[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbody"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]
'You are an asset to Rocket.'

[break][break] He flinched.

[break][break] Hadn't said that to him once upon a time? Hadn't taken it back, then, and been the one to burn him at the stake like this?

[break][break] 'There's something wrong with you, Jayden.'

[break][break] "Underboss Beckett wasn't trying to kill me," he said, finding himself defending the very man who burned him. The very man that reminded him of the nightmares that he tried so hard to avoid.

[break][break] "If he was, I would already be dead."

[break][break] "He was training me. The way that he should." Though littered with burns in the medbay now, there was plenty of other evidence that showed this. His whole body was a patchwork display of Rocket's very cruel regime — and how effective it could be.

[break][break] "The way that we were taught in Kanto."

[break][break] He blinks.

[break][break] "My father used to do the same."

[attr="class","symbol"]
[attr="class,"cp cp-skull"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
occurs directly after RUINS

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".dejavu"] --accent:#7c6678; --speech:#7c6678; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .top"] border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody"] padding:40px 80px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#ddd; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:15px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody .avatarimg"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'!important;letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:39px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .postbody a"] font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 3:54:57 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"And yet, he very well could have," she interrupted, glaring at him with a school teacher's disapproval. "You aren't invincible, Jayden -- far from it. Our Avatarships leave us vulnerable more than most."[break][break]

The criticism jumped out of her before she could think to hold it back, revealing more of herself than she'd initially intended upon entering this room. It left her all the more irritable, and she keep her gaze away from him, lest he catch a glimpse of her own self-rebuke.[break][break]

The stench of burning flesh still lingered with such hateful persistence.[break][break]

"Did you ask him to do this to you?" she asked, realizing this changed her stance somewhat. "Or was it on Beckett's orders that this happened?"[break][break]

He certainly spoke like a raving masochist.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 4:37:08 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

Vulnerable? He was not vulnerable. If anything, he was enduring, made such by the family that had raised him, abused him, burned him in the kiln of their love.

[break][break] For some reason, such a sentiment made him bristle with indignation, the lick of HATRED so easily to call upon now that he'd born witness to it. The torture that wielded against him appeared in ways unprecedented, baring teeth.

[break][break] "You - "

[break][break] 'You don't understand.'

[break][break] 'You weren't there.'

[break][break] He blinked.

[break][break] Her words, suddenly, caught him off-guard.

[break][break] "Yes," he said, then corrected himself. "Sort of. I asked him to help me train. It was his idea to..."

[break][break] To burn me, to tell me to endure, to torture me.

[break][break] "The method of his training was his idea," he said. "But it isn't something he hasn't done on me before."

[break][break] A pause.

[break][break] "He wanted to see how long it would take me to reach my breaking point."

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

MILKY

[newclass=".dejavu"] --accent:#7c6678; --speech:#7c6678; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .top"] border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody"] padding:40px 80px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#ddd; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:15px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody .avatarimg"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'!important;letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:39px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .postbody a"] font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 5:42:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"So, now that you've been pushed to the brink, what happens now?" she asked him tartly. "Have you transcended whatever mortal weakness you were hoping to purge?"[break][break]

Anger flared up in her, boiling over suddenly at the realization he had willingly invited calamity upon himself. Had he no survival instinct at all? Was he this callous with his own body and his own mind, inviting disaster in so long as it had a familiar face?[break][break]

"Was it worth the potential loss of your life? Tell me what you gained from this little macabre experiment."[break][break]

They'd have to hold her down kicking and screaming to agree to the same.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 5:02:07 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

He blinks.

[break][break] "I'm not sure," he confesses honestly. "Though I think this is only the beginning."

[break][break] In some ways, although the method of it was by no means comforting, it was a consoling thought to know that had utilized such methods against him. It was what he was familiar with — what he knew. Everything else about avatarship seemed foreign to him.

[break][break] Fighting against the embrace of death — that was natural.

[break][break] "Chien Pao is a being of hate," he explained, parroting back 's words at her. "It feeds off my hate and wants me to incite the same in others."

[break][break] For a brief moment, his eyes fluttered shut as he tried to remember the feeling that he'd had when those flames had consumed him. The feeling of being ripped apart and being forced together again.

[break][break] He opened his eyes.

[break][break] "When it comes to hating me, there is probably no one greater than Underboss Beckett."

[break][break] He released a breath.

[break][break] "He's tried to kill me before, because of his hatred of me and my father, but he's overcome it now."

[break][break] "Just like I must overcome this."

[break][break] This weakness of his.

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 5:37:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She blinked in open surprise at this revelation, momentarily speechless, before words gracelessly returned to her.[break][break]

"I don't understand. Why should he hate you?" she blurted out, confused more than anything else.[break][break]

Had truly hated ? She'd never thought so. He'd seemed so indignant that day in the Cave of Origin -- him and both -- when she'd been willing to kill Chien-Pao's chosen. Her standing among her fellow underbosses had plummeted that day, their frosty regard persisting even now.[break][break]

Had she been wrong to mistake that as fondness for Jayden? Was it only anger at her overstepping the bounds of Walsh's orders?[break][break]

She stepped forward, placing a hand gingerly on his shoulder.[break][break]

"Listen to me," she said, sternly but kindly. There was a wildness in her eyes. "Don't listen to them, listen to me. You will be drawn to the sources of hatred that inflame you most. You will. Over and over again. But as much as they empower your patron, they will weaken you in other ways."[break][break]

She could still remember the sobbing creature that Wo-chien had reduced her to, pushed to the brink of insanity by her mutual grudges for and . That memory haunted her nightmares even now, whispering at the grim fate she could have known.[break][break]

"You mustn't feed your Ruinous Beast blindly. They are gluttonous beings, and they have no care for you. Mind that they don't trample you in their greed."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 6:27:50 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

Why should hate him?

[break][break] It seemed like the question of the hour.

[break][break] To , who had long come to terms with the fact, it was obvious. He had grown long apart from the young, confused boy he had been when @victoria had barged into his room, demanding answers that he did not have. He had long since separated himself from the trembling leaf that was his childhood when he thought about how one of the strongest men in Kanto Rocket hierarchy wanted to have his head, from nothing apart from the fact of his birthright.

[break][break] But to those like , he supposed, he could not have blamed her for not knowing.

[break][break] She was not like them. Not like him or or . In fact, she was not even like , who's life in Kalosian Rocket had hardened him too beyond comparison of those in Hoenn.

[break][break] "Ask him," he said instead after a moment's pause. He hesitated on the last syllable, wondering how much of it he was allowed to share and how much he wasn't. He knew that was not a man who liked to have his life on display. But surely, and were close now, given the fact that both were underbosses.

[break][break] "Ask him for the details," he amended. "But the truth of it is - my father did something unspeakable to him. Like he has to many others." Like he had to . Like he had to himself. Nikolai Cross' reign of terror knew no bounds, a fact that should be able to learn even after a brief glimpse at Rocket's records.

[break][break] "And - at one point - he wanted my life forfeit for it."

[break][break] Perhaps he could've said more. Perhaps he should've said more.

[break][break] But then she placed a hand on his shoulder and he flinched; not because of her touch, but because it was a touch and he was a child who had not been raised to accept such kindness.

[break][break] He found himself drowning in the wilderness that was her frenzied gaze.

[break][break] 'Weaken me?'

[break][break] He wanted to ask, desperately, what she meant. How much more could this Beast weaken him in ways that he would not be prepared to deal with already? But the words died in his throat when he looked at her verdant green gaze, lost in the thorny vines of it all — it reminded him too much of his mother.

[break][break] "Do you care for me?" he blurted out instead, confusion warping his gaze.

[break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

MILKY

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DEAD OF WINTER
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 0:50:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I care about what that Ruinous Beast wants to take from you," she said, uncaring that any deity of their three might overhear her blasphemy. "Some things, when lost, don't come back to us. I think you know that, Cross."[break][break]

One unloved child recognized another.[break][break]

What wanted from Rocket wasn't what and wanted. It wasn't even what or wanted, either.[break][break]

She just wanted a swamp to sink deeper and deeper into, until nothing good of her was left to mourn.[break][break]

It was why Wo-chien had chosen her. It knew the depths to which she'd plunge.[break][break]

"Your father is dead, but whatever crimes he may have committed, you survived them. Don't let anyone take that life from you. Not Beckett. Not Chien-Pao. Not even me."[break][break]

Her hand squeezed his shoulder once more before releasing him, returning to her side as if nothing so intimate had occurred between them. Perhaps some of the residual frost that chilled him had transferred to her; she seemed almost statuesque as she regarded him now, a stone-faced Madonna imparting a strange juxtaposition of judgment and mercy.[break][break]

"I don't care what the details are. If you value all the sacrifices you've made until now, then don't squander them. Don't let your mind become someone else's."[break][break]

Once you let the devil in, you never knew which thoughts were truly your own.[break][break]

That had been true for her long before Wo-chien claimed her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights