Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 18:25:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

After so many days locked inside the depths of an alien prison, a return to normalcy — morning light filtering through a bedroom window, asleep beside him — was such a stark, sobering thing to experience.[break][break]

Their return to his Sootopolis home the previous night had been a whirlwind reunion fueled by the heady rush that came with defying death yet again. But now, in the quiet of this early hour, there was no triumphant overflow of emotion to stifle the suspicions that had been rattling around in 's mind for some time now.[break][break]

Without waking the woman beside him, Barnaby quietly rose from his bed and entered the bathroom.[break][break]

The only illumination within the room came from a small nightlight in the corner. But it was enough. He didn't bother turning on the rest. Instead, he braced himself on the sink's edge with both hands and inspected the dark reflection in front of him. To his surprise, Barnaby found that he did not recognize the person looking back at him in the mirror. [break][break]

No mask. Hollow eyes. Blank expression. Remnants of healed injuries that lingered on the skin like cracks in the patina. A bare scalp, absent of hair but with scars to show the unsteady hand that had turned him...[break][break]

Ugly.[break][break]

Darkness smoldered at the edges of the room. It flared with his indignant anger, eased as he processed the swell of emotions attached to everything that had transpired within that damned penitentiary. And, eventually, coalesced into swathes of stygian flames that engulfed his entire body.[break][break]

Where once would have feared such a thing, there was a comfort now in knowing the shadows would never — could never — leave him. They were constant, an ingrained part of him, unlike everything else in his life.[break][break]

Unlike everyone else.[break][break]

When the darkness ebbed and pulled away, an illusion was revealed to hide the unfamiliar man in the mirror. Admin Bee was returned from his imprisonment, hair restored, blemishes gone, facade repaired at its most superficial. [break][break]

Admin Bee went to make breakfast for himself and . Admin Bee prepared bread, butter, eggs, ham. Nothing too sweet — possibly never again. Admin Bee was sick of it. The taste of mochi still clung to the insides of his mouth. Admin Bee wasn't sure if it would ever go away.[break][break]

Admin Bee set their plates down on the dining table just as Elisabeth slipped out of the bedroom.[break][break]

Admin Bee sat across from her.[break][break]

Admin Bee watched as she took her first bite.[break][break]

Admin Bee did not partake himself.[break][break]

Admin Bee wanted to see how long it would take for her to notice.[break][break]

Admin Bee doubted she ever would.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span:hover]filter:none;transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
wilt
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 2:41:54 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

He'd never turned away from the ugliness he'd seen inside her, and because of that, she hadn't shied away from the ugliness of him.[break][break]

That first night of freedom had tasted black with nightmares, tangled in sheets and shadows as they unleashed dark desires long suppressed in their isolation. She dreamed of terrible things she didn't want to name -- masked horrors, smothering sweetness, and a screaming futility that met a wall of cruel indifference.[break][break]

She awakened to bruises she half-remembered enduring, a hand delicately reaching for her collarbone to trace the angry memory of the previous night. A robe wrapped around her shoulders, erasing the evidence of how violently they'd celebrated the end of their imprisonment, and it ghosted around her body as she searched for the man who'd left her.[break][break]

He'd never cooked for her before.[break][break]

"You look well, mon oiseau," she murmured, meeting his gaze with a curiosity she left unvoiced.[break][break]

Perhaps she'd imagined the severity of his wounds; she hadn't thought so, but her mind had played tricks on her before. Agonizing moments of silence fell, and the fork dangled from her hand, uncertain, before she began to eat.[break][break]

Her body should have been starving after all it had suffered, but her appetite had dwindled to nothing. It was as if she'd forgotten what it was to need to eat.[break][break]

"I didn't know you could cook." The attempt at conversation came out stilted and awkward, painful in its sincerity. "I hadn't expected a man of your station to be so skilled in it."[break][break]

A weak smile tried to return the mood to something familiar--something gentle and warm. She'd ached for that the most, during all those days lost to misery.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 19:55:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Warmth and gentle comforts with had long since left his mind. Those indulgences had been stripped within that poisoned prison they'd shared and remained there, as far as Barnaby was concerned. [break][break]

Now there was only quiet resentment, unease, suspicion. He'd thought he had a strong hold on her after all these years, but perhaps his tether had been too lax. Other men had snuck in in the meantime, it seemed.[break][break]

"You're the only person I can trust." [break][break]

Darkness smoldered at the edges of the room as he echoed her words.[break][break]

"I don't want to burden you."[break][break]

The shadows flared with increasing intensity as he continued, at odds with how calmly he was reciting the declarations she'd offered him not all that long ago. [break][break]

"I don't want to hurt you."[break][break]

As he spoke, his cobalt gaze never left her verdant green, though it lacked the comforting familiarity she was used to. [break][break]

"I believed you, you know, Elisabeth."[break][break]

Pausing there, silence followed for an unsettling span of time. He wanted to watch the confusion, the scrambling for understanding, the likely panic that she felt upon hearing his cold, despondent tone.[break][break]

But she wouldn't be left hanging for too long. was tired of keeping this to himself, after all.[break][break]

"Why does know of my existence? Not the journalist—"[break][break]

He sighed, heavy with a mixture of exhaustion and bitter betrayal.[break][break]

"That 'fucker' Bee."

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 21:51:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her smile vanished. This place wasn't a prison, but in a matter of seconds, it ceased to be anything remotely like a home.[break][break]

Dread crept up on her as Barnaby recited her own promises aloud. Stripped of their devotion, he levied them as indictments against her character, each an empty and childish platitude. Even the smallest shadows writhed as he spoke, alive with an emotion she recognized all too well as spite.[break][break]

Panic surged up inside her, paralyzed like a Deerling in headlights as she tensed in anticipation of punishment.[break][break]

She had done something. Of course she had. It was always her that disappointed the ones she loved, somehow, in some way. Her mind replayed the endless possibilities over and over, frantic, as she tried to recall the sin she'd committed.[break][break]

Was it ? Did Barnaby know what Tapu Fini had done to him and continued to do to him, even now?[break][break]

Her throat constricted with shame at her secrecy, desperate to confess and make things right again between them.[break][break]

"Bee..." she began to say, but stopped. The audacity of speaking only inflamed the shadows further.[break][break]

"Why does know of my existence?"[break][break]

Had she ever noticed how truly cold his eyes were--how they cut like ice, piercing in their cobalt glare? She didn't recognize this man, or maybe she simply didn't want to.[break][break]

"You don't understand," she tried again, but no, she already knew the problem wasn't that. It was that he'd decided he understood. He'd already condemned her, and nothing she said would change his mind.[break][break]

That didn't stop her from trying.[break][break]

"Matias had me followed, Barnaby. The man was obsessive and wild with jealousy, convinced I wasn't faithful to him." The desperation of her plea had nothing to do with the Elite Four, and everything to do with the chilly reception of the man opposite her. "He doesn't know your face. That I swear to you."[break][break]

Her fear amplified suddenly, ignited by an unexpected source as the second half of what he'd said dawned on her.[break][break]

"That fucker, Bee."[break][break]

"Did... did he hurt you because of me?" she whispered, face stricken with concern as a hand tenderly reached for him. "He promised me he wouldn't--"[break][break]

Her slip of the tongue went unnoticed, until it was too late to be unsaid.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 23:33:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"He promised?" repeated through a bitter bark of a laugh, astounded by her overwhelming naiveté. [break]
"Of course he did. Of course..."[break][break]

He shook his head, closed his eyes, pinched the bridge of his nose in a bid to rein in his frustrations with her. The room had darkened in the interim, sapped of the warm morning light that had been there minutes before.[break][break]

"So we're taking the word of an unhinged lunatic now?" Every word was punctuated with accusation and exasperation.[break][break]

"He lied, Elisabeth. You have to know that." How could she have ever trusted anything said by someone like ? "Don't worry, though. He hasn't hurt me — yet." [break][break]

levied with a hard stare.[break][break]

"But I'm sure he'll try. He's rather relentless when he puts his mind to something, isn't he?" Obsessive and wild, as she'd said herself. "And I can't exactly put out to subdue his insanity like you did, can I?"[break][break]

With finality he declared, "You've put a target on my back."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 0:17:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The cruel laughter stunned her briefly silent, even as a thousand protests rose to the fore. Her hand retracted from him as fingers curled into a fist. Nails dug into her shaking palm, threatening to break skin.[break][break]

"I don't recall you having any complaints when it was my life on the line."[break][break]

Far from it. had goaded her into making the most of the Elite Four's attention, seeming almost gleeful at its implications. He'd delighted in her reluctance to speak of those encounters, finding it amusing to hear of how Groudon's Avatar threw himself at an underboss who'd never love him.[break][break]

Had he ever understood the real and present danger he'd encouraged her to face? Hadn't he realized that 's knowledge ensured she had no choice but to reenter the Pyroar's den and subject herself to that insanity?[break][break]

"You underestimated the 'buffoon' as much as I did," she snapped, eyes narrowing. "When your identity was discovered, there was no unopening that Pandora's Box. So I said I'd spare his precious Champion if he likewise abandoned his pursuit of you."[break][break]

She closed her eyes, inhaling deeply as despair settled in her bones. What use was that promise now, though? was dead, and it was her fault. Matias could kill without remorse, if he truly wished to.[break][break]

"The Red Shard was meant to kill him," she said finally, emerald eyes blinking open as her voice broke. " was supposed to die, and you were supposed to be safe."[break][break]

A sharp, bitter laugh jumped out from her throat as she shook her head, tousled blonde curls shifting with the movement. Her lips twisted into a smile that was nothing but teeth.[break][break]

"Don't fret, though. I'm sure he's more interested in killing the woman who betrayed him and caused the death of the person he cherished most in the world."[break][break]

Sleeping with a man like that didn't make him docile. It made her an object of his obsession, one that he was liable to harm at any moment in time.[break][break]

She'd never had the luxury of evading his interest.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 2:36:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

watched with chilling apathy as retracted her hand, increasing the divide forming between them. [break][break]

He even ignored Elisa's jab about her life being on the line — after all, it had been her mission, her duty to ROCKET. But she'd fucked it up in the process. That was on her.[break][break]

"And how was my identity discovered in the first place? Hm?" It was all too coincidental. The timing too suspicious. She had to have had a hand in it in some way, even if it hadn't been malicious.[break][break]

At the mention of dying — of her failure to see her mission through — replied with a cold, "But he didn't, did he? And now look where we are."[break][break]

Barely discernable in the darkness was a quivering, curled ball on the nearby living room couch: Pepin, Barnaby's EEVEE, frightened by the conflict unfolding before him.[break][break]

"Don't fret, though. I'm sure he's more interested in killing the woman who betrayed him and caused the death of the person he cherished most in the world."[break][break]

"Fuck, Elisabeth! Stop trying to deflect from what you've done." He countered in a raised voiced, slamming his hands onto the table as he rose from his seat. "Take responsibility."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 4:37:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Why bother defending myself? You're already playing my judge, jury, and executioner."[break][break]

The sound of his fist slamming against the table only heightened her fury, doing little to silence her petulant outburst. An angry red flush suffused her features as she stood in turn, her robe swirling around her as she stood to face him.[break][break]

The shadows encroached on her like inky fingers that sought to stain the white fabric of her chemise black.[break][break]

"Do you want me to grovel? Is that it?" she demanded, her voice rising to a shrill decibel. In the distance, Pepin shivered and quaked before their darkening quarrel. "If you wish me to shoulder all the blame, fine, so be it. What then, Admin Bee?"[break][break]

"He holds no gratitude for what we've done for him," an insidious thought hissed inside her mind. "We surrendered unto HIM all our undying loyalty, and yet he DENIES US in a moment."[break][break]

A wordless despondency took hold of her, unvoiced but nonetheless palpable as her crestfallen face turned to meet him. He'd never seemed so beautiful and terrible as he did now, looming before her like an angel of divine judgment.[break][break]

Mere hours before, she'd been cradled in his arms, safe and tucked away from all the horrors of the waking world. Had he lied to her, then?[break][break]

Had he been lying to her all this time, as Édouard had?[break][break]

Her anger froze, its tumult of surging emotion quelled into a panicked stasis. No. No, that was an unhelpful thought. One she couldn't bear to entertain a moment longer.[break][break]

was different. Those two men were different. She knew better now.[break][break]

She lifted her chin, straining to hold onto whatever remained of her dignity as she choked back a sob. The invisible thorns that surrounded her heart sharpened, tightening their hold as she strangled her guilt.[break][break]

"I tire of this holier-than-thou drivel. If you wish to punish me, then simply do so."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 19:32:55 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

She talked of punishment and blame, but it was all so derisive, so unapologetic. Part of him knew that this was her natural defense mechanism, but that didn't make it any less frustrating to deal with.[break][break]

"My life is in danger and all you care about is getting caught in your deception. Look at how petulantly you're acting," He shot back, his tone having cooled to a tempered simmer.[break][break]

"Were you even going to tell me about your little pact? Or just hope that kept his word?"[break][break]

came to mind. Of all people, he'd been the one to have Barnaby's back. He'd been the one to communicate the odd happenings during their battle in Area Zero. Not . [break][break]

"No, I suppose you weren't..." Shaking his head again, stepped away from the table and turned his back on Elisabeth. [break][break]

"I trusted you. I opened my heart to you."[break][break]

She had said the same to him once, but now he wasn't so sure.[break][break]

"Leave." Suddenly, the shadows receded and light returned to the room. "I'll have your things sent to you. Both here and in Mauville." [break][break]

Her toothbrush, the nightgown she wore when she stayed over, and many other small items representative of those whose lives had intertwined over the years.[break][break]

"I..." He appeared pained as he continued, more quietly, "I need time, Elisabeth. Please go."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 5:17:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Leave."[break][break]

There was that uneasy feeling again -- the one she'd known when Celebi pulled her away from this reality to witness another.[break][break]

This same scene had played out so many times before. In dim rooms, sometimes. Behind closed doors, always. Often she had found herself kneeling on the ground, begging to the point of tears and clutching at a rosy-tinged youth that faded more with each passing day.[break][break]

Echoes of old conversations carried back to her, shameful in their desperation and their unabashed longing:[break][break]

"Please, please don't do this."[break][break]

"I didn't mean it. I never meant to hurt you."
[break]

"What can I do? Tell me, I beg of you. I'll do anything."[break][break]

"Please, won't you at least speak with me?"
[break]

"Édouard, stop, you're hurting me--!"[break][break]

The darkness abruptly receded, like curtains drawn back to deny the shadows of the past. She blinked, startled by the influx of light in the room, and released a breath she'd scarcely known she'd been holding. Belatedly she noticed her hands trembling at the hollow of her throat, lingering there for reasons she didn't comprehend herself.[break][break]

It was so easy to be erased. For all people spoke of loyalty, it was nothing unusual to be discarded and forgotten.[break][break]

The sting of it never stopped hurting, though, no matter how you tried to numb yourself to it. Loneliness haunted you whether you wanted it to or not.[break][break]

"This is exactly the outcome Matias wanted." The truth tasted bitter and sharp on her tongue. Tears threatened at the corners of her eyes, but she fought them back. It was a fight she wasn't certain she'd win. "No, I didn't intend to tell you. I thought I could protect you on my own. I thought I..."[break][break]

Her voice trailed off, lost to his indifference. It didn't matter what she'd thought, did it?[break][break]

Shame, not pride, had kept her quiet. That cowardice filled her now with disgust and self-loathing, making her body and mind a prison worse than that penitentiary ever had been.[break][break]

"Leave," he'd demanded. It'd be wisest to do as he asked.[break][break]

Listlessly, she shambled away from him towards the door. This, too, was familiar. Those early days of sobbing and hysterics had eventually ebbed and faded, dulling to a numbness that left her hollow and doll-like.[break][break]

The scorned rage would come later, unearthed from the rot of its suppression. For now, it was buried beneath too much sorrow to dig it out.[break][break]

She should have known better than to look back.[break][break]

She should have known better than to turn around and speak.[break][break]

"I love you," she whispered, for the first and what might be the last time. "Whatever you believe, Barnaby, I... have always loved you."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2024 21:48:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

I love you.
[break]

had no words for her in that moment. Only bitter indignation at her audacity.[break][break]

Why now?
[break]

His face contorted into a wounded grimace and his eyes appeared glassy with emotion. [break][break]

How could she?
[break]

This would be her final affront. To claim love just to cling onto something she herself had destroyed — it was unconscionable. Despicable. And, to , so unsurprising. The weak always used love as a crutch.[break][break]

With a deep, dour exhale, 's shoulders sagged as he turned away from her to climb the stairs back to his bedroom, Pepin the EEVEE following worriedly at his heels.[break][break]

was left alone to see herself out.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2024 22:36:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Nothing. Her confession meant nothing to him.[break][break]

All this time, she'd been nothing to him.[break][break]

Last night returned to her in a hazy collage of entwined bodies. Her eyes dimmed, fingers tracing the vicious bite marks on her skin. She'd been just a body to him, something to be enjoyed and exploited until it was ultimately discarded.[break][break]

It explained things, didn't it? It explained why he'd been so willing to enjoy her warmth that night, only to cast her out coldly in the light of day. If he'd been truly wounded by her actions, wouldn't he never have--?[break][break]

"And yet, isn't that something we'd do to punish the one we love?"[break][break]

"Are we not both the Scorned and the Vindictive?"
[break]

If he had loved her how she loved him, then he might seek revenge by the same means as her, too.[break][break]

Was that a fitting punishment, then? To be rejected the way she'd rejected others in her desperation to avoid the pain of it herself? Had she not done the same to , to , and even ?[break][break]

She glanced over to her coat by the doorway, thrown there the previous night in their haste to the bedroom. Shrugging off the gossamer robe, she abandoned it to the floor -- one more casualty of this romance gone wrong -- and wrapped her jacket around herself. A hand reached for a Pokeball, retrieving a Butterfree that had helped her escape many misfortunes like this one.[break][break]

Several seconds passed as she hesitated in his foyer. It occurred to her that she'd been waiting for him to change his mind. Some part of her, some stupid loyal dumb animal chained inside of her, expected him to descend those stairs and apologize for all he'd said.[break][break]

How childish. Of course he wouldn't.[break][break]

Men never did.[break][break]

Disgusted with her own naivete, she closed her eyes and bid the Butterfree's TELEPORT to whisk her away. In moments she returned to a small, cramped apartment that was claustrophobic with its own loneliness. It was a cell in its own right.[break][break]

At least it was a prison she had learned to call a home.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 18:05:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The mask crumbled before he even reached the door to his bedroom. Scars returned, hair receded — the illusion faded just as quickly as the pained expression he’d used to hurt .[break][break]

What remained was a man laid bare. Devoid of the emotion seen only moments earlier. And so, so tired. [break][break]

But there was still work to be done. [break][break]

Sitting at the edge of his bed, Pepin curled at his hip, brought his phone to his ear and waited for to answer.[break][break]

Theo,”[break][break]

Silence hung in the air for a beat — enough time for Barnaby to compose a longing tone of voice.[break][break]

...I need to see you.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wilt
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 19:11:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven