March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
MECHANICAL KINGDOM: SLA
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 15:21:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]MECHANICAL KINGDOM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

LITTLEROOT[break]↻ MECHANICAL KINGDOM

WHETHER IT WAS DISPLACED BENEATH LITTLEROOT DUE TO DIMENSIONAL ENTANGLEMENT, BROUGHT BACK TO FUNCTIONING ORDER DUE TO DIALGA, OR BOTH, can not be determined. However, this kingdom made entirely out of intricate mechanisms is void of human life. Clockwork gears, iron tunnels, and curious domes make up this kingdom that continues to function like an animatronic music box.[break][break]

Mechanical Pokemon like Magearna, Volcanion and others present in the kingdom seem to be robotic, set to a rhythm or programming like an animatronic figure.[break][break]

Several clock towers loom above the entire kingdom, though their machinery seems to be in disrepair.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 01 engage or flee soulless volcanion guards.
  • 03 spot a zygarde cell that flees, leading your character into a sticky situation.
  • 11 involve a race against time in some way. 
  • 13 battle, flee or become captured by a massive mechanical corviknight that continually hunts you to cage in the castle.
  • 16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. underground tunnels, outskirts, abandoned homes).
  • 🗺️ utilize a phione in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ 's apprehension toward the unnatural must be explored in some way.
  • 🗺️ 's skills as a pathfinder must be explored in some way.
  • 🗺️ 's competitiveness must be highlighted in some way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT:  will be able to encounter a VOLCANION that can speak. This is the same Volcanion that destroyed a humanmade tower and encountered Alexei Ivanov in an underwater cavern. You must win its trust in some way, for it is wary of humans due to an unknown reason, but perhaps related to the events that have transpired in this kingdom a long time ago.[break][break]

It guards several SOUL-HEARTS that it is attempting to repair. It will manage to repair one Soul-Hearts by chance as it transfers some of its INFINITY ENERGY to it, shortening the Volcanion's life. The Volcanion is doing this in an attempt to find the MAGEARNA it had sworn to protect a long time ago, believing itself to be the last surviving "knight" of the royal guard.[break][break]

Bringing one SOULLESS MAGEARNA to the Volcanion will allow your character to open a hatch on the Magearna's chest to install the Soul-Heart in order to grant it "life", which then can be captured.[break][break]Instead of a MAGEARNA, you may encounter and catch a STAKATAKA that has managed to displace itself here. Whether it is here from Hoenn or another location in ULTRA SPACE is unknown.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 12:17:45 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde and their Sylveon Sylv's steps are careful, with their Togekiss Sylph (and also their Impidimp Zylf) in their pokéballs still. The atmosphere here is ... odd, to say the least, but ... they don't think it's particularly bad, even if it remains eerie. "Have you been here before?" they ask Shalin. They've gotten the note to rescue someone, but Lutgarde relies on the Captain for more information regarding what to do. "It's like an entirely different world here ... or well, I suppose it is, in a way?" It doesn't even feel particularly like an actually alive thing, but they believe it is, still - or isn't it? It's an odd feeling, as they look at a kingdom that might as well be ... a music box.

Their eyes scan their surroundings with an uncharacteristic calm, calculating look. They've only been in Hoenn for a few months, heck, barely even a quarter of a year, but they already feel its constant battles seeping into them. Nonetheless, they try to keep a casual and easy-going attitude - there's no use in stiffening up too much.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 18:22:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Treble's massage-like vibration could only do so much to calm Shalin's nerves in the lifeless, artificial realm beneath Littleroot, the treble of the Kommo-o's lightly clanging scales a complement to the bass of Sandy the Flygon's wings. It may have been that pleasant harmony that kept and going.

It took quite a bit of time for Shalin to even respond. "I... have," the Captain answered, her voice slightly distorted from her mount lightly shaking her. "I've been through almost all of the rifts in Hoenn. The world beyond each one is... completely different, and many of them operate by different rules than Universe 820's Hoenn. Sometimes I wonder if these worlds are from a universe other than 820." That might have gone over both their heads. Whoops.

All of a sudden, Lathiel began making sounds halfway between a meow and a bark. "I think she's found something inside that abandoned church." Were the trio to follow the Type: Null, they would find a ruined congregation room with an organ. Were they to attempt to play it, they would find that only the lower half of its keys played any sound. If they needed to take shelter, the pews behind the organ were still intact, giving them an uncomfortable, but safe, place to nap.

16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. underground tunnels, outskirts, abandoned homes).

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Midori        Iron Leaves    Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Kiku          Skuntank       Good
Firja         Glastrier      Good
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 13:00:24 GMT
Aubre McKenna-Settentrione Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Again, her hope is crushed between this realm’s ever-spinning gears. The doors she’d pulled open—separating her from Dylan—are now resolutely closed. No matter what her Pokemon do, there’s no way to budge them. [break][break]

But, this time, she is not left alone. A grating voice comes from the darkness. In it, a fire type speaks of the history of this place. His front legs are missing, ending in steel wires. “Come…closer…” It wheezes at her. When it laughs, the noise is ghastly and thin. There is fear for some time. But it is soon obvious it lacks the energy to attack. And, in such a lonely realm, some company is better than none.

[break][break]
The pair speak for some time. Three times the creatures come to beat at the door. “I…I failed her….please…be her knight….” The grating voice is full of sorrow.
[break][break]

How long had he been left to molder here? A relic of a war long gone. “I am not much of a knight, I’m afraid.” A gentle hand lays against the creature’s dented forehead. Beneath her hands, the metal is already cooling. “But I will pass along the message.” Even if she could not find the princess he spoke of, Aubre wished to bring him some kind of peace.
[break][break]

She’s seen that look in her practice 100 times before. It’s looking for permission, an order for a faithful soldier to stand down. “It’s all right.”
[break][break]

Its body quivers as it exhales. A spiritual tendril unfurls from its mouth as it wraps around a nearby orb. The ball begins to glow—fitting easily in her bag. A few water guns from Serena serve to light the steam engine Pokemon’s fires. In doing so, it passes its last few moments in warmth.
[break][break]

Once the heat dies down, she begins to explore the tunnels that surround their alcove. The ground turns from dark soil to grass as the path begins to climb. When she emerges, it is in some sort of church. The sun is blinding after so long in darkness. So, when she spots movement, her initial reaction is to startle. “!?” Her Heliolisk begins to spark as her Swampert summons the early tremors of an Earthquake beneath it.
[break][break]

The altar is wide open behind her. The path she emerged from now was a dark void in a room of shattered glass and church pews. The light inside is blinding. “Wait—” The redhead manages to croak out as she recognizes these are people in front of her. The spots begin to clear from their eyes. A gasp emerges as she recognizes Shalin.
[break][break]
"Miss Nariya! Are you trapped here too?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Let's see how her hope goes

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]--accent:#5AC575;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 i"]color: #72CD89;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 13:45:57 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde nods. There's a curiosity to these worlds, and they would like to see more of them, mayhaps ... but they also feel a calling to this one in particular, and wonder why. However, this also is thrown out of their mind as they focus on one term that they can't recall. "What is ... Universe 820 again?"

They did read up on the information supplied by the rangers. They did also not have the greatest memory for things they couldn't see.

And so their mind wanders back to the things they could see, as they try to design a mental map of this place. The most they were focusing on are any kinds of exits, paths that seem safe and they could take in a pinch. As ... peaceful it feels to them, with the whirring of gears in perpetual motion, there is an underlying danger to this place that they wouldn't want to shake.

They did not expect to find someone in the church, and it seems like the other also has not expected them - but Shalin knows her, so Lutgarde relaxes. "Hello, we're on a mission here. What about you? I'm Lutgarde," they introduce themself, and take a moment to look over the newcomer.

They also turn slightly towards Shalin, and in a lower voice asks, "How do you know it's abandoned?" It's hard for them to feel actual life inside here, and in the absence of anything, it feels like they might always be watched.

prompt Lutgarde Dijkstra's skills as a pathfinder must be explored in some way.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 1:50:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lathiel's eyes menacingly shifted toward . A snarl was all Shalin needed to pull back on the Type: Null's reins, reining in the unwanted behavior (both literally and figuratively). "Not exactly, Aubre," she answered, shivering as she heard the clicking of a nearby clock tower's giant gears. "On business from the League. They want all the rifts mapped out and as well-understood as can be. And I don't blame them. The Pokémon here and in the rest of the rifts are something else."

Lutgarde's questions continued. "820 is our universe," Shalin explained. "From what we understand, it's the Origin Point of all worlds. Either 820 has to go, or the rest of the worlds have to go, supposedly. I don't believe it - there's no reason our world shouldn't be able to coexist with others." She thought about the last time she had traveled to Universe 313 using her Sygna Suit and a Space-Time Distortion. A universe where only legendary Pokémon existed; Pokémon that were rare in 820 were common there. Her Universe-313 self was Keldeo's Avatar, and the Keldeo of that world was quite a bit larger than Hoenn's.

"Frankly, the whole place looks abandoned," Shalin concluded from her last trip to the place. "Lifeless. Maybe there are a few artificial--"

Before she could further elaborate, a Zygarde cell zipped about the pews, disappearing behind the stage and into what appeared to be a secret passage. Not able to resist the allure, Shalin followed it on foot, the corridors inside too narrow to pass by on a Pokémon. Little did they know how much false life they would run into beyond...

03 spot a zygarde cell that flees, leading your character into a sticky situation.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
I Still Believe, Inside of Me, There's Someone Not Unspoken. Someone Not So Broken.
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 1:50:44 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
The redhead stared at the Type: Null for a moment. She swallowed but did not back up. “Hey there. I’m sorry if I scared you.” A hand extended toward the chimera, her head turned away to prevent what could be seen as aggressive eye contact. She listened to Shalin speak as her fingers hung in the open air.
[break][break]
So much for them being here for you. Way to be full of yourself, Aubre. Who would even notice you were gone? This bitter thought circles until the conversation returns to her.
[break][break]

“Well, that’s a relief.” Suddenly, her throat felt dry. The exhaustion in her legs was now hard to ignore. Every muscle ached. Through fresh eyes, she saw how she looked. Clothes are torn by rusty gears and mechanical beasts. Dried blood on her sleeves and jeans. That same outfit had been on for seven days. “I wouldn’t wish this place on my worst enemy.” The constant ticking was enough to drive her mad—well, madder.
[break][break]

Her eyes roved the nearby area. Something about it felt familiar, but everything here looked the same. “It would fascinate me if I wasn’t stuck here.” Though, hopefully, the rangers signified that fate was at an end. She doubted the League would send their people into a rift without a predictable way to retrieve them. Not only would it be a PR nightmare, but it would strain an already frayed system.
[break][break]

The introduction receives a nod. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Aubre.” Her cheeks flushed. She felt bad that she didn't say that sooner.
[break][break]

At talks of alternate universes, Aubre’s mind wanders back to a certain night. One that began with a strange man at the foot of her bed. The way his coin caught the light is forever imprinted in her memory. She remembered the way that her talked. Could I do that? Ruin that her life? She shook her head. Realizing that it was to a question no one asked, she moved to bridge the gap. “The world’s have coexisted for this long. There’s no reason to think that has to stop.” They just had to accept one another. Which, on second thought, was really hard for humanity to do.
[break][break]

She remembers the gentle rumble of the Heatran’s voice. A hand drops to the bag at her side. She can feel the warmth of the heart through the canvas. “I wouldn’t say lifeless.” Maybe artificial is a better word.
[break][break]

Her Pokemon notices the Zygarde cell as well. Al’s frill sparks as he reveals bare teeth. The Ranger Captain races after the flash of green. Aubre hesitates for a moment. But, suddenly, the church seems to swell. Her own worth seems to shrink as the sounds around her grow almost deafening. “Wait—!” Clutching the strap of her bag more tightly, she forces herself to stumble after the ride fanatic.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunstest1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 21:22:25 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde, compared to the other two, felt oddly at ease here. Maybe it's because they haven't been exposed to the Mechanical Kingdom for too long, or it's their affinities to cities and their machinations; or maybe they're just weird. At Aubre's clear dejection, they offer a reassuring, confident smile. "Don't worry, we'll get you out of there! Just- hang in a bit longer, but if you stick with us, we'll figure it all out." Surely, they wouldn't just leave her here, anyway! Lutgarde would rather just stick around until reinforcements arrived if it really came to that.

Now, however, their attention quickly also focused on the talk about universes ... "Why 820 as origin point?" they ponder, but aren't sure if they could actually understand the answer to it if it is longer than one medium-sized sentence. The implications of it all seem rather terrifying, this much they could grasp. They nod at Shalin's and Aubre's words. "Yeah, I think it seems really odd why not ... I mean, a tree has its roots just fine, right?" Unless, of course, there's a disease from the roots up to the tree ... but even then, it's strange how a start could possibly vanish with the rest persisting.

Aubre's remark about it not being lifeless is followed by a nod from Lutgarde. "It looks really well-maintained, actually, now that I think about it. But even I know that perpetuum mobile isn't possible - where do they get their energy from?" they wonder. They don't have time to wonder for too long, however, as Shalin spots something and follows it. They turn to see if Aubre would follow them as well, before also following on the back of their Togekiss. "What- oh". Their arrival has alarmed or activated guards, it seems. "Not abandoned?" they try to lighten the mood while also backing off.

They have no idea what the turtle-like robots with a ring are, but there seem to be more and more coming from the other end of the corridor, approaching slowly, but steadily, onward, further and further onward. "We should leave this place?" they suggest, not sure if it'd be worth it to chase whatever Shalin has found.

prompt engage or flee soulless volcanion guards.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 6:30:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lathiel's expression remained decidedly neutral as Aubre spoke up. "You're not stuck here; we'll make sure you get back to Hoenn safely. Isn't that right, Lutgarde?" The question needed no answer; as Rangers, they presumably knew what that answer was already.

's questions about 820 did not surprise Shalin, either; as Captain she had to have some baseline knowledge about the Origin Point, 820, and effects it would have on the Hoenns of other universes. "I don't know a lot about it, and some of it I can't talk about publicly anyway. But the gist of it is by saving 820, every other universe's Hoenn is doomed. By destroying our Hoenn, every other universe's Hoenn is saved. If we do nothing, they all will be gone. Don't quote me on it, though. Like I said, I don't get it completely."

The secret passage was filled with artificial-looking Pokémon: Klink line, Magnemite line... none of which were truly alive. Shalin shrugged at Lutgarde's question. "That's part of the reason I've been assigned to investigate here. They really should have sent someone else, though. Anyone else--"

Before she could finish the sentence, the Volcanion guards funneled the trio elsewhere in the passage. The girl flinched, yelping as she stepped on a large pressure plate. The gears of several Klang began turning rapidly, opening a gate in the far distance. "Just... let's get out of here and go home!" she begged Lutgarde, not wanting to go any deeper. The deeper she went, the more visibly at unease she became...

🗺️ SHALIN NARIYA's apprehension toward the unnatural must be explored in some way.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 3:19:53 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Thank you.” Her cheeks flushed. “I did not mean to imply that you would leave me. No good person would do so on purpose.” The redhead punctuated this sentence with a nod. It’s not you guys leaving me I’m worried about. It was all the things this world threw in her way. First, there’d been the giant mechanical bird. Then, the axe-wielding Thievul figurines chased her and Dylan to that damnable trap. Now, some green thing was trying to lead them to certain death.
[break][break]

The talk of alternate dimensions made her shiver. For some reason, Shaln’s words took her back to Daddy’s greenhouse. The way he’d tut over spotted leaves as sickness spread. Those worn green eyes always looked sad as he trashed the affected plants. A hand rose to itch at an invisible rash. “It sounds like we’re the vector.” If all universes were intertwined—and if what was being said was true—it seemed like they were the contagion. [break][break]

Perpetual motion? A hand dropped to the strange device thrumming in her bag.
[break][break]

The redhead’s eyes jerked up as the guards ahead activated. At first, she wanted to run. To dash toward the gate that had opened in front of them. She could see it slowly rolling backward, the gate lowering with it. But she was tired of being a rat in some madman’s maze. It’s time to show what you’re made of. Her hand balled into a shaking fist as she turned to the Rangers.
[break][break]
Taking a deep breath, she turned to her Swampert and Heliolisk. “Serena!” She could see these things were mechanical. Their eyes were soulless. “Hydro Pump!” With a nod, the Swampert unleashed a torrent of water on the guards. This didn’t seem to do much, only dampen the rust spots on their armor. It also bought them a few precious feet as the force pushed the glorified tin cans back. But she wasn’t done yet.
[break][break]

The redhead slid back onto the pressure plate. The gate went back up.
[break][break]

Her next words were barely above a whisper. An apology to creatures that likely did not comprehend it. “Sorry.” She threw an arm across her face as she nodded at Alastor. With a snarl, he unleashed a Thunder on the drenched machines. Electricity arced between them and the floor as the air sizzled with ozone. Only when he could no longer breathe did the electric type stop his attack.
[break][break]

Aubre’s heart jumped in her throat as the swarm took a shaky step forward. Then, like dominoes, they began to fall. CLINK!

[break][break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 8:57:34 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde wonders for a moment what has happened to Aubre, but there might be time for questioning later - or even never, given that it might be a sensitive topic to speak about. The same applies to the talk about universes and doom - it truly feels like the trolley problem all over again, with no way to find a third solution that wouldn't end in their death.

They are perplexed as Shalin's unease about being here reached its peak, and she begged to leave as quickly as possible. Lutgarde rests a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it firmly and reassuringly, "Yeah, let's - we'll get out as quickly as we can." They need to keep a calm mind, even as they're coming to face with several mechanic pokémon, as well as some that they've never seen before (Volcanion guards).

Before Lutgarde could figure out a solution to their situation, Aubre has unexpectedly stepped forward, immobilising the swarm of guards with a combination of water and electricity. "Good thinking there, Aubre!" they say, before looking at the gate in the far distance that has been activated using a pressure plate. There's no immediate danger, they believe, but ... "Sylph, use Dragon Hammer to get one of those guards on the plate, then catch up with Extreme Speed!" they direct their pokémon, and hop off to make it towards the gate on foot. Depending on what happened in the meanwhile (if the guards got up again), it might be tricky to get the timing right, but they believe in the Togekiss.

They do look behind them, but it seems like something has caused the way back to be closed off - so the only way onward would be upwards. "Let's move quickly."

prompt (set up for race against time with sylph, or we use it for another time! o7)

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 21:21:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
's reassurance helped, but there was still the reality that she couldn't stand being in this artificial world. She was afraid that it might be the best home for them, were 820 to be destroyed. Out of all the dimensions she had traveled to thanks to the rifts, this Mechanical Kingdom was the closest one to "livable" she had seen... provided there was arable land within.

"...That's what the League is guiding us to believe," Shalin nodded just before the combination of HYDRO PUMP and THUNDER immobilized one of the Volcanion guards. With Aubre's and Sylph's Pokémon working together, they had reopened the distant gate. Those attacks wouldn't stun the guards forever; she had to make her move now. Tossing Firja's Poké Ball beneath her, she let the appearing Glastrier's body fling her upward and astride the legendary ice-type. With a steady gallop, the Pokémon and rider followed their comrades through the now-open gate.

11 involve a race against time in some way.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Aubre
She/Her
February 17
Turffield
Demisexual
Pokémon Doctor
Civilian
awards
345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aubremckenna
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 13:51:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
At the compliments, her cheeks blushed. She was torn between pride and embarrassment. “I used to want to be a gym leader.” Just like her dad before her. But then, well, she saw what it could cost her friends. She had to watch as a Houndoom tore her sister—her Evangeline—apart. Then, the pain the manta ray felt as it again and again rose to her defense.
[break][break]

Since then, her heart just wasn’t in it. But she still indulged because some of her Pokemon’s dreams hadn’t changed.
[break][break]

If they expected disagreement from Aubre, they wouldn’t be getting it, “I think that’s best.” At least not right now. Though the heart in her bag felt heavy, she knew that guilt would fade. She could just leave it to a ranger. Maybe one of the two with her? Isn’t it kind of weird that you haven’t mentioned it yet? Though it is kind of hard to explain, isn’t it? Some dead Pokemon gave this funny rock to me and called me a knight!
[break][break]

Her daughter needed her. And, with her missing, there was no telling what would do. To say he was overprotective would be putting it quite mildly. If he thought someone had her, she doubted the result would be pretty. At the very least, some poor police officer was suffering a silver-tongued browbeating.
[break][break]

As the two rangers moved to open the gate, Aubre raced after them. She ignored the twinges of pain in her back as she pushed her legs forward. A quick glance behind her confirmed her Pokemon were right behind. Half collapsing as they passed the portcullis, she turned to smile at her Pokemon. But their faces were horrified. Alastor’s frill was fully at attention. Serena, meanwhile, had her fists curled into meat fists, her jaw tightened into a stubborn, determined line. “What’s—” The doctor followed their eyes and winced.
[break][break]

At the center of the room was what seemed to be something from a fairytale: a great stone bed. Laying prone upon it was an inert little rabbit creature. The hole in her chest gazed back like a hollow in a tree. Perched on the ‘headboard’ of this altar was another giant Corviknight. Except for a slightly different set of scars, the thing looked identical to the one she’d fought before.
[break][break]

“Oh.” She swallowed. A shaking hand dropped to her bag as she pulled out the pulsing stone—no, heart.

[break][break]

The bird ruffled its wings as the gate shut out behind them. It seemed to be deactivated. From its neck hung a key—a perfect fit for the door on the other side.

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 15:01:25 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
It's by a hair that they manage to all escape safely, with Lutgarde offering to help Aubree on foot should she need it. Once they're near the gates, Sylph also started racing forward, pushing herself faster and faster with Extreme Speed. Lutgarde quickly moves everyone out of the way, and Sylph hard crashes towards the floor to have it help her lose speed quickly, or she might overshoot way too much. The ranger's running towards their Togekiss, but she just spits to the side, recovering herself on her own with Life Dew. "Way to go, Sylph," Lutgarde smiles, the worry not entirely hidden, as they take out a berry and throw it for Sylph to snack on.

It's only then that they start taking in their surroundings. Sylph has stopped a few ways to something in the middle - a creature with a hole in its middle, but more worrying is ... a giant Corviknight. "Oh-" they say, turning to Shalin and Aubree, and- They stare at the round object in Aubree's hands, which seems to pulsate with soft energy. They then turn towards the creature again, maybe something like a robot, an automaton ... "Does it go there?" they ask the red-haired, before nodding at Shalin.

"We've gotta keep that Corviknight at bay ...!" they say, motioning for Aubree to focus on getting whatever's done that she needs to get done. They don't believe for a second that there's anything malicious coming from that stone and automaton - but maybe that's just their gullibleness. "Sylph, are you up again? Carry Sylv up!" they say as the Corviknight starts to move at their commotion, roaring with mechanical clicks and starting to charge. "I'm- It might be a guardian, focus on disarming, fainting!" they add.

Sylv and Sylph nod as the Sylveon hops onto the Togekiss' back, and they start taking off to meet the Corviknight halfway. Immediately, Sylv starts chanting with a charming, beautiful voice - his tone is soothing, calming. However, from that point, the duo also spots something else - a variety of cages, open and seemingly waiting for prisoners ...

prompt battle, flee or become captured by a massive mechanical corviknight that continually hunts you to cage in the castle.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 21:33:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was getting uncomfortable with the pace Hylda was running at to keep Sylph and Lutgarde in sight. She was panting, not used to the sustained speed of a legendary Pokémon at all. She clutched the ice horse's reins tightly in her dizziness, unaware of what the others had walked into until they pointed out the presence of the giant, metal bird.

The legendary Pokémon, brimming with Infinity Energy, immediately attracted the attention of the steel-type, slicing into horse and rider with a vicious STEEL WING that sent blood and ice spattering all around them. She fell at the perfect angle to accidentally press the release switch on Sandy's Poké Ball. The Flygon emerged in a RAGE that Shalin's unconscious body shared on the inside, landing on top of the giant Corviknight's crest. Her wings began to vibrate with a hideous shriek in an effort to ring the metal bird like a tuning fork. With her trainer in poor shape, though, there was only so long the Crystabloom within the Sygna Suit would be able to keep the dragon at her heightened state...

{PC: 5}

Firja         Glastrier      KO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights