Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
And When The Hammer Falls
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 6:29:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The fleet of ships cut through the waves like a series of knives.

Team Rocket was throwing the full extent of its weight at Hoenn. Mossdeep would face the full weight of Rocket's wrath while Sootopolis was defended by high walls and those best suited to ensure that the League did not crack their haven open like a sledgehammer against a walnut.

Far to the west, Kanto prepared a knife to carve out a chunk of Hoenn's flank, before the region's mainland could rouse itself to defend itself. Too many eyes were turned eastward, towards two islands. It was time to ensure that by the time the League's gaze turned towards this second prong, it would be too late.

"It'll begin, soon. The great sway of power that will cause it all to come crashing down." The admin's hair was pulled tight into a ponytail as he looked out over the waves. Armor clad his still recovering body as he turned to Elisabeth. "You'll be returning home soon, won't you?"

They both knew that it was no home of hers.

"Does sharing it with Kanto thrill you?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 6:23:15 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You pick a peculiar time to mock me, Fox."[break][break]

Though his comment earned a snort of derision, no true offense was audible in her voice. If anything, he'd note the faintest curl of a suppressed smile that threatened to break her stoic veneer -- like a crack in otherwise flawless marble.[break][break]

Her reputation as a Ruinous Avatar had not translated to her behavior on this voyage; perhaps it was why Tapu Fini floated around her now, rather than the patron that had laid her grudges bare.[break][break]

The scorned madwoman remained silent, while the calm and collected persona of a high-society woman had stepped back into view. Saying little while saying what mattered was a skill that she'd learned to perfect in Kalos. It was a skill that had earned her underboss, though the role had rarely seen her use it since.[break][break]

Petalburg would mark a change in how they saw her. She'd sworn it would be so.[break][break]

"This city is no more my home than Sootopolis is," she murmured, glancing over her shoulder at him. Her own hair was tied back in a severe braid, practical but nonetheless prone to being whipped about by the sea breeze. It was the same wind that she trusted to steal her words so that only Howard would hear them spoken aloud. "Besides, my interest in Kanto remains as it ever was."[break][break]

'Indifferent.'[break][break]

An eyebrow lifted, peculiarly amused as she attempted to gauge his world-weary expression.[break][break]

"And you? Does writing your name in the archives of history 'thrill' you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 9:14:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's more of a 'carving' process, actually. A lot more work to chisel your part into humanity's great mausoleum than is required to pen calligraphy on a great scroll."

Scrolls burned too easily, unfortunately. So few remained while stone remained unmarred.

"Though I won't deny, the process is exhilarating."

The wind is their greatest ally. It created a physical barrier that their positions could not provide. They were admin and underboss, two individuals who dictated so much of Rocket's policy with the wave of a hand and the snap of a finger and the scribble of a signature, but they could not stop a grunt from eavesdropping around the corner.

The rush of air would turn their words into wind. It created a level of privacy rarely enjoyed or deserved.

"Still, I can't help but agree with you. Kanto is irrelevant. Its stage does not matter. I can't help but suspect that Monroe realized that, and thus he has attempted to shoulder his way onto the main stage and steal your glory." Howard spoke of the man in dulcet tones, though they were melded with utter contempt for the politician. "Does he not know that we have too many actors already?"

Flick. A flame sprung to life as the admin lit a cigarette. A plume of smoke erupted from his mouth as he continued.

"The snail has turned into a mermaid, it seems."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 6:23:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"A rather unforgiving medium, stone. But a lasting one. Fitting for a monument."[break][break]

She leaned back on the railing, inhaling deeply of the fresh, salt-stung air. Being on the sea had an exhilarating quality to it -- like being set free from all the tethers of the earth, in all its snarling roots.[break][break]

When she'd been confined in her late husband's home, she dreamed about the ocean often. It promised escape.[break][break]

"Besides. Hoenn invites as many actors as are willing to dance and preen on its grand stage. Their number and their role matter little, so long as the script concludes as it ought."[break][break]

He'd feel a second pair of cerulean eyes on him, blank and unreadable as Tapu Fini followed them across the waves. The piscine deity cut a graceful figure, her fin slicing through the water like a knife. Spray shimmered like mist around her form, tinged a rosy hue that glittered like dawn on the water.[break][break]

At his mention of her patron, Elisabeth turned her attention to the ocean and offered a wry smile.[break][break]

"They don't favor each another," she said in unasked-for explanation. "Their goals and designs are separate. The two rarely interfere with one another, if they can help it."[break][break]

Together, but apart: befitting of beings of land and sea.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 8:54:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
A clear laugh rang out.

"Sounds like you're describing us, or Team Rocket as a whole." Howard's eye sparkled with merriment as he regarded Tapu Fini. "How depressing."

An Alolan protector. A Hoennian guardian. The mermaid reminded the admin slightly of Regice, which remained in a shipping container as it continued to acclimate to its Wishing Star. It would be deployed when the time was right, a sledgehammer that would smash Petalburg's bulwark to rubble.

There was little issue with using it now, since Dewford was a wreck. If he could shoulder almost twenty casualties in his name, he could shoulder as many as were needed to complete their mission.

Even if it stained his soul black. The notion of death didn't bother Howard much. When he had crawled out of Regice's heart and collapsed, some part of him died. When he woke in that bed, he felt different.

"Refrain from overexerting Wo-Chien. We want to seize Petalburg, not raze it to the ground. Somewhere along the way, I'll be forced to pay for repairs. I suspect Regice will cost us millions today, try not to add to it."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 4:23:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"We harmonize better with one another, Wo-chien and I," she confided, glancing at him again. "It will take part, for it is the greatest strength I possess. But the nature of rot and corruption isn't spectacle, Admin Fox. It's slow and insidious."[break][break]

Her fingers tapped against the side of the boat, nails clacking lightly. Her face contorted somewhat, eyes staring at something distant on the horizon behind them.[break][break]

"And you? What of your restraint?" She squinted, trying to make sense of where the sky and sea blurred. "I was not the one to make Mt. Chimney ignite. But Dewford was all your doing, was it not?"[break][break]

Was it not somewhat hypocritical, she wondered, for him of all people to chastise her?

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 19:15:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's because of those experiences that I understand the restraint that is expected from people like us. You destroyed a mountain. I destroyed a town." He paused, contemplative. For a disturbing moment, it was like he had seen through the events that led to the destruction of Mt. Chimney. "Which one weighs heavier on our conscious, I wonder?"

and versus nineteen lives and three months spent in paradise hell.

Yet the moment of acute awareness that seemed to emanate from the admin vanished in the wind. Another memory that disappeared with the salt-scented wind. It was several moments before he spoke again.

"But you're right, of course. I am a poor example. Regardless, learning from mistakes is a virtue and not a sin. I will not repeat that error again." He regarded her for a moment. "I swear it."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 18:28:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hmm."[break][break]

Vows meant little to her. Words without actions were just noise. Her own promise to had been discarded for lesser reasons. She held no regret for that decision.[break][break]

Pacts like the one she'd made with Tapu Fini, or with for that matter, held weight for the power of the other individual involved. She thought little of 's power. Therefore she thought little of the admin's words now.[break][break]

"We'll see how history remembers today," she said instead of acknowledging him. The land neared, despite how she kept her back to the promise of war that the coast brought with it.[break][break]

A pause.[break][break]

"I wasn't aware you regretted Dewford. Some might call it your crowning achievement."[break][break]

Some might say the same of her and Mt. Chimney.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 19:13:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It can be both." He inclined his head in agreement. "A tactically brilliant move and a moral failure. Dewford will send no ships to staunch the wound that Petalburg will suffer."

If he had known Elisabeth's tale of woe, he would've cited her marriage as her greatest success and her greatest failure. Yet history would never hear that story. Not from him.

Not from her, either.

There had been no reason to utter that failing. Howard kicked himself for it. Dewford was his crown jewel as Admin Fox. It was his biggest failure as Howard Slayte. Why hadn't he accepted 's offer? Why hadn't he simply taken Regice and run to the League?

"We will, indeed." He closed his eye in thought. "What I write down will become truth, after all. Should I leave the floristry to you, then, and let history cycle anew?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 19:20:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her laughter cut through with an audacious brightness, one that attracted glances from the Kanto Rocket grunts milling about the ship. Tapu Fini turned to face her with vague curiosity, drifting back from the waves to study this emotional shift in its Avatar.[break][break]

"Everything cycles, yes," she agreed, but it sounded less like she was talking to him and more like she was talking to someone else. Bitter amusement rang in that observation. "Seasons and history have that in common. Summer is nearing its end, and when autumn claims the world, it begins to rot in anticipation of winter's frost."[break][break]

Ting-Lu returned to her memory, towering and terrible in its prophecy. To a man like , such concepts of Fate were nebulous, useless things.[break][break]

To a woman like her, bound to two gods, those strings seemed all too real and binding.[break][break]

"Maybe I'll send you flowers when all this is over," she teased him, finding herself oddly in good spirits despite the foreboding vision that clouded her gaze for a moment. "Something congratulatory to celebrate our victory. Roses, perhaps?"[break][break]

It wasn't a serious suggestion by any means. But making jest relieved tension, and the coming day would be thick with it.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2024 19:37:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Her laughter put him on edge, but he still chuckled along with her. His eye never left Elisabeth, as if looking away would invite an attack. It was a rare enough sight to see the Viper laugh, and to not join in on a rare festivity would be a poor opportunity indeed.

This was strange. It was wrong.

"How romantic." He said as he thought of in the rebuilt floristry. He had taken a site of misery and had attempted to rebuild into a place that fostered some semblance of family. An ironic thought. It was something that Elisabeth would never have. "I don't pretend to understand the hidden meanings of flowers, but they'll enhance the taste of victory."

Or intensify the taste of defeat. Yet how could one make the taste of ash do more than scald the tongue?

"We will be making contact soon. I should check on Regice to ensure that it can fulfill your little cycle. Rot everything, and then I'll freeze it."

He turned away.

"Only then will we see what spring offers."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 3:34:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven