6,002 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[S][C/Illeana] Dust to Dust
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 2:44:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Snacker, in his MEGA EVOLVED form, bounced across the waters of Ever Grande faster than a speedboat, his rear expelling water at such a high speed and volume that he sounded like a roaring marine engine himself. Josh was in heaven, wearing only a pair of goggles to protect his eyes, letting the ferocious wind blow his black hair around into a chaotic mess. No wild Pokémon dared approach Josh, for he was in control of an aquatic apex predator that could tear even a ship to shreds. When it was apparent he was going much too fast to slow down in time, the racer pulled back sharply on his mount's steering fin, the Sharpedo jumping out of the water at an angle. "Yeehaw!" he cried at the peak of the leap, splashing far west of the docks before guiding the shark to a stop at partially submerged docks meant for trainers riding Pokémon.

Once he was certain the high winds had dried his clothes off enough, and that he was on Ever Grande's outskirts far enough that no one would see him, the Champion clicked open Raikou's Poké Ball. The Raging Bolt's thunder-like cry, completely indistinguishable from Swift's, echoed a bit too loudly for his tastes. 's words remained on his mind, though; was this Hoennian Raikou truly special, like the ashen Johto Beast within his RAINBOW FEATHER?

The long-necked electric-type crouched to let Josh climb aboard, riding toward the rear entrance where ' field testing area was located. Surely she would be there... right?

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Raikou        Raging Bolt    Good
Entei         Gouging Fire   Good
Suicune       Walking Wake   Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 21:12:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb illie"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage1"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
who's afraid of little old me? [break]
well, you should be

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

the training fields feel different, as if there's a tension hidden between flecks of spatial matter. she can't dissect it just quite yet - it eludes her in long stretches of silence.

[break][break]

and then, there's a soft shift like the distant roll of thunder somewhere too far to bring rain just yet. it clicks into place and she turns, expectant.

[break][break]

"hey, long time no see."

[break][break]

at her side, a spatial dragon unfurls itself from the ground around her. it opens like a flower, pearlescent pink scales and wings shimmering beneath a quickly fleeting sun. she can feel the lazy tail swishing from palkia before it begins - an extension of herself in the end.

[break][break]

she takes a step forward, eyes rising to the raging bolt's face. it's familiar, much like her own from time spent in area zero's depths. she resists the urge to reach out, to pet it right along its long neck.

[break][break]

"so, what's the occasion? did you have something you wanted to show me?"

[attr="class","oocnotes"] [break]
social - avatar studies.

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".illie"]--accent: #E37474!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #E37474; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,002 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 1:17:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Spacelord's presence was awe-inspiring, even if Josh knew about them ahead of time. The pink dragon was regal, their presence overwhelming to those not regularly in the presence of the gods. While Josh's legendary companion wasn't quite the same, Swift bore equal significance to him.

"You might remember the emails I sent you and about Area Zero, then the one I sent... a week before died," he shed a tear as he undid the latches keeping two Cherish Balls on his belt. Clicking their release switches, next to the Knight of Thunder materialized a Gouging Fire and Walking Wake. "I want to learn more about these three, but we can't exactly use them discreetly. Rocket could be around any corner. That's why I came to you and your testing grounds by your lab. To see what Raikou, Entei, and Suicune -- in their Hoennian forms -- can do."

The Raging Bolt Josh was seated on was the only one wearing a saddle; from the moment they were let out of their Poké Balls, Entei and Suicune were less mild-mannered and well-behaved than their electric counterpart. It looked like they could start sparring at any moment, watching Palkia and Illeana with wary eyes. "And there's one more thing, too. Something else I emailed you about." The scientist may have already been aware of it, a RAINBOW FEATHER prominently pinned to Josh's outfit...

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 16:44:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb illie"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage1"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
who's afraid of little old me? [break]
well, you should be

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

once his explanation is laid out in the open, along with each of the beasts in question, she nods in understanding.

[break][break]

"okay, though i'd caution against calling them hoennian forms... we're still conducting research into their correct origins."

[break][break]

something about their existence, about the area they call home, feels entirely different than anything related to this region. they feel ancient, reminiscent of hisuian pokemon yet not exactly the same. they're a new discovery she's been working on sinking her teeth into, one day at a time.

[break][break]

palkia watches each of the beasts with narrowed eyes. she feels the change in demeanor well before its tail flicks more forcibly at her side. irritation bleeds through the dragon, she notes with a quick glance.

[break][break]

"you can test them against us as long as that's alright with you."

[break][break]

he mentions something else, then, and her eyes drift to the small rainbow feather pinned to the fabric of his outfit. right, she had seen that email. she remembers it well, in fact.

[break][break]

"we can focus on that once these three have been tested."

[break][break]

one thing at a time... easier to digest when the mind is not pulled in several different directions, she reasons.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] [break]
social - avatar studies.

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".illie"]--accent: #E37474!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #E37474; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,002 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 1:19:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
They were the names Josh had come up with for the paradoxes' resemblance to the Beasts he revered. "I haven't heard of them popping up in other regions, though. They look like the Beasts and sound like them. I don't know what else to call them, though," the Johtonian exhaled. "I had the pleasure of riding two of the three Johto Beasts before Kyle passed. The feel is strikingly similar."

The idea of a quick sparring match made Josh smile; he hadn't seen the Alchemist's battle prowess since right after he had become Mauville's Gym Leader. "Long as you two don't overwork yourselves, let's do it. One at a time, though; I don't think I could command more than one of them at once. It takes so much concentration to command a Pokémon like that."

Raikou the Raging Bolt stepped forward, the saddled paradox the first to attempt to impress both of them with his great speed and electric attacks. Before they were to start, one other question came to mind.

"Have you flown with Palkia yet?" Josh asked as he slid down from the long-necked dragon and onto the ground.

{PC: 3}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights