[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

The blizzard had hit the town of VERDANTURF hard. They could at least be thankful that it had waited until after HOENNYULE to do so. And, truth be told, it hadn't lasted that long either. Though you certainly couldn't tell the next morning.[break][break]

had been forced to crawl outside of his bathroom window to escape his house. Afterward, a trip to the shed armed him with the appropriate shovel needed to clear his doorway. His GALARIAN MEOWTH, of course, was no help at all after it was set free from inside the house.[break][break]

As Remiel proceeded to shovel the rest of his front patio, the scruffy cat would frolick and play in the snow. At least until someone began to approach the secluded one-story building...[break][break]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]WINTER'S WEIGHT ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 4:11:13 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner descended upon 's front yard riding the back of his Hydreigon. Amhar's legs and tail sank into the snow piled to the side of the walkway, but his trainer remained clear of it. Gunner hopped off his Pokémon's back, landing on his feet on the shoveled path. [break][break]

"Having some trouble, Calcifet?" he asked, eyebrow raised at the state of the front yard. [break][break]

Despite Remiel's reputation—both current and prior—the agent had never met him. Part of him was grateful for that. would have chewed him out if he'd punched someone with such a high-profile status, even if it was justified. [break][break]

Yet there Gunner was, at the defector's doorstep. The assignment had come unexpectedly, and though he had argued it at first, he understood the importance of having a senior agent on the case. [break][break]

After all, Remiel had been a Rocket admin. [break][break]

Gunner surveyed the yard, squinting in the brightness of newly fallen snow. "I heard the power went out in several neighborhoods here. Are you affected, too?" he asked Remiel.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 21:38:33 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]

For once, Remiel appreciates a surprise visit from a LEAGUE official. It gives him an excuse to pause from his work for a while, propping his shovel upright in the snow before pawing at his cheeks to warm his face. "When I was relocated to VERDANTURF, they didn't warn me about all this snow." He jokes, casting a look at all the work he has yet to do.[break][break]

HAMMERLOCKE had a snowy winter season as well, of course, though nothing quite like this. And nothing he'd ever had to personally shovel himself. Due to his circumstances, this was his first real winter alone.[break][break]

"We still have electricity and hot water, yes. I was worried the pipes might have frozen over but—" Then, suddenly, as if through an act of ARCEUS or perhaps more appropriately GIRATINA itself, a pile of snow hanging from a tree nearby collapses upon the power line below it.[break][break]

The snap of a branch. The hiss of electrifying sparks. Even Thorgrim lets out a surprised yowl before running off to hide somewhere. Remiel, on the other hand, releases a despondent groan. "Spoke too soon. I don't suppose you have the number to the power company on speed dial?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 13:37:17 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner gave a sharp shake of his head, refusing to assist the former Rocket admin in even the slightest way. "Nope." [break][break]

After recalling Amhar into a Pokéball, he summoned his Illumina Glaceon instead. Together, they walked onto the patio Remiel had already cleared. Galahad peered suspiciously at the Galarian Meowth as they passed him, but ultimately deemed him a non-threat. For now. [break][break]

"There's not supposed to be any more snow in the forecast for today, so you can finish shoveling later," Gunner said to his host. As amusing as it might have been to watch a man of royal bloodline carrying out manual labor, he was not there to twiddle his thumbs. [break][break]

"Come inside for your interrogation."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 6:47:57 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Tch.
[break]

Remiel supposed he should have expected that response. His reputation was still very much in tatters, after all, since he'd burned bridges on both sides of HOENN's faction war. Even so, the deal he had brokered with the LEAGUE meant he didn't have to be pushed around without reason.[break][break]

"Interrogation? For what?" He responds, narrowing his eyes at the man opposite of him as he crosses his arms. "Though I understand the purpose of your visits, I'm not sharing words with you in candlelight, officer." [break][break]

The royal takes a moment to acknowledge a shed in the distance, nodding towards it before his Galarian Meowth scampers in its direction through the snow. "There's a generator out back that should help restore power for a day or two. At least until they fix the power lines. We can talk once it's up and running... or while you help me get it going." He adds with a gleam of expectation.[break][break]

[attr="class","icon-dragon"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 19:50:39 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Perhaps "interrogation" had been too strong of a word, especially since the visit was a standard check-in for a defector. But as far as Gunner was concerned, an interrogation was the only kind of interaction an ex-Rocket like deserved from the League. [break][break]

Mention of the generator made Gunner think Remiel was just stalling, but he had to admit, he'd be less irritable in a warm house than one that was freezing. "Lead the way," Gunner acquiesced. "I'm not helping, but I'm not letting you out of my sight, either." [break][break]

Sharing his trainer's intention, Galahad the Glaceon moved to follow the Galarian Meowth to keep an eye on his Pokémon counterpart. [break][break]

True to his word, when they reached the shed, Gunner stood aside to watch Remiel start the generator. He shoved his gloved hands in his pockets and waited, his face set in an expression of open distrust.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 17:29:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Remiel scowls at the man but eventually concedes. At least the agent hadn't let his pride escalate this into some physical, the royal thinks. It wouldn't do to have such a scandal hanging over his head while he was still in the thick of the AMNESTY PROGRAM.[break][break]

"Fine."
[break]

With his Galarian Meowth leading, they trudge through the snow as they make their way towards the backyard of the countryside refuge. There they find the shed, and it takes a moment for Remiel to clear the way before opening its large doors. The generator is nowhere to be seen but Remiel makes a beeline for a power box near the back hooked up to a bunch of cables.[break][break]

"Just need to make sure everything is hooked up correctly first," He says, fiddling around with the box while Thorgrim stretches his claws on a nearby post. "The generator is just out the back door."[break][break]

Surprising as it may be, considering he was raised in a palace, it seems his time living out here so far has given the exiled prince enough experience to make quick work of the power box. When he's done, he locks the box shut before he turns over his shoulder to look at Gunner with a scoff.[break][break]

"Do you enjoy watching me work? Or is this some poor attempt at intimidation? If I wanted to run, I would have done so ages ago. And if I wanted to plot something nefarious, I certainly wouldn't be doing so right under your nose."[break][break]

The LEAGUE only typically sent someone his way once a week. Though he wasn't completely alone out here the rest of the week either. That certainly wasn't something needed to know, however. was no threat.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 14:20:31 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Don't get any wrong ideas, Calcifet. I'd rather be anywhere else than here," Gunner replied. Such as back home with a good book, or curled up on his couch with . But he had a job to do, and unfortunately, that involved standing in the cold with a defector. [break][break]

Gunner's eyes followed Remiel as the other man worked. Remiel's swiftness despite the piled-up snow surprised Gunner, though he dared not show it on his face. [break][break]

"What have you been doing to pass the time between Amnesty Program meetings and your weekly check-ins?" the agent asked instead. "There's not much out here in Verdanturf." [break][break]

The question was part of the usual check-in interview—the 'interrogation' Gunner had mentioned earlier. Though he'd first thought to wait until both men were back indoors, seated at Remiel's table, Gunner had no desire to stay longer than required.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:14px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:14px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 8:11:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Remiel, of course, would much rather be left in peace. Though, if he knew about and at all, it certainly would have left a sour look on his face. Instead, he sighs before moving towards the barnhouse backdoor.[break][break]

"There certainly isn't," The exiled prince confirms. "So I do a lot of reading on the days I'm confined here. At-home archaeological research. Combat training. Now that I'm no longer the GALARIAN AMBASSADOR, I find myself with a surplus of time." He adds, exiting from the back door before proceeding towards the fenced-off generator behind the barn house.[break][break]

Pulling out a ring of keys from his back pocket, Remiel busies himself with finding the right one to unlock the gate as Thorgrim plays in the snow.[break][break]

"How are things out on the field?"
[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 17:06:24 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

At Remiel's probing question, Gunner's frown deepened, if that was possible. "That's confidential information." [break][break]

Shifting the conversation back to the other man, Gunner focused on the part of Remiel's answer that he didn't like. "What kind of combat training, exactly? Pokémon battling with the Rangers?" he demanded. [break][break]

As much as Gunner disliked the idea of ex-Rockets even having access to Pokémon, participating in the Ranger's Amnesty Program required them to have Pokémon of their own so they could assist with Ranger duties. He just hoped that was the extent of the "combat training" Remiel had mentioned. [break][break]

Unfortunately, Gunner had a hunch that wasn't the case.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:14px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:14px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 7:45:07 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Remiel chuckles at Gunner's response. Of course it is, he thinks. If it hadn't been spoiled to him prior, the exiled prince was certain the man would have kept his very name confidential, too. Everything was on a need-to-know basis with him. And didn't get to know anything.[break][break]

The lock clicks open after the royal has inserted the correct key. Then, once he's stepped past the gate, he proceeds toward the generator as Gunner makes his next inquiry. "I train myself. I train with ZEKROM, too— when I'm allowed to visit." He adds, switching on the generator before turning to gauge the other man's reaction.[break][break]

And, at the sight of it, he sighs.
[break]

"I'm an AVATAR with a generous price on his head, Mr. Graves," The Galarian says, pausing to pull the generator's crank and hear it roar to life. Just nearby, the lights in his home flicker on. Rather than celebrate, however, Remiel returns his attention to Gunner and continues. "An AVATAR that now fights for the LEAGUE, I should add. It would behoove us both to keep myself sharp."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WINTER'S WEIGHT
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 12:42:08 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The generator roared to life beneath Remiel's guiding hand, lighting up the house nearby. Without taking his eyes off the defector, Gunner stepped aside so Remiel could exit the shed. And if the Galarian made his way back to the house, the agent would follow. [break][break]

Avatarship was outside of Gunner's understanding. What little he knew came from his direct work alongside and brief interactions with . As grateful as he was that the League government possessed such power on their side, he hated the thought of them welcoming Rocket Avatars into their fold. [break][break]

But people with bigger paychecks and higher stress levels made those decisions, not him. So he ground his teeth against Remiel's point and continued with his questioning. [break][break]

"That's it, then? Anything else you wish to mention?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights