She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
484 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
GC EXCRUSION B: RJ
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 20:08:17 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Research Station Bravo was surrounded with a suspicious silence. Robin felt a tinge of paranoia crawl up her spine. "Usually, the chasm is louder than this." She had had her fair share of trips already. The chaos had been familiar. This, though... the inactivity felt foreboding. "I feel like something's gonna jump out at us." Sinistea chimed pleasantly by her side to comfort her.

Robin didn't want to bring a whole pokemon team out in the chasm because additional ruckus could cause a seismic episode. Things would be fine, she told herself. "Station looks OK, at least." No alarms were sounding off, so at least the equipment was undisturbed.

[break]ZHCCrI9I
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 2:01:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was so quiet that Josh could hear the sound of Tyrfing's thrusters at idle. The Terrakion look-alike was surprisingly calm, the Gym Leader hunched over on his back. They looked ready to spring into action at any moment, alongside an anxious-looking Aleph. The Terastal Caverns, and the utopic cliffside landscape above, were the only two places in Hoenn where the paradox Pokémon was tame enough to be ridden. Outside the place, the Iron Boulder was a totally different personality; he would risk meeting an untimely demise from being bucked into a glowing Sacred Sword.

Sigmund was present, though inside the research station; he had volunteered the Sacred Sword for some study there. "For now," Josh interjected. "Figured we could catch up while keeping watch; what you been up to of late? These two have been a handful."

_kvILxJt Aleph obedience roll

Event roll

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Aleph           Type: Null        Sleep
Sigmund         Iron Crown        Good
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Good
Torvie          Swampert          Good
Wiley           Furret            Good
Valoo           Drampa            Good
·
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
484 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 23:33:59 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She hummed thoughtfully at his question. What had she been up to? "I was super sick. took care of me because I could hardly see straight. I don't get sick very often, so that was a little humbling..." She rubbed the back of her head, vaguely remembering her feverish mumblings. Her instinct when she'd gotten sick had been to hole up somewhere rather than hit a hospital or call home.

"Oh! I met . We did a combat drill. Her Iron Leaves is no joke." Gengar hadn't stood a chance. Robin looked at Josh's paradox pokemon. "It looks like you've been cozying up to some paradox pokemon of your own. Aren't they super unpredictable?"

[break]kaq3OXqi
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 2:20:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Though Josh had been hospitalized, he hadn't been truly sick since he got to Hoenn. "After Dewford, I was stuck in the hospital for a few weeks. I've got a whole cup of bloodstained Bullet Seeds to keep myself from forgetting that hell." It was on his desk on the third floor of his Gym, the only haunting memory amongst the large room's lavish collection of Raikou memorabilia. Sitting on the Ride-On Raikou stuffie in the corner of that office was one of his best ways to destress. Losing himself in the fantasy of being the Cavalier. The Knight of Thunder.

It was once a dream he wanted to live above all else. With every passing battle, he questioned if it would be worth the tremendous burden. With every passing battle, the answer slowly inched toward "no".

Josh was a bit confused at the namedrop. "What's an Iron Leaves?" he asked. Were there even official, League-approved names for the paradox Pokémon yet? If there were were, he didn't know them. It was a good thing he gave every single one of his Pokémon names of their own!

Suddenly, Josh felt Tyrfing's hold on him disappear, the rock-type hurling him off. "What gives--" Only a split second later, the Sword of Justice found himself locked in a skirmish with Aleph the Type: Null, the two of them going at it with their claws and hooves. Noisily, at that.

gwKg|Wi3 Aleph obedience roll

Event roll

{PC: 2}

Aleph           Type: Null        Good
·
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
484 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 4:34:29 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin was certainly happy to have not been hospitalized in her case. "Bullet seeds..." She shivered at the thought. Then, she considered his question. "It's like, green and robot-y and looks like --" She gestured with her hands to express the shape of its antler-y head. "A deer kinda thing. It uses Psyblade. At least hers did. And that thing hits hard." She lost that fight rather quickly.

She jerked backward at the sound of Josh's pokemon fighting, but the fight was soon the least of their problems. A blue quadrupedal pokemon approached, looking like nothing she'd seen before. "Uh-oh. We got a bogey approaching the research station." Sinistea clinked as she darted forward to hit the walking wake with shadow ball.

[break]CXVpp4r_
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 4:30:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Robin's description jostled Josh's memory: when the futuristic Sacred Swords charged him the day Keldeo appeared, it was the one Josh wanted. Even if it wasn't the real Sacred Sword, sitting in the saddle of a Pokémon that mostly looked and moved like Virizion would at last separate the final good memory he had with . Instead, he was stuck with both the other two, though it was not a bad thing. He had discovered Tyrfing, the Terrakion counterpart, was incredibly fast. "So that's what they're called? I hadn't heard an official name come down from the League yet."

The cry of the Pokémon now before the duo was quite distinct, even though its form was not. "It's... Suicune, the Johtonian god of winds! Hold your fire, Robin!" First Raikou, and now Suicune? He thought Suicune had chosen his friend . Was there more than one roaming Hoenn?

The Gym Leader bowed out of respect for the Walking Wake he mistook for one of the gods of his homeland. "O great Beast of Winds, we do not intend to harm you. We ask you stay your anger against those inside the building over--" He was cut off as the Walking Wake pounced him in a blistering fast AQUA JET. Hearing their trainer's cry, the paradox Terrakion and Type: Null zipped toward the commotion to defend Josh.

eYZx1XP8 Aleph obedience roll

Event roll

{PC: 3}

·
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
484 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 17:23:50 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin shrugged. "Heard a higher ranking Ranger call it that. I would've named it Iron Arrow because of the shape of its head." She was taken aback by Josh's strategy. She had never seen someone appeal to a pokemon like that before, but she had also never encountered a god. Wait... was it a god? Hadn't she encountered two of these with Sasky?

Hesitantly, she started, "I don't think-" but the violence cut her off. Sinsistea spewed aromatic mist to increase the defense of Josh's pokemon. She tossed out her Toxtricity, shrouded in shadow. "Get that thing off of him!" Toxtricity made some sort of rock n roll gesture before charging into the ruckus, getting close to properly land a poison jab on the attacking pokemon instead of Josh. The close quarters made it easy for the walking wake to toss Toxtricity aside and into a rock wall. Robin flinched sympathetically and reached behind to pull her backpack in front of her.

"I have some heal spray!" She shouted to Josh, feeling apprehensive about getting close to him while his own pokemon were about to attack the walking wake. Getting in the middle of a pokemon battle was a surefire way to end up in the hospital.

[break]kB3_wYbz
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 19:21:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh would mentally note the name, though he would not use it in an official capacity until the League named the species. It seemed to be rare and powerful, like a legendary Pokémon was. He felt that power every time he sat astride Tyrfing, the speed of his Quick Attack equals with Raikou's.

There would be no time to discuss semantics; there was an angry wind god on top of Josh, belching SCALDING water all over him and leaving his face with painful burns that would require an outpatient visit to treat. Thankfully the League provided Hoennian Gym Leaders with fantastic health insurance. While it wasn't complete insurance like members of AQUA received, it would cover such an injury almost completely; he would only be out of pocket a tiny amount.

The POISON JAB caused the Walking Wake to reel long enough for Josh to stand, his head still thumping from the deluge of burning water washing over him. The aquatic raptor was just as fast as a Suicune, too, his speed-trained eyes barely able to keep up. He withdrew the rock-type as quickly as he could, calling on Sigmund's help instead. "Suicune, stop! We don't want to hurt you!" Josh continued, the Iron Crown and Type: Null defending their trainer with SACRED SWORD and CRUSH CLAW at the ready.

6l66MUxu Aleph obedience roll

Event roll

{PC: 4}

·
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
484 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 22:47:49 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"We need to stop engaging with it! You're badly hurt." Robin pleaded. But Josh was not running for the hills despite his burns. "Stop it!" Toxtricity took it upon himself to take that order very literally, using boom burst to generate excruciating noise that echoed throughout the chasm immediately.

It's great for disorienting pokemon, but the chasm is not secure enough for it.

The rumblings continue even after he finishes, and it's clear that there's going to be a major rockfall. "We're leaving, now!" She whistled to bring Sinistea and Toxtricity close to herself as she scrambled away from a falling stalactite. She checked her rotom phone for service, trying to alert the Rangers outside that Josh needed urgent care.

[break]txZHvo3l
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 4:40:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Tyrfing and Aleph bravely stepped in front of the Walking Wake, taking the brunt of the follow-up HYDRO STEAM and letting Josh crawl away. Thankfully, his legs were mostly unharmed, so he could at the very least stand. Only able to see out of one eye due to the steam and blisters surrounding the other, Josh reached for Valoo's Poké Ball, the fastest Drampa in Hoenn spiraling out of it and picking Josh up.

The Gym Leader ordered the dragon-type to shatter the station's window with a DRAGON PULSE, letting Josh get close enough to withdraw Sigmund from the outside. "GET OUT, NOW! FLY AWAY!" Josh screamed into the building, the panicked scientists leaving all but their most important notes behind. Leaving through the large main entrance, they took to the skies on the backs of various flying Pokémon.

By the time they were all safe, Tyrfing had fallen to the HYDRO STEAM, and Aleph was badly burned. Scooping his other Pokémon up into their Poké Balls, he shouted "Coming!" back to Robin. The Walking Wake leaped after the fleeing crowd, belching FLAMETHROWER in their direction.

Wait, Flamethrower? Since when Could Suicune learn Flamethrower?

eljjC9N7 Aleph obedience roll

Event roll

{PC: 5}

Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      KO
·
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 9:25:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: