6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Reconstruction [M]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 20:55:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Navy's revelation made Josh even more confused. "I was in the shield, not the sword... so how did you... know what my sword looked like?" The howl made Josh's muscles tense, compelling even him to sit at "attention", his electric blade awkwardly in his left hand. Even Swift bowed out of reverence of the howl, mirroring Josh's awe. Once the Zacian's howl ceased its hold over him, Swift returned the howl with a thunderous roar of his own, as to communicate to Zacian that they were allies.

"I hope you and your Patron get along," Josh continued, his face decidedly more worried. "That you work together rather than against one another. I've seen too many lives on both sides of the aisle ruined because of it." Including one of his best friend's lives; unbeknownst to him, Lars' Patron had departed him, now working for the League more discreetly. "Funny, isn't it?" he asked as Aleph, the Type: Null, galloped toward Josh from the beachfront. "Funny that I once wanted to be an Avatar like you. And now, after seeing what Avatarship's done to people, I don't know if I'd be able to accept even if Swift offered me one. Because... Navy... I adore Swift the way he is."

The Type: Null reached Josh, having dragged back a Sharpedo that was terrorizing the workers and Pokémon by one of Dewford's ports. "Aleph... you've grown so strong..." the Champion trailed off, amazed that the enigmatic Pokémon could find something productive to do in a largely noncombat operation. Were they growing closer to one another?

{PC: 8}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,967 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Reconstruction [M]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 0:49:29 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

He opens his lips to speak, but they shut as the Null approaches. Though he’s had the opportunity to partner with one, he’s never taken up that mantle. He remembers the Three Days War, and how they turned upon and so many others. There is no such thing as an intrinsically evil Pokemon save Eternatus, but he prefers to hedge his bets.[break][break]
When he sees that Josh’s friend, who he presumes is named Aleph, means them no harm, he relaxes. Turning back to Josh, he speaks words he knows he will have to say many times in the days to come.[break][break]
I don’t think about it like that, man. Avatarship. Patrons. Legends. Zacian’s not a god. Raikou’s a god. Moltres or Ho-oh, they’re gods. Zacian…”[break][break]
He sees her as she was, there at the end, in his mind’s eye. He sees an old woman, her body barely holding together. One arm’s missing, her ear’s been torn off. Scars line her inside and out. Yet still, she held her sword. She held it ‘til it turned to rust. Zaria, called Cyan by her brother, went to her rest. Somewhere along the way, the myth of Zacian sprouted. She was nameless, all through the ages, until the memory of an old king breathed life and myth into existence with but a name.[break][break]
…she’s just someone who realized she could make a difference. I don’t think you’ll get it, but we’re partners. I do things she can’t do, I do things she can’t do. She yells at me if I smoke cigars, I tell her about old movies. You wanna know how I could project your sword, Josh?”[break][break]
He leans in, serious, putting his hand on the younger champion’s shoulder.[break][break]
It’s because, in that other world, you were a hero, and that’s all I need to know. I think you can be one here, too.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Reconstruction [M]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 23:48:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Avatarships seemed to come in all shapes and sizes. Some Patrons were symbiotic with their Avatars. Others dominated their Avatars. The way Navy described his was unlike any other relationship between Patron and Avatar he had heard of. "So... what you're saying is... Zacian isn't a god, just a Pokémon that's very special to you." the Gym Leader replied, exhaling. "...Am I close? Because that's how I feel about Swift. There's something about him that makes him feel... not divine, which is the vibe I get from a number of Patrons. It's like he's not a real Raikou... but Raikou exactly as I've wanted him to be."

Josh was a hero. Not as grandiose as , , or were, but he was Mauville's everyday hero. A hero to every person he rescued from Hoenn's wilds. A hero to every Pokémon and person traumatized by Rockets he had captured with Law Enforcement's help. "You're absolutely right. My heroic acts don't affect as many people as yours do, but that doesn't matter. I don't need Hoenn to sing of my accolades. I don't need to fight like you do. Not in the same way you do. The sword I wield against Rocket is not this one, but a sword of intelligence. One of guardianship. Making sure the wartime infirmaries are stocked with Potion and Revive to get the wounded back on their feet and fighting again."

Josh excelled at speed, but speed alone would not win him battles. had beaten that into his head, both during the Champion Assessment and outside it. With Kyogre prowling the seas and carrying widespread storm clouds with it, the Champion could deliver supplies anywhere in eastern Hoenn via lightning strike.

Once he was out of rehab, that would be exactly how League supplies would be delivered in the field.

"But I have to watch my health for now," Josh sighed, giving his Type: Null a gentle pat. "So I can be as strong as possible when the war breaks out. Once I'm through rehab, though... Rocket won't know what hit them. Raikou's the god of speed for a reason."

Bladestorm screeched toward the younger chicks nearby before taking off once more, making a beeline to the far east side of the island. "I do want to get Swift some better combat experience. What would you say to setting up an appointment to spar with one of the legendary Pokémon the League keeps?" he proposed.

{PC: 9}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,967 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
Reconstruction [M]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 6:00:43 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

She’s special to me the way Hattori, or Roland, or Vortigern, or Shuwen are special.Or Ironsides. He thinks sadly. At least his children live. They grow. They cry out their pleasure at the simple joy of being alive.[break][break]
We went on one hell of a journey together.” And learned something about themselves in the process. It breaks his heart, thinking of that trip, and the times they shared. He wishes he could go back, but the past must stay in the past. Hoenn needs him, and he wrote his own epilogue.[break][break]
I’ll pull some strings and get Keldeo or Mew sent here. I ain’t leaving the island right now unless there’s a compelling reason for me to do so. Keldeo…poor little guy, he needs someone to help him get his groove back.” He looks off to the work going on in town. His stomach growls. There’s still plenty of places to grab a bite to eat.[break][break]
Well, let’s go get something to eat and get to work. Arceus knows Pokemon work harder when their trainer’s around.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Reconstruction [M]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 1:29:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"And Swift is special to me the way Raikiri, Saber, Blitz, and my other electric Pokémon are. Swift may be a Beast of legend, but I couldn't have met him without Saber." The Manectric helped him through the worst of times and basked in the spotlight alongside him in the best of times. It was a Pokémon he saved for his toughest challengers: the ones with many Badges. There were so many things he wanted to do when his arm was at full strength again. He wanted to compare Saber's speed to Swift's when it was augmented by his Sygna Suit. He wanted a challenger to drop by his Gym with a legendary Pokémon so that he could race his Raikou. Most importantly, though, he wanted to practice making deliveries by lightning strike.

For that would be how he would deliver supplies and information from one side of the battlefield to the other in seconds.

"If you can do that, I'd love it. Keldeo and Mew both sounds like fantastic opponents for Swift," Josh nodded in agreement, grateful that Navy had such sway and trust with the League. "From what little I saw of him, he's incredibly fast. I wonder if Keldeo would enjoy racing Swift?" he speculated before Navy cut him short. "Sounds good. We can pick this up over a meal. You know of any good sports bars in Dewford? I'm not down here often enough to pay attention."

{PC: 9}
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Reconstruction [M]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 17:10:30 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven