6,951 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 21:09:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's lips were sealed on Yuina's origins as she understood them. Her words helped Josh understand some of his large Pokémon, too; it seemed they were, in their era, monarchs of their territory. Perhaps cruel ones at that.

"Ever since I started running into a disproportionate number of really large Pokémon, I've wanted to get to the bottom of it. I think our goals are related, Yuina. But that's enough of the past. Need a hand getting up here? I'm sure you would want to see my large Pokémon for yourself."

Some of them, such as Josh's saddled Eeveelutions, were already roaming nearby. While Josh's Pyroar didn't grow as large as an alpha would, they were still quite a bit bigger than most of their kind, as well. He wouldn't even want a Pyroar the size of an alpha; when Josh was early into his career, a Distortion popped up on top of his Gym, and an Alpha Pyroar and Alpha Luxray did great damage to his facility. He had to close the place for weeks before getting things repaired.

The Gym Leader seemed to be a magnet for those kinds of Pokémon, whether he wanted to or not. It was both a curse and a blessing.

{PC: 8}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 16:38:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

It was definitely time to shake off the heavy tone of the conversation and move on, at least for now. Pretending could only ever last for so long, but for better or for worse, Yuina had plenty of experience in pretending that she wasn't a lie...[break]
Harrow stood tall beside her, taller than she could have remembered as she stroked some of the feathers on his chest, and Josh offered to help her up onto the great Mamoswine's back. She recalled riding through the fieldlands on Ayashi's back, and swimming through the coastlands with Daikenki, and.... Flying above the icelands on Harrow's back...[break][break]
"Thank you Josh, but, if we're going to take a lap around your gym, I think I'd want to fly with Harrow... After all, I haven't seen him in months... Or Centuries...? Mmm, that's confusing to think about," Yuina mused, a small smile. It wasn't exactly a joking matter, but she really did get stuck on that, was it months or centuries that they had been apart from each other?[break]

notes[break]
Mission: Bond Bridge December 2023[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,951 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 7:15:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a wild notion to consider... the notion of time travel. While it certainly could be used for good, there was just too much potential for abuse in the hands of a bad actor. It was a power Josh felt should be firmly out of the hands of humans, for unfettered power over time made one truly immortal.

"That's very fair, too," Josh nodded in reply. "That's how I felt when I was reunited with some of my favorite Pokémon. I've got a Persian named Herc that I've tried to bring into Hoenn for almost a year and a half now. Poor guy's trapped between the laws of two different regions. Can't return to the region I caught him in to at least let him back into the wild, and haven't been able to import him into Hoenn." Little did Josh know that the horse-sized Persian was roaming Hoenn's wilds now, waiting to be rediscovered.

"Ready to go when you are," Josh added, holding Isu's reins. The Mamoswine was among the fastest of the species' kind, but was among the slowest of the Gym Leader's Pokémon. "I don't think Isu will be able to keep up with a Braviary any time soon. Probably not ever."

{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 20:29:07 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Standing beside Harrow, Josh shared his sentiment, of missing a Pokemon and the bond. Yuina still hardly had any frame of reference for things outside of the Hoenn Region, she didn't know that there were different laws and such that could inhibit Pokemon being able to live in one region or another...[break]
"Oh Josh... I'm sorry to hear that... I hope you do get to see him again one day," Yuina sympathized, that sounded really difficult to have to hold onto for so long...[break][break]
Within a couple of moments, Josh was up and ready on the great Mamoswine that he'd introduced, and Yuina looked up to him, looking way way up at the sheer size of the ice type.[break]
"Well, this is nothing official. I don't think I should ever challenge you to a real race or anything. I think it'll be nice to just have some fun," Yuina smiled, Josh was a professional for a reason after all. She looked to Harrow beside her, the blazing psychic energy of his crown shining a bright brilliant blue.[break][break]
"Harrow, maunto," Yuina spoke, an old, foreign word, and she had the Braviary's attention. He looked down to her before leaning forward, giving her the opportunity to swing one leg over and sit astride his shoulders at the base of his neck. It was just like she remembered...[break]
The bird spread his great wings, and careful with Yuina's weight, he jumped and began to lift into the air, lofting on his wings now as Yuina came to be eye level with Josh at the top of his mount.[break][break]
"Okay, we're ready," Yuina smiled, basking in the feeling of being with her memories, the only ones she had.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,951 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 4:09:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's no biggie," Josh reassured Yuina. "I've been dealing with it for months. What's a few more months?" It was sad that a Pokémon was trapped between laws of two different regions, but perhaps things would change and the embargo would be lifted by one region, if not both. Once they were reunited with one another, it would be all the more sweet.

Josh guffawed at Yuina's remark of their ride across the Gym grounds being an unofficial race. "I don't even think of it like that! It's just a way for us and our Pokémon to be as one," he remarked as Harrow flew aloft, at eye level with the behemoth of an ice-type. "You have a lot more talent than you think. If you ever want me to show you the ropes, I've got classes for it, no matter your skill level."

With Yuina ready, Josh gently kicked toward Isu's flanks. "Hyah!" With the Leader's cry, the Mamoswine slowly accelerated from a walk to a brisk run that would maintain pace with the Braviary for the time being. "Whoo-hoo!" he whooped, swaying back and forth with his mount's powerful strides whose footfalls made it sounds like a stampede coming through.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 21:07:57 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Feeling his wing beats beneath her, his shoulders shifting with each push, the feel of his feathers, the wind moving around her... Yuina couldn't hold in a small set of tears that came to her eyes, smoothing out one hand over Harrow's back in front of her. It was just like she remembered, a memory... That she was overjoyed to live again.[break][break]
"Maybe one day, but without the saddles. I've finally realized why I never wanted them for my Pokemon... Because I learned without them," Yuina mused. She commended Josh for the intricate designs and the amount of work each saddle required, the detail that went in to making sure it was the best fit for any one Pokemon, but it wasn't until she recalled her memories in that far away place that she realized why it never appealed to her... She'd learned how to ride all of her Pokemon bareback before.[break][break]
"Okay, let's go," Yuina called as Josh started forward, urging the great ice type along the track. The Mamoswine was formidable, and even though it might not be exceptionally fast, Yuina wouldn't want to mess with it in any case, each step was like a whole stampede.[break]
Harrow moved forward, pushing with his wings, and Yuina felt that familiar flutter in her chest at the feeling of flight. They kept pace with the Mamoswine for a time, getting a feel for being back together as Yuina studied his movements closely, remembering the muscle memory of it all...[break][break]
She leaned into Harrow's figure, making the gap between her body and his smaller, urging him forward, urging him faster, and the Braviary trilled with a surge of his burning crown. The bird picked up pace, effortlessly moving along the straightaway of the track beneath them, quickly leaving Josh and the Mamoswine behind.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,951 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 20:54:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was all starting to make more sense now. In a world where Pokémon were not understood, what need was there for riding gear? They were mostly for the Pokémon's comfort, though that feeling was mutual to an extent. "Long as you have a control scheme that works for you, I'm indifferent about it," Josh nodded. "What's most important is that you and your mount are as one. Of one mind." It took tremendous trust, and not just one-way trust, either. Rider needed to trust their mount would not buck and bolt, and mount needed to trust their rider that they would not harm them.

Josh's smile grew as Harrow zipped ahead of them. There was no hope for Isu to catch up to the Braviary, even if the Mamoswine went all out. Instead, the duo were content to just try to keep Yuina in sight. He took psychic bird's trill as a sign that they were having fun. Josh was having fun, too; though the ice-type was not fast compared to what he was used to, her unique running stroke was fun to adapt to. Her real strength would not be on the race track; it would be on the field of battle as a siege monster. Her tusks were strong enough for a lithe human to sit on. Wielded by perhaps the fastest Mamoswine in Hoenn, they could break down even buildings.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 0:25:13 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Ahead of Josh and Isu now, maintaining a steady pace with each wing beat, Harrow and Yuina soared together through the air along the outline of the racing track.[break]
In her mind's eye, she could swear she could feel the biting cold of the Alabaster Icelands, the glittering snowy mountains were in the distance and everything was still, and quiet... She closed her eyes, just feeling Harrow's feathers beneath her, the beat of each push of his wings, it felt like such a distant memory, but it wasn't any more...[break][break]
Leaning into Harrow's figure, Yuina moved her hips, pushing in and down with one leg, and steadying herself, directing Harrow to turn around. The Braviary followed her motions, they were getting back into sync with each other, and soon she came back towards Josh and Isu, making a circle around the pair.[break]
"Isu is incredible Josh, I don't think even an alpha Mamoswine in the icelands would be able to keep up with her."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,951 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 7:07:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The way the Braviary and rider circled around Josh made them look like they had been flying together for years, their sync honed to near-perfection. They really had flown together in ancient times, hadn't they? Over a century ago, in a distant land, had they once surveyed Hisui's northern tundra? It sure seemed like their relationship was just as special as the one he had with his Manectric.

"Thanks," Josh replied as the Mamoswine began to slow down. "I can say with confidence that she is one of the fastest Mamoswine, if not the very fastest, in all of Hoenn." They were approaching the back door now, and the sunlight was starting to fade. Had they really been riding around the Racing Grounds so long? Where did all the time go?

With how much momentum the ice-type had, Josh had to rein her to one side, making a circle around the southern side of the concourse before he could stop her near the back door. "This was a lot of fun. I often get so busy that I forget what it's like to just race across Hoenn without a care in the world."

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 21:03:52 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Everything came to a slow, and then an eventual stop, Harrow moved with his wings to come down towards the ground while the Mamoswine came to a heaving stomping stop. Yuina returned to the ground, that far away part of her wishing that it was snow crunching beneath her shoes, but it was only the surface of the track for Josh's gym.[break][break]
"Thank you Josh, for everything. Thank you... Isn't enough, but it's all I can offer right now. I really appreciate everything that you've done."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Admission [M]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 4:09:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven