5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 4:58:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had closed Mauville Gym early that day, having invited to a field test at the Racing Grounds. It was perhaps the only place in Mauville City where a Pokémon could Dynamax without being a health hazard to its elderly population. Despite hearing reassurances the Dynamax phenomenon was safe, Josh was still concerned. His Pokémon were already anomalies in terms of size. How much stress would Dynamax put on their bodies already stretched to the species' limits?

Wearing his Dynamax Band near his left wrist, the Gym Leader roamed near the Racing Grounds' Main Sector, holding the reins of Raikiri the Zeraora. Next to him was Crash the Boltund. Occupying the electric dog's saddle was a second Zeraora, the white-furred Pokémon moving more like the mythical species was expected to. The contrast between the quadrupedal and bipedal Pokémon of the same species may have grabbed the Lilycove Gym Leader's attention when he would inevitably arrive outside the property's east gate; if were to go to the main entrance, he would find the doors locked.

{PC: 1}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present somewhere on the Gym grounds.
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 17:50:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango lam"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

Despite his enthusiasm to study dynergy in action, and its effects on the process of dynamaxing, Lam hadn't managed to acquire a band of his own. Saving up his spare funds for the cost of a sygna suit had taken precedence, and it wasn't as if the bands were all that cheap, either. SO in that case, he had to seize whatever opportunities he could to study it in action. Which he'd done during Vital City, despite the short, quick nature of the matches.[break][break]
Today, it was at the Mauville racing grounds.[break][break]
Admittedly, he was curious - Josh hadn't been quiet in his reservations about utilizing the phenomena in prior talks among the gym leaders. Even if he'd ultimately, reluctantly relented to the potential of using the spot here in Mauville. Lam circled the grounds from above, and touched down on the east side only once he'd spotted the other gym leader. The wings of his golden pidgeot rustled as Lam slid off of Hermes' back. "Ya sure don't see that everyday!" he called out cheerfully by way of greeting, brows raising as he eyed the second zeraora astride the canine pokemon.

[break][break]
// dynamax testing[break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".lam"] --accent:#83B130!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 22:25:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had yet to see Hermes. That Pidgeot looked fast. Maybe one of these days, when they were traveling together, they could have an impromptu race. "Wow, sick ride you've got there!" he complimented his fellow Gym Leader. "Managed to procure Pidgeotite for them?" The Shiny Zeraora waved toward Lam and sounded a reverberating purr. What power in his voice alone!

He glanced at his Dynamax Band before turning his gaze back to Lam. "But that's not why we're here. You wanted to talk about the Power Spot in New Mauville, right? This is something I've... kept to myself. It's not as serious as with Uxie, but... there's a serious problem with Dynamax."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:08:27 GMT
lam logan Avatar
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

At the praise, the pidgeot's head rose with a coo, and his chest puffed. Clearly, he was a proud bird who took great care to work hard. "Thanks," Lam replied, much more easygoing. "And yep! Hermes is a beaut when he's mega evolved." The royal purple trail of feathers really accented the gold. Turning, Lam waved back to the zeraora with a laugh.[break][break]
He was quick to grow a touch more somber in turn with Josh's tone, though. "Yeah- I was hoping to study it and see what it was like, compared to the one that appeared in Lilycove." Lam frowned at the mention of something unspoken. His brows creased together as he looked at Josh with a flicker of concern. "What is it?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 3:57:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Lam wasn't kidding. Josh had been searching high and low for Pidgeotite, Mega Evolution providing an incredible speed boost. There were aerial races on the schedule for 2024, and having an enormous, Mega Evolved bird would let him do well in the time trials. Though a little hard to control at speed, Pazuzu could zoom as he was. Mega Evolved... don't soil your pants, Josh!

The health concern was a really bad one. "So you know the Regi Ruins in New Mauville? Well, there's a Power Spot under there, too. All on their own, two Toxtricity Dynamaxed, putting me in a fight for my life. Once I had taken one of them down, my team... overwhelmed, Rime, my Alolan Ninetales, Dynamaxed on her own. I've never seen anything like it before. Max moves are no joke." If Lam took a close look under Josh's visor, he would be able to see scarring from the Max moves he and had to endure. "When the battle was over, Rime's..." he sniffled. "Rime's heart burst. The Toxtricity, too. All three of them died."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 2:45:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

While Lam hadn’t registered Hermes for any official races, he was definitely considering it. With his agility heightened by mega evolution, Lam had had his work cut out for him in adjusting to the vertigo.[break][break]
It was a topic for another time, though. There were more pressing matters to be dealt with.[break][break]
Lam frowned, then nodded. “Yeah, but I’ve not been out there. You don’t say, though–when did it show up?” He was almost keen to ask if they could go take a look at it, but he kept quiet as Josh’s account took a bad turn. “That’s awful, I’m sorry about Rime. and I experienced something similar in the Deep Sea.”[break][break]
He let out a slow breath. “His darumaka couldn’t handle the change, but the spot in the Deep Sea was way more powerful than the one that’s in Lilycove–nothing will even successfully dynamax there without the right equipment.” The power was nowhere near strong enough without something to channel and control it.[break][break]
“But my assumption had been that it was the unstable nature of the Deep Sea itself that caused that result.” If that had happened at New Mauville too, though…well that changed his theory.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Dynergy, Schmynergy
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 3:47:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"End of December," Josh reported, "not long after my family flew into Mauville and started living here. That's when the whole thing happened. It's dangerous down there, too. All kinds of Pokémon you'll find by ruins are out there. Runerigus and the like." Antsy to get going, Zaborg yanked on Saber's reins, the Manectric rearing and about-facing. The Shiny Zeraora was ready to zoom. Josh had other plans, though.

"So you're not the only ones..." he trailed off as Zaborg and Saber zipped away in a blur of yellow and white, the Zeraora letting go of Saber's reins long enough to strike an imaginary target with a ride-by flurry of PLASMA FISTS. "So you're saying some Power Spots are so strong that Pokémon will dynamax on their own? Without a Dynamax Band to regulate the Dynergy... this makes sense. If my suspicions are right, then..." He flashed his band toward Lam, gesturing toward the gym's main battle court. "I feel a lot less apprehensive now. Up for a quick spar?"

{PC: 4}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights