5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 23:57:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's the operations center," Josh answered. "It's where our tech crew works during challenge hours. Making sure the scoreboards are running, the platforms for the battle court rise and fall, and the like. Think of them like stage managers at a theater." It also controlled things such as electrical routing, but he couldn't tell that to just anyone. Blackjack ( ) taught him that once.

Josh's smile grew, picking up on Lutgarde's enthusiasm. He was getting them hooked, and her interest in the courses below as their elevation rose made his emotions rise to a fever pitch. "They are; this place is my baby. My pride. A lot of the courses overlap in clever ways, but in total there are six sectors with four courses each. The harder courses, like the Dragon Slope above us," he pointed to the dizzying-looking aerial course, "are reserved for challengers who already possess many Badges."

Were Lutgarde to rein Pinky toward the top of the foothills, where the building was located, they would get quite the view of the facility -- and one wild and fast ride when they headed back downhill.

{PC: 8}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present.
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 11:00:32 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde nods at the explanation, ah, this definitely is in line with why it's called the Operations Centre. They are always interested in what makes the heart beat, but their curiosity is quickly drawn to the, admittedly, even more interesting racing courses. "So ..." There follows a long pause in which they also start motioning for Pinky to slow down towards the top of the hilly region, so they could have a better look around. "Twenty-four courses in total? Did you design them all yourself?" Lutgarde eventually speaks up again after having figured out the maths after that speedy ride.

You gotta give your braincells time to catch up!

"Well, gotta train hard - I bet Sylph'd love to try that Dragon Slope once. She's, somehow, learned Dragon Hammer during the New Year's celebrations," Lutgarde grins as they'd come to a halt, now also realising that they're feeling a bit breathless. Taking deep breaths, they look around the sectors in detail, curious. "Generally, I'll definitely stop by some more times. Also think some other ride pokémon for myself ... eventually."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 5:05:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even at high speed, Lutgarde could do quick math. Impressive! What a bright, nimble-minded Ranger she was. "Can't take credit for them all, sadly. Ordeal was designed by ; face-lifted it from Fortree Gym. Face-lifted a few others from Johto and Sinnoh. Roughly half of them are my original designs, though. Took quite a bit of time, and a few more Mauville taxpayer PD than I'd like, but the payoff's worth it. I love having something to challenge riders of all skill levels. And of course, if racing isn't your forte, you can always brawl with me for the Badge."

Lutgarde seemed adventurous, too. "I try to pick a course that will showcase both the strengths and the weaknesses of challengers' Pokémon. You can, of course, request a course above your level if you want. I'd love to race Sylph with Mastema, my own Togekiss, when you're ready. And for challengers that have a ride Pokémon I don't own, I've got Gogo, my Ditto. That way it's a truly even match!"

It seemed like their time together would be winding down, what with Lutgarde having turned toward the city proper again. "Unusual, but not unheard of. Shalin, Rustboro's Captain, has a Beedrill with a deadly Dragon Hammer, too." He began to lead the way back to the Gym's office building. "You need a hand with them, let me know. I've got a good tanner rec for you if you're interested."

{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 21:35:21 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"We'll think about how to tackle you," Lutgarde grins, patting Sylv briefly while they're at it. There'd be some training to be done before, and ... they might need to figure out what Sylv wants to do. He's been support for most of his time, but they wonder if he might actually want to go into the offensive a little bit more, ever since the tournament. It's a topic they haven't breached yet, but in time - in time.

"Oh, I bet Sylph would love to race against another Togekiss," they laugh. She's never too close, but also never too far - Lutgarde can imagine that she's caught up to them now that they've slowed down, but she isn't nowhere to be seen. "She likes being around others of her kin, makes her more comfortable I think. But that Ditto really got to have some adaptability, huh? Can't be easy switching between all that."

"Oh, Shalin? Very cool," they grin. "And thanks, I'll let you know!" Lutgarde turns to follow Josh back the now more familiar area, even if it's too vast to know for sure after just one ride around. "Think I ought to head back soon, work's calling. But, I gotta see Blinky at fullspeed before I leave for today," they grin.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,952 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 20:41:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's part of the species," Josh mused in response, trying to remember the last time he had to use Gogo for a challenge. With how large his menagerie was growing, he had most mountable species covered. "Honestly, it's harder on me. Getting used to a Pokémon I've never been on before is tough. Flying on, say, a Heracross, is... an experience."

The smile on Lutgarde's face indicated it was showtime. Stopping in front of the SPLIT OVAL course, the course used to teach beginning riders, the young man leaned as low as he could on his Jolteon before squeezing the electric Eeveelution's sides. The swift Pokémon bolted forward, sparks flying from the bottom of each of her paws. It took under thirty seconds for the Pokémon to make a single lap around the track, which put the creature's speed at well above that of what any car could be driven at legally. "Now, QUICK ATTACK!" Josh ordered.

For a few seconds, the Jolteon's legs disappeared into a yellow blur, a long dust trail forming behind them as rider and mount sped around the course one more time. Lutgarde may have been able to feel the intense wake of disturbed air as they whizzed past. The Jolteon took more time to slow down than to get up to speed, but eventually slid to a stop next to them. "With enough practice, one day, that could be you that gets to go that fast!" he teased.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 21:24:39 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
It shouldn't be as much of a surprise to hear flying on a Heracross, but it is, quickly followed by a laugh after a moment of stunnedness. "True that, actually. Maybe I should find some outlandish ride and see how you'll fare, too," Lutgarde grins with a playful tease, laughing. They would have to dig really deep, however, to actually find something like that. And then also train to ride it themself ...

Lutgarde and Sylv watch with anticipation as Josh and Blinky, and then ... A lap around it takes less time than they could hold their breath for, so they might have reasonably forgotten to breathe. They aren't sure if the faint dizziness comes from that or the sheer speed, imagining to be in the saddle themself ... yeah, that would need some getting used to, but ... they were looking forward to it.

"Damn, that was incredible," they say, impressed. "I'm looking forward to reaching that speed ... at a steady pace," they laugh. They can't help but feel excitement mixed with mellowness - their younger self would be shocked at the amount of moderation they display here and now. They promise to stop by soon - and with an appointment this time! - before exchanging goodbyes and walking outside the gym.

It really doesn't take long until a mission comes in, and they hurry onward.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
rapid beats
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 22:36:57 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: