March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Side Events: Shalin vs.Lutgarde [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 18:54:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

After a hearty lunch, Shalin was ready to hop into another tournament flight. Refreshed with some delectable delights from nearby sandwich shops, both her and her Beedrill were ready for their first opponent of the three-round flight. With how many trainers there were at the event, she would not wait long for the event to fill.

She walked to her assigned arena alongside Queen Zing, a Shiny Beedrill of great size. Were it not for the noise, the Ranger would have flown to her post. "Hi there!" the Captain greeted her opponent. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro."

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 11:59:57 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Playfully raised eyebrows are added to Lutgarde's warm smile at the introduction of the other. "Oh? What a joy to battle you today," they grin, doing a short courtsy as they motion for their black-red dyed Sylveon to step forward to the battlefield. "I'm Lutgarde Dijkstra, ranger cadet, and new here in the region. And that's my partner, Sylv!"

They gesture to the Sylveon, which greets their battle opponents with a friendly coo. "Ready to battle?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 22:32:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin cooed in the Sylveon's presence. "They're adorable!" she replied with eyes widened. "Maybe after the tournament, I could show you Endry, my own Sylveon!" There would be little time for further conversation, the starting horn and Queen Zing's loud buzzing making conversation impossible without stressing one's voicebox.

The blue-eyed wasp sounded like a revving engine as she zipped around the fairy-type, her wings creating a TAILWIND behind her. Bobbing and weaving around the Sylveon at great speed, Shalin let her circle her foe a few times before thrusting toward the Eeveelution with a vicious-looking rear FELL STINGER.

FDoY4U8z

{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 22:50:56 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Ohhh, I would love that!" Lutgarde replies, always excited to meet other Sylveons - they have a soft spot for them. Sylv as well, since these are among the pokémon he tends to get along with the best. The starting signal cuts any further planning for future meetings short, however, and they focus on the battle at hand.

The opponent's Beedrill seems to take its time setting up, and Sylv remains calm during that - carefully eyeing their battle partner. "Light Screen!" Lutgarde then shouts out, "And follow with a Quick Attack!" Remain safe from the sped-up attack, and then use the chance to counterstrike was the plan!

HP: 3/3
ZhB__6pu
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 16:42:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While Queen Zing had tremendous agility, her raw speed was lacking. The speed with which the fairy-type charged and sliced across the insect's carapace knocked her off course, her stinger stabbing the air around her foe.

The brightness of the LIGHT SCREEN served as a complication to the green Beedrill's sensitive compound eyes. Rather than flying into it, she flew over it, diving almost straight down, hurtling toward the pink Pokémon with foreleg stings outstretched. They were some of the fastest, deepest POISON JABS she could muster in her "friendly" form.

XrAWB_oq

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 21:13:47 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde notices that the Beedrill might be sensitive to light, and notes that down - maybe this could come in handy later ... For now, they manage to attack successfully, but it's quickly followed by an attack from another direction - above!

"Quick Attack, get out of there Sylv!" they order, and Sylv hastily tries to run for safety. "And then another Quick Attack to get a hit in!" It's just about the most efficient and trained attack they have, given as it's one of the few damage moves Sylv kept - and even then, it's mostly used to speed up.

HP: 3/3
HnM6e0Ho
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:07:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the Sylveon now envenomed thanks to the flurry of POISON JABS, Shalin could have her Beedrill be evasive and win the match that way, assuming she had the time to wait out. She was uncertain, though; with how fast the fairy-type was careening around with those QUICK ATTACKS, it seemed like her foe had plenty of energy left in her. That was not why they were at the tournament, though.

Shalin entered the tournament to better understand her Beedrill when Mega Evolved. Every time she raised her fingers toward her MEGA CIRCLET, like she did in the moment of her battle with , she was getting close to understanding why the now-MEGA EVOLVED insect lost control upon assuming her apex form, and more importantly, what she could do to remedy it.

Her added strength and speed perhaps a terror to the Sylveon, she extended her rear FELL STINGER toward Lutgarde's partner. Oozing with burning venom already, it may have been scary for the trainer themself to watch.

7CNZQy2r+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 10:26:19 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Sylv coughs, spitting out purple liquid as his condition becomes poisoned. But he's far from giving up - even as the battle takes a tense turn with their opponent mega-evolving. It's nothing they've never seen before, and that means that Sylv's guarding is on high alert. He quickly exchanges a glance with Lutgarde, who gives him a reassuring nod.

Sylv's ribbon flinches, but he keeps focused on the battle, starts moving, picking up speed - but not going for a Quick attack this time. He throws out a Disarming Voice while trying to dodge that nasty stinger. His calming, charming song fills the battlefield, as he does his best not to let the poison get to him.

HP: 2/3
dkXVk00X
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 16:29:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Sylveon's calming song would have been effective against Queen Zing were she not inebriated on the Infinity Energy high that came with Mega Evolution. In her apex state, all she wanted to do was fight. Were she fully wild, that state would have led her to go for a kill shot. It was only her bond with Shalin that allowed her to hold back, aiming for less vital areas of Sylv's body.

Shalin's saddled partner lifted her FELL STINGER out of the fairy-type's body, then thrust it toward a completely different part of her foe. Were it to pierce the Sylveon's skin, the dose of venom wracking her insides might cause unbearable, searing pain from within.

OBNVVUxQ+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 15:44:18 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Disarming Voice unfortunately did not have the effect Sylv wanted it to have, and he could only jump away after already being stung by the venomous stinger coming his way. He's panting, but still keeping himself upright. It seems that the only way out of this battle would be ... well, fight!

The Sylveon roars, uncharacteristically loudly and aggressively, and goes full in on yet another Quick Attack, gaining speed and force as he goes.

HP: 1/3
CepObMdp
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 16:23:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Sylv's QUICK ATTACK chipped away at Queen Zing's carapace, the dent in it becoming bigger after the terrifying wasp reverted back from her apex state. Before she could wind up for another sting, though, the horn sounded once more. Had time expired already? That was quick! The judges' decision was even quicker; with how sickly the Sylveon appeared to be, Shalin and her Beedrill were clear-cut winners.

"Great match!" Shalin chirped after withdrawing the noisy Pokémon. "What city do you report to? If we're close by, want to take some Ranger tickets together sometime after the tournament? I can show you some great pointers!" Regardless of her response, she would wave goodbye and get Queen Zing to an open healing machine, getting the wasp ready for the semifinal round of her flight.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 21:51:11 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
The stinger has become an unstoppable force in the battle, and Sylv doesn't manage to fully evade it - the poison spreads, and before he collapses unceremoniously onto the floor, Lutgarde calls their partner back. "Agreed, that was a really good battle," Lutgarde replies with a grin - the loss stings (pun intended) a bit, but it was an exciting experience nonetheless! And to top if off, they found a colleague slash friend in the new region!

"I haven't been assigned yet, so just seeing where the wind takes me. Getting pointers and doing some missions together would be pretty cool though, yes," they agree, exchanging contact info for later before they'd also figure out a place to bring Sylv back up.

LOSS
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 0:22:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: