Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,842 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Infernal Question [S]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 21:40:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm glad you're done chasing birds. I've been listening to reruns of The Bee's Knees since you left Sootopolis, and I must confess that I prefer the genuine article to the recording."

The scribble of a signature, the rustle of paper scraping against a folder, the click of a stapler. An anthem for the unending march of work that never truly ended as Howard looked up from his desk. Behind him, a map of Hoenn showed various safe houses, supply routes, and, most recently, Hoenn's five authentic Power Spots that supplied Rocket with Dynite Ore and Wishing Stars.

Admin Fox had been busy. Moving to Dewford had been quite the hustle, especially under Rocket's nose.

"How did it go?" A complete skeleton of an Amaura stood next to Barnaby's seat like a sentinel, protecting the admin from harm. Which admin, Howard didn't know. "Well, I assume. You're not dead."

It would've been better if Barnaby had died, but still.

"I assume it was pretty hot. Literally."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Infernal Question [S]
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 21:21:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"How sweet. You missed the sound of my voice that much?" Twirling a pen he'd swiped from 's desk in his hand, Barnaby's demeanor appeared relaxed as he leaned into the chair opposite Admin Fox. [break][break]

"Surprising, though. can be quite grating, can't he?"[break][break]

From where he sat, Admin Bee could take in the entire room, stuffy artifacts and all, but his cobalt eyes remained trained on his fellow ROCKET.[break][break]

"Anyway, you should know better, Howard." He'd been around long enough by this point. "The chase never ends."[break][break]

Their organization was never quite sated, after all.[break][break]

"It went well. But Moltres is just one of many. I'm sure I'll be called out again soon." [break][break]

Perhaps that made two of them.[break][break]

The pen in Barnaby's hand stilled.[break][break]

"I hear you've been keeping busy while I've been away."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span:hover]filter:none;transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,842 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Infernal Question [S]
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:48:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Ha." His laugh was as dry as a desert as he gave his senior colleague a look. Wordlessly, the admin shuffled through a desk drawer before finding the correct one. "Fuck you."

Thud. A thick stack of papers up to Barnaby's head slammed onto the desk.

"I've been keeping busy with your work. I've gotten through a good chunk of it, but since you're back, I offer it unto you. A gift for taming Galarian Moltres to our cause." Not that Barnaby was wrong. There was always something else to capture. There was always another thing to allocate. There was always another thing to place firmly in Rocket's grasp.

Galarian Moltres was just the beginning. Howard's eye lingered on 's Regi Statue. Three eyes glimmered in its socket, while two remained dull.

If Rocket wanted to acquire more resources, than Howard would oblige.

"The chase never ends." He agreed warmly. "What's next? Any word on Zapdos?"

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Infernal Question [S]
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 14:30:30 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The teasing smile on ’s face faltered at the sight of the monumental mass of paperwork. [break][break]

How thoughtful of you.” Though this statement was spoken through a rather sarcastic lens, the next words to leave the admin’s lips were more sincere. “Really, Howard. I appreciate you picking up the slack.”[break][break]

And that was a genuine sentiment. In many ways, was an incredible asset to ROCKET. He was hardworking, earnest, intelligent — all hallmarks of a commendable leader. [break][break]

Some, however, were too smart for their own good.[break][break]

We’ve caught sightings here and there.” Barnaby continued with a sigh, the elbow of his left arm propped on the edge of Admin Fox’s desk as he plopped his jaw into an open palm.[break][break]

It’s an impressive beast, actually. Did you know the thing can even run on water?” Unlike its Kantoan counterpart, Galarian ZAPDOS was built to sprint, not fly. In some ways it made the LEGENDARY BIRD harder to track.[break][break]

There’s rumors it’s traveled as far as Dewford.” After a beat, he added, “You wouldn’t happen to have seen it, would you?"[break][break]

The corners of Howard’s office darkened as Barnaby asked the question, though it was an almost imperceivable change unless one was paying attention.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,842 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Infernal Question [S]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 8:01:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Immediately, the room's atmosphere soured as emotions curdled and soured. Barnaby's tone had barely changed after he coated his question with barbs.

"Dewford, huh?" Howard plucked a paper out from Barnaby's pile. He gave it a glimpse. Nothing but schemes meant to destabilize public confidence in the Pokemon League. Old reports on the Galarian Birds, now outdated, and several new hires that would be integrated into Barnaby's arm of the organization. "Haven't seen it, no."

While his tone hadn't changed, sweat trickled down the back of Howard's neck as he rushed through the implications of the question.

How did Barnaby know? Was Howard being followed? Likely, but why was the admin mentioning it now? Was this due to Galarian Moltres, or the admin's own curiosity? Questions within questions within questions. Rocket was a nesting doll with schemes within schemes, and Howard was not talented enough to outmaneuver the admin's questioning.

He loathed playing politics within this organization.

"I'll let you know if I see it." Howard leaned back in his chair. The lengthening of shadows in the office's corners went unnoticed for the time being. "I haven't logged my move to Dewford, yet. You're having me followed, Barnaby?"

Ironic warmth dripped from Howard's voice.

"I thought we were close."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Infernal Question [S]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 13:25:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

We are.” Barnaby assured almost immediately, his eyebrows scrunching in concern.[break][break]

Which is why I’ve kept this between us.” No underbosses or even himself were aware of ’s little trysts to Dewford Town. Not yet, anyway. “I’m concerned you’ve bit off more than you can chew. That’s all.” [break][break]

Depending on how Howard responded in the next few minutes, he could either be running his entire reputation into the ground or solidifying ’s confidence in him. Only time would tell.[break][break]

You know, Dewford is an especially interesting choice. I doubt you’re there for the beaches.” The admin mused, his cobalt gaze drifting to the looming AMAURA skeleton beside him.[break][break]

The rift, perhaps? Or the Power Spot on Route 105? I suppose that’s somewhat nearby. Or maybe...” His eyes slid to the map of Hoenn pinned to the wall behind , landing on Dewford Town for a moment, before they lowered to meet Admin Fox’s singular eye.[break][break]

The sheriff?, a thorn in ROCKET’s side. “Oh, wait, sorry. Michael’s moved up in the world now, hasn’t he? Elite Four, is that right?”[break][break]

Straightening up, Barnaby’s arms folded together as he leaned into his side of the desk.[break][break]

Subtly, the darkness continued to lengthen.[break][break]

Tell me everything, Howard.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights