Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Split the Earth, Suck the Marrow [M]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 0:45:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You're a hard man to find, Adrian."

The admin's voice was casual yet relaxed as he leaned up against the railings of the ship he and Adrian were on. Route 105 was a prominent shipping lane between Rustboro and Dewford, but the League had made a point to steer far around the Power Spot in the area. Deep underwater, Pokemon exposed to latent Dynergy Dynamaxed uncontrollably.

and his distaste for Dynamax ensured that such giants did not wander too closely to Dewford's shores, but he could not control the sea alone. That was Nautica's job, before and left the region for greener pastures. The hole Nautica left allowed for Howard's own smuggling business to flourish.

Ships and makeshift rigs drilled into the Power Spot below, mining for Dynite Ore and Wishing Stars to be turned into Dynamax Bands. Rocket's coffers grew fat and heavy on the wealth accumulated through this illegal extraction.

"I'm impressed, honestly. You've been through so much of the shit this region has thrown at us in the last few years." The admin lit a cigarette and took a deep drag. "You smoke?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 3:03:11 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","adriansimple"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Not hard enough, he might've thought to say...[break][break]

Life on the open seas did not suit him, he felt, clasping a hand to the ship's rail as they broke through open waters. Though he could not fathom the depths of their operations here, Adrian knew enough to understand its importance. Dynite ore, huh? What a treat.[break][break]

Muted echoes of anguish tingle along his arm, a fragmented recollection of times long behind them. It's true that Adrian has seen his fair share, but much and more has escaped him also. The rise of Dynamax is something that has surprised him, among other strange... augmentations that have been rediscovered across Hoenn's mutilated landscape.[break][break]

Would that he could go back to simpler times...[break][break]

"Less so these days." He couldn't claim to have kicked the habit, but his lungs thanked him for the infrequency of his addiction. He manages a curious glance at Howard, wondering what might have provoked this chance encounter. Surely there were important matters—[break][break]

"I'm sure many have seen worse and fared better." Wounded ego aside, there was much and more for him to feel proud having accomplished. Perhaps he cannot look back through rose-tinted lenses, but he does at least acknowledge the good from the bad.[break][break]

Perhaps that is the vein their interest stems from. Though it tires him so, he cannot help but feel himself guessing at ulterior motives when others seek him out with their questions...
[break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

[newclass=".adriansimple"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/gm2HtWS/littledarkage.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote b, .adriansimple blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adriansimple blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adriansimple blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 7:52:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That so?" Howard clicked a light. The question is vague. It could apply to anything that came out of Adrian's mouth, but the admin's intentions became clear when he produced a box of cigarettes and plucked a second one out. He lit it and passed it to Adrian, before taking a second drag. "Smoke and listen, please.

For a moment, he looked like , before the man had grown hard and cold for the glory of Rocket. The group had taken everything and given Cillian little. Still, the underboss held it tightly.

"That might be so, but many are gone and buried, and you're what's left. Strength isn't determined by raw might. It's determined by your ability to remain when the dust has settled." Another drag. "With that in mind, you're very strong."

Several men shouted from a nearby boat. A crane groaned as a large chunk of Dynite Ore and Wishing Star fragments were loaded onto the deck, still dripping with seawater.

"I wanted to ask for your opinion on something." The man blinked once, lazily, though his functioning eye glimmered with a bright excitement. "Regirock."

The word was loaded with memories. Memories of sabotage and death and ruins.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 8:36:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Howard was one to stand on ceremony, then. Adrian plucks the nail from its coffin, tucking it loosely against the corner of his mouth, allowing it to hang limply while he waited for a light, cupping the flame from the turbulent seabreeze.[break][break]

A puff. A drag. A plume of smoke.[break][break]

Adrian used to soak up this sort of validation, but he found himself faraway from his old self. It was a small comfort, but he supposed it better to the alternative: To be treated as some cumbersome vagabond, purposeless and without value. He should be glad of that lasting impression, even after losing his vestige.[break][break]

'I wonder where this is going...'[break][break]

Anticipation welled up within his chest, his mind left to drift in a brief light-headed euphoria.[break][break]

And there it was. The all important question that had seen these two brought together. Regirock.[break][break]

Adrian manages a knowing glance towards his cohort. Though he could not have imagined the exact nature of their question, it was not uncharacteristic for men of their disposition to desire power in all of its manifestations.[break][break]

"What could you possibly ask that hasn't been answered in some verbose report...?"
[break]

[newclass=".adriansimple"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/gm2HtWS/littledarkage.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple blockquote b, .adriansimple blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adriansimple blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adriansimple blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adriansimple .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 9:06:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Reports can be wrong. Data can be lost. I'm simply checking my references." Howard gave Adrian a mild look as a trail of smoke left his lips. "That includes you."

It was a very academic process. Regirock was an ancient artifact belonging to the people of Hoenn. When you wanted to study the past, you had to look at it from many angles. A report was one, an account was another, and the ruins were a third. It'd be easier if he could survey the Desert Ruins and Island Cave for more intel, but both had sunk beneath the waves and sands.

Annoying. Howard wished that he and had gotten to chat more about Regirock in the Island Cave. That door was shut, now.

"Give me your opinions on it. What it was like, what it did, stuff like that." Another crate of Dynite Ore was hauled to surface. He leaned to look at Adrian, interested. "I never got to see inside its ruins. You did."

Information was at its best when freely given. Howard did not believe in hiding intel. It got in the way of academic collaboration.

"Do me this favor, and I'll answer whatever you want. Pretty fair, yeah?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 10:35:16 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It was like pulling teeth. Adrian was being nothing if not difficult, and for little reason as was his nature. But the promise of something in return... It fostered good faith from this kindred spirit. That, and his cooperation would be expected—anything less might be considered treacherous by those less forgiving of his character flaws. "Alright..."[break][break]

Putting his back to the railing, Adrian turns his attention to the fresh haul splattering seawater across their deck. Not unlike the fragment...[break][break]

"The creature itself was depicted on murals, like a sort of guardian deity perhaps,"1 he began, his memory returning somewhat. One might consider it conjecture, as the actual carvings and allegory could no longer be explored—and many had lacked the foresight to document their findings at the time.[break][break]

"Regirock attacked indiscriminately, but only after we'd triggered several traps and disturbed its sanctum." Another sharp drag followed by a cloud of smoke, the rich menthol dulling the burn that filled his lungs. He couldn't be sure what Howard was hoping to learn, so he reluctantly prattled on, for better or worse.[break][break]

"The ancients depicted what would've been ETERNATUS, in hindsight. I think it was the guardian's foe, but... There was something more it could have been."2 Though it would have seemed obvious to them now, he cannot be sure anyone would have made the conclusion before the events that followed only years after.[break][break]

"I believe the guardians were made to be what they are using ETERNATUS' power... But I am not sure how that came to pass." Moreover, he is not able to accurately conclude whether the guardians existed before they had divested the leviathan's power for their own ends.[break][break]

"At the time, I was pursued by Katherine Fairburne for possession of a REGIROCK FRAGMENT. The guardian—Regirock—seemed to protect me for a time, until..." Adrian tried to find the words, though what had actually transpired still escaped him somewhat.[break][break]

"Katherine was able to create an opposing pull, or tether, to Regirock—it was a stalemate... At the time, I tried to steal Regirock's power for myself using... Methods at my sole disposal." Adrian did not lightly share the nature of his abilities as avatar, and no amount of prying would ever change that.[break][break]

Adrian could still remember how it felt. The burning jolt up his arm was nothing like INFINITY ENERGY, the life force of pokemon. And though it responded to his influence, he could not harness it. Moreover, as he pondered over the nature of Regirock's shaky loyalty, it might have been what caused the creature to fall out from under his influence.[break][break]

"At the time I didn't understand it, but I must have antagonized it by attempting as much, forcing it to once more treat me as an intruder. But that power... It had to be dynergy that gave it titanic strength."[break][break]

Adrian turned and cast a suspecting stare in Howard's direction, looking to see any hint of satisfaction—or perhaps even disappointment—painting his features. Though if anything, he thought Howard looked to be expecting something else than what he'd gotten...[break][break]

"Perhaps most of this seems obvious now."[break]

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]1 & 2 Not entirely sure Adrian could/would know this.[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:45:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It does, but that doesn't make the contribution any less valuable. You actually confirmed a few things for me, and using other sources to verify what we know is part of the academic process." Howard clapped Adrian on the shoulder, as if they were friends. "Be proud."

He had wished for more, but had gotten what he expected. Pessimism had its perks, every now and then.

Howard's hand had been cold to the touch, as if it had been left in a meat locker. It wasn't uncommon for people to have a cold grip. Adrian of all people would be intimately familiar with the cold and lifeless hands of the deceased.

Even now, Yveltal cast a long shadow.

"The golems are strong, but they are machines. They do not distinguish, because they do not care. We're all just meat at the end of the day. Regirock doesn't care about you or me. Do you think it can even determine the difference between us?"

The admin let out a laugh. There was a chance that the golem would recognize Adrian or Howard from their prior encounters, but Howard did not put much faith in the unreliable.

"It's funny you mention Dynergy, though. Ever Dynamaxed a Pokemon before, Adrian? It has some strange effects." The admin flicked a smidge of ash from his cigarette overboard. "Want to see?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 2:36:00 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Their hand to his shoulder is enough to perturb him, even without the chill that seemed to hang in the air. Adrian would tolerate it outwardly, but not-so-secretly he found it revulting—a gesture he would not deign to return. A simple thank you might have sufficed between newly-acquainteds.[break][break]

Adrian could not help feeling that—on some level—they were living beings. Like all life, they contained that spark, and an aura he could draw upon and observe, once upon a time...[break][break]

He could believe they were machine-like, but he did not believe ancient sciences alone could induce this level of autonomity in mere constructs. In these automatons, they had created a simulacrum of life, even in this proto-stage. Surely, a higher power had been at play.[break][break]

This was a feeling he had, and nothing more. But to his mind, their actions reflected the confusion of one waking from a deep slumber, he felt, just as much as machines responding to archaic, corrupted command prompts.[break][break]

But Adrian found their expression to be purely rhetorical, and was not interested in challenging academic belief with a feeling, so he kept his opinion to himself rather than contribute to any fruitless discourse. Instead, he pacified himself with thoughts of dynergy, watching the cigarette plummet for the roiling abyss below.[break][break]

"Not so far as I can remember..." There was a time, somewhere faraway and disconnected from this reality, that he felt himself probing at—thoughts of Furor on some draconian rampage—but he is unsure of the phenomenon. Adrian fidgets with a ring wrought around his finger, remembering this modicum of peace separated by entire realities. "I hear it's dangerous."[break][break]

His eyes betray a fiendish interest, as of one who coveted power, when he turns his attention to Howard for elaboration.
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 8:06:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Adrian's silent contempt for the gesture went unnoticed. Howard was distracted by something else, and he didn't know how to approach the former Avatar. Adrian's career was long and illustrious, a veteran of the Ultra Space War. If Adrian decided to punt Howard into the ocean, the admin would not be able to stop him.

Put simply, Howard was too weak. Nonetheless, the admin held something that Adrian didn't have. Not anymore. Power. Raw, earth-shattering might that had once saved the region eons before. A power that had recently emerged as Eternatus stirred, and Dynergy with it.

Galar did not hold the power of Dynamax anymore. That was Hoenn, and they had done it millennia prior.

"Very dangerous." Howard agreed with a light chuckle. would throttle him for giving any member of Rocket a test drive of Dynamax, but Rocket had as much of a right to know as the League did. This was the one snag in their relationship: knowledge was best shared, instead of selfishly hidden. "It can kill a Pokémon if you don't have a Dynamax Band."

That's what the small fleet of ships was for. If they mined Dynite Ore and Wishing Stars, Rocket could make as many of the bands as they wished.

"I've seen it happen, and it's not pretty." The admin tossed an ice-crusted Pokeball into the air. "Regice, Activate!"

The Pokeball opened, and Regirock's kin emerged. A colossal titan of ice emerged in the ocean, before quickly swelling in size as Dynergy coursed through ancient circuits. The closed system within the golem reacted with the massive flow of power, causing the golem to Dynamax. Instead of floating, its feet rested on the seafloor.

Seven dots, arranged in an alien pattern, glowed a reddish yellow like a set of suns. Ice began to form in the ocean.

"Pretty impressive, right!?" The admin shouted over the chill and roaring wind. On his wrist was no Dynamax Band. "Does it remind you of Regirock!?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 4:29:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","adrianstare"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
Adrian is no stranger to the danger posed when one lightly brandishes these greater powers, but he would not have counted on the repercussions of the transformation being so damning. Even if it could be done without a Dynamax Band, it was a fatalistic process—something that would have been learned firsthand before it was documented... Who found that one out?[break][break]

Adrian manages his sympathy before locking his eyes with the pokeball hurtling skywardly. He did not count on Howard having in his possession another Regi, though with how lightly he handled it, perhaps the knowledge was not so much guarded as he was simply ignorant to it.[break][break]

His instinct to know compels him then to glance in Howard's direction—his eyes strain as if trying to discern something about him—but it proves a fruitless gesture. A thin smile breaks up the intensity of his stare, as fingers run over his face and through tousles of hair, a sort of tic. Of course, there was nothing off about Howard...[break][break]

...Save that he wears no Dynamax Band...[break][break]

"Yeah... It does." Mostly in how the eyes were formed. Outside of that, its body was comprised solely of its designated material, in this case the ice that chilled the seabed around them.[break][break]

But more than that—he feels the pressure of its presence weighing down on him; daunting enough that his heart skips a beat.[break][break]

Adrian manages a hard stare at the monolithic creature. It presents a troubling problem for him—how could he ever hope to challenge something of this caliber, that can be so easily conjured by simply wearing the requisite band?[break][break]

The titan takes to the transformation naturally, its influence spreading over the waters in spite of their turbulence. Adrian manages another side glance along Howard's wrists, his brow quirked quietly. Perhaps such things were simply best worn discretely, to avoid theft.[break][break]

"Are there no other conditions necessary...?"[break][break]

Adrian wanted, needed to know more.
[break]

[newclass=".adrianstare"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianstare blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianstare .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qCWsShR/stare2.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianstare blockquote b, .adrianstare blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adrianstare blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adrianstare blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianstare .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianstare .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianstare .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 8:41:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"No."

Howard's voice is a quiet whisper in a frozen storm. A devilish whisper caressing Adrian's ear, as if inviting Yveltal's former partner to sup from the destructive chalice he had once held. Dynamax. Dynamax. Dynamax. The admin's smiled as his body crusted with ice.

He did not shiver. Was there any distinction between this primordial cold and the chilling grip of death? No. Neither distinguished between mortals. Neither could be denied. A fire could sputter out, a life could end, but even if ice melted, it could refreeze.

"This power could be yours, but you must use it wisely. Hold firmly, but do not expect to control it. It's like a fire. Play with it wrong, presume that you control it..."

The ocean split open as a Dynamaxed Gyarados emerged from the ocean, naturally Dynamaxed due to the natural Power Spots in the area. Eternatus's leavings corrupted the wildlife, even as the god was sealed deep under Dewford.

"...and you'll get burned."

Regice punched the Gyarados in the jaw, using its raw Superpower to fracture the sea monster's jaw. Ships retreated and backed away from the fight. Ice cracked and shattered. Regice, however, held firm. The raw power of a genuine Dynamax was a sight to behold. Howard had learned about the death of Pokémon after Dynamaxed, as had .

His Ninetales had died so that progress could be made. Howard would weep for that Ninetales, but it was worth far more dead than it ever had been alive.

"In exchange for this power, all I ask..." Admin Fox offered his hand out to Adrian. The splitting image of his predecessor, . "...is that you help me fell a god."

Fight with me when the time comes, and do what you wish otherwise. His eye seemed to say.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 20:21:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","adrianthink"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
It is chilling to see man's ravenous pursuit of power mirrored in Howard, just as it had once gripped him, without the other seeming to be fazed by their own power lust. Even for Rocket, Adrian was surprised to see others take to these new outlets so readily, undeterred by such a hefty setback. Truly, in some ways they seemed heartless.[break][break]

Where was the apprehension of any sane being?[break][break]

Adrian watched as a Gyarados broke through the surface, impressed by its size and stature, hoping to see its demonstrable power—perhaps hoping to gauge Furor's capacity with Dynamax—but the leviathan was swatted away almost as quickly as the upstart had surged through the rapids. Their vessel buoys with the turbulent waves, forcing them to deepen the buffer distancing them from the conflict.[break][break]

POWER—AND PURPOSE
[break]

It reeks of the clandestine nature of Yveltal's work. Through its many musings, Adrian came to know the gifts these creatures imparted on them were always burdened with a greater purpose. And for now, Howard had perhaps revealed to him the very charge that had brought Regice into his possession.[break][break]

"...And exactly which god would that be?"[break][break]

Adrian was not one to make conditional pledges in ignorance, not after what it'd costed him.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".adrianthink"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianthink blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianthink .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/gm2HtWS/littledarkage.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianthink blockquote b, .adrianthink blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adrianthink blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adrianthink blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianthink .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianthink .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianthink .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:13:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
On some level, Howard knew that what he was doing was wrong.

Tempting a former Avatar with power was a terrifying thing to do. Power corrupted, and Howard did not know Adrian very well. Yveltal could have changed him. It could've broken him apart. It could've turned him into a specter who did nothing but hunger for more and more might.

For every person who used power with the weight it deserved like , there was another who craved more. Howard had no desire to create another ■■■ ( ).

Yet still, when treating with devils, even a pious man needed to embrace the darkness. He'd let Adrian sup on this raw might. Despite everything, Howard understood why someone would look upon a colossus like Regice or Regirock and desire its might. After his Aerodactyl was wounded in Area Zero, Howard would use whatever power he had to never be weak again.

Shirley had lost an eye because he hadn't used Regice. He had failed to use the power that Rocket had given him.

Not again.

Never again.

"The same one from the Desert Ruins, Adrian. The same one under our very feet. The leavings of a god that scourged Galar with poison and fire."

The admin smiled without warmth. In truth, he was afraid to utter its name, but he would not lose face here. He would sell this to Adrian if it was the last thing he did.

"Eternatus." A whisper in the freezing blizzard. Regice threw a javelin made of ice through the Gyarados's barrier. The monster's Dynergy Barrier began to crack and splinter. "The Skeleton Gigantic."

A thousand miles away, a mural in Regirock's ruin lay forgotten.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 6:35:33 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr="class","adrianclass"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
He might've thought Howard to mean anything but ETERNATUS, but the answer is able to satisfy his curiosity. It was not the likes of any peaceable creature upon which he wished harm—one might even consider it deserving. Retribution for its many crimes against mankind and pokemon both—and perhaps even more than that.[break][break]

"...I'm not even sure it can be killed."[break][break]

Many of these awful yet awe-inspiring creatures were forces of nature deified. The permanence of death was a thing of mortal convention—beings of a higher order were not so easily brought to their end.[break][break]

He did not doubt a thing could be destroyed, or even buried—but the tenacity of these amortals was mistakeable for immortality—and such an errand spelled certain doom for those foolhardy enough to try. Not that they would be left with ample alternative when disaster next razed Hoenn's marred landscape.[break][break]

Adrian steadies his hands to the ship's rails, staring back towards the mainland. At those jutting peaks guarding that island oasis; a land that was itself a house of memories, fond and foul. In times past he had been quick to defend it, and time had not so greatly changed his inclinations... And yet—[break][break]

It might have meant something once, to be held in such esteem—but now he equally considers his own expendability—especially to those as intended to wield him. And it makes him hesitant to promise anything more—to give anymore than he already has.[break][break]

"I do not doubt that I will make myself useful, if and when the moment calls for it—but I can promise you nothing beyond that." He stares.[break][break]

As with all things, he would have to find his own way, even if he had to muddle through it indelicately.[break][break]

He would not allow himself to be used.[break][break]

That had been his last lesson—he needn't revisit it.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".adrianclass"]--accent:#786477; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianclass blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianclass .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/fpdJW6m/100pxA.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-60px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:0px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianclass blockquote b, .adrianclass blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .adrianclass blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .adrianclass blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianclass .top"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 60px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 8px 8px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianclass .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 8px 8px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".adrianclass .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 8:20:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
When questioned about the mortality of the immortal, all Howard could do was shrug and laugh.

"Divinity is a human concept as well. When the world was made, the only thing that existed in the world were what we call 'gods', yes? Nobody was there to call them that. We did. Our species marked them as gods, and thus divinity came to be."

The Dynergy Barrier splintered and shattered like shards of glass as the lance pierced the barrier. A colossal ice lance pierced the Gyarados's flesh and pinned it in place. Before the sea monster could freeze, it began to shrink.

When it shrunk, Eternatus claimed another victim. Death did not discriminate in its judgement of those who harnessed the power of a god. Only one escaped its grasp. As Regice shrunk down, the rampaging Dynergy that normally claimed the life of the user was integrated into the golem's icy form.

Regice slid across the ocean towards Adrian and Howard like nothing happened.

"You say that Eternatus can't die? Maybe it doesn't know how. We'll teach it to do so, or we'll ensure it never threatens our world again." It could go raze another. It could burn another universe down to cinders if it wished. Howard was fine with that. Yet this world would be safe, and that was what mattered. "Your conditions are acceptable."

The cold was choking. When it got cold enough, it hurt to breathe. It hurt to live. It hurt to die. Yet death was a gentle blanket, and the fact that it had not claimed Adrian spoke volumes.

Adrian Malcolm still had a role to play.

"Make sure to snag a Dynamax Band before you try anything silly. These Power Spots are not toys. I'd rather not repeat myself. Again."

History repeated, but Howard's warning did not.