hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
vct: diana vs. hideo
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:18:03 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]Diana's win streak had been even with her lose streak. However, she had suffered a loss at the hand of . Though did she truly consider it a loss when she seemed to have made a friend?

Perhaps not.

This time, she was going against a gym leader. She wondered it this fight would be equally as challenging.

"Good morning. My name is Diana. I look forward to our battle."

[attr="class","dianatag"]
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.diana] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.diana b] color: #A59DED; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.diana i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.diana u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:10:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another hour, another battle. Hideo's Beheeyem had been doing pretty well, all things considered; Elga was always more of a supportive Pokemon than a battler, though that didn't make it a slouch in combat.

Hideo didn't know who his next opponent was, but that just meant it was time for first introductions.

"Hey! I'm Hideo! Looks like I'm your opponent this time!" He waved to Diana as he took his spot in the arena, his Beheeyem staying still as it looked over who it'd be facing today: an Altaria.

The message was relayed to Hideo - the boy at least knew what they'd be facing, though who knew what moves their foe had in store for them?

"Let's have a good match!"

Chosen Gimmick: Sygna Suit (+10 to all rolls)

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:28:48 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]Diana's ALTARIA took flight, cawing at the BEHEEYEM in front of her.

She decided to set up defenses before attacking, fluffing out the cottony down around her body with COTTON GUARD. Perhaps it would soften some of the blows the Pokemon would send her way.

Once that was complete, she took to the air, coming in quickly with a fierce SKY ATTACK to attempt to catch the psychic-type off guard.

[attr="class","dianatag"] | HP: 3/3
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.diana] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.diana b] color: #A59DED; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.diana i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.diana u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]

TFTXJWVl
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:57:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Introductions made, their battle was underway.

His Beheeyem matched the Altaria's initial play, a purple light enveloping the psychic-type's body as it adopted a Calm Mind. It'd help empower its own attacks, and defend against any special attacks the Altaria threw at it.

Though it'd seem the first attack was more physical in nature.

The Beheeyem intended to meet the attack with one of its own: chunks of rock were torn out of the ground as it readied a Rock Tomb, shooting it towards the Altaria.

HP: 3/3

v3en3m86+10

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:36:24 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]While the COTTON GUARD had some effect against defending against the rocks thrown her way, it wasn't enough to avoid losing the first point. Cadbury cried a displeased sound from the shard reaching her skin, flapping her wings wildly.

No matter. This was just the beginning.

She decided to go for another physical move against the BEHEEYEM, this time reaching to grab it and throw it in a TAKE DOWN.

[attr="class","dianatag"] | HP: 2/3

TFTo3K8u

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:34:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The first attack went perfectly, saving the Beheeyem from a Sky Attack - but his foe was far from finished.

The Beheeyem carefully watched the Altaria, relaying its actions to Hideo, the boy's Sygna Suit making it much easier to transmit the information over. Tempting as it would be to repeat the same attack again, Hideo wanted to include a bit of style in his Pokemon's performance.

"Elga, sing a bit for it!" he ordered.

The Beheeyem would do just that - or at least the closest it could, trying to stop the Altaria from getting too close with a Round.

vPYPj6fs+10

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:44:57 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]This gym leader was no joke, because as soon as she looked again, another point was removed from them.

"C'mon, Cadbury. Hang in there!"

The dragon huffed, trying to shake off the hit from ROUND. Attempting to utilize SING to lower the BEHEEYEM'S guard, she decided to all out with a DRAGON'S BREATH.

[attr="class","dianatag"] | HP: 1/3

vqiWUrk8
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:58:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another solid hit: they just needed one more to claim victory in this bout.

But their opponent wouldn't give up - not that they expected them to.

That Sing did put a damper on things, making the Beheeyem feel drowsy - it had to act fast, before the Sleep fully took effect.

It'd attempt to meet the incoming Dragon's Breath with Psychic energy, to try and bring down the Altaria as fast as possible.

P3ql08bs+10

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:07:23 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]The SING was a clutch move in the moment, managing to make the BEHEEYEM drowsy enough to weaken its attack. It's counter was much weaker than her initial attack, giving her a point in battle.

"Atta girl!"

There was a triumphant cry. Cadbury was determined to bring the fight back around. Psychic energy was all around them, but she attempted to maneuver and attack with yet another TAKE DOWN.

GMxrvt9u

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:29:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
That drowsiness proved to be a turning point in their fight, slowing the Beheeyem down enough that it couldn't stop the Dragon's Breath, the attack bearing down on the psychic-type.

But it was far from done - that Calm Mind from before did wonders to help keep the damage off. And it meant the Beheeyem was still able to fight back against what was coming next.

Once more, rocks would tear up from the ground, another Rock Tomb readied, attempting to intercept the Altaria again before it got too close.

HP: 2/3

n2yOxU4S+10

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 22:33:24 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]They were both one to one now. And the accursed BEHEEYEM used the move that brought her down the first time.

Would it be their downfall?

With another defensive boost, COTTON GUARD tucked away soft spots before Cadbury went to counter with MOONBLAST. It was now or never.

kS2q7zkB
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 23:51:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
This Take Down managed to reach the Beheeyem, taken into the Altaria's hold and tossed aside. It was able to slow its fall, but it still hit the ground roughly - and another hit like that would risk it being knocked out.

But their opponent seemed to be on their last legs as well. Whoever hit first would be the winner here - and the Altaria had already fired a Moonblast.

The Beheeyem retaliated with the attack it knew best: a blast of Psychic energy, meant to blow through the Moonblast and strike the Altaria.

HP: 1/3

AHOKkpK1+10

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
192 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 23:55:33 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]The PSYCHIC energy overpowered the MOONBLAST that Cadbury had sent. It was a loss for Diana.

But it was a close fight. Maybe one day, she'd have to fight Hideo in his gym for real.

"That was a good fight, Hideo. Congratulations on winning. I hope your other fights go well."

[attr="class","dianatag"] | HP: 0/3
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 0:05:22 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
That seemed to do the trick. Hideo could breathe a sigh of relief, scoring another victory with his Beheeyem. "That was a pretty good fight!" Hideo replied, "Real close! I'd say your chances are pretty good if you got that close with Elga here!"

Alas, that would spell the end of his time here; he had more battles to attend, more people that would get a shot as his badge.

"Good luck with the rest of yours too!"

HP: 1/3

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:41:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: