5,987 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
"The Forest for the Trees" [Wild Duo]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 2:29:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Relieved to find Zachary's missing Pokémon, Josh took his hand off the reins just long enough to give his partner a high-five. Only there was an angry Leafeon watching over them. Figuring the aggressive-looking Linoone wouldn't help much, the Gym Leader withdrew the normal-type for Medli, a Meganium whose pink flower radiated a SWEET SCENT. Though she was near Josh, he would not occupy the grass Pokémon's saddle. "I'll see if I can handle it myself." Instead, they both approached the Leafeon steadily and with great calm.

Once he was close enough to the Leafeon, Josh spoke to it after taking a vulnerable stance. "We are sorry. We did not intend to intrude upon your side of the forest," he apologized to the Eeveelution of great size. "All we ask in return for our swift departure is you return the young man's Pokémon. Do this for us, and we will leave you and your neck of the woods in peace." If the Leafeon was unhappy and wanted to attack Josh, it could, with no way for the Champion to defend himself fast enough for it to matter.

passing!

{PC: 11}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Aleph           Type: Null        Good
Screech         Linoone           Good
Fire Eyes       Salazzle          Good
Voja            Mightyena         Good
Medli           Meganium          Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 3:40:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXEGGUTOR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BARRAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MASQUERAIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNNERVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUIVER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STICKY WEB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 13:23:22 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zachary1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The presence of more pokemon now were drawn to the confrontation-- an Exeggcutor of all things to, as Leafeon snarled at them. Despite Josh's well words, she did hesitate but she still bared her fangs, more so at Zachary for how he reacted to Rabsca and Swadloon. The shiver of fear was still on Zachary. It was clear now how much Zachary's fears of bugs showed and how it ruled over him. It hurt others feelings, and that was wrong. [break][break] It was probably no different for Leafeon-- who had been hurt by humans, why wouldn't she be afraid of them. [break][break] Zachary closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He took a step forward, dropping any thought of hostility or fear in his head. As long as another bug didn't crawl up his back like before, he should be okay. "Leafeon, I'm sorry... Zachary said. As he spoke, Happy, Rabsca got closer too. They wanted to go back to Zachary. Still Leafeon wasn't so trusting. [break][break] "I get it. You were protecting the Pokemon here. Caring for them, especially from humans who would use them for all the wrong reasons or hurt them. You hate humans and I can't blame you. Not after what your trainer did to you. But not all humans are monsters. The fact I'm scare of bug Pokemon I am ashamed of, but I rather DIE than hurt any of my pokemon. I couldn't live with myself if I hurt them in any way." he explained, a tear falling from his eye. [break][break] Leafeon now was hesitating, the animosity in her eyes now faded to a more calmer look. She would glance down, soon to see the Pokemon she was caring for. [break][break] Happy and Rabsca gave happy chirps, Happy more so trying to explain to Leafeon what a nice person Zachary was and how well he had treated him. Rabsca wanted to be with Zachary-- despite his fear of him, to grow and be closer to him for mysterious reasons. [break][break] As they finally talked down, the Spriggatito also emerged from the woods-- brushing Zachary's leg with its head as it showed it had bonded well with Zachary too. Dizzy too was there, loyalty close to Zachary and showing how much the fox pokemon respected him. [break][break] Leafeon lowered her head in doubt, perhaps realizing her own fear was unfounded. [break][break] "Leafeon, I swear to you. I'm not a bad trainer. Please give me back my friends. And if you let me, I swear to you I will be a better trainer than I already am. To you too, and anyone here who wanted to be. All I want is the chance to help all of them grow up strong, and accept them for who they are." he explained. "Please don't take my friends away." [break][break] Leafeon paused, realizing how wrong she was. There was something sincere in Zachary, that related to her too and now , she realized how overprotective she was. After a long pause of thought, Leafeon gave a soft coo-- and soon sat down where she stood like a patient jungle cat. [break][break] With her calmed down, Happy and Rabsca made their way over to Zachary. Happy rushed to Zachary and gave his leg a big hug, happy to see him again. Rabsca did his "Rabsca" thing, floating and making odd sounds as he turned the globe above its head. Lastly though, surprising-- Swadloon also made her way over to Zachary, playing a little tune with her Grass Whistle. [break][break] Many of the Pokemon soon began to gather around, almost as if to greet Zachary, curious by him. Apparantly, Happy must of boasted what a good trainer he was. [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Wild Duo start with Josh [break]
Catching Exeggcutor via friendship [break]
Leafeon released Happy, Rabsca, and Swadloon.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]--accent:#1f8999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,987 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 21:33:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Watching what transpired between Zachary and the Leafeon, Josh was happy to see the blue-haired trainer reunited with his team. He was equally impressed that Zachary had befriended such an angry Leafeon so easily. "Zachary, you're amazing with wild Pokémon," Josh admitted. "Better than me, even. You would be perfect as a Ranger. If you can calm down a Pokémon like that, you can solve so many of Hoenn's problems that affect her citizens' lives. Chasing away wild Pokémon causing a roadblock, calming down a Pokémon on the rampage in a city... there's so much you can do. Give it some thought, at least."

Before long, Fortree City would be on the horizon, its treetop level recognizable even from a distance. "Looks like we're just about there. I'm sure the Pokémon Center's gonna be busy." Now that the Leafeon was calm, Josh climbed onto Medli's back, ready to trot and eventually run alongside Voja to get the two to the forest municipality a bit faster. "You into Unovan cuisine at all?"

passing!

{PC: 12}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Aleph           Type: Null        Good
Screech         Linoone           Good
Fire Eyes       Salazzle          Good
Voja            Mightyena         Good
Medli           Meganium          Good
close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 14:44:04 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zachary1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The tension in the beautiful grove softly faded away like mist in the morning. Leafeon saw all the pokemon gathering around Zachary, clearly at ease in his presence. Especially how Happy the Mime Jr and Swadloon hugged close to his legs. THough Zachary still struggled with his fears of bugs, he still welcomed Swadloon's kind greeting. [break][break] Feeling more trusting to the trainer, Leafeon approached. At first Zachary looked, a bit worried by her approach. He held an open palm up, not offering anything but keeping a hand there. Leafeon looked into it, and soon oddly, licked his hand, as if to show a sign of trust. She then moved closer, offering him the option to pet her. [break][break] The poor Leafeon had longed for true company that was denied her, even though she dedicated everything to protecting the pokemon around her. [break][break] Zachary chuckled as he petted the Leafeon, finding her 'grassy fur' oddly soft and fiberous, trying hard to not hurt her as he scratched below the surface to find its skin and gently knead the space around its neck. [break][break] As Josh finally spoke up, impressed, he made an odd suggestion. Become a Pokemon Ranger. "Huh? Me?!" Zachary said, in odd belief. He looked to his Pokemon, along with the new ones that he had befriended-- the Spriggatito, Swadloon, Exeggcutor and even the Leafeon. His affinity to want to be friends with Pokemon did him credit to such a position. Still, it was something he never considered. "I never gave that much thought. I mean, becoming a Gym Leader was what I really wanted to do. I don't wanna give up on that dream, but... " he gave it some thought. He looked to the grove, and vibrant life that grew there. Many Pokemon called it home, especially with the beautiful stream that ran through it. [break][break] "I mean, can I be both? Being a Pokemon Ranger is a great idea. It be a wonderful job, but I still want to be a Gym Leader, work my way in the league-- become a better trainer all together. Can I even do all that if I pick one? " he asked. [break][break] But to the point, Zachary looked as Josh was rearing to go. The guy never really stopped, did he? However, he looked to the grove. Leafeon was tamed now, but she had been a protector of this place. To take her away from it wouldn't be smart, let alone for any of the other Pokemon who called it home. [break][break] Then an idea crossed his mind. "You know... I been trying to find a place for a Berry farm. This place is rich with soil, water, sunlight-- why not here?" Zachary said as he stepped into the grove, looking at the rich sunlight that came through the opening. [break][break] "Yeah... Leafeon, this is perfect. If you come with me, we can always come back and protect the grove. I can grow my berries here, and we can come here frequently to keep the Pokemon around here safe too. It's... a good deal, don't you think? Would you be okay with that? he explained trying to reason more with both Josh and Leafeon. The leafeon paused, looking at the growing berries in the trees around them. The promise to return and the promise to be treated and protected well by a human who meant it, seemed like a good idea. [break][break] The Leafeon soon gave a happy chirp and smiled with closed eyes. [break][break] Zachary smiled, glad that he could do it. T his place would be perfect for berries. [break][break] At Josh's suggestion, Zachary honestly gave an answer. "Um... well, honestly I never had any." he admitted. All the while Dizzy gave a bark at the promise of food, and Spriggatito gave a loud meow for the demand of food as well. [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Wild Duo start with Josh [break]
XXX [break]
Leafeon released Happy, Rabsca, and Swadloon.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]--accent:#1f8999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 1:12:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]ZACHARY CAUGHT THE EXEGGUTOR!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BARRAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!