5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
ULTRA PLANT: JR
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 3:58:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The royal's widening eyes were unsettling, though they came as no surprise to Josh. He had this conversation with many people in the League. . . . . . Even Commissioner knew. "I know, Remiel, I know," he answered, looking the royal in the eye. "She was a criminal wanted by the League. I'm sure you're aware of the horrible, horrible things she did under Rocket. I went way out of line. I attacked her because I was desperate for leads. You are absolutely right. My obsession. Yes, obsession. It was an obsession at the time. It was so strong that I would follow any lead, no matter how dirty, if it could mean meeting and befriending the Beast." The painful memories flooded back into his mind, bringing him fully to tears that evaporated in the extremely dry air surrounding the Ultra Plant.

Josh sniffed before at last collecting himself. "Remiel, I've spent the last year apologizing. Making up to people I affected. And that includes myself. I've done everything I can to try to repair relations with everyone I wronged." He paused for a long time, more rumbles of thunder passing. "That the Commissioner has kept me on as a Gym Leader shows the faith that the League has in me, despite doing something so heinous. All I ask is that you listen. You don't have to reciprocate that faith. Just... listen."

A massive lightning bolt struck near them, interrupting Josh a second time before he could say more than a few other words. Once the rumbles of thunder had ceased, the Mauville Leader continued. "It's... incredibly sad that it took me harming a child to get me to take a step back and realize how far I had gone in pursuing my dream. My ideal. Remiel, that's not the kind of person I am now."

It was a past Josh had put behind him. He had even talked to Eris about it in Dewford when they were in the Infirmary together, and all he got was an acknowledgment of his upcoming birthday. He truly had scarred that child's life forever.

"I still want to be Raikou's friend. Don't get me wrong. But now I know it's not worth that price. I've set the price I'm willing to pay, and if we cannot negotiate a deal..." he trailed off, sobbing before continuing, "then so be it. I spoke to about it, and he told me with confidence that not just Raikou, but no Patron would bless me as I was at the time. And I agree with him. But I'm not like that anymore. My relationship with Raikou is no longer an unhealthy obsession. It's once again a dream. An ideal. One I can live by spending an afternoon with Kyle."

He took a deep breath.

"And when the time comes, I'm going to come clean about it. Set the record straight so all of Hoenn knows."

{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
Etali         Kilowattrel    Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Toralf        Raichu         Good
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 8:55:17 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

Remiel listens to the gym leader's story, sparks lightning in his eyes at the excuses, and offers no sympathy or reassuring gesture when he begins to cry. was just another reminder that no one in this world was perfect. His IDEALS had been faulty and malpracticed. If this could happen to him, then the rest of HOENN fared no better for it.[break][break]

This fact alone was heartbreaking.
[break]

Suddenly he understood how this current iteration of TEAM ROCKET had continued to grow. And the need to bring his IDEAL WORLD to fruition became stronger than ever at that moment. Despite the sins of in the span of her short life so far, no child deserved to be struck down the way had struck her down.[break][break]

For a moment, Remiel considers enacting justice himself. There's an impulse from ZEKROM to do so. But, ultimately, he decides against it. had been his friend, after all. That, and Remiel was in no place to seek such ends either as an infamous member of the AMNESTY PROGRAM. Much like himself, it seemed the gym leader had spent the last year making amends anyway.[break][break]

Regardless, the AVATAR huffs.[break][break]

"Say whatever you want, but that'll never change the fact that you did it."[break][break]

And no one would ever truly forget.
[break]

Turning around without another word, Remiel advances into the MEGALOPOLAN SPACECRAFT and begins accessing its systems at the helm. As soon as enters, however, he leaves. "The autopilot is on and there's a trajectory in place, but I'll ride ZEKROM up there instead." He says on his way out to mount his patron.[break][break]

SETTING UP

41 using a repaired megalopolan spacecraft and/or pokemon, discover that the sky is false and has an endpoint. reaching the boundary means hitting an invisible barrier, similar to the invisible dome hoenn had been contained in before.

CHECKLIST 📝 36 39 40 41 + 🗺️🗺️
[break]

[attr="class","icon-dragon"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]ULTRA PLANT: JR ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 20:44:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was ever so close to perfect. A law-abiding, selfless Gym Leader, he went out of his way to make sure Mauville's citizens could live the most comfortable lives they could. "You don't think I know that?" he asked semi-rhetorically. "This is something I know will stay with me for the rest of my life. Even if the League expunges it, everyone will know. And everyone deserves to know. I considered stepping down as Gym Leader. I have several times. But Hoenn needs me. Even if I'm not perfect, she needs me."

No more words were exchanged; Josh simply took the controls, flying the spacecraft alongside Remiel and his holy Patron. As they ascended farther and farther, he was rocked by collision with something invisible, flinging him out of his seat. With no one at the sticks, the vessel simply hovered just beneath the boundary. Outside, Remiel may have been able to hear the loud collision, depending on how fast he and his Patron were flying.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 10:48:28 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

There was something noble to be said about the way was approaching his redemption. Or, perhaps, Remiel was simply biased toward the idea. Nevertheless, one could not deny that it took a certain degree of courage to accept such terms. However, whether or not Josh deserved to be a GYM LEADER anymore was not up to the crown prince.[break][break]

It was ultimately to be decided upon by the people of HOENN.[break][break]

As they proceed with the mission, however, Remiel shifts his attention to the invisible boundary they've reached. ZEKROM reaches out with a wing to tap it just before Josh arrives upon the spacecraft. Like a stone cast into a pond, the touch ripples throughout.[break][break]

"It's just like the dome the DRK TRIAD had placed over HOENN..." Remiel remarks through his wireless mic. "That must mean they're keeping something inside." He adds, sensing a familiar yet strangely foreboding energy before he turns over his shoulder to see.[break][break]

On the horizon, a tidal wave of rolling black storm clouds was approaching fast, devouring the land below it from view completely. ZEKROM growls as the lightning within that giant storm begins to intensify. And, realizing what lies within it, Remiel's hues of cobalt blue widen.[break][break]

"Land the ship now, Devlin! Land or EJECT!"
[break]

PROMPT CLEARED!

41 using a repaired megalopolan spacecraft and/or pokemon, discover that the sky is false and has an endpoint. reaching the boundary means hitting an invisible barrier, similar to the invisible dome hoenn had been contained in before.

SETTING UP

40 encounter a ZEKROM that seems to have been intentionally let loose into the realm; however, it has decided that this realm has LOST ITS RIGHTEOUSNESS and in doing so, has decided to annihilate it. battle the ZEKROM to prevent it from annihilating you and the realm temporarily.

[break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 5:42:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a lot like the dome that had covered Hoenn. "Don't remind me," Josh radioed back. "It's the whole reason I'm still here at all." Had that dome not been in place, the Mauville Leader would have returned to Johto after his vacation, living a peaceful life there. His stay turned into months, and by the time the barrier had been lifted, he had already made the name for himself in Hoenn. It ended up being only a matter of time before he, and his family, moved to the war-torn region.

Upon being ordered to land or eject, Josh decided upon the latter. "We're too high up to land quickly! Engaging autopilot and ejecting!" After entering a few commands, the vessel's roof opened. Grasping Etali's Poké Ball in one hand, he pressed the button with his other. Like a powerful spring unwinding, the seat flung the Gym Leader high into the air. Clicking open Etali's Poké Ball, he landed in the Kilowattrel's saddle as though the maneuver had been practiced for years.

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 19:00:55 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

[break]

In the split-second that ejects from the ship, the ULTRAWORLD ZEKROM shoots out from the dark storm clouds like a jet, cloaked in the crackling power of a FUSION BOLT before it tears through. The spacecraft, of course, explodes into a roaring ball of flame and scrap metal as a result. ZEKROM and Remiel take cover behind a SPIKY SHIELD to avoid being struck with shrapnel or scorched.[break][break]

When the fire dissipates, the ULTRAWORLD ZEKROM appears from the smoke with a sharp glare and a scowl. Though ZEKROM glares back, refusing to tear his eyes off of its counterpart, his patron turns to visually assure himself survived the attack. "Don't draw any closer!" He calls out to the man holding onto the KILOWATTREL. "We're going to attempt to communicate with it!"[break][break]

Meanwhile, the apocalyptic storm beyond continued its slow but steady crawl toward them, decimating the world below in a relentless barrage of lightning. Would they be able to make it back to the portal in one piece? Did this ULTRAWORLD ZEKROM have any intention to hear them out? As the two BLACK YIN stare each other down, Remiel climbs onto his partner's shoulder and attempts to make a connection with the other.[break][break]

"What happened here? Why are you brimming with so much... WRATH?" The AVATAR inquires, attempting his best to utilize his connection with ZEKROM, focus, and hone in on this ULTRAWORLD ZEKROM's thoughts and feelings.[break][break]

"Are you... even from here?"[break][break]

[break]

IN PROGRESS...

40 encounter a ZEKROM that seems to have been intentionally let loose into the realm; however, it has decided that this realm has LOST ITS RIGHTEOUSNESS and in doing so, has decided to annihilate it. battle the ZEKROM to prevent it from annihilating you and the realm temporarily.

[break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 8:40:01 GMT
shiv Avatar

REMIEL X JOSH

ULTRA PLANT'S ZEKROM IS AN AGGRESSIVE ANNIHILATOR OF WORLDS. Through their encounter, 's connection with his own ZEKROM would pay dividends. Although he himself can not gaze into the ULTRA PLANT'S ZEKROM's mind, the dragons are able to communicate with each other. Subsequently, 's ZEKROM would be able to psychically present what it has gleamed.

As soars on his KILOWATTREL, would receive the following information, parsed from his ZEKROM:

• The Ultra Plant Zekrom was sent here by humans clad in black.

• Megalopolans had begun constructing a city here.

• The city growth was designated as dangerous by the humans clad in black.

• The Ultra Plant Zekrom will continue to purge this realm and fight others from settling here.
Eventually, the ULTRA PLANT ZEKROM will depart.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 9:16:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The electricity in the air was too much for Etali to absorb; he had to descend before he was overloaded by incurring the Ultra Plant Zekrom's wrath. Thankfully, the Avatar had things completely under control. "Etali can't fly in this weather! I've gotta land!" he waved to Remiel before flying back beneath the artificial sky, only to encounter another Xurkitree laying waste to the base camp he had worked so hard to set up. At least flying was easier at lower altitudes, particularly with the angry Zekrom gone.

Seeing the creature POWER WHIPPING the building they had used for shelter into oblivion, the Gym Leader hurled Raikiri's Poké Ball toward the unusual-looking electric-type. Not showing any mercy toward it, he raised his Z-GLOVE above his head, bathing the Zeraora in the yellow light of Z-ENERGY. In an eardrum-shattering HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE, Josh's partner overloaded the current flowing through the Ultra Beast. Though potent, the Pokémon was still standing, easily able to grapple Raikiri with one of its cords. He was a sitting Ducklett, unable to avoid being POWER WHIPPED by the other.

The thundercat bled.

With little else to do, he hurled an empty Poké Ball toward the electric alien, not to catch it for raising it, but to make it no longer attack them. He got the feeling it would break out and not be so easy to catch. Hopefully wouldn't be too long up there...

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: JOSH DEVLIN will be able to encounter and catch a STAKATAKA or XURKITREE (one or the other); capturing these ultra beasts can influence the severity of the world's hostile environment by diminishing power, current connection, security, etc.

{PC: 12}

Raikiri       Zeraora        Poor
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 18:08:53 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

[break]

It's a three-way connection. A game of telephone with gods of righteous fury. Though, if anyone were to take part in it, the one known to the DRK TRIAD as 'the EXACTING' would be it. And, as far as Remiel can tell, his ZEKROM transmits the information it gathers seamlessly to him. A stream of images and understandings that almost fooled him into thinking he'd known it all along.[break][break]

The DRK TRIAD had sent the ULTRA PLANT ZEKROM here to keep the MEGALOPOLANS from building a city. The ULTRA PLANT ZEKROM was not, in fact, from the ULTRA PLANT realm at all. It was as alien here as they were, though this one had a clearer mission in mind: to keep anyone or anything from settling here permanently. To purge it completely.[break][break]

Suddenly the communication ends.
[break]

A bright blue FUSION BOLT collides with a vibrant green SPIKY SHIELD, two orbs of pulsating energy melding with each other at the point of contact. After rolling up his sleeve to reveal a TERA ORB bracelet, Remiel lifts a hand to his ear to activate his comms. Despite the scratchiness of the transmission, his voice manages to reach below.[break][break]

"It's time to go, Josh! Make haste for the portal!"
[break]

Just then, a bright pinkish-white light pierces through the haze. Remiel's ZEKROM has TERASTALLIZED into the FAIRY-TYPE, just in time to withstand a BREAKING SWIPE from the opposing BLACK YIN before it darts past it.[break][break]

A NOBLE ROAR fills the realm, summoning a surge of lightning strikes throughout the realm of the ULTRA PLANT. Then, before long, its ZEKROM gives terrifying chase.[break][break]

IN PROGRESS...

🗺️ utilize terastallization in an advantageous way.

[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 23:47:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri was nimble, but there was little that could match the ULTRA PLANT ZEKROM's turbine thrust. He could hear its thrum, the black dragon outspeeding the Zeraora and hurling a BOLT STRIKE at the duo. Thanks to the cocoon saddle Josh was seated in, he was not dislodged from his mount, and Raikiri was able to absorb the electricity. The blast from the legendary attack was a different story, sending debris flying everywhere around them. A piece of black rock grazed the back of Josh's head, his vision blurry and his hearing overcome with a loud thumping noise. Though he had survived the crashing attack and reached the portal, there was one problem.

Dimensional interference had obstructed it, preventing the duo from returning home directly. Thanks to some pointers from , the Gym Leader never went into the Ultra Wilds without RED ORE. He tossed a hunk of it in front of Raikiri as the Zekrom wheeled around for a follow-up strike, the Zeraora sending it flying toward the rift with PLASMA PAWS. Under the extreme pressure of the electric strike, the ore shattered, widening the gate to its normal dimensions. "You don't have to tell me twice!" Josh called back, spurring his thundercat into a QUICK ATTACK through the exit leading to their home -- and away from the dangerous wasteland.

🗺️ MYSTERIOUS RED ORE: the ore can be smashed against fissures or cracks created by dimensional instability you encounter in the realm for safe passage.

{PC: 13}

Raikiri       Zeraora        Poor