Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 18:57:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The trek back to the city, away from the water side and away from the thin shreds of space time that were putting themselves back together, Yuina and Josh made their way to his gym, in relative silence. Yuina was both awash with joy and elation, at having more of her Pokemon back in her life, thinking they'd be lost to time forever... Never more than a memory to her...[break]
But she was also wilting with guilt, the same guilt that she felt with before she divulged the most complicated parts about her life here in Hoenn... She hadn't told Josh, and now was in a position where she more or less had to tell him, or make up some kind of outlandish lie... And she just couldn't stand lying any more... It was getting harder to keep up the lies, the facade, how fake her life was on the outside...[break][break]
They'd made it back to his gym, out on his grounds, and Yuina had Moroe clutched closely to her chest the whole way back, it was so good to see the Zorua again when she thought she never would... And knowing that they were in quiet solace, somewhere safe... It was time...[break][break]
"I'm really sorry Josh... I promise that... It was never anything against you... It's just something that... Isn't easy to talk about," Yuina started first, and in that moment, seeking comfort, stability, she sat down on the ground with Moroe in her lap, stroking the Zorua's soft shimmering blue fur while Daikenki moved to lay around her shrinking frame... She felt so small right now...[break][break]
"I'm... new to the Hoenn region because... I only have memories that go back to waking up outside of Petalburg city in the summer, and nothing else... And it was because of a distortion... I think..."

notes[break]
Mission: Bond Bridge December 2023[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 23:00:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Craggro was tired after the long race around the SPIRAL, one of the Gym Leader's most difficult courses. Testing almost every skill there was, even the Gym Leader had to be on top of his skills the entire time. He felt the Arcanine's fast and powerful heartbeat as he slid down, resting against the flat of one of Isu's massive tusks. The Mamoswine he stood next to may have been one of the fastest of his kind in the entire world.

In a secluded corner of Sector 6 of the Mauville Racing Grounds, Josh and Yuina met up, the Gym Leader offering the accomplished Ranger solace in such a trying time.

As many wild stories as there were in Hoenn, Yuina's was one of the craziest he had ever heard. "Breathe, Yuina. Breathe," he tried to console the female, Craggro sitting down near her to offer what comfort he could in his own way. While the Hisuian Arcanine was no longer obese, he still was a bit pudgy. "So, those Pokémon in the distortion. You called them by name, and they seemed to listen to you." He sounded like he had more to say, but he trailed off.

It was a lot for him to wrap his head around, too.

{PC: 1}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 1:08:37 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Shrinking into Daikenki's firm figure behind her, the Samurott having become the sword to her armor, Yuina continued to hold Moroe in her lap as the Zorua sniffed up at the Arcanine that approached them. Yuina remembered the Arcanine from before, one just like Kano, but she couldn't smile at his attempt to console her... This was never easy to talk about or explain, she'd only divulged this twice.[break][break]
"These Pokemon are mine... I caught them, in Hisui...," Yuina returned, the memories flashing across her eyes for a moment, the only ones that she had to recall.[break]
"I don't know, how I got there, or why things happened the way that they did... But I was lost to a distortion... I don't even know how long ago... I lived a short life, in that time when there was nothing more than a village settlement in Sinnoh... That's... Where I was given my name, Yuina...," she continued, struggling through her words, tears stinging at her eyes... The admission of what happened to her, every time, made her feel so lost, so broken... The name that wasn't hers, this life that she shouldn't be building now...[break][break]
"My Pokemon like Daikenki, Harrow, Moroe... I can command them because... They've been looking for me, ever since I ended up here in Hoenn..."

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 2:25:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Yuina's story was mindblowing. Even the Pokémon surrounding Josh exhibited a change in body language after the revelation. "Hisui? What... or where... is that?" he asked the Elite Ranger. It may have been better if he didn't know the details. There had been all kinds of strange, supernatural occurrences in Hoenn, almost only a bimonthly basis, since he same. This, though... this was on a whole different level. Was Hisui another world entirely, almost like the Ultra Wilds?

"So they were Pokémon you caught in this Hisui... is that why they all look different than the ones we know?" Noticing Dakienki, Toshiro bounded toward the Mamoswine and Hisuian Arcanine. His Unovan Samurott companion, Fumiko, was nowhere to be found. Those two were always together. "Hey, Toshiro," Josh greeted the Hisuian Samurott. "Where's Fumiko at?"

{WC: 136}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 2:39:36 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

For better or for worse, it sounded like Josh didn't quite know what or where Hisui was, and in the back of her mind it made her glad that she was doing all of the studies and research that she was in her museum work to bring light to such a far away time, and such a wonderful place... Even though she didn't have any other memories to recall, she could look back on Jubilife Village fondly and know that it was a beautiful, serene place... A happy memory...[break][break]
"Hisui is what the Sinnoh Region was known as centuries ago before it was settled and colonized... Back then, the only settlement that was there was a small village where Jubilife City is now...," Yuina explained, and just knowing, saying it out loud, that this was centuries ago made her stomach churn... Knowing that it was so long ago, she would never have any connections to that place ever again...[break][break]
"No one knows why, or how, the distortions seemed tied most commonly to another region... Another time... But these Pokemon, your Arcanine, my Samurott, they're extinct otherwise... That's why they come from the distortions..." Yuina described.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 3:34:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was speechless as Yuina told her story of an ancient Sinnoh, Hisui. It was little wonder she was so tense. It was little wonder she seemed so distant every time they talked, especially after the battle that landed him in the hospital for weeks. A centuries-old world with Pokémon species that died out, never making it to the modern age.

That explained so much.

"That's such a wild story..." Josh trailed off. "But it makes so much sense. I met Craggro through a Space-Time Distortion last year. Toshiro through another." Now, the species were relatively commonplace, having populated in Hoenn's ecosystem like any other Pokémon. "If this is the case, then you might be able to answer one other question I have." He whistled for yet another Pokémon, this one a Shiny Sylveon. Leaning away from Isu's tusk, Josh took a seat on the giant Eeveelution's back. "I met Pinky here through a Distortion, too, along with so many of my Pokémon. Is there a relationship between the distortions and these... really big Pokémon?" the Gym Leader asked.

{WC: 184}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 21:42:42 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It was always a tough bit to remember, to know that Hisui was so long ago, that her Pokemon that she had come to care for so deeply wouldn't have been here with her otherwise... She would never have those relations again, that place to go back to, nor would her Pokemon ever be able to return to their homes, or see their own species... The memories for her were so fresh, but it was such a long, long time ago...[break][break]
Josh inquired about the size of particular species, and as she looked up to him, she looked haunted. Being out in the wilds of ancient Hisui was like nothing else she had experienced thus far, and the Pokemon that he spoke of, the ones that made it into distortions, were the reason why...[break][break]
"In an undisturbed environment, before industrialization, before colonization and human interference... It was very different back then. In Jubilife village, Pokemon were to be feared, they were dangerous, only those brave enough to leave the village to seek out a Pokemon had their own..." Yuina began, Josh needed to understand how different things were in a place where... Humans and Pokemon were not friends...[break]
"Without human interference, Pokemon were feral, more animal, the environments that they lived in were more hostile with their power, their sheer strength... And some Pokemon, for territory, or power, grew to out match others of their kind, other species in their area, their most base, natural instincts empowered... They were known as Alpha Pokemon, and were the reason why so few left the village, and why even fewer came back...,"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 7:41:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
So this Hisui was like medieval times. A world before the database fueling Pokédex apps existed. Knowledge of what Pokémon could do was limited. There was certainly no type chart to study. Josh couldn't imagine how hard it must have been living in a world like that. "There certainly wouldn't have been saddles for Pokémon back then," he speculated. "Pokémon are so integrated into our lives today that I couldn't imagine it. I rely on my Pokémon to carry me all over the region. Some people rely on Pokémon to be able to live at all. I wouldn't wish what you went through on anyone."

The story of Yuina's account of giant Pokémon hit him hard. Was this the correlation he was looking for? There would, of course, be no hard evidence of it, what with true Alpha Pokémon being lost to time. "Do you remember if you got to see any of these Alpha Pokémon yourself?" Josh asked, the Sylveon he rode letting out a low squeal that may have jostled her memory.

{WC: 183}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 17:41:43 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

To Josh's credit, the only world he knew was a world where the intelligence of Pokemon and their natural sense of belonging had overcome human fear and dejection. At least for the most part. Industrialization, the ruin of natural habitats and environments by human interference, people who seek their power to do terrible things... But in spite of all of that, Humans and Pokemon coexisted in a large enough effort to make the world a better place. Things were going to be different a couple of centuries ago.[break][break]
"When two different groups clash and make contact for the first time... Fear and rejection is quick to take over. We know the world as it is right now because humans and Pokemon worked together over time, but, it wasn't always that way," Yuina remarked. He wondered, if she had ever seen an alpha Pokemon for herself, being out in the wilds of Hisui. If you were careful, and didn't fall into their territory, you didn't have to worry about it, but sometimes... It was inevitable.[break][break]
"I have... once or twice... If you were careful, and stayed away from their territory or their young, you didn't have to worry too much... But," she remembered, hiding behind a tree, holding her mouth up and open, remaining as still as she could and breathing as shallow as she dared as a massive Luxray stalked through the woods... Hunting for her...[break]
"When so few humans existed in a place so wild, so feral... The Pokemon don't care for the difference between human and Pokemon... They would attack you before you could even take out your first Pokeball... Or finish you off just like your Pokemon..."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:22:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The world Yuina described was, in a twisted way, not different from their own. Whereas League and Rocket fought over territory, Infinity Energy, and Dynergy, the tribes of Yuina's world fought over something important as well. What it was they fought over remained unclear, but it was just as important and life-changing as the League-Rocket conflict plaguing Hoenn.

"I think I've told you this before, but I've seen many giant Pokémon in those distortions," Josh related Yuina's tale. "What you described of Alpha Pokémon is consistent with how the giant Pokémon act. Even if you catch them, they're... really hard to train. And they've been spreading throughout Hoenn. Are those... those bright red eyes a mark of an Alpha?" he asked. "Every single time I've removed one from one of the distortions, that feature goes with them. They're still huge and aggressive, though."

{WC: 146}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 19:45:23 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The red eyes... If they were particularly consumed by their primal rage, the need to defend their territory... It was something that Yuina was familiar with, as if all manner of intelligence was barred behind their most feral instincts. And it made them all the more terrifying...[break][break]
"Yes... In their most feral instincts, sometimes they are consumed by it, almost like an energy by itself," Yuina confirmed, it was undeniable, and one of the most vivid memories... Seeing red eyes peering at you through the shadows... Knowing that you'd been spotted...[break][break]
In this moment, divulging what she knew, what she remembered about that far away place, Yuina looked up to Josh, still vulnerable, still so small... This was... her most heavily guarded secret, forever fighting herself over wanting to know who she was and what happened to her versus trying to enjoy the life that she has now...[break]
"Josh... Please... You have to promise, don't tell anyone? No one higher up than you knows now... I... I've lied to the league, the entirety of my time in Hoenn the last couple of months is a lie... but... I don't want to lose everything that I've worked for to this point...," Yuina pleaded, it was an awful, even selfish, thing for her to ask of him but... If anyone in the league knew that she was a lie, that her identity was fake, if that was deemed a mistake, or even a threat .... she was afraid that she would lose everything all over again...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 18:33:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was so much of what Yuina said that made sense. It was little wonder Josh's Pokémon were so aggressive. If they were mostly Hisuian alphas who had their status robbed from them when taken out of their original time... what a discovery. He would honor Yuina's wishes of secrecy, but regretfully. "It all adds up now. All these really big Pokémon I have... they used to be Alphas, didn't they?" If Yuina were to look around, she would see many Pokémon that were abnormally large for their species, including a full set of eight Eeveelutions wearing saddles.

"I will keep your secret safe," Josh nodded in agreement as Isu walked away from him, gently bumping Yuina if she allowed it. "I implore you, though, to at least share this with Science. and can be trusted. This would greatly advance our understanding of Space-Time Distortions and even the rifts."

Regardless of Yuina's decision, Josh wanted to try to cheer her up. "I think Isu likes you! Up for a run on her back? I'll let you control her if you want!"

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 1:51:13 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Sitting there, huddled into Daikenki's figure, Yuina feared the worst as it felt like her question, her plea, hung in the air for an eternity... She felt awful, asking Josh, a high ranking member of the league organization to keep information from his superiors... But... she visibly relaxed when he said he would keep her secret safe... He pushed though, only a little, to meet with others about her experience, about the science and understanding that she could bring... Not if it meant telling them why she had the information that she did though...[break][break]
"I can't... not right now... I need to try and figure out why what happened to me happened at all... I don't want to be a science project until I understand what this means for my life...," Yuina digressed, another potentially selfish concept surrounding all of this but... She wanted to understand before anyone else did, she needed to know if she could have any answers for herself...[break][break]
The mood was heavy, and the tone was bleak, Yuina had just poured out her entire self, or, what little self she had, she was nearly drained from it... She looked up though at massive, heaving breaths that had come towards her, cold air blowing through her hair as a mammoth approached, the one Josh had called Isu. Yuina looked up, and Moroe in her arms sniffed back at the impossibly large Pokemon, she remembered this Pokemon, in the icelands to the north, there were herds of them that roamed the icy plains...[break][break]
"Mamoswine, right? You could finds herds of them and their young in the farthest north of Hisui," Yuina remarked, but while Josh offered a ride on the mammoth's back, her attention was drawn off to the side where the remainder of her Pokemon rested. It was a lot of work, traveling through space time, it was no wonder they were all exhausted, but Harrow was standing and stretching his wings from his rest.[break][break]
"Thank you Josh, for staying in that distortion with me... I don't know that I would have been able to find them without help...," Yuina mentioned, her tone soft, and she looked as Harrow turned at the sound of her voice, the Braviary standing upright to move towards her. She truly missed them all, and never thought that she would see them again...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 8:31:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh knew it would be a difficult decision for Yuina to make. What if she wasn't originally from Hoenn at all? What if she had been from Hisui to begin with, pulled hundreds of years into the future? She didn't have to go alone. She had Josh, who would be there for her. "It doesn't have to be right now," he gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder if she allowed it. "When you feel ready, though, I would still recommend it. They might be able to help you find out more about your past. But don't push yourself. I learned that lesson with Raikou." It was a painful past for Josh, too. It took the near-murder of a child, now traumatized of him for life despite his efforts to make amends, to learn that lesson.

"It's no secret that I love Raikou. There was a time when I would do anything to be Raikou's friend. Even if it meant... even if it meant giving up my Gym and betraying the League. I did something horrible in the process of pursuing his friendship. Something I never thought I would ever do. And I want to come clean about it. But I can't. If I were to... it would ruin the League's reputation."

The mood quickly turned less sour as Yuina inquired about Isu. "Yep, Isu's a Mamoswine." No direct response about saddling up and shooting across the Gym grounds on what may have been the fastest Mamoswine in the world. He could not imagine the pain swishing and washing over Yuina's mind. "It's okay! I have interest in the distortions, too. I want to understand my big Pokémon better. I have so many Pokémon that get so large, you'd have a better shot at winning a million bucks on a scratch-off just to have one. And I have... dozens of them. I want to know why they're so much easier to come by now."

{WC: 327}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 0:21:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

In spite of not having an entire truth to tell since she lost an entire life she didn't know about, Yuina could at least appreciate that Josh felt comfortable enough in this moment to bear part of his soul out in the open. They were sharing with each other, putting each other in confidence, and that gave Yuina the comfort to know that he would be in her corner if she ever needed it... And she would be in his...[break]
Trauma bonding at its finest it seemed.[break][break]
"I appreciate that you had the strength and confidence in me to speak about that Josh... I'm glad that we're in a place we know we can trust each other... I promise you won't have to worry," Yuina mustered, and she stood from the ground, relinquishing Moroe to Daikenki behind her. They needed to shake off the heavy tone, Yuina couldn't take the weight of it any longer. Even if her entire life was a lie right now still, it was nice to be able to pretend that she wasn't... Even if it was only for a little while...[break][break]
Standing up right now, as Yuina looked up to the Mamowsine that continued to huff frigid breaths at her, Yuina appreciated Josh's enthusiasm on the matter, in regards to distortions. She was terrified of the idea of being lost again, though that wasn't going to stop her from pursuing them. Knowing that she had someone who might work with her in tandem was encouraging.[break]
Harrow moved forward on his talons, wings folded at his sides as his bright blue psychic energy surged in soft wisps at the crown amongst his headfeathers. Yuina smiled, she never thought that she would see him again, and she reached out to touch him. She hesitated, as if making contact, he might disappear, like he was never really there... But she felt his smooth feathers beneath her hands, he was real... He was really here...[break][break]
"There's probably a connection, if I had to guess, between the surge of power that radiates from distortions, and the Pokemon in that place, closest to the disturbance... If they feel like they need to defend their territory, or their aggression just says to attack unapologetically, it may even draw Alpha Pokemon in in that way."

notes[break]