awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 18:35:41 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]At the request to meet with him, Montgomery wandered to the bar where he'd first met . A number of weeks had gone by since he had an actual discussion with the sheriff, not to mention a brief couple of days in May that he'd seemingly vanished without a trace.

With the oncoming war looming over head, he needed to ensure the details of Dewford and Hoenn's safety, as well as ask Navy what happened.

There were rumors throughout the League channels of the sheriff encountering a beast of legend: ZACIAN. If that were true, Montgomery wondered what her presence would bring to the department or if they'd regard her in any way.

It was too much for one mind to handle.

Entering the bar, Montgomery slipped into the seat he'd sat in when Navy had hired him, waiting for the sheriff to show. His foot tapped the floor, seemingly anxious, as he waited for him.

[attr="class","montytag"] | before the first wave
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 20:11:51 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HOLY DIVER YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Zacian’s legend begins to spread, as it should. Untold stories might as well be dead stories, sitting unattended on a shelf. For every soul in Dewford and Hoenn beyond singing her praises, the more she settles into the role of a hero in the minds of the masses.[break][break]
She is the first to tell her Warrior that war is coming for Hoenn. He must make ready, and muster what forces he has. Dewford must play its part in the coming conflict. So, he decides to meet Montgomery, who has quickly proven himself an excellent deputy, and discuss what comes next for them both.[break][break]
Accompanying him are two Skarmories. Hovering closer to him is one named Tiny. For now, Tiny fits his name. The chicks are barely the size of Pidgies. Only their glowing blue wings mark the birds as special. They bask in the same blue light as Ascalon, sword of promised victory, blade of heroes.[break][break]
Both swoop into the bar as soon as the sheriff steps inside. When the barman sees who has walked in, the cry of protest dies upon his lips. Instead, he pours a cup of mead and readies it for the sheriff. Sitting at the bar, both chicks stay close. Tiny’s sibling, as yet unnamed, eyes Montgomery curiously.[break][break]
Good to see ya, Montgomery. Appreciate you sticking to the town like glue after Regice went on his rampage.” Which, he thinks, is too impersonal. Navy strives to be more than an employer. “How’ve you been?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
when it's time to shoot, quit yappin'
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 21:52:00 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]His voice is what pulled Montgomery away from his thoughts, turning his head away from barkeep and offering a smile. He was pleased to see that he was doing fine from the rampage on their small town, but if he looked closely, apprehension and concern was still palpable behind his features.

He offered him a slap on the shoulder, nodding. "Well, it's the least I could do while ya took the brunt of the force. After all, it's my duty." There was a dry laugh from his lips before he decided to address one of the numerous COPPERAJAHS in the room.

"Who are these little guys? They don't look like normal SKARMORY chicks," Montgomery pointed out, noticing the distinct blue tint upon their wings. There was a certain glow to them as well.

"Busy is an understatement. Ya weren't kiddin' when you said this place needed some protectin'." Montgomery waved his hand to the bartender, a mead of his own pushed his way.

"So... can I ask ya straight: what happened?"

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 10:50:10 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

HOLY DIVER YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

What happened? I’ll tell you, but it’s not easy to talk about.” It’s a matter of such severity that Navy takes his hat off, placing it upon the bar. He looks older, feels wearier, and there’s a gash along the length of his skull where he took a grievous injury last year. He wonders where he should even begin.[break][break]
Rocket attacked. I trusted y’all, and I had a good idea what they were after. Called out I was going into the Deep Sea. One of their admins was in Eternatus’s core, that place I showed you at the far end. We fought. The tera crystals started actin’ up at the wrong moment. Zacian, the wolf that’s makin’ the mountain outside of town all misty, showed up to help me. We ended up fallin’ into a dream together.”[break][break]
He laughs a dry laugh and drinks his mead. Tiny lands on the bar and pokes his head into the cup. Navy doesn’t shoo him away.[break][break]
What must have been an hour or two for you guys was three months for me. I had to go all across Galar. Zacian n’ me got mighty close. By the time we got out, we made each other a promise: we’d see this, this whole war, through to the very end together. I’m a man who keeps my word, so we came back. We fought Regice with a bunch of help. Rocket n’ me saw eye to eye on this: there was no point in killin’ each other. Not when my people were dead, not when theirs were injured. So, they left.”[break][break]
Another drink. This time, he nods at the birds.[break][break]
All I know is that their feathers glow like somethin’ else I know.” They’re more or less alone in the bar. Even if they weren’t, what he means to show Montgomery is something that’s been all over the news.[break][break]
Ascalon appears in his hand, glowing with the gentle blue light of promised victory. Both chicks light up, their feathers glowing with that selfsame light. They chirp excitedly and the sheriff smiles. Ascalon disappears.[break][break]
We found these guys in a nest in the rubble, where there shouldn’t have been a nest. I…had a Skarmory, once upon a time. Ironsides. He died fighting. His last feather’s what Ascalon’s made out of.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 3:09:06 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery watched as the sheriff removed his own hat, setting it on the bar top. He definitely looked different than the last time he'd seen him. It was as if he'd gone through one war already.

In a way, he supposed Navy had.

While he spoke, Montgomery was quiet. Whether it was out of respect for the suffering and "three months" trek he'd gone through or because of how truly insane the story sounded, it was up to Navy to decide. In the end, he'd find himself idly stroking at the metallic feathers of the unnamed SKARMORY chick, who let out a crooing noise of pleasure.

"So that's what the chaos was about. It was REGICE..." Montgomery muttered, noting that in his head. He didn't know or realize that this was connected to . But Navy was setting up a path for his deputy to discover who the legend belonged to and why they did it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be more help for you." Even though he had managed to keep most of the crime in Dewford and the surrounding area from exploding in Navy's absence, Montgomery couldn't help but feel a bit of guilt that he hadn't been there to help defend the town from REGICE. "I shoulda been there."

Torn from his pity party, his brows rose as he revealed it: ASCALON. The same blue the chicks donned glowed from the blade. If it wasn't in front of him, he'd be sure that it was something from a story book.

"How'd they survive? Or... appear?" The unnamed chick clicked its metallic feet against the bar top, hopping beside its nestmate.

Montgomery reached for one specific Pokemon, his own SKARMORY. He held his ball in his hand, before looking back at Navy. "Wanna take a breather outside?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 6:25:44 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Sure. Think Boss here wouldn’t be mad if I took the Skarmory chicks out of his bar.” The barman has the grace to smile. After Ascalon disappears from Navy’s hand, returning to the aether, it seems a much more genuine smile. Kicking up, he downs his tankard, wipes his beard, and sets off back outside. The breeze feels nice. Summer’s upon them, and with it is the promise of warmth.[break][break]
Don’t blame yourself for not bein’ there. Nobody can be everywhere at once. Arceus knows havin’ you around helps a ton, man.” People walking by see Navy and Montgomery talk. The people of this town, folk as warm as Hoenn’s summers, wave at them and smile. They’re good folk, even if the rest of the region pays them no mind.[break][break]
As for these kids, I dunno. We just found ‘em.” Tiny lands on Navy’s shoulder. Skarmories grow up fast. In a few short months, the baby bird will be big enough to ride. For now, Navy strokes the chick under his beak and it smiles up at him. “Can’t deny they’re pretty, huh?”[break][break]
Navy’s eyes drift up to the mountain at the center of the island. Since the battle, mists have covered its expanse. The mist serves as a warning to Rocket: the island has a new protector. Come at their own peril.[break][break]
The war’s probably ‘bout to kick off. You’re a cop, not a soldier, but the League needs all the help it can get. You gonna stay here and protect Dewford or are you going to volunteer for the Sootopolis assault?

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 22:15:57 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery tipped his chin back, downing the rest of the drink in one go and sliding the pint away. He hopped down from the chair and followed Navy outside, a fresh wave of heat hitting him in the face. He tilted his hat on his head, ensuring that the rays from the sun weren't striking his face.

He leaned against the wall of the building, right beside a "NO LOITERING" sign. He was the cops, so who cared?

"Well, if I can shoulder some burden, I'm glad to." His hand slipped into his pocket, reaching for a cigarette and his lighter. "You're the first person to put faith in me. I gotta repay my dues somehow, Navy."

But, Montgomery did have to admit, seeing these people happy, instead of terrified and cowering in his presence, was a nice change of pace. It was a drastic change from Driftveil and Unova as a whole.

Reaching for his side again, Montgomery grabbed his Poke ball holding his own SKARMORY, releasing it alongside the chicks. At first, the grown bird appeared confused, looking over the two ILLUMINA chicks with wary eyes.

"It's almost like ya have a shiny. But ya don't. I ain't never seen something like that before." His bird leaned down, tapping its metallic beak against the chick's. The chick tapped his feet on the ground excitedly.

"The war, hmm..." Tapping away some of the ash from his cigarette, Montgomery regarded the mountain as Navy did. "I wasn't sure what to do. On one hand, the League needs all the hands it can get. But these people... they need protectin' too." He glanced at Navy. "If we can ensure a defense around the city, I'll join the front."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 6:09:30 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Shinies?” His eyes fall upon Tiny, who flicks his wings excitedly at the much larger Skarmory. The baby bird smiles and his wings begin to glow once more. He and his sibling are both happy for the company of one of their own in the absence of a parent.[break][break]
These guys’re a little different. Shinies just look pretty. Illumina Pokemon, well…” He’s reminded of the limits of his own vocabulary. A man with more education than him could explain all the important details, like the abundance of infinity energy or how they can use light to their advantage. “…they’re stronger for one. Their light’s good for playin’ tricks on people. Plus, shiny Skarmory ain’t much to look at.” Navy’s only ever seen photos online. Given how the birds are made of metal, he thinks a man might have better luck painting one.[break][break]
Anyway, you’re right. The folk in this region, especially in the cities that’re gonna be on the frontlines, need all the help they can get. I lived in Slateport, back when Rocket first showed up. One day, everything was fine. The next? Bam. We’re in a warzone. Every gym leader in the region got killed or sacked in one day. Elite Four went missing. Chaos in every direction.”[break][break]
And there he was, with a little brother to defend and only a Skarmory to do it.[break][break]
You ever fought in a war, Montgomery? It’s scary as hell.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 22:27:05 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery's SKARMORY leaned down to greet Tiny, nudging the little bird with his beak as he had done to his brother. Then, he decided to settle on the ground beside them, as if he was nesting with them. He'd never seen his Pokemon so careful and friendly to other Pokemon before.

SKARMORY had been war-hardened, battle ready, thanks to Unova. Seeing him in this light... it was a blessed sight.

His gaze trailed away from the sheriff as he recounted his time in Unova. He wouldn't consider himself a soldier, nor would he say that he'd been in a true war before. But, Rocket had always fought the League, and that much was true back home. There was too much blood on his hands for him to consider himself distant from the tides of war.

"Not a war that yer thinkin', no. But, I've always been in some sort of battle. Whether it was takin' down Leaguers or followin' my command's orders, battles are somethin' that I know too well."

He was familiar with the kiss of death. Montgomery had been the angel of death for many people, ready to sweep away their souls from the earth and bury them into the ground. Bullets, bombs, Pokmeon screaming, and people dying...

"What you describe is familiar to me. But this time, I want to be on the right side of history." He turned this time, looking at his sheriff. "I need to be someone's hero and not their killer."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 3:41:56 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

And that,” he says with the weight of one who knows both sides well, “is enough. I won’t be your commanding officer when a fight breaks out, but do me a favor. If you can keep from killing the Rockets, do so. They deserve a fair shot at being better, even if that just means starring at the inside of a jail cell for the rest of their lives.” Only death shuts that door fully, as both these men know too well.[break][break]
’Course, if you gotta kill, and they won’t stand down, do it. Just…” He deflates, looking out at the blue sea. Even now, small icebergs sit off shore, reminders of a hyperborean age. “…there’s been too much death already. My brother died, the day Sootopolis got taken.” He died thinking he was doing a just thing, fighting to save a city besieged by Rocket. Right and wrong don’t matter once you’re in the grave.[break][break]
Not that the brass would agree with that order.The only good Rocket is a dead Rocket is a dangerous path to start down, and one he refuses to walk. At least the Skarmories distract him from such grim thoughts. Tiny nuzzles against the much larger bird and sits content as he never has since his nest was discovered.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 0:57:42 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Navy's request was met with a heavy silence. Montgomery put the cigarette between his lips, relishing the burning addiction of nicotine that was surely destroying the cells of his lungs. The puff of smoke that he blew out was intertwined with a heavy sigh, as though he were accepting his fate.

"I'll try my best," he said. It was better to give him this answer than to break a promise. He thought back for a moment when the Rocket grunt he had encountered shot him in the woods.

Montgomery had no hesitated to put a bullet in his skull when he threatened 's life. He wondered if Navy would consider that death justifiable. There was an aching shame that washed over him, however briefly, as he threw the cigarette on the ground and stomped the embers out.

"I'm sorry for your loss." It made him think of his parents, though the memory was fleeting. "Did you always think like that? That we should give 'em a chance?"

He had to think he did, if he was giving Montgomery a chance.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 1:20:30 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

I’m a bad man, Montgomery.” Though he does not answer the question directly, in those words he bares for the other the truth of his soul. “Zar- Zacian, she says I’m some hero. Plenty of people ‘round this town would agree. Hell…” He strokes his beard, pacing, eyes focused on nothing and everything, the whole world beheld by the eyes of a vicious thing tempered by kindness.[break][break]
When I was younger, I hurt people. Killed some. Smuggled ‘em. Most of this I’d bet the HBIC knows, or they would if they really cared to look into what my old detective agency did. I did it for my little brother. Life ain’t easy when you’re born poor. Sometimes you don’t have much of a choice but to be bad so someone else doesn’t gotta be. You wake up one day, and…” He sighs, and he stops pacing. He faces Montgomery with the haunted face of two beings trapped in one vessel, a container at war with itself.[break][break]
Gabe didn’t see it that way. He called me Navy, talked about me like I was a hero. He died thinking I was one. If I’d died, right then when he did, that idea he had of me, it wouldn’t be real. I just…” It is hard for him, talking like this. Being truly, wholly honest with himself, especially with someone besides . “…all you are, in that moment when you die, is all those decisions that brought you to that point. Everything you do leads you to the place where you die. Now, I can’t do much, but I can do this: I can not close the door for people if I can help it. Maybe that’s wrong. Hell, maybe it makes me real stupid, cause there’s plenty of Rockets who don’t wanna change.”[break][break]
He thinks of , clad in stained glass wounds that shape her into a monster. , collared by loyalty to a false flag, and , whose world is black and white with hatred for a system that failed him. He doubts any of them would change. It is his duty to fight these people, to bring them to justice…[break][break]
But for every Elisabeth, there is an walking a thankless road lined with briars.[break][break]
But I ain’t a judge.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 2:49:23 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery released a hefty, barking laugh. It wasn't to dismiss his words, but he found it ironic that made such a claim.

"Navy. You hired an ex-Rocket as your fuckin' deputy. You ain't the only bad man in the world," he pointed out, crossing his arms across his chest as he regarded him from the corner of his eye.

He sighed, though a twisting smirk still stayed on his lips. "We do stupid shit for the ones we care about. You won't be the first, and you won't be the last. How do ya think I ended up with the gangsters and Rocket back home?"

However, Navy did have a point. Montgomery hadn't considered how many other people may be doing crime for the same reason he had. "We're selfish creatures. We wanna see the world in black and white. In reality, there's all sorts of grays in between. I understand what you mean. That don't mean we're always the ones in the right either, though, does it?" he asked.

League individuals who wanted to see destruction just as much as Rocket did existed, hidden under the armor of patriotism and loyalty. "If you 'n me can save even one person, it'll be worth it. Ya kept the door open for this fool."

He turned his gaze back to the SKARMORIES, who seemed to have settled together in a sort of make-shift nest. "What are ya gonna do with them?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 10:45:36 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Whatever they wanna do.” His answer is simple, augmented with a shrug. “All kids leave home someday. They’ll find people they wanna bond with and they’ll stick close to ‘em. Nothin’ wrong with that.” Even if the thought makes him pensive, the same way striking out on her own made him pensive when she made that call.[break][break]
Seems like that one’s taken with your Skarmory.” Tiny is too, but Tiny always flutters back to Navy’s side and flutters his bright wings. “You can have ‘em if you want. Just keep ‘em out of the fight.” But he supposes he’s just side-stepping the point. He shifts gears without much warning.[break][break]
There’s plenty of people who just see red up in League HQ. All they wanna do’s kill Rocket, no matter what.” Damn the consequences. Victory, at any cost. Let history scourge them, but Hoenn will be free. Navy admires their conviction and the lives that lead to such.[break][break]
But I know you’ll do the right thing, Montgomery. That’s why I picked you to be my deputy.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
still before chaos
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 21:06:03 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery looked at the unnamed ILLUMINA SKARMORY chick that seemed to have attached herself to SKARMORY. Now, in the setting sun, she slept tucked under his wing, still glowing the same blue light as her brother.

He found himself trying to question 's gift. It felt undeserved and too special for someone like him. He truly didn't know what his Sheriff saw in him.

"I'll take care of her," he promised, looking fondly at the new bonded pair.

Montgomery regarded the misty mountain again. They were running out of time. And as much as he wanted to stay and reminisce with Navy, there was work to do and preparations to undergo. "I promise. And I don't break promises."

Little did he know what truly waited for them on the battlefield.

"I su'pose I should get back to the station, get some stuff rounded up before turnin' in. Ya wanna come with?"

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing