Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON [M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 19:11:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Reaching the moon that stood vigil over Ultra Crater was not the insane feat that it was in other universes. Zev had made the trip several times already, so when his boots hit the lunar soil, he did not look around with wonder. [break][break]

Instead, he scanned the immediate area for threats, either in the form of Ultra Beasts, INGRAINED Megalopolans, or wild Pokémon. [break][break]

"It doesn't look like there's anything here right now," he said to his companion for the trip, Admin . "Still, we should set up some kind of lookout. Golurk, keep watch for us." [break][break]

The massive golem who had brought the men to the moon said nothing. It merely turned to face the horizon, its head swiveling to and fro in a slow sweep. [break][break]

Ahead of them, the Moone Altar sat nestled within a rocky outcropping. Carved into its surface was the same sun symbol Zev had witnessed in another universe, at the top of a tower constructed as a weapon. He started toward the shrine-like structure, tense with anticipation. [break][break]

"Have you had a chance to visit this place yet, Slayte?" he asked Howard without taking his eyes off the symbol.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission (repeat)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,774 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 8:11:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
While ■■■ marched forward, familiar with the surroundings that had bestowed him great power, the admin looked around with a bright-eyed excitement.

"I've not, no. Work does not permit me many expeditions into other worlds these days. Public appearances. Work at headquarters. My schedule is quite cramped." The gears of bureaucracy had to run smoothly, especially with Rocket ramping up their military might in anticipation for what was to come. "But I must thank you for the opportunity."

Especially since Howard had promised the Rocket Beast that he'd look into this dimension. Admittedly, that had been before Howard had been promoted to admin, in which case prior orders had been voided due to the ascension in rank. Nonetheless, he owed ■■■ a debt for his aid at the Ancient Tomb.

It was best to repay it now, before it began to rack up interest. Owing the devil was not ideal.

"This place is a ruin maniac's paradise. I'll have to make time to visit it in the future. Who knows what secrets lie within?" Howard frowned and scratched his chin. "That symbol looks familiar. It reminds me of the one you drew for me a few months prior."

Back when ■■■ had proclaimed his disdain for this universe. Fun times.

Alongside the Golurk, Howard's Claydol joined their entourage. A mediocre company, but Howard suspected that any threat that came their way could be crushed by his colleague. For once, Regice was noticeably absent.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 15:17:28 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's eyes fell upon the symbol Howard mentioned. He nodded, gravely serious. His own excitement was tempered by the memory of his encounter with the DRK Triad in that other universe and the revelations shared with him. [break][break]

"I didn't get a good look at it the last time I was here," he said. He hung back, however, instead gesturing for the other man to take a closer look for himself. "A Tapu Bulu attacked my wife and I when we arrived, and then when she played the flute it left behind after we chased it off, that door opened." [break][break]

He pointed at the large, circular construction high above them. [break][break]

"It summoned a Lunala. The same one that showed up during the Darkest Day." [break][break]

Reports had mentioned 's appearance and how his Lunala had aided in the fight against Necrozma. Perhaps that was why, despite being injured, the celestial bat became enraged when it laid eyes on Zev.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission (repeat)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,774 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 7:15:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
■■■ had a wife?

Damn. Sucked to be her.

"Yeah, I know the Lunala. Valerio's, right? I've been doing my homework." If there was anything that could be said about Admin Fox, the man was committed to his research. Rocket's archives held much information that the League had not made public, and it was a historian's delight. "I was wondering when you'd chase it..."

The admin stopped and adjusted his hat, his voice thoughtful. There was a meticulous method to analyzing the ruins. Each element was inspected, chronicled, and remembered. ■■■ absorbed light, Howard absorbed the memories of the world.

"...and if Necrozma remembered." He dangled the tidbit, knowing that each fact he doled out kept him safe. He could not control Necrozma or its chosen, nor did he want to. Howard simply wanted to live.

Surviving was far easier if you threw the unleashed dog a bone.

"Do either of you have the flute? I'd like to study it if possible."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 15:49:40 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"We remember," Zev confirmed, his eyes still on the circular door built into the rock face. Through the psychic bond with Necrozma, he felt the pain of its injuries from the battle against Lunala, minor as it was in the face of greater existential agony. "We remember well." [break][break]

Mention of the flute drew Zev back to the present moment. Turning his gaze upon Howard, he shook his head. [break][break]

"No. It vanished after Nenet played a note. If we drew out the Tapu Bulu again, we might be able to obtain another one, but I don't feel any strong presence around here today." [break][break]

Which was a pity. On one hand, another encounter could have provided more answers. But on the other hand, they could take their time investigating without imminent danger. [break][break]

Zev stepped up closer to peer at the symbols. "Do any of these look similar to anything we have on Hoenn?" he asked the admin.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission (repeat)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,774 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 17:37:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Nenet? That must've been the wife. The name felt familiar. Hadn't he seen it when adding to Rocket's whitelist on Grigori's behalf? Realistically, Howard tried to remember all the grunts of note, but there were too many to list, and far too much to be done.

Some names would simply have to be forgotten. For now.

"I bet you do." Occasionally, he had wished the influx of Dynergy had killed the Rocket Beast. ■■■ struck Howard as the type of man to limit his vices, but how could one man not get drunk on the power of the divine? "Before the Darkest Day, Lunala and Necrozma fought in Slateport. I wasn't there, but I've read the reports."

Lunala and its swarm of Nihilego had gotten the alien god pretty good. If the bat had killed the prism, Howard's life would've been far easier. He'd have less of a certain ex-Avatar and ■■■ running around.

"Pity. I'll look into the flute." Fighting Tapu Bulu? If hell froze, maybe. "The make of the ruin is familiar, but do not mistake that for similarity with another construct in our world. Stonemasonry is a universal language."

Life flit across her surface, but the land's language was one understood by all. Rock and stone was the same.

"I'm going to assume that you restrained yourself and didn't kill the Lunala. What, did it fly off?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 11:32:31 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Howard had a point about the stone. Still, the more Zev stared at it, the more similar it looked to the tower he'd seen in the other world. But before he could voice those thoughts, Howard made another comment about the Lunala. [break][break]

"Nenet didn't want to kill it. In fact, I'm certain she wants to capture it for study," Zev replied, his fingertips skimming lightly over the symbols close at hand. "We tried subduing it and healing its wounds, but it did end up flying off." [break][break]

Mild frustration colored his last words. He dropped his hand from the face of the altar and looked around. [break][break]

"This place drew Lunala to it with some kind of beacon, so there must be some connection. Maybe it's a place of power for it, like how Mt. Chimney was with Moltres." Zev recalled the footage he'd taken with last year, revealing how the magma rejuvenated the legendary bird.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission (repeat)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,774 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 7:29:10 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The admin snorted in amusement.

"What? Did you think that healing wounds you inflicted would make it magically forget its contempt for Necrozma? You should've thrashed it harder, within an inch of its life if need be." Flick. A lighter flame ignited as Howard lit himself a cigarette. Its influence was a calming pillar of support against Howard's colleague.

"Can't win them all, I suppose. Don't make the same mistake again."

Howard had little faith in Lunala's ability to coexist with Necrozma on a personal level. There was too much hatred there. Too much callousness. Howard's claim was rough and violent, but there was no other way than to capture it by force. and his influence could not repair an eternal grudge.

"Mt. Chimney isn't the best example, but it'll serve." A drag accompanied a dull red glow. "You mentioned a flute? It's likely part of a ritual. A ritual that Lunala remembers. Perhaps it was born here."

Mt. Chimney was the cradle of life within Hoenn. It wasn't that Mt. Chimney was Moltres's lifeline, but instead that many entities owed their lives to the warmth and heat that magma offered.

An exhale. Another drag.

"You still smoke?" He pulled another cancer stick from the box and offered it to the devil. "Got a question for you."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 11:48:31 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev did not need to explain himself to the likes of . Nenet had wanted to help the Lunala, not hurt it, so healing it had been their best tactic. Thrashing it within an inch of its life, on the other hand, would have certainly earned Zev her ire. [break][break]

"It wasn't a complete failure," he pointed out instead, taking the cigarette from Howard. But instead of leaning forward to let the other man light it, Zev took his own lighter out of his own pocket. [break][break]

Flame flickered to life in his hand. Briefly, he thought about supping on it, but used it to light his cigarette instead. After all, he'd recently dined on much stronger light. A tiny flame was no comparison. [break][break]

"Ask."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission (repeat)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights