February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 15:21:51 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg1"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

Lucario stood beside him as he signed the last autograph. The person in question giggled and thanked him, then ran off. He waited until the person had disappeared from view before turning his attention to Aura.
[break][break]
"That was a lot, wasn't it?" he asked, though he wasn't expecting an answer. It was just a rhetorical question.
[break][break]
He knew it had been a lot. He had been signing autographs for the past few hours. Luckily, it was something that had been pre-planned, so he hadn't had to cancel any plans. But still...
[break][break]
He stretched and stood up, telling the people who had organized the event that he was leaving. If he wasn't so worn out, he would have offered to help. But as it was, he just wanted to relax a bit.
[break][break]
The young idol was enjoying a relaxing stroll when he spotted the gym. It reminded him of Josh, and he wondered how the older male was doing.
[break][break]
Indecision flickered in his gaze as he debated what to do.
[break][break]
In the end, he decided that since he was in Mauville, he might as well try to drop in and see how the gym leader was.
[break][break]
If he was busy, he could always come by later. But hopefully, that wasn't the case. Hopefully, he wasn't about to disturb him during a gym battle.
[break][break]
Taking a deep breath, he slipped into the gym building before turning to the person he assumed was the receptionist. After greeting them, he would ask if Josh was around and if he was free at the moment.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 18:40:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was a cold snap in Mauville that day, the weather more fall-like than wintry. Having returned to the office after Vital City, he had a lot of paperwork to catch up on. Though his secretary was able to file most of it, there were certain reports that the Gym Leader had to sign off on and file personally. He had a month's worth of those in his backlog, thanks to his hospital stay and the tournament.

Never a dull moment in the life of a Gym Leader, that was for sure.

On the Gym's first floor, had arrived to see ANDREW WEISS on duty, the young male greeting Jade and hearing his request. "He's in his office on the third floor. What can I help you with?"

{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 21:08:43 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He had no way of knowing if this guy knew who he was. Part of him hoped he didn't. It would surely make things a lot easier if he didn't know him as Jade the idol. Or whatever other silly nicknames his fans had given him.
[break][break]
"Oh, I'm just a friend. It's been a while since we've conversed, so I just wanted to see if he wanted to hang out. However, if he's too busy, I don't mind coming back later or waiting," he would tell the receptionist, a small smile gracing his lips.
[break][break]
He really didn't mind waiting. His schedule was free for the rest of the afternoon. And the last thing he wanted was to pull the older male away from work.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg1]position:relative; --accent:#5accd0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/vm5txnzG/IMG-1564.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg1 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 9:03:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I'll give him a call," Andrew replied to Jade's request before dialing Josh's internal extension. The conversation was not long, and seemed to go well. "He'll see you upstairs. Take the elevator to the third floor, and it will be straight ahead. I let him know you're coming."

Provided Jade was able to follow Andrew's directions and find Josh's office, he would be greeted by a large space that clearly used to be a mainframe room. The amount of Raikou merch in the room was staggering. A shelf with one copy of every unique Raikou official trading card, each slabbed; several figurines and stuffies, and the crown jewel of his collection: a custom-made Ride-On Raikou stuffie in the corner, riding gear and all made out of the same, soft material. Though it was well-maintained, there was some wear on it from being used regularly.

Josh turned his head away from his monitor, closing a manila folder on his desk as he saw Jade enter. "Jade!" the Gym Leader waved. "What can I do for you?"

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 4:06:28 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Thank you," he said, inclining his head to the older male before making his way to the elevator, closely followed by his Lucario. Once in the elevator, he pushed the button for the third floor and the ride didn't take too long before he found himself making his way to the dark-haired male's office.
[break][break]
The first thing that greeted him was a variety of Raikou merchandise set up around the room. Perhaps due to his own sparse decor in his own home, he was a bit caught off guard by all the Raikou merchandise in the office. It was actually Josh speaking to remind him that he had come here for a reason and not to check out the scenery.
[break][break]
Turning towards the older male with an apologetic look, he spoke. "Sorry for just dropping in. I was in Mauville for other business and realized we hadn't really hung out. I make it a point to try and not forget about my friends," he said, looking a bit troubled when he mentioned forgetting friends.
[break][break]
The expression cleared as soon as it appeared, though, leaving behind its usual smile. "Anyway, sorry if I came at a bad time."[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 21:45:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was a little surprised to see Jade come to the Gym without a concrete purpose. While he appreciated the visit, it was unusual for him to get a visitor that just wanted to say hello. Even so, he wouldn't turn down an opportunity to visit with a friend. "You picked a good time, actually," Josh replied, finishing up a Gym report to be sent to Ever Grande before standing up and pushing his office chair in.

Walking to the corner and mounting the giant Raikou stuffie, Josh grabbed its felt reins and leaned into the "wind" as though he were on a real Raikou. It was one way he had to blow off steam: imagining himself as the Hero of Johto. Was it childish? Yes. Did it help him get through tough times? Absolutely.

"I never thought I would say this, but it's actually been much slower than normal this winter. I imagine challenges will ramp back up when we have warmer weather, but right now I have over half my appointment slows going unfilled. I've got classes firing at less than capacity, too." Mauville Gym might even lose money this quarter. That was part of running a business, though; he had to take the ups with the downs. "So this is a good time. I don't have any more appointments for the day. Might close up the Gym for the day. What did you want to do?"

{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Rivers
he/him/his
February 1st
mossdeep city
pansexual
idol
civilian
single
6’0” height
6’0” height
awards
117 posts
jade rivers DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jaderivers
jade rivers
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 2:44:42 GMT
jade rivers Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Well, that was a relief. He had been worried that he would be interrupting the older male's work. Of course, he wouldn't have minded waiting if that was the case.
[break][break]
As the dark-haired man went over to the large stuffed Raikou and sat on it, pretending to ride it, he was a bit surprised. He had never had many stuffed animals growing up, and any he had had, he had been forced to give up when he was six. It was just his father deciding he was too old for them and needed to grow up.
[break][break]
"Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, business will pick up soon," he said, trying not to come off as awkward as he felt. Even though it didn't seem like he needed comfort, he still had to try. The thing was, he had never been that good in that department. At least, he didn't think he was. It was kind of hard to be the comforting type when one grew up with a father who had the emotional capacity of a brick wall, after all.
[break][break]
His question gave him pause. What did he want to do?
[break][break]
"I'm not sure. What do friends usually do together?"
[break][break]
His question was weird, but he had never had many friends to do stuff with. It wasn't until he had left Sinnoh that he had actually started making friends. With his father always taking him on his business trips around Sinnoh and being so strict with his studies, he hadn't had any time to go about making friends, and the children of his father's business associates didn't count.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
The Boys are Back [M/C]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 21:44:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I'm sure it'll pick back up once we get warmer weather," Josh replied as he leaned so low that his chin touched the back of the Raikou's crown; with how much he was squinting, it may have been easy for Jade to pick up that he was imagining himself riding at Extreme Speeds. Face-melting speeds that would leave most riders in great pain. It was only his specialization that had let him survive a run on Kyle's Raikou so long ago, which would in time be his.

Seeing the fairly empty Gym grounds below gave Josh an idea. "It's unusually warm today. I'm thinking about letting all the water Pokémon out and going for a swim; wanna join me?" The water would still be a little chilly, but nothing unbearable!

{PC: 4}
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights