iris' plotter

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 3:00:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sps"]

[attr="class","spsimg"]

[attr="class","spslyric"]

THROUGH ALL OF THIS I'VE FELT JUST THE SAME, THE FLAME IS GONE THE FIRE REMAINS

[attr="class","spstop"]
[attr="class","spstop2"]

[attr="class","spsname"]IRIS FOSTER

[attr="class","spsbot"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]ABOUT
]

[attr="class","sps2"]

[attr="class","spsabout1"]EIGHTEEN

[attr="class","spsabout1"]SHE/HER

[attr="class","spsabout1"]BISEXUAL

[attr="class","spsabout1"]TRAINEE RANGER

[attr="class","spsabout1"]EX-ROCKET

[attr="class","spsblurb"]

more information can be found in her infamy file!
[break][break]
When Rocket drew its last breath, the League were faced with many in their custody. Among them was a girl just shy of eighteen who, after finally calming down from her capture, responded positively when reached out to. She was polite, if slightly wary, responding to kindness with kindness; evidence was later found to show she had been taken from her parents hands into Rocket's as a child. This seemed to earn the League's sympathy.

[break][break]

A reported beast on the battlefield, she screamed orders at her Pokemon as if she were a drill sergeant. After her arrest, her team were found to have a number of health conditions stemming from persistent overexertion and were soon put down. It is assumed she had gone through many Pokemon as a result of such treatment. The League came to the decision to place her within the Ranger department as community service of sorts, in hopes of bettering her attitude towards Pokemon.

[break][break]
[break]

Iris is by no means a cruel person. Cheerful and polite, she is kind first, and will remain such until she is wronged. Somewhat naive and incredibly sensitive, she is sympathetic to those she meets and goes by the mentality that help should be offered whenever possible. Unfortunately, this mindset seems to fall short in the case of Pokemon. Growing up in Rocket, she was taught to view them as nothing more than tools, and does not understand when they are treated as anything more. To her, they are simply objects.

[break][break]

While she is immensely grateful to the League for their kinder treatment of her, and has no intention of seeking out the remains of Rocket, Iris is quick to argue in favour of her old home. They, as far as she is concerned, were kind to her, and are deserving of her respect because of it. She does not appreciate them being spoken ill of. Seems dependent on having authority figures in her life, whose words she will follow without second thought. Iris does not have the independence to act entirely of her free will.

[break][break]

Now under the wing of Hoenn's rangers, Iris has been given a starter from the lab (typically given to fresh trainers) which she must turn in every week for medical examination, lest she mistreat it. While she is eager to make this her new home, she cannot help feeling caged by her past and the mixture of disdain and outright pity it seems to receive. On top of the fact she's being encouraged to care for Pokemon for reasons she is unable to comprehend, comfort seems a long way for her.

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;color:#ffffff;padding:0px!important;margin:-3px;text-align:justify;}]

[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]FRIENDS
]

[attr="class","sps2"]

(ill write these sections properly when i can b bothered jkadns)
[break][break]
looking for: rangers!, other league friends, some ppl her age, parental figure maybe, other rockets??

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;color:#ffffff;padding:0px!important;margin:-3px;text-align:justify;}]

[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]ENEMIES
]

[attr="class","sps2"]

looking for: rocket haters, ppl who know she's a dick to pokemon

[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]LOVERS
]

[attr="class","sps2"]

looking for: ? ? ?

[/PTabbedContent={border-width:0;padding:0px!important;width:366px;background-color:transparent;margin:-62px 22px -3px 22px;}]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=VT323]

[googlefont=Inconsolata]

[newclass=.sps]width:600px;background-color:#222222;color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsimg]height:400px;width:200px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spslyric]border:solid 1px #ffffff;padding:14px;font:10px Inconsolata;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;line-height:10px;position:relative;z-index:1;margin:25px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.65);[/newclass]

[newclass=.spstop]background-color:#989fb1;padding:25px;padding-bottom:65px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spstop2]background-color:#ffffff;height:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsname]background-color:#989fb1;color:#ffffff;height:25px;margin-top:-25px;position:relative;z-index:1;float:left;font:40px VT323;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spstab]margin:-3px;border:solid 1px #ffffff;color:#ffffff;font:11px Inconsolata;line-height:10px;padding:9px;position:absolute;width:60px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps2]height:235px;width:350px;padding:25px;margin:42px 0px 0px -22px;position:absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsabout1]text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:10px;font:11px Inconsolata;line-height:9px;text-align:right;padding:10px;background-color:#191919;color:#aaaaaa;margin-bottom:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsblurb]height:235px;padding-right:5px;overflow:auto;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsblurb b]color:#989fb1;font:11px Inconsolata;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsblurb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b0463c;border:0px;border-left:solid 5px #222222;[/newclass]

[newclass=.spsblurb::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 6px;background: transparent;border:0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps .PT_table .PT_tabs]background:transparent;margin-bottom:20px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;width:58px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0);opacity:.2;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps .PT_tabs_selected_hover]background:transparent;color:#ffffff;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;text-shadow:2px 2px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.2);opacity:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps .PT_tabs_hover]background:transparent;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0);opacity:.2;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]background:transparent;color:#ffffff;line-height:20px;font-size:20px;text-align:center;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;text-shadow:2px 2px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.2);opacity:1;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 4:09:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@iris

I'm intrigued! I think perhaps - in some way, shape or form, her and River might have been acquainted? I want to say that River joined before the whole rocket uprising and downfall and rebuilding, so perhaps they've never met. River isn't open about his affiliation obviously, he's only really apart of Rocket to try and get back at his mom who didn't want him, Olivia Abbiati the councilwoman.

Uh, I'm real bad at idea generation for plots - but I really think these two have SOME similarities, in that they both have been taught that Pokemon are tools. He's not kind in any real form though, because he's too afraid to let anyone in or accept any type of affection or love or.. any emotion, really. He's just a messy guy - but quite charming. He's more than a little manipulative to get where and what he wants from people.

If you're interested, and have any ideas?? I'm totally open to suggestion!
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 4:49:10 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam + @iris
Alright here’s what I got in mind for these two! Adam’s assigned as basically a mentor for Iris. He’ll show her the ropes of being a ranger teach her the tips and tricks while also keeping an eye on her to make sure she’s doing what she’s supposed to and not regressing back to her rocket ways. It’ll definitely start out shaky at first. First, Adam despises team rocket quite a bit and secondly, he doesn’t like the idea of being someone’s babysitter. Add on top of that the way she acts with her Pokémon will have him want to throw her out of a window.

All that being said her disposition towards fellow man is what’ll make Adam not think she’s a waste of time and a dirty rocket thief, coming around to thinking hey maybe there’s something here. Then he’ll warm up towards her and they can be best buds.

Let me know what ya think and feel free to hit me up on discord if u prefer continuing there.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 11:44:52 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

iris fascinates me as a character, so i had to throw a plot your way.

orion's a ranger. he was recently promoted to a member of the council but still works for the rangers whenever he's got time. he's also incredibly compassionate toward pokemon and would absolutely despise her from the moment he learned how she treated the pokemon that were put down.

i don't like to go too in-depth without seeing how the characters mesh with one another first, but basically i'd love to throw them in a mission together where orion's assigned to shadow her and is just an absolute ice queen toward her?? i'm not sure if he'd warm up over time or whether he'd stay a frosty bitch(tm) but we could play it by ear!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 4:06:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Just read her infamy file and holy shit I love this concept. Prior to Rocket's fall I see a lot of parallels between Iris and Fernando. If you want to play / explore some of her old side I'd love to try and wrap a concept around that.

So I'm a little vague on this because it seems to undo a lot of what your setup is steering towards, but I'd love to go down a mentor route. Fernando is probably one of the stricter and analytical trainers on the site and doesn't have the same sympathy that other characters have for their Pokemon during combat.

I can see a few ways he'd get exposed to her, if only coincidental. Her having to check in to the doctors is good enough to stir his curiosity and since she was arrested and the League knows about her status I don't think it would be too far-fetched to go that route.

Of course I don't know how this works when you factor in that Fernando was one of the publicized figures that ended Team Rocket.

Up to you but lmk what you think!

JK I just read the other plotter replies so IDK how this conflicts with that as well but I might as well leave the beginning in case that helps your end. I'm down for cultivating the harsher side of her and helping hone that into something more acceptable by society's standards, if that's a route you want to take. Aside from that, he could also be the x-factor that makes her behavior acceptable considering the circumstances.

@iris

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 17:36:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]i'm soo down for fernando to give iris some conflict tbh. she seems to have taken well to the rangers' guidance, but at the moment it's more a case of her picking up on how she's expected to act and playing the part. she doesn't mind it, sees this as an unspoken order, so i think there's a lot of room for her to fall back to old tendencies.
[break][break]
at the start, the rangers were very protective of iris. they basically kept her in a bubble believing this time to be the most crucial, then they started to lessen the boundaries a little bit. she got her starter, began going on missions, and given her attitude they've probably been convinced they're on the right path. though he'd be met with some opposition at first, with some convincing it'd be entirely possible for fernando to meet iris.
[break][break]
iris does what she think the rangers want her to do, and they've probably been a bit quick in accepting this as genuine behaviour. she's scared of losing her new home, so pretending to care about her pokemon is a small price to pay. if she were to catch onto fernando's attitude towards his pokemon there'd definitely be some anger there--she's being forced to change for reasons she doesn't understand while fernando's a very much respected member of the league.
[break][break]
i don't really set up concrete endgames for my characters so iris' development could go either way tbh. i'd like for fernando to be a conflicting mentor figure of sorts--while iris is undoubtedly smart and knowledgeable about pokemon she doesn't make full use of it in battle, her battle style is built on brute force since her only objective was to get the job done, there was no need to be elegant about it. this has gotten long akdjn but yes v excited to throw these two together!!

[googlefont=Inconsolata][newclass=.post]width:310px;background-color:#1f1f1f;font:11px Inconsolata;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #191919;padding:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 18:58:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Ooo, that'd be an interesting angle. Like it makes sense for why they want to keep others away from her considering her background but at the same time that also stirs a lot of interest. Like, why don't they want other people interfering, what makes Iris so special that the rangers are almost like CPS for her (probably bad analogy but I think it gets the meaning across)?

The double standards would also be nice to explore as well and accentuate Fernando's two-facedness and maybe we can do a bit of ideology sharing / pushing between each other.

But I'm glad this sounds super cool. I don't know how you want to start this but lmk if you have an idea for setting this up and if not I'll whip something up and pass it by you.

@iris

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 20:45:47 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
@iris

priam and iris have similar backstories that they were taken in by the organization at a young age, etc. etc. maybe they may have been friends at a younger age, given that priam's very sociable, and that they lost touch with each other after the initial invasion on hoenn, and then maybe see each other after a while since theyre both kinda working under the league in a way??? idk im just putting out words here for the endeavor since i haven't finished mine yet. aikido not when i say i hate shiv for including this on the endeavor list. :notlikethis:
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 21:15:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
they're around the same age, and they most likely would have been in rocket around the same time (albeit, elyse would have joined much later in her teenage years).

that said, elyse was there before the fall of rocket, doing smaller things over in sinnoh and occasionally jumping back and forth while attending to her own agenda. methinks that they could have been something like pen pals? this would have been before elyse debuted as an idol, so i can see the two of them becoming fairly good friends with how sociable they both are??

depending on how the friendship would have worked, possibility of iris being able to open up to elyse, while she talked about her dream of making it big? i dunno i can see potential between these two being pretty good friends, seeing that elyse here doesn't give much care for pokemon either (and it's never bad to have a pair of eyes with the league, she thinks hurehxgkjsghkale)

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

@iris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 23:17:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
some overdue replies ♡ pls bear w my tired rambling

it's def likely these two would've run into each other a number of times during their rocket days! iris is kinda awkward but she would've appreciated having priam as a friend for sure and honestly childhood friends sound super cute. i can see them drifting apart as they grew older, mostly because iris would've began focusing on training and work and not much outside of it--though priam could have dragged her into some shenanigans/trained w her/etc--but seeing him again after having to adjust to league life would b a nice breath of air for her. obvs she isn't aware of new rocket so she'd probably think priam is going through the same as her once she sees him working within the league and that she has someone who can relate to her struggles LOL. but yes we should throw :clap: these :clap: two :clap: together.

@elyse

honestly iris needs friends LOL pen pals sound great to me! i think despite everything iris is a pretty open person esp outside the context of work so these two def could've grown into close friends for sure! iris doesn't rlly have the self-awareness to recognise a lot of her deeper problems, but if anything did come to mind it seems likely she would've gone to elyse for advice (or just to vent tbh) given their similar ages. while it isn't her kind of thing i think iris would admire elyse for following her dreams like that, esp since she isn't too sure of her own ambitions herself.

after her arrest, iris was p much kept in a bubble by the rangers so any contact they had going would've stopped for at least a couple months. their reunions could be pure chance, or one of them could've found the other? if we're going for the close friends route it'd def make sense for iris to reach out to/look for elyse. tbh if she's living at the same address iris probably could've sent a letter over/visited as soon as she could.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
iris' plotter
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 19:01:01 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar

@iris & Razz

So saw Iris and thought her and Razz could become a pretty amusing duo to interact with each other! Both being former Rockets who have joined the Rangers gives them some common ground. Though if they were to have ever met in Team Rocket he def wouldn't have cared for her as he didn't care much for those who were extremely loyal. Though the biggest reason why I think they would make a pair to shove at each other for interaction is because of how opposite they are in their Social Interaction. Where Iris is bad with pokemon but great with people, Razz is terrible with people but great with pokemon, they're less judgy in his mind. Even on top of that if they knew each other while in Rocket there would be a possible chance that she know Razz's real name which him very much wanting her to keep quiet about it since no League people know he's Ex-Rocket.

But yeah I think them doing a few missions together as they're both Rangers in Training and possibly try a deal between them of trying to teach each other on working on their weak points, as Razz could really use some social skills, and he would hope he could try and show her Pokemon are much more than tools.

What do you think? = D