Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
2,256 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
DARK MITOCHONDRIA [UDS - HTC]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 21:39:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
There were a dozen things that Howard could say. A dozen excuses he could give.

He could remind Cillian that he was the reason that the underboss and his husband had made it down here to begin with. He could tell him about the mountains of supplies that he brought to the organization from his mining operations. He could point at the obscene amount of profits that Rocket had made since his promotion.

But he suspected that was right, and that Howard Slayte was easily replaced. His seat would be empty, but it could be filled before his corpse was cold.

That was looking to be very soon.

"Because..." He gagged and choked as he stared into the abyss. "...you're a monster. You're not the kid getting his degree in Kanto anymore, Cillian."

Had that boy been swallowed up by Kanto too? In the fires of war, lengthy shadows raged against flickering embers. They lengthened and shrunk based on the intensity of the blaze, but they never fully vanished.

"Of course I ran."

The helmet came off with a thunk. It rolled for a moment, before landing at Tempest's foot. The burning gaze did not subside. The Harbinger's rage was not quelled. The monster demanded its pound of flesh.

Why shouldn't Cillian kill him? The admin's eye met the gaze of the void. He stared at it, and it stared back.

"Because I was honest with you."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 1:41:44 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

could lust for that pound of flesh all he wanted. This time, he would not be the one taking it.[break][break]

Friendly, kind, approachable Tempest Quinn. An paradox in the upper brass of Rocket. A strange man many questioned if he should even be titled Beast. Tempest Quinn did not have the powerful aura of . He did not have the brutality of . The cleverness of . The ingenuity of . The charisma of . Tempest was efficient in his job. He was steadfast. But wasn't that every Beast? His only saving grace, it seemed, was a warm smile and seemingly soft demeanor.[break][break]

might suspect. Might know of the reports to cross his desk on Tempest's work.[break][break]

But Howard would be one of the few to see first hand why Tempest Quinn was a Beast.[break][break]

As Howard stared down the man he claimed to be a monster, the Hoyeon man's demeanor changed. A hand touched Cillian's shoulder, gentle at first. Then a quick squeeze, pulling Cillian back and off of Howard.[break][break]

Only so he could grab for his throat himself.[break][break]

"What," Is snarled out, voice low and deep and rumbling with killing intent. Tempest squeezes hard, harder than Cillian had, cutting off air and sure to leave bruises. "did you just call my husband?"[break][break]

It's like a dark shadow of his own sits on Tempest's face. Brown eyes sharp and lethal and he they bore into the Admin's face. His face is a twisted lion's snarl. He bares down, pushing his weight onto the smaller man's delicate throat.[break][break]

Because Tempest Quinn is a psychopath who hides it well.[break][break]

And it was just very lucky for Rocket (and very unlucky for Howard at that moment) that he was obsessed with devouring Cillian Quinn.
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 temp sygna and cil sygna hehe

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
Giving up a part of me, I've let myself become you.
awards
8,201 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 2:09:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Only a MONSTER could love a man like Cillian.[break][break]

How fortunate he was, then, to have found one.[break][break]

The chain had not snapped before, when Temp had pilfered the Nihilego egg. No. It is not until the very moment the word monster leaves 's lips that the chain holding back the Beast breaks.[break][break]

Kanto sees the living shadow pause in his assault. A memory struggles to surface.[break][break]

A hand rests on a shoulder made of shadow, of void.[break][break]

That same hand has rubbed Cillian's back when he was sick. Held his hand while he cried. Bore a ring that announced their matrimony to the world. And that hand meets no resistance from the demon it entreats.[break][break]

Claws retract from Howard's throat, but it is no mercy.[break][break]

Void-lit eyes watch as Temp's human hands fit the groves left by claws and crush.[break][break]

He laughs. It is a low, terrible sound that echoes in distortion. Yet that laugh, that spark of genuine delight, is enough to slice through the darkness. To touch the heart of the man beneath the monster, and return clarity to him in the shine of golden eyes.[break][break]

Cillian blinks as though waking from a daydream.[break][break]

The SHADOW HOLD stops Howard from slipping his fate, from fighting back. Temp could kill him, and they'd be rid of another potentially defective cog in Rocket's machine. But for all its risk of damage, that cog increased the efficiency of that machine.[break][break]

"He has had enough, I think."[break][break]

SHADOWS retract from Howard to embrace Temp in their umbral HOLD. They coax him back from the brink, firm and insistent but not harmful, as Cillian takes a step toward his would-be prey.[break][break]

"You cannot outrun Rocket, . You should not have tried."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
PROMPTS: 01, 26, 32, 38[break]
Shadow moves used: 3/3

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
2,256 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 2:51:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He fell to the ground, gasping and wheezing. As gauntleted hands grasped at the fleshy floor below, the admin saw naught of muscle and meat, but instead the floor of a bar in Sootopolis that Tempest had taken him to upon their joint promotion, half a year ago.

It was not a shock that Tempest Quinn was a snarling dog. That was part of the description of his duty. It was the empathy and joy he took from spending time with his colleagues. It was the illusion that Tempest and Cillian Quinn were two different beasts, when in truth the only thing that separated them was rank and divine patronage.

Still, a death by human hands was far preferable to being devoured by the conceptualized manifestation of the monster under the bed.

As he grubbed upon the floor, Howard was simply happy to be alive.

"You two... you're..." Insane? Everyone knew that. It didn't matter. Cillian had been with the organization for years, who would Howard blab to? The underboss had done nothing wrong, and the admin wasn't particularly liked. He was just a cog that improved the gears around him. "I..."

Then, the monster laughed. He laughed. HE LAUGHED.

Howard Slayte was not a proud man. Far from it. He took solace in his work and did the best that he could within the job that he was given. Yet being locked in prison changed a man, and being forced to endure the humiliation of his peers for a week had left a scar on the admin's soul.

"I never ran. I had every opportunity, but I didn't." Howard's voice was a whisper. "I never ran. I was loyal."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 15:29:36 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Pulling.[break][break]

tugs and Tempest feels the snapped thread mend in his chest. His husband's laughter, however off and discordant that it was, smooths over the ruffled fur he had become. Hands removed from 's throat, Tempest sits back on his haunches. Slowly, surely, the more docile parts come back to the surface. Tempest cocks his head and stares at Howard with something like concern; guiltless concern, as if he wasn't the one who was just helping choke the life from him.[break][break]

"We're perfect for each other." Tempest finishes Howard's lost words, a threat hidden coiled in the spaces between each word like a snake.[break][break]

There was once a time when Tempest would have been a great hero. Sitting on the E4, fighting Rocket with his whole heart, doing good for everyone around him- but Cillian Quinn had poisoned that well long ago. The monster he had grown inside of Tempest with careful touches and sweet love was vicious and terrible.[break][break]

A monster for a monster.[break][break]

Standing again, Tempest picks up Howard's lost helmet as he rises. It's outstretched between them, almost like an offering of peace.[break][break]

"We should probably push forward or go back." Tempest's eyes flick over to Cillian, resting on the shadowed claws.
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 temp sygna and cil sygna hehe

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
Giving up a part of me, I've let myself become you.
awards
8,201 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 17:08:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Shadows retract in gentle whispers.[break][break]

"Monsters," says Cillian softly. "We know."[break][break]

Cillian shakes his head when babbles excuses. Did he not understand what it was he'd done?[break][break]

"Just now. You ran from me." Cillian was Rocket. There were few more loyal. And while he could almost excuse the panic at being confronted with a monster... Cillian's eyes narrow. "And you abandoned my husband. He could have died."[break][break]

Though details swim in a haze of fury, Cillian remembers the words. I don't want to die. Let me out.[break][break]

Cillian's claws flex. He studies the swirling shadow where his arm should be, looking up only when assesses the path forward. The Harbinger blinks without pattern, as though only occasionally remembering he should. Temp offers Howard the helmet.[break][break]

Cillian offers a clawed hand.[break][break]

"We are on the same side, are we not?"[break][break]

His other hand gestures toward puddles of gelatin. "Back," says the underboss decisively. "I don't think I could do that again." He can feel his strength flagging, the exhaustion setting in. Powerful, not limitless.[break][break]

Besides, their Sygna Suits were damaged or deactivated.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
PROMPTS: 01, 26, 32, 38[break]
Shadow moves used: 3/3

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,256 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 18:02:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He looked at the offered helmet. The admin's quivering gaze was reflected in its multifaceted surface, reflecting what Howard already knew. He was a human in a den of monsters.

"You two..." Howard's gaze turned from the offered helmet to the outstretched hand. "...are perfect for one another."

It was the only curse he could bestow unto them. He took Cillian's hand and rose to face the monster. He took his helmet and looked at it. When had he turned in his hat—his sense of adventure—in for this helmet of steel, meant to hide his identity from his foes? It was the ultimate form of cowardice. If he was truly committed to Rocket, he would've marched forward with no need to hide his identity.

In that sense, he was no less committed than half of Rocket, scurrying in the dark with obscured faces.

"I ran because I wanted to live. Not because I wanted to die." Hiss. The helmet clicked into its appropriate place. Damaged mechanisms fused the helmet and armor together. would need to take another look at it, when they got back. "I'm still here. I didn't take Regice and run to the League, like my predecessor."

The admin turned away and led them from the cave.

"I am not ."

They were on the same side, because to choose any other side was to die.

"Come.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay