Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
glutton
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 14:02:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

sat beneath the monstrous, fanning branches of Sootopolis City’s DYNA TREE. A bench had been erected here a few months ago for those interested in appreciating the inherent nature of the tree or, at the time, to woo CALYREX with extravagant tales.[break][break]

The admin quite liked the view. It gave a pristine panorama of Sootopolis’ bay and the city built on its surrounding tiered cliffs. As a bonus, it also gave an open line of sight for those traveling on the path toward the tree.[break][break]

Aurelie,” Barnaby called out, his voice casual and warm. He’d pat the space beside him on the bench, gesturing for her to join, though she had no obligation to do so.[break][break]

It’s been awhile. I hope you’ve been well?”[break][break]

Overhead, MOLTRES perched upon one of the outer branches and gorged itself on the fleshy fruits of the DYNA TREE.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span:hover]filter:none;transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,014 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
glutton
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 21:30:55 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]The appetite grows for what it feeds on.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Approaching the towering Dyna Tree, Aurelie couldn't help pausing to shake her head in wonder, both at the sight of it and at the unexpected changes in her life since the tree first sprouted up in Sootopolis. Its wide, spreading branches formed a canopy of rose-pink and pearl-white leaves, behind which peeped jewel-like fruits that filled the air with an enticingly sweet fragrance.

Who would've thought that telling four stories beside that tree would mean I'd basically be living and working in Sootopolis for a month? Or that I'd be throwing my whole body and soul into a shield and saddle commissioned by an oversized talking rabbit Pokemon? she marveled, smiling wryly.

And who would've thought this tree would've attracted that out into the open, where it could be tracked and captured? The redhead caught her breath, watching the black-and-red Galarian Moltres perched on a branch, greedily devouring one of the Dyna fruits. I heard it had bonded with Admin Bee, but...to see it like this...

It took Aurelie a while to remember what she was doing here and lower her gaze to the base of the tree, where the aforethought admin waited comfortably on the bench. When he gestured for her to join him, she smiled and plopped down beside him, running a hand through her hair.

"It has been a while, hasn't it?" she agreed lightly, turning to face the black-haired admin. "I've been doing well, thank you. Calyrex's commission has been keeping me busy, for sure!

"And I can imagine you must have been busy as well, sir."
She nodded toward the Legendary bird still perched in the tree, piercing another fruit with its sharp beak. "How are you and your new partner getting along? Are you enjoying the avatarship experience so far?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Be On a War Footing (Rocket)

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
glutton
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 0:43:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm glad to hear it." In that, he was genuine. [break][break]

had potential, after all. She'd shown herself to be an asset to ROCKET time and again. Now, the blacksmith had even curried her own favor with a wayward god. CALYREX had solely tasked her, out of all the tale-tellers, to do its bidding.[break][break]

It was a promising thing. wanted to make sure she understood its gravity.[break][break]

"Enjoying?" An amused smile creased his lips at the thought. "Yes, I suppose so. Though we're still acclimating, Moltres and I." [break][break]

The admin's gaze traveled skyward and immediately locked eyes with his patron, as if the titan of a bird had been listening in on their conversation and was expecting the attention. A low, guttural hiss echoed out from deep in its chest; to the untrained ear the sound would seem sinister in nature, but in fact was rather amicable for the Pokémon. [break][break]

Barnaby's smile widened in response. A beat later, he turned back to the woman beside him.[break][break]

"And you? You've caught the eye of quite a special creature yourself." CALYREX was no ordinary Pokémon. Its actions here in their world would likely have lasting ramifications, as they had in that poisoned Galar.[break][break]

"How goes your work in that regard?"

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,014 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
glutton
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 22:19:17 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie jerked her head up, startled, when the Galarian Moltres let out the deep, guttural hissing sound, the hairs on the back of her neck rising at the harsh, fearsome sound. To her, it absolutely sounded like the voice of a predator out for blood, seeking to ravage her flesh—or perhaps her mind, given its psychic powers. It was all she could do not to yelp in fear.

To her surprise—though, a moment later, she realized that she shouldn't have been surprised at all—the admin hardly reacted at all. In fact, if anything, Admin Bee's expression warmed and his eyes brightened as he met his patron's fierce stygian gaze. Taking heart from his calm, Aurelie watched in wonder.

"It seems like you two understand each other pretty well already," she ventured cautiously, when the great Legendary bird made no further ominous noises or moves. "So...this was the Moltres that you saw come out of the Violet Book, right? How long did it take for you to find it?"

There was so much more that Aurelie wanted to ask, but she didn't dare quite yet, not with both their eyes on her. Given the sinister reputation of the Galarian Moltres, though, the fact that it and the admin were seemingly in such accord was rather disturbing. She wondered what powers it had given him.

Can they read each other's thoughts? Do they speak to each other telepathically? the red-haired smith guessed, stealing another glance up at the Dyna tree and its occupant. Can he—oh Arceus—can he set people on fire with his mind now?

The redhead almost missed Admin Bee's question, so dazzled was she by this new thought. It was only when he fell silent that she realized he'd turned the conversation on her. Her mind scrambled to recall the words she'd half-heard a few seconds ago.

"As for me..." Aurelie sighed and looked down briefly at her hands in her lap in bemusement. "If you mean the Calyrex, well, I suppose it liked my stories and my skills. I don't really know why. It's certainly unique to have a Pokemon as a customer, though!

"But that's as far as my bond with this Calyrex goes,"
she went on, frowning slightly. "It's a contract between a craftsman and customer, nothing more, from what I can tell. A rather snoopy customer, too, though not a very communicative one." She shook her head slightly in wry puzzlement.

Aurelie sat up straighter on the bench at the mention of the work itself. "But the commission itself is going well, thank you for asking! There's been a lot of trial and error, because I've never made a saddle before, let alone one from metal.

"The shield has been fun to work on, though! I added spikes to it, so it's been an interesting challenge making sure it's still light and maneuverable. Especially if Calyrex will be using it."

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
glutton
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 23:45:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

What had commented recently? Like calls to like?[break][break]

supposed he and MOLTRES were more kindred flame than not. [break][break]

"Yes, one and the same." The admin replied wryly. "It slipped my lead for months. I'm sure you recall all the trouble Rocket went through to track it down." Many hands had been apart of the hunt, including herself.[break][break]

Looking back, he wondered if MOLTRES had been more aware of the chase — and himself — than he'd first thought. After all, the LEGENDARY BIRD had a clever glint to its eye that spoke to a heightened level of intelligence. Sometimes he swore the thing understood his conversations.[break][break]

Like this one. Talk of CALYREX seemed to have perked its interest.[break][break]

"It's fascinating that Calyrex is commissioning pieces in the first place." [break][break]

What could it mean?[break][break]

"Hm. But you said if it will be using it. Could the saddle or shield be for someone else?"

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,014 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
glutton
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 23:32:53 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]"Yeah, I've never heard of any Pokemon ever commissioning a human to make them anything before," the red-haired smith agreed with candid wonderment in her eye—and perhaps a glint of pride in being the first. "Though I guess Pokemon generally don't talk either, at least not in any language we'd understand."

Her expression turned pensive with recollection as she thought back to the last words it'd spoken to her. "As for who the commission is for... I'm sure that it has to be Calyrex itself. I didn't mean to imply that it might be otherwise.

"After all, its words were, 'Fashion me a saddle of staunch resilience.'"
The red-haired smith recited the words with the ease of someone who'd replayed that speech countless times in her head or aloud in her workshop. "'And forge a shield of formidable might.' So, it seems as though it intends to use the saddle and shield itself in battle."

She shrugged and let out a wry chuckle. "It hasn't said anything more, but it does appear sometimes when I'm forging. Thankfully, it usually stays quite still, so I've been able to measure it for the saddle and shield's proportions. Easier than with some human customers, honestly."

Aurelie paused and tilted her head skyward again to stare up at the Galarian Moltres, still preoccupied with its snack. The sight stilled her usually ready flow of words, and a look of unabashed awe came over her face.

"It's breathtaking," she murmured honestly. "It's hard to believe something so huge, so powerful, so...real just materialized out of the pages of a book."

She drew a sharp breath as the Moltres finished devouring one fruit and immediately turned to pierce the skin of another, juices still dripping off its beak. "And it's so hungry too! Your patron must cost you a fortune in groceries," she chuckled, looking back at Admin Bee.

"Either that, or it just really likes Dyna fruits, I suppose," she added, with a grin that suggested she could hardly blame the Galarian Moltres for having a taste for the succulent-looking ruby-red fruit.

It did pause for a moment, though, when Admin Bee mentioned Calyrex, almost as if the Pokemon's name had somehow piqued its interest.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights