6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Emotional Support Wildchild [Mission w/ Josh]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 2:39:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Sarulf took a big chomp out of the treat Ettie handed him, coughing and choking for a few seconds but was okay afterward. It seemed his appetite was bigger than his common sense.

Ettie was right; Josh had one of the largest Pokémon collections in all of Hoenn. All of them were big, too. Ne could provide reliable transporation for the League's entire upper personnel, Gym Leaders forward, if it came down to it. His dream of a mounted task force could well come true when the war really kicked into high gear. "Exactly. One way or another, we'll get Swift ready before Rocket comes."

Smiling for the first time since Ettie visited him, Josh gratefully accepted the wild child's offer. "Tell you what. Once I'm out of here and through some rehab... play-fight at my Gym?" he offered, trying to use the same language she did.

{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Mastema       Togekiss       Good
Sarulf        Rockruff       Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
650 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 2:57:20 GMT
Ettie Avatar
As Sarulf coughed, Ettie would pat his back to help him dislodge the stuck food. "Easy," She gently chided - though she soothingly pet him as well. "Slow, small bites, is easier." To help encourage this, she'd pull out another treat - taking the time to break it into smaller pieces for him.

But, at the mention of a play-fight, Ettie perked up - eyes lighting up not only at the notion of getting to spend time with a friend, but also that Josh used the same terms that she did! "Mhmm! Can play-fight lots!" Ettie spoke with a bright smile, although...

... "Ettie... Wanna play-fight, to be stronger?" She spoke after a moment, her voice a little quiet, as her smile gradually drooped. Her thoughts drifted back to the week spent, in the Prismatic Penitentiary. "Don't... Don't wanna be hurt again. Don't wanna be scared again." She didn't want to feel quite so weak and alone again...

Sympathetically, Cassie gently stroked her head - and she'd tilt her head into the Primarina's touch. And she, in turn, would pet at Sarulf's head - to soothe herself just as much as to keep him at ease.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 0:39:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Sarulf did as Ettie asked, not inhaling the treat in one gulp this time. He not only had less trouble with the sweet, but seemed to enjoy it more, too!

The mixed emotions were like what Josh felt, too. "I completely feel you there," he answered, making a gesture with his good arm like he would pat his friend on the shoulder if it weren't for his physical condition. "I don't want to fight and get stronger to hurt people. I want to be able to protect people."

It was like the day Josh had beaten to within an inch of her life. His true strength manifested itself when he was angry. If he could control that anger, like once advised him, there would be little that could stop him. To be angry at the right people. If he were to direct his anger at the wrong people, he would wind up in the same situation he was in.

And there would be no third chances.

"To make Swift strong, and to make myself strong."

{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Mastema       Togekiss       Good
Sarulf        Rockruff       Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
650 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 14:15:42 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Ettie smiled gently, even if a bit sadly, at the gesture - the sentiment appreciated. "Pack protects pack," She spoke in an agreeing voice, nodding her head. Looking after one's kin, and being looked after in turn. That was the meaning of a pack, was it not?

But it had been so easy, to simply suddenly be whisked away. How reliable was that safety, if she couldn't look after herself on her own? Ettie frowns to herself. She doesn't know if she really wants to think about that. But then again, there are a lot of things nowadays that she doesn't really want to think about.

For now, she simply scoots closer to Josh's bedside, snugging Sarulf closer as he enjoys his treat, continuing to pet the pup. This one would grow up a good packmate for Josh, for sure.

And next to her, Yip would settle in as well - the Smeargle happy to have a little snugglepile going, even if it was only a pile of three.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,836 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 7:18:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven