6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Miracle Beyond the Border
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 6:42:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even after and the Mauville Gym Leader parted ways, Josh's splitting headache remained, and it wasn't just his Iron Crown that was the cause. Loud roars from a pair of weeping Pyroar sandwiching Josh broke the near-silence near Mount Pyre's rift. They, alongside Josh's Type: Null, were crowded around two headstones, each with one handprint and four pawprints imprinted upon them. Were one to look into the eyes of the lions, they would be almost unhealthily red. It was not due to physical health; they had been crying for over an hour. Aslan and Kovu simply could not accept that Nala and Rani were dead. One at the hands of Unbound Hoopa; the other, one of the Paradox Sacred Swords.

Even Josh was crying as his head thumped; dressed like a Pyroar himself thanks to being in his Sygna Suit. Every time he tried to say something to the lions to comfort them, it came out as incoherent babbling. He wanted to console them, but his incomprehensible words only made them worse. Lost in sadness and anger, their red manes glowed brightly, putting out a tremendous amount of heat that may have cooked anyone else within touching distance of the two.

Their collective WORRY would do nothing to ease the mental pain the Gym Leader and his precious lions were going through.

97|1_eIr Aleph obedience

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Sigmund       Iron Crown     Good
Fire Eyes     Salazzle       Good
Toshiro       H!Samurott     Good

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 2:48:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he alights a spectrier he befriended from a long time ago when he spots a grieving gym leader. the gallop of his pokemon marks his arrival, and his greeting signals companionship.

"oh, good. i didn't waste my trip here."

they were but a whisper, but it's something that carelessly escaped his mouth nonetheless. his words appears tone deaf, which he immediately tried to fix with his next statement.

"i asked your staff at the gym where you were. how are you holding up?"

he's heard from about what happened back then when he questioned him about the sudden responsibility given to him, and even if he had not, the location given to him by the gym staff says it all.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 5:52:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The hooves of a Spectrier galloping caught Josh's ears, the Gym Leader noticing but paying him no heed at first, lost in despair from two of his pridemates having their lives taken from them much too early. It was only the second statement from the Top Champion that truly caught his attention. "Terrible," he managed, barely understandable from lost in his emotions. "It's Hoopa and those... Pokémon." The Iron Crown near Josh shot Kyle a cold stare, not even looking apologetic for what he had done.

"Those Pokémon took two of my friends--" Aslan let out another loud bellow that, if Kyle knew Pokémon emotions well, was one of anguish. Nala was one of the Shiny Pyroar's best friends, and Rani had some unique talents among Josh's pride. He could feel the vibration from where he stood. As hard as the Master of Faster was taking it, it was unbearable for Aslan and Kovu.

The apathetic Sigmund's eyes shifted toward the yawning Aleph, who looked bored and ready to take a nap while the Top Champion was in Josh's presence.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:00:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
an unnatural comfort is offered with kyle's empathetic half-smile. there were times when one can only cope with a forced expression of hope, and had kyle been in josh's position, it probably would be one of those instances.

"condolences." kyle dips his head. "that isn't something anything that i say can ease."

the loss of something, or someone, important wasn't a new theme for kyle, and it wouldn't be stopping for a good while either.

to say he's ambivalent about death wouldn't be a lie. with sloth comes apathy, and his connection with ho-oh renders most of his opinions about it null. there is irony in his opinion about needless losses.

"-but i brought these."

kyle hands over pokeballs to the gym leader, its surface scorched and blackened with flames.

subconsciously, the need to take josh out of his rut manifests. perhaps it's the very idea of his visit that conjures it, or perhaps it just naturally comes from his inability to handle awkward situations and the need to get rid of it.

kyle's emerging hero complex has progressed into an ability to UPLIFT THE SPIRITS of willing people around him.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 21:35:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When the first word out of the Champion's mouth was consoling Josh's loss, it compelled him to rise to his feet. "Thanks. Nala and Rani meant so much to--" At the very mention of the fallen lions' names, Aslan and Rani let out yet another loud roar, still mourning over their heavy losses. If there was a queen -- a lioness that Josh would make Shiny to represent the royalty Aslan held alone, it would have been Nala. Alas, she was no longer of this world.

Though much of the Poké Balls were covered in scorch marks, he could see a hint of yellow on them in the shape of a pawprint. There were even the remnants of Seals spelling their names out, as an easy way to keep track of which lion was in which Ball. He reached toward Kyle to accept the two Poké Balls. "...These are their Poké Balls. Where did you find these? I thought I had lost them when they had died." He avoided mentioning the two fallen Pokémon by name again; it seemed mentioning their names only made Aslan and Kovu more upset.

As Josh continued to grapple with the past, as well as the future of being separated from Nala and Rani forever, the cozy and refreshing feeling of the Great One's warmth washed over Josh and his two Pyroar. While they still mourned their loss, they no longer seemed to be spiraling into the despair of their sorrows. It was as though a bright rainbow lit up the skies in the Emergent's presence.

"Thank you for bringing these to me. I'll make sure to keep them on my desk in my office. That way, I will have something to remember them by." All the tears in his eyes evaporated. "So how you been? I'm still trying to fight my way up the ranks. Gotta get through , now that he's Elite Four, then we'll have our match."

There was not one word about Raikou. As much as he wanted to saddle up and Extreme Speed down 123, the longest road in Hoenn, this solemn moment was not the time.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 3:53:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
div align="center"]
the thought of keeping it secret to josh comes to mind, but he figured he wouldn't actually get htem out of their balls if he did.

"someone delivered them to me in the middle of the fight before the timer ran out," he clues in. "i do have that one niche in the battlefield."

he leaves it vague and casual.

the aftermath of the clash against hoopa and kyurem was felt, not only from the executive side, but also from an administrative side of things. josh bringing how he's been doing up only surfaces these thoughts out.

"the last event delayed some things, but i'm alright. certainly not in a worse predicament as others"

an eye looks at josh.

"i hope you're not set that far back on your challenge. that's one of the things i keep in my schedule, after all. the pokemon in that ball is one of the contenders to make it to the final match, right?"

'is' rather than 'was'.

[/div]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 8:54:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh wasn't quite sure what Kyle was talking about, a quizzical look on his face. "I won't forget this. You're a good man. If only we could spend some more time with each other. But our jobs are so different. You're really busy with the Champion Assessment, and me with my Gym." He clicked the Poké Balls' switches to expand each to full size. "Raikiri's been doing great. I think I'll be ready to ride him mid-Z-Move again in a month or so. Can't wait. I also finally got my big ride-on Raikou stuffie moved from my old Secret Base to my office. It's helped me cope a lot." To most, a waste of money; commissioning those things cost a small fortune. But to Josh, entirely worth it for emotional support. While he could only hop on the real thing at Kyle's leisure, imagining it was enough for him.

" 's specifically requested a one-on-one match between Raikiri and Shuwen," the Gym Leader brought up. "Probably wants to see what happens when trainers with rare Pokémon collide. It won't be easy, but I'm confident I'll get through him. Looking forward to seeing Entei, too." Entei would be the toughest obstacle in his way to Champion Rank. It would be a hollow victory unless he could defeat a legendary Pokémon without one of his own. It would prove once and for all that the Gym Leader didn't need one to do great things.

He already had.

When Kyle slyly mentioned that one of the Pokémon he expected to use in the final match was in the Poké Ball, his eyes widened, Flinching, he clicked the release switches, Nala and Rani emerging from their capsules. She was totally unharmed, as though she had never been eviscerated by HYPERSPACE FURY. His eyes filled with tears of joy, nuzzling and cuddling the grown, resurrected lionesses. Their riding gear was somehow fully intact, too.

"NALA!!! RANI!!" he screamed not of anguish, but of happiness. "You're alive!" Aslan and Kovu turned around the moment they heard Josh's cry, likewise burying the Gym Leader in affection. Within moments, he was surrounded by his pride, the great cats docile as house Skitty around him. "But... how?" he asked Kyle, his voice muffled by Pyroar fur in his face. "I didn't even know you were there!"

{PC: 4}

Nala          Pyroar         Good
Rani          Pyroar         Good

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 15:23:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he shrugs in an attempt to keep things calm. the excitement is infectious and kyle tries his best not to get too caught up in it, minus the big smile on his face.

"i told you. i have a single niche out in the field that only i can take." with suicune's avatar entering the playing field, he's not sure if that was the case anymore. "thank navy. he had his greninja bring it over to the other side of the chasm."

he folds his arms as he observes the two pokemon enjoy their reunion. he hadn't seen their conditions before the revived them, nor did he ask how they died. the only thing he needed to know at that moment was whether or not he should do it.

"i wasn't sure if it would work since there's a time limit on how long someone can stay dead before i lose my ability to bring them back. other factors are considered too."

such as the composition of their body among other things. he remembers failing to bring a pokemon back to life after it had been corrupted by poison from ultra space, or if there was no body left to bring back.

"i guess it's all luck that stars aligned for them to get a chance to reach me."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 3:41:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The revelation that it was not only Kyle's doing, but Navy's too, made Josh's smile all the wider. "He's such a good egg. I just wish he would watch out for his own health, too," the Gym Leader mused. "There's only so much one person can do. Believe me. I've had to learn that lesson myself." Several times, in fact. He had tried, and failed, to run Mauville Gym on a skeleton crew. Now the Gym had over thirty employees. With busy season coming again, he might have to hire more.

"Again, thank you so much," Josh continued on. "I'll make sure to bring the entire pride here to watch our match. They'll be excited to watch it, I'm sure. I bet the tickets for our match are already sold out."

From what Kyle was saying, it sounded like his ability to resurrect people and Pokémon had strict limitations. Whether it was by fortune or not, Josh was just happy to see his two lions back. There would be an uproar from his entire team when he returned to the Gym. Perhaps it would put even his normally ornery Pokémon in a good mood.

"Definitely going to thank the next chance I get."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,617 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 4:08:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i would rather have it held on my chamber than on the league's arena for public matches," he tells josh. "won't you rather have such a big moment of your life be more personal?"

for someone like josh, it wouldn't matter. he'd be too absorbed in the moment anyways to notice the crowd. the burden was more on kyle, who would find it difficult to comply with josh's conditions for their match if there was a live audience.

"it's never too late to change the details for your request of the match," he hints. "i don't really plan on making our match a show match, anyways."

it means no flashy moves, no fancy stipulations, and finally, no 'top champion' role for him. he'll be going as kyle lopez, avatar of ho-oh, as part of josh's own journey as a person.

he hops on the back of his spectrier afterwards.

"feel free to ask navy for tips when you go meet him too," he teases. "though i'm not sure if it's going to be helpful."

it doesn't mean to be condescending as pre-battle banter, and more like a premonition for what's to come for josh. kyle makes sure each match is tailored to the challenger, after all.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 19:14:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"So it won't be public at all..." Josh trailed off. Kyle sure was full of surprises. "...You're right. We're good friends, after all. Long as it's still recorded and I can watch it back afterward. After all, I want to be able to relive this moment over and over again, win or lose. I'm sure it will be a good match." Little did Josh realize just how much Kyle would push him when the time came. "I'll make sure to get it updated to be in your chamber. Still want to have as much as of my pride as possible present for support."

When Kyle mounted his Spectrier, Josh knew he had somewhere to go. "Will do. He and I are really good friends. He's helped me through a lot. Helped me get through Eris. Helped me get to where I am now. See you in the Spring!" Once Kyle was off, Josh took one last look at the rift before sending out Toshiro, his Samurott, who would ferry him across the lake back to Mauville. Once he was on Route 123, he would take turns controlling Nala and Rani, feeling like he was on top of the world after the Emergent had dredged up the two Pyroar from the clutches of death.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,873 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 3:52:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven