Yuina Higashi
Where Wild Things Glow [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 20:18:28 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

Not days after the first clashes of war tore through the region, creating gash after gash in the already tumultuous and unstable visage of Hoenn, strange reports started to come in through various comms of glowing Pokémon. Where Yuina was still marred by scratches, bruising, aches, and a thousand yard stare that awaited the blink of an unown at any moment... She just wanted things to stay the way they were... And that meant diving back into work with all that she had left.[break][break]
With various pieces of equipment, especially and specifically radars for influxes of Infinity Energy, Yuina embarked out to one of the more recent 'sightings' of one of these Pokémon. If her theories were correct, she thought there might be Illumina Pokémon moving through the region, a phenomena that wasn't dissimilar to the idea of a 'large pokemon aglow with golden light'.[break][break]
Sat astride Kano's shoulders, drawing in a strained breath for a moment, Yuina urged the canine forward again as they continued on their trek into the wilds beyond Mauville. But curiously... Her equipment still hadn't picked up any signs of high concentrations of infinity energy?

notes[break]
Mission: Noble Phantoms (6th Anni) -> Route 111[break]
Bingo: WAR[break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 1:46:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was excited. This was going to be his first truly fast ride on any of his Pokémon since banging his arm up in Megalopolan prison last Spring. Craggro, his own Hisuian Arcanine, let out a loud howl as the Champion waved toward his Ranger friend. "Hey, Yuina! There you are," he greeted her, Braver and Craggro both standing tall, but not much taller than Kano. "Thanks to Entei, I'm recovering a lot faster than I thought I would. How you been?"

To help in the search, Josh brought out the rest of his six fire Pokémon: four Pyroar, including two Illumina ones that Yuina had yet to see. The four saddled lions faced Celebi's bearer, Nala's and Kovu's resplendent fur making them look like gods of the feline species...

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Craggro       H!Arcanine     Good
Braver        Arcanine       Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Vitani        Pyroar         Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 17:33:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Continuing their way along the grasses, Kano's ears flicked first at the sound of movement, a scent that wasn't unlike his own, and stopped when a howl caught up to them. Yuina glanced back as the Arcanine turned, finding Josh's familiar Arcanine catching up with them. He was in fair spirits... She admired that, for everything that she had she was trying to just keep moving forward like nothing had happened. Maybe it would be relatively easy to drown and exhaust herself with work after all.[break][break]
"Josh, that's good I'm glad to hear that," Yuina offered then as he caught up, tired and listless, but thankful. Before another moment more they had his six fire type Pokémon in tow. The equipment that Yuina had with her began to alert her though of changes in the sudden environment, and as she looked down it was the infinity energy readers she was monitoring...[break][break]
"Oh, oh wait, your Pyroar have set off my sensors," Yuina remarked, working then to recalibrate a couple of things if the two Pyroar were to help them in the expedition.[break]
"I have some equipment to track and monitor changes in infinity energy, it sounds like we might be looking for some sort of emergence of Illumina Pokémon," she explained, the reports were vague enough but talk of 'glowing Pokemon' was a fair assumption to make that they might be looking at something having undergone the phenomena.

notes[break]
Bingo: SIX[break]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 23:12:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Before Josh could apologize, Yuina had already recalibrated her device. "What are you searching for? Sounds like Infinity Energy reading if Kovu and Nala set them off," he speculated, hoping the two new leaders of his pride didn't inconvenience her too much. "The king and queen of my pride get to absorb the power of a Crystalbloom as part of their coronation. Aslan didn't make it back from Sootopolis. He... drowned." What a horrible way for a fire-type to go.

Yuina would later answer his question. "So it is Infinity Energy related," the Gym Leader replied, Kovu and Nala walking toward Yuina's piece of technology with curiosity. "I ended up finding out the hard way that my suit could no longer sync with Nala after her coronation. It seems that like with Mega Evolution, Crystalbloom technology and Sygna technology reject one another."

The two would be looking for Illumina Pokémon, it seemed. Fascinating. With every answer seemed to come two more questions; such was the scientific method. "Have you noticed an increase in Crystalblooms appearing in the wild?" he asked. "Illumina Pokémon don't really appear in the wild much. If they've started showing up, they must be growing on their own again."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 19:56:46 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Sitting up and working on the set of equipment she had astride Kano's shoulders, Yuina listened first as Josh dipped briefly into the inner semantics of his pride of lions... Before mentioning Sootopolis. Yuina stopped for a moment, having heard the word, having heard what happened... But it was her own cowardice that kept her from saying anything more. She was trying in earnest, and in vain, to forget anything about that day had ever happened. Was it foolish? Absolutely. Would she be able to run from that woman knowing what she did now? Of course not... But she was good at lying to herself if nothing else...[break][break]
"Oh... I'm sorry... but it is infinity energy, or at least I think so," Yuina agreed, solemn at best, but insensitive at worst... She already knew she was on a very steady and very clear path to ruin her relationships with everyone she knew in this life.[break]
"The Illumina phenomena and the sygna suit technology don't interact? Hmm, I hadn't realized that yet," she pondered, that was new information that she took to contemplate as she finished up recalibrating her equipment, ready to see what they could find.[break][break]
"No, or I'm not sure really? There's been a couple of reports of these 'glowing pokemon', so there must be some kind of insurgence of Crystablooms for some reason," she reasoned, it only made sense? Until it didn't though, sure an insurgence of Crystablooms would explain multiple reports of glowing Pokémon, but to where the Crystablooms were coming from or why, that was far from what she could deduce right then.[break][break]
They'd started to move along the grasses again, carefully, Yuina kept a close eye on her equipment when Kano huffed, there was something ahead of them. The canine pressed on, but Yuina didn't see any fluctuations in her readings, so surely what the Arcanine thought they might be after wasn't actually there, it was likely nothing... Until she saw it through the trees.[break]
Her equipment fell out of her hands and clattered to the ground, frozen as her eyes caught sight of the glowing, golden visage in the near distance....[break][break]
"It's... it's impossible, this isn't right..."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 18:48:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Illumina and Mega Evolution are also incompatible," Josh added from experience with his Absol. He, , and had discovered that firsthand long ago, the Crystalbloom powering the Illumina phenomenon shattering to pieces once Twilight was forced to Mega Evolve. "You can't deny the sheer power of either, even though the Illumina phenomenon isn't--"

He was going to say "well-understood" when Yuina began trembling. The golden phantom was impossible to ignore. Even Craggro was paralyzed with awe, refusing to move in the presence of the mighty Arcanine whose size dwarfed even Braver. Sitting astride such a creature would be uncomfortable without a doubt, so big that it was doubtful one could even wrap their legs around the top of its back. "What is that?!" Josh asked his seemingly distressed friend, though she may not have been able to hear over the golden Arcanine's deafening HOWL.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2024 23:04:43 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Where Yuina's thoughts and addled mind continued to seethe and writhe at every idle moment, the words of that woman playing over and over in her head without respite, everything stopped when she caught sight of the golden visage before them. It felt almost as if time itself stopped, and Yuina could swear she heard instead of trees rustling around them, she heard waves cresting along the sprawling coasts of eastern Hisui...[break][break]
The Arcanine howled, a display of its strength, its power, the claim of its territory... Was... Was this really happening?[break]
"No, no this can't be, it's not supposed to be here," Yuina muttered, eyes fixated, unblinking, lost in that far away place.[break][break]
"I didn't... There were no signs, no indications of a distortion, I don't have any of my equipment," she was distressed, frantic, everything was wrong.[break][break]
Before any more could be said, before Yuina could even begin to process what this could all mean, Kano huffed on open maw, backing up from where he stood... They had been spotted. The Arcanine glowered, standing tall as its piercing eyes bore down on them through the trees. Smoke billowed from its open maw, flame glowing in its throat, and as they were intruders within its territory, it moved to defend its land. Flame bust from its maw and rushed forward to consume them.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 23:24:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The noble Arcanine's flames rushed toward both its smaller brethern at speeds Josh thought was impossible. "EXTREME SPEED, Craggro!" the Gym Leader cried, bracing himself against the rock-type's fur. With whiplash-inducing speed that mildly agitated his left arm, he managed to avoid most of the golden inferno, with Craggro only being grazed by the flames.

"But what is it?!" Josh shouted over the carnage. "It's clearly an Arcanine, but I've never seen one like this!" The golden giant started to give chase, Josh avoiding the noble foe's charges with predominantly sharp right turns. Eventually, though, the yellow dog would catch on, ramming toward the racing duo with primal RAGING FURY.

{PC: 4}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img