hand that now sported razor-sharp, crystalline claws. With a slow, purposeful motion, he too set down the glass on a low table nearby.[break][break]

"Is Tapu Fini's need stronger than Wo-Chien's right now, then? Who is it wanting you to mete out vengeance on?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
BEHIND THE MASK
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 21:29:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Who indeed?" she answered, shrugging with a casual indifference. "I could ask you the same. Where does your vengeance lead you?"[break][break]

A languid reach of her arm retrieved her drink, its clear liquid now tinted with a soft, roseate glow. She drank of it leisurely, not expecting an answer to her question, but idly curious if she'd receive one all the same.[break][break]

Another exhale, glittering pink with mist, infused her next words with a breezy nonchalance.[break][break]

"Though the relationship dynamics between myself and my patrons are, I suppose, unpredictable... when perceived through a limited human lens.

[attr="class","pkmn"]