Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 3:50:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Now is their chance. This is their last stand, the last opportunity they have to attack. Stormy's strategy had always been to use brute force - and clearly this was not the battle for that. [break][break]

But there's a veil of clarity, a moment of truth. [break][break]

The hail stops for just a moment, and that moment is all they need to prove that they aren't as useless as this battle has made them look. In the horrible weather conditions, unfavorable to both of them, Stormy's Pokemon are at a severe disadvantage. Neither them nor their trainer could see through the storm.[break][break]

But right now, they could.[break][break]

"Apollo, Mudsdale! Go for it!"[break][break]

Stormy shouts, taking a step forward. Apollo lunges forward, practically prancing as he eats up the ground with an

agility

into

fire blast

. Mudsdale is hot on his heels, using the momentum from a

bulldoze

to help him keep up. But he aims to take down the Froslass, the creature responsible for this icy hell on earth. [break][break]

Fire eats up the ground underneath Apollo, giving Mudsdale enough ground to keep pace a hairs-breadth behind him. Together, they intend to take the Froslass with

fire blast

and

high horsepower

before they, too, will ultimately crumble to their defeat.[break][break]

They can already feel the hail begin to pick up again, and Mudsdale and Apollo can feel the pain of someone chasing them, that haunting, creepy, dreadful feeling that makes them want to slow down, to stop, to give in to their fear.[break][break]

But they won't, because they are Stormy's Pokemon, and Stormy has never given up on anything in her life.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:08:07 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

The banette cackles, he will not let them touch her. Not with ease.

The moment they begin to move the haunting shadows begin to reach and cling and pull at their hooves, large ghostly hands seeking to find purchase in between the flames that lick and the ground and try to make a pathway to their target. Where they cannot take hold another emerges to try again and again, reach further up their legs to find a way to stop them, or slow them, hoping to soften the blow.

She uses double team and she will not stop, she can't stop, moving and moving and moving again because for just a moment the pokemon is terrified. Terrified of the fire that will singe at her icy body and creep in to steal her cold away. Terrified of how it will take her and melt her away.

The flames lick at her, echoes, lick at the icy frame beneath them, offset only by her evasiveness, built up over the course of the battle until she slips between the sparks as the hail falls again. Her cloak finds purchase on her surface again and she won't let them touch her she'll buy her dear friend time.

Because now is a moment of truth, she need not attack further only outlast them with the rest of her strength.

>>banette uses shadow sneak to attack and pull at the horses, trying to stop them!
>>Froslass uses double team to further her evasion, running from the fire moves because scurry

[Hail] in effect! [2/5]
[Hail] activates Froslass' [Storm cloak]! Snow cloak modifier in effect!
Frosslass stats: +++++ to evasion!
[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:21:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Something pulls at their legs, tugs them backwards, trips them up. It's exhausting and still they push through, fighting with every last bit of strength they have left. They won't stop. They can't, it's not in their nature.[break][break]

Both stallions breaths come hot and heavy as they power through, eating the ground beneath them. Eventually, Mudsdale falls. He's unable to keep up and eventually he stumbles on some ice and crashes. He does not get back up.[break][break]

Apollo falls not long after, the Froslass too fast and the Banette too determined. He can't fight something that doesn't maintain a physical form. It's too confusing and aggravating. [break][break]

"That's enough, Apollo."[break][break]

Her command comes at last, and he stops. His legs tremble and his head hands low. The cold stings his lungs and he coughs and wheezes, unable to move any longer. He's given this battle everything he could and yet he hadn't been successful. He hadn't proven anything to Stormy other than that she was weak in this instance.[break][break]

How humiliating.[break][break]

Stormy sighs, returning her fallen Mudsdale. The moment the stallion leaves, Apollo crashes to the ground and trembles, eyes closing as he lets himself escape the battle.[break][break]

The storm continues to beat at his body, and yet Stormy doesn't return him. He wouldn't forgive her if she did. Instead, Stormy braves the storm herself as she makes her way forward to approach Isra on the other side.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:29:33 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

They fall, Isra watches with a steady gaze and she thinks that perhaps it was simply a lack of experience with tactics like that of her pokemon. It was only a matter of time but she sees potential in the pair and how under other circumstances, they would have dominated the field. Her pokemon could easily be overbearing against a pair less garnered for the kind of Finesse her's was.

Isra whistles sharp, and the Froslass comes into focus, pulling back on the chill and the hail, letting the storm temper out but it won't dissipate entirely. No it must run its course once its summoned but she sees no point in leaving it full on. The ghosts meet somewhere amidst the light hail it becomes, almost more like a summer rain now in the heat of the springs.

Stormy's approach attracts her attention. "I can't say I'm sorry, some lessons are better learned the hard way." what little solace she could offer, because she saw nothing wrong with the way the battle went. In many cases it was just the course of things but social niceties compelled her to be some sort of awkward humble about it.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:37:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy tilts her head curiously at the curtness she thinks she detects in Isra's tone. The woman reaches for her belt, unclipping a shiny new badge. She flips it around over and over in her palm as she comes to a halt before her friend.[break][break]

"Sorry for what? Kicking my ass? I'm not offended in the slightest, Isra!"[break][break]

The woman giggles as she presses the badge into Isra's cold hand, curling her fingers around the object before pulling back. She places a hand on her hip and smiles softly.[break][break]

"That was an exhilarating battle - the sweat froze on my face and stuff.. but it was still intense. I've never battled ghosts before, so it was quite the eye-opener to see what they're capable of. It makes me wonder what sorta potential my Doublade's got."[break][break]

She begins to pull frozen chunks of ice from her hair methodically as she glances at her Rapidash, who is grumpily sitting in the middle of the field waiting for the storm to end.[break][break]

"You're a strong battler, Isra. Tickle me impressed!"[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:48:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"That's why I can't say I am, but I'm sure there is some social compulsion out there that would paint me an asshole for not saying something." or perhaps its just her experiences, Isra can be surprisingly cold for a woman who is so talkative and comes across so friendly. There's a hint of a grin in her tone as she watches the young woman place the trinket in her palm, leaving the badge for her to add to the other on her shoulder bag. The strap will one day be adorned with them, because she thinks it traditional to display them somehow.

"Thank you, your own have a fair amount of potential, they just need time and experience with more opponents perhaps." she offers, because she thinks it true. They weren't without their abilities, it was just a bad match up.

"Perhaps you should have them battle that doublade of yours a time or two and find out for yourself." later of course, the horses were worn down and tired, her ice queen was ready to be done with the fiery field herself. The battle had been fought well enough to leave Isra satisfied with her victory.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:53:10 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"Save the formalities for Fernando. He's a lot more uptight about social settings than I am."[break][break]

Stormy winks and shrugs, appearing genuinely unaffected by her loss. A younger, more reckless Stormy might have been annoyed and frustrated by it all - but she had grown past that weakness of hers. She was a gym leader, and she had done her job well.[break][break]

"Yes, they do have a lot of potential. I'm proud of how hard they fight for me."[break][break]

She smiles fondly at her sleeping Rapidash, and she's reminded then of the fight she'd put up just to catch him all those years ago as a teen.[break][break]

"Take care, okay? And don't be a stranger."[break][break]

With a wave, she turns to leave and attend to her Rapidash.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:59:49 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She thinks that Stormy has begun to grow into herself, and for a moment Isra is hit by a rare bout of jealousy. Despite how well composed and all her own the woman tends to be it is a confidence in herself she has never felt the same way. Her abilities sure, her personality?

It is nothing more than a patchwork quilt draped over a makeshift heart that desperately tries to beat itself alive to no avail. For a moment, she wonders how the woman has managed to find herself in such short order.

"I will try." she says, voice intentionally even as she turns to leave. She returns her ghosts to their balls, not wanting them to bear the heat as she does. She does not need them seeing the sadness on her face as she leaves.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 5:13:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy, & 5x lucky letters.
[break]