5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[S][C/Andrea] Sightseeing in Sinnoh
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 22:37:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After quite the long sleep, over ten hours, Josh stretched and yawned, reaching for the Raikou stuffie next to his pillow as he got out of bed. He cuddled the adorable legendary Beast before setting it down on his side of the table between the two beds. If Andrea was still snoozing, he wouldn't wake her up; instead, he would check his personal email and browse the Internet on his phone until the cosplayer was conscious.

With "supersonic ride on a Dragapult" crossed off their to-do list, Josh would wave toward Andrea once she was awake. "Morning, Andrea! Did you sleep well?" he asked, munching on a granola bar to tide him over before either breakfast or lunch, depending on how late of a riser the Fallarbor Gym Leader was. "Lots to do and two full weeks to do it. What's on the agenda for today?"

There were all kinds of places they could go. Hearthome had the Super Contest Hall, with Pokémon Contests different from the ones run in Hoenn. There was Round One in Veilstone, one of the largest arcades in the world. Preseason baseball was starting up, too; maybe they could catch a game. They could also go sightseeing; there were plenty of natural landmarks other than Spear Pillar. Turnback Cave was unlike any other cave in the world. Whether they wanted relaxation, excitement, or even danger, Sinnoh had it to offer.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Tiamat        Dragonite      Good
Alphamax      Garchomp       Good
Kokusho       Hydreigon      Good
Valoo         Drampa         Good
Sidewinder    Dragapult      Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 10:45:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea had slept like a Snorlax. The hotel’s beds were very comfy, and Josh was an impeccable roommate, letting her wake up at her own leisure. “Morning, Josh… What time is it?” The girl groggily asked, letting out a big, open-mouthed yawn.

Thankfully, her Fuecoco Sygna Suit doubled as pajamas, so she was already dressed for outdoor activities. It was just a matter of getting her lazy butt out of bed now, and she wasn’t alone there. Had she gotten Jalapeño out of the Pokémon Storage System just to snuggle with him? You betcha!

The onesie-clad woman sat up, holding the little red crocodile in her arms. “Hmmm, what to do…” She pondered Josh’s question, while wagging her head to and fro. “How about the arcade?” A wide smile accompanied her proposal.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 18:19:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Andrea truly was one with her Fuecoco. He wondered how she slept so hard with all that Infinity Energy flowing through her. Even being in his suit at all made the young man wired; it was one of the reasons he didn't pack it, leaving it under lock and key at Mauville Gym. "About ten. Just been looking around Maps and playing games on my phone after I got cleaned up. Oh, almost forgot my pair of athletic shorts," he added, getting them out of his suitcase. It seemed odd to bring them to such a cold region in the middle of winter, but with the games he was playing, he was going to get sweaty.

"I checked the Round One; it's pretty far from the hotel, and it doesn't open until noon anyway. How about we get some breakfast downstairs before they stop serving, then head out?" With municipal speed limits enforced even in the air, travel to the large arcade would take some time. While there was a lot to do in downtown Veilstone, Round One was not close.

Whether they went for a late breakfast or an early lunch, the time would work out; they wouldn't be waiting too long before the doors swung open. Josh gasped. "And I thought Slateport's Round One was big. This place is huge!" There were all kinds of games, Ticket games, classics, and the newest releases, too. There was even a large room dedicated to laser tag!

"Back in a flash. Gonna change into my shorts then hit up the rhythm game area." If Andrea knew Josh well, she would know exactly what game he would hit up first. Now the question beckoned: would Andrea join her, and would she have two left feet?

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 21:09:33 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young woman's eyes widened like a pair of satellite dishes. "It's ten already?! I've gotta shower, and brush my teeth, then brush Jalapeño's teeth, and then eat breakfast! Waaaaaah!!" She frantically cried out, already unzipping her costume by the time she went inside the bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

Normally, Andrea was not the type to fret over punctuality, but in this case, she really wanted to get all the morning tasks out of the way as soon as possible, so that she and her fellow Gym Leader could enjoy the rest of their day out together. Some might even call it a date. Those kinds of people were wrong.

The Round One arcade certainly lived up to its reputation, being so large that it could almost qualify as a JRPG dungeon. Josh went off to try his comfy and easy to wear shorts, leaving the cosplaying aficionado to brace the jungle of sweaty gamers all on her own.

"Josh! Jooooosh!! Where are you going? Don't leave me here!" The eccentric trainer yelled, but her voice was drowned out by the 8-bit sounds of various arcade machines, laser blasters going off, and techno music blaring from the speakers.

Many more people swarmed in through the main entrance, shoving Andrea further into the crowd. "Hey, don't push! I'm waiting for my friend! He's changing into his shooooorts!!" The girl wailed, before getting lost in a viscous sea of bodies.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 0:26:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Panicking because it was ten? Andrea must have been an early riser. Before his Gym Leader schedule demanded he be up earlier, Josh was a night owl. If he was in bed before midnight, something was very wrong. If he was up at five in the morning, it was probably because he was up all night partying. If he had to fix his sleep schedule, he would worry about righting it the night or two before they had to leave.

Once Josh was in his shorts, he caught sight of Andrea easily and waved toward her. That Sygna Suit and her Fuecoco made her very easy to recognize. The place was a rhythm gamer's paradise; just about every Kantonian-made music game actively in a series was there. There was a came interfaced with seven piano keys and a turntable; another with nine large, colorful buttons in two rows; one with six white buttons and two knobs. The one that caught Josh's eyes first was a four-panel game played with one's feet. The cabinet was in use by a recreational player of middling skill, and no one was in line.

By the time Andrea could catch up to Josh if she so wanted, he would already be surrounded by arcade-goers in shock to see the Gym Leader and celebrity present.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 12:11:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As she was pushed around by an ever increasing crowd, the young cosplayer grew increasingly irritated, until she could take it no more. “I said DON’T PUSH!!” She yelled in ANGER, unwittingly activating her Sygna Suit.

Like a modern day Moses, her Fuecoco parted the sea of people, who quickly shoved to the side in order to avoid getting scorched by the tiny crocodile’s Fire Blast. With the path cleared up, Andrea was able to reunite with her friend who was now in shorts.

By the time she’d caught up to Josh, the Hoenn celebrity was already surrounded by adoring fans and people who recognized him. “Wow, I guess you’re pretty popular around these parts!” She mused while shuffling close to him.

A finger was crudely pointed towards the strangely-dressed woman. “Who’s that, Devlin?”

“I knew a guy that cute couldn’t be single!” One of the Gym Leader’s fangirls lamented.

“Huh?” Andrea blinked in confusion, her brain making error noises. Those people seemed to have gotten the wrong idea about them, but she was too stunned to correct them.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 2:51:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Fuecoco's FIRE BLAST caused a huge panic, arcade-goers fleeing the girl at top speed. This drew the attention of security almost immediately. Whoops, perhaps making a scene wasn't the best of ideas, particularly when one stood out like Andrea did...

"You know that I was a pro Pokémon racer before I became a Gym Leader, right?" Josh asked Andrea. Semi-pro, but that was a detail he was willing to omit. He had eaten plenty of humble pie; he had to give himself a pat on the back occasionally.. even if it was stretching the truth just a little bit.

By the time the Gym Leader's fans approached, he had already swiped and was on the dance game cabinet. "Come on, Andrea, are you also--"

Before he could finish his sentence, security had caught up to Andrea. "Excuse me, miss?" the young, black-and-blue-dressed lady asked. "I'll need to ask you to leave your Fuecoco in their Poké Ball and at the front desk. We have a strict policy of no Pokémon out of their Poké Balls inside the gaming space. It's a safety hazard, both to equipment and other patrons."

"I'll swipe another credit for you and stall as long as I can, Andrea! Hurry!" Josh urged, running every menu timer he could down to one second. Thankfully they were more generous than the default...

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 14:24:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
From the semi-pro racer's nosy fans to security officers, it seemed as if the universe was conspiring to ruin this outing for them. Although the arcade's no Pokémon policy was reasonable, Andrea felt like she was the one being wronged. She would not have had to put people in danger had they respected her personal space.

"No, you can't have Jalapeño! He's my son!" The Sygna Suited girl manically declared, wrapping her arms around the Fire starter like an overprotective mother. Onlookers began to suspect that a grown ass woman who wore a Fuecoco onesie and treated a Pokémon like her own child might have had a few screws loose.

"Look, I'll put him into his Pokéball right now, and I promise to keep him there. Just don't take him away from me, please!" The eccentric trainer suggested a compromise, though really, she was just begging the other woman at this point for some leeway.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 8:01:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The security guard seemed unwilling to compromise. "Ma'am, I understand your Fuecoco means a lot to you, but he's a hazard to other patrons. You'll be able to pick him up when you're ready to leave for the day. Otherwise, we'll have to ask you to leave."

Josh, having overheard the entire conversion that had taken way too long, couldn't stall for time any longer. It seemed like this credit, he would be playing by himself. At least he had the entire song select timer to try to defuse the situation. "Andrea..." Josh sighed, feeling his friend and arcade enforcement were about to get into an altercation any minutes. "The rules apply to everyone. Do what you have to do, but you have to be respectful to others. If you can't keep Jalapeño under control, then do as they ask. Before you get others in trouble, too. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as... matter of fact, but it's a rule. Rules have to be obeyed."

Shaking his head, Josh entered his song selection: a popular Kantonian tune about four teenagers playing a tabletop role-playing game.

Role-playing game // SoramafuUraSaka // EXPERT Lv. 14

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 17:04:23 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea pursed her lips. Being admonished by a security guard just trying to do their job was one thing, but Josh piling on her as well--however good his intentions may have been--was the straw that broke the Camerupt's back.

To an outsider, this may have looked like a nothingburger of an issue. Why couldn't the woman just follow the rules and leave her Pokémon at the front desk, instead of wasting everyone's time? From their perspective, she was making a mountain out of a molehill at best and being a brat at worst. But she knew she wasn't. This was important to her, even if it seemed trivial to others.

"I'm sorry, Josh... We'll wait for you outside." The young, costumed woman said, pulling her hood as far down as she could, before storming off, shoving past several arcade-goers on her way out of the establishment.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 22:50:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Had Josh come off as too harsh and too matter-of-fact? By trying to cover his own butt, he had alienated his friend. This was perhaps what had been trying to teach him in his interview, and why he was not Champion material in the stern one's eyes. In the year since, Josh had become more conscientious of it, but he, like all humans, slipped and fell. And it had ruined Andrea's experience.

Josh played two credits' worth of songs before heading outside, both to cool off and to check on Andrea. Only twenty minutes had elapsed since she had stormed off. "I'm sorry if I made you upset, Andrea. I was just trying to look out for you," the Master of Faster apologized, still in his shorts despite the winter weather. It was great for cooling off, but he would catch a cold if he stayed outside for too long. "It's getting close to lunchtime, and I only had a snack before coming out here. Want to blow off some steam at the food court?"

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 17:54:46 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Exiting the arcade, Hoenn's famous speedster and part-time dancer would find the young PokéManiac idly sitting on the edge of one of the rocky ledges Veilstone City was known for, swinging her legs back and forth. Upon hearing his voice, Andrea slowly got up, before turning around to face him. She was smiling.

"It's okay, Josh. Did you have a good time?" The girl casually replied to him. If she held any hard feelings for earlier, it certainly did not show on her face. At his next suggestion, she nodded enthusiastically, picking Jalapeño off the ground. "Food court sounds good to me! I'm starving! I hope they don't have a no Pokémon policy too, 'cause then I'll have Chomper level the place!" The dragon tamer said jokingly.

She was joking about that last part... right?

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 21:22:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The smile was such a relief for Josh to see; it seemed Andrea may not have had as strong of a grasp on her emotions as Josh did while wearing his Sygna Suit. They had their differences in thought, too; Andrea seemed more emotional, while Josh was more analytical, perhaps to the point of being a flaw. Maybe that was part of why they clashed from time to time. Even so, they worked their differences out and were fantastic friends.

"For the two sets of Step Step Revolution I got to play, it was," the Master of Faster answered, the sweat dripping down his hair evaporating into the cold, dry air. "I'm planning on going back afterward, though; it's all part of the same giant building." Josh led the way around the corner to the dining area capable of seating hundreds. There were mini-restaurants and fast food places all around its perimeter, much like the food court of a giant mall.

Josh laughed when Andrea brought up arcade policies. "I'm sure it's because of the expensive equipment. You know each of those cabinets costs thousands of PD, right? Some of them tens of thousands. And with all the sensitive circuitry in there..."

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,658 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 11:45:16 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Gym Leader’s explanation of how expensive most of the equipment in that arcade was elicited a pout from the Fuecoco cosplayer. “Money is stupid!” She proclaimed, despite wearing a piece of clothing that also cost tens of thousands of dollars. Just because she indulged in some necessary capitalism did not mean she condoned it.

Upon arriving at the nearby food court, Andrea got choice paralysis from all the different options. “Oooh, how about we try that Unovan steakhouse? Or maybe that Alto Marean restaurant? Mmmm pasta~!” The young woman said, her mouth watering with every sentence.

Eventually, her eyes were drawn to the large, shining logo of a jolly, middle-aged man with a handlebar mustache. “Oh my Arceus! It’s Bob’s Your Uncle! I’ve always wanted to eat at a Bob’s Your Uncle!”

Ah yes, the Galarian fast food chain renowned for their substitute Combusken meat. It was finger-licking good!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 20:58:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Like it or not, it's what makes the world go around," Josh added, leaving the discussion there. In his eyes, it wasn't money itself that was stupid. It was the love of money. After all, the Great One's Scriptures stated that the love of money is the root of all evil.

There were an abundance of good choices in the food court, though Andrea seemed in the mood for some delicious poultry. "I'd be down for that. Ash Wednesday's not far off, after all. It's one of the reasons I wanted to go sooner than later." If Andrea didn't know how religious Josh and his family was before, she would certainly know now.

There was a line, but not too long of a line; within ten minutes, the duo would have their delicious food. Poultry fingers, barbecue sauce, and cornbread, mmm mmm mmm!

{PC: 8}