6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
A RACE TO RESOLUTION (RAID)
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 15:01:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his eyes have been staring at since he began his attack. everything registers slowly in his mind, until he finds his hands grab tufts of hair from frustration. "you fucking idjit!" he shouts exasperatedly.

the words were directed to mateo, but he somehow feels like he should have stopped mateo from acting too reckless with his moves.

trauma from losing colleagues and friends from the slateport invasion comes crashing once again. his heart hastens; adrenaline starts coursing through his veins. it was happening again, and he doesn't want to think he's powerless against it once more.

he quickly turns to for a quick instruction, "go home. commissioner should be there," and takes a deep breath afterwards. kyle tries his best to keep his composure, but he feels a sickening feeling in his gut. it eats him from within not to do anything. he craves for action. the very sight of his friend disappearing to the void unsettles him.

eventually, he breaks from his usual facade.

his eyes redden, but kyle shows no signs of weakness otherwise. "balder, open up a portal again!" he barks out to , voice ringing above the rest of the shocked murmurs and monologues. "i'm going in!" his voice, firm and harsh, was uncharacteristic, but understandable for those who knew of how close he was to mateo.

he rushes from where mateo was last seen as he turns his head to where his pokemon was, whistling for his manectric to beckon her to his position. the electric-type lands with a thud, the static on its body spreading throughout the brine-filled ground in a shock wave. he stops to where mateo last stood, and before him was someone, , who claims the last memento left by his friend.

"can you take that off?" he says, the seriousness in his voice backed up by the manectric's intimidating aura behind him. "i'll be needing that."

@tags
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 15:31:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Blood dribbles down the sides of her face, leaking from her ears. Explosion after explosion has left her rattled, dazed, confused. She isn't processing what's happening and her limbs are numb and cold.[break][break]

Aegislash manages to protect her from harm, followed by strange and blurry faces and Pokemon in the crowd. She's going to vomit.[break][break]

And she does the moment Balder grabs hold of the Nihilego, or stands over her, or whatever it was that happened. All over his shoes, probably.[break][break]

Stormy recoils afterward, moaning as she holds her head. Somehow she's managed to recall the Type: Null before it could chase after the portal.[break][break]

Cold metal graces her fingers as Aegislash presses into her palm. Using the sword and shield Pokemon as a crutch, the woman slowly gets to her feet.[break][break]

Sound slowly begins to return as one of her primary senses, and she squints through her migraine and probable concussion to witness and hear the portal close, and disappear along with it. [break][break]

's voice and commands are a mumble she can't decipher right now, and she momentarily searches the marketplace for , finding the boy not too far away from her best friend.[break][break]

Stormy takes a deep breath to settle the nausea in her belly, but genuinely looks like she might throw up again.[break][break]

tldr:[break]
- aegislash is successful in protecting stormy and type: null[break]
- stormy is also protected by and i think @nicole[break]
- throws up on balder's shoes, sorry pal[break]
- witnesses get pulled into the closing portal[break]
- sees in the crowd along with [break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 15:52:36 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]

There was a fleeting moment, when the words hit her before their itent, that she looked as if she might have complied. Frankie caught the menacing air before his trainer did. Perhaps it didn't have a natural talent for intimidation, but the masked chimera's intense glare was enough to frighten most small Pokémon, whether it intended to do so or not. Either way, where its trainer might have been fazed, it was not, and stepped forward to make that much very clear. A lazily hovering Yanmega did little more than watch behind the pair.

Annie looked back and forth between her beast, the stranger's, and the man himself. Between the implicit threat, and the ringing bell in her head that he wasn't a stranger, and not somebody to be trusted... She took a half step back. "So will I." Her brow furrowed, and combined with bloodshot eyes and tears that had yet to stop... She wasn't looking at her best. "There are spikes, acid, splinters, stones... I don't even know what else, and that's just from all of this mess. I didn't survive all of this to die to an infected foot." Narrowed eyes tried her best to match a face to a name, or at least a memory... Perhaps it was to Kyle's benefit that she was still processing the night's events.
TL;DR: Annie continues to claim Mateo's shoe, against 's wishes.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 16:32:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"don't fuck with me."

kyle's experience with his own beast killer differs from the performance he saw from hers, but it does not deter him from keeping his pokemon in a leash against it.

his words triggered the mega manectric to lunge forward at a blinding speed, bowling over the battle weakened type:null with wild charge. electricity covers the soaked area around them with violent sparks as it lands. the electric-type bares its ice fangs on the type:null's throat, threatening to maim at any time.

he takes the sandals that match his yukata off and dangle them in front of . "i'll offer a trade." he takes a pokeball out in front of her. "don't bother attacking with your other pokemon."

the alternative wasn't anything short of kyle tarnishing his reputation for. besides keeping a low profile, kyle never bothered with his public standing anyways.

kyle's feet soaks in puddles of spark-induced brine. it stings underneath his skin, but a clear objective in mind keeps himself from noticing it.

• negotiates with a kid

@tags
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 16:52:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the tendril wraps itself around the neck of Orion's Hydreigon, Thomas braces himself. But before they can be pulled in, Colt notices this, and directs his shot at the tentacle grabbing at the Hydreigon. The blast manages to sever the appendage, much to the satisfaction of the otherwise grumpy Clawitzer. Thomas gives Colt a thumbs up of approval, which goes unnoticed by the Water-type, as his focus is on the battlefield.

Ripper, dashing past the tentacles, manages to get up close and personal with the main opponent, smashing his pincers into the body, cracking it further with each blow. Soon, the others would join in, finishing off the tentacled beast, throwing it through the portal, but not before it would grab Mateo, taking the Dragon Tamer with it, leaving only his shoe behind in the process.

"MATEO!!!!", Thomas bellows out as he watches on in horror.

As the battle ends, Ripper's form reverts back to normal. The armored insect nods to the Clawitzer, before walking over to meet him.

With the chaos at an end, Thomas silently dismounts the Councilman's Hydreigon, boots smashing broken glass on impact. He looks down, processing just what had transpired today. After a moment of getting his bearings, he can hear Kyle calling to the others. This is enough to prompt the former Interpol Agent to walk up to him, as he's confronting a teenager about Mateo's missing shoe. As he's negotiating with her, Thomas finally steps in, carefully dodging the puddles of acid with each step.

"That won't be necessary, Kyle.", he told the Elite Four member. He would pull out a bill wad, totaling a good chunk of change. "Miss, I can offer you this money for a good pair of shoes. There's a reputable shoe store in the Upper District, the Catch 'n Hike Shoe Company. They make excellent shoes for trainers, and day to day life in general.", he would tell her. "This should be more than enough to cover a good pair of boots, or sneakers, from them.", he would tell her.

However it would end, Thomas would turn to Kyle. "Kyle, I'm sorry about Mateo.", he would tell him. "I need to talk to you about the Commissioner, at some point.", he would tell him. It was clear that he was worried, about both of them. If the strange tentacled beast did that to Dahlia, then who knows how they'd eventually find Mateo.

tags:
notes: Thomas braces himself as Orion's Hydreigon is grabbed
Clawitzer sees this, and blasts at the offending tentacle, severing it
Mega Scizor grins as his pincers crack the Nihlego's body, before the others proceed to finish it off
Thomas calls out to Mateo as he's dragged into the wormhole
Thomas dismounts Orion's Hydreigon, goes looking for Kyle
Thomas overhears what's going on, offers Annie a wad of cash, and directs her to a good shoe store
Thomas offers to talk to Kyle about Dahlia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 0:36:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","nicole"]

It was one disaster after the other; it was certainly a way to start the new year. But at the same time, she doesn't think that she would feel any better, even after forgetting tonight's events. Her heart was still trying to recover from the loss of her gardevoir, which was enough to rattle her earlier that evening as she watched the white shreds fall through the air. Nicole groans, softly, while protected behind her metagross. Her arm had her eyes covered, solely because of the amount of attacks being launched at the beast. [break][break]

Unfortunately, the night wasn't over. [break][break]

When she lowers her hands, she watches as her two remaining pokemon are caught in the tentacles of the monster. She strains to find her voice, and to scream or her pokemon. She couldn't lose another pokemon; not tonight. [break][break]

She watches the two pokemon struggle, crying out in wriggling struggle until they are released with the help of another woman. A moment of silence from Nicole as she watches both her pokemon return to her. Injured, but trying to offer the amnesiac trainer a somewhat reassuring smile. A moment of warmth washes over the frigid fear and dread that crept up to her, resulting in her legs growing weak as she collapses onto her knees. "I-I'm so sorry.." She sobs, trying to wipe her tears away with her balls up fists and wrists. "I-I'm so stupid.. I-I did it again--" she cries incoherently, while her togedemaru hops down to weakly nuzzle against the trainer. [break][break]

In the meantime, her metagross tries to nudge and pick the two of them up. There was a lot happening at the moment, but she was currently too overwhelmed to bother processing.

[break][break]

tldr:[break]
- nicole's just crying

[newclass=.nicole] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.nicole b] color: #f0cb09; [/newclass]
[newclass=.nicole i] color: #f0cb09; font-style: italic; [/newclass]1hCE3pWO
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 3:51:29 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

Everything happened so fast. Everyone was getting involved, both in the portal closure and on defeating the slimy bastard. And luckily for everyone, they prevailed without another casualty... Well that was said too fast. A casualty was added when everyone was feeling their victory. A huge tentacle emerged from the portal, only to drag Mateo into it and leaving a shoe behind.[break][break]

Wide-eyed, Balder couldn't help but stay immobile, as he stared at the closing portal. A warrior that he knew, one that was quite powerful at that, gone in an instant. Because of the portal he had forced open at first. The golden glow around his hair and body dissipated as Balder clenched his fist and gritted his fist. If he hadn't opened that portal at first to get that clown's ball, maybe Mateo would still be with them.[break][break]

To add insult to injury, a specific young lady that shall remain anonymous (*cough* *cough*) vomitted upon his legs and shoes. In a normal situation, maybe the alolan man would be mad. But with what had just transpired and the events of the night? The man essentially ignored her actions and simply removed his shoes, leaving them in the dirt.[break][break]

But then... one man. Seemingly the one most affected by the absence of his friend: Kyle. The man from elite four decided to bark orders at Balder, telling him to open a portal right now and he would head in. And then proceeded to practically threaten Annie. Bad timing for that Bro... As Solgaleo returned to his tamer, looking somewhat depressed too, he only saw the Alolan Man sprint off towards Kyle, his fists ready to strike. "KYLE! LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!!!!"[break][break]

[break][break]

Balder's fist sliced through the air as he got close to the dog trainer and hopefully landed upon his face, hitting him at full force. Wether the man was on the ground, or was strong enough to still be standing after taking a full hit from a tired man of steel, Balder did not care and stared down at the man. "Do you think your behavior is allowed in such a case?! You're not the only fucking person who lost something or someone here! Plus, it ain't even your own fault that we lost Mateo! So learn some self-control. And no, I'm not opening any fucking portals tonight. I did enough casualties as it stands."[break][break]

The Alolan Gym Leader turned around and went to stand on one of the rock spikes that was still standing, hoping to be visible to everyone. The man's hair lit up once more, hopefully to get most people's attention. "Everyone, listen up. For all of those that are here, the nightmare might seem over. But one of our comrades, Mateo, still has a lot of those fuckers to handle. And he's all alone. If you think you have what it takes to help him, to save him even? Then rest up. Once your wounds are healed and you feel strong enough, gather at my gym in Sootopolis. This time, we're bringing the fight to those bastards. This. Is war. And we won't lose anyone here again. No more."[break][break]

Solgaleo roared in reply, hopefully to encourage people around them. Balder's light died down and the man descended from the rock spike. Would people gather up as he wished? Maybe. But even if they were only Kyle and himself, they would go. Mateo couldn't be left alone in this universe, especially since there may be more creatures they do not know of yet.[break][break]

Seeing the girl he saved earlier crying, Balder decided to head towards her. The young man gently dropped a hand on @nicole 's shoulder, hopefully to appease her sadness a bit. "You did your best, young lady. Don't beat yourself over what happened and what could've happened. Just focus on what you can do from now on."

[break][break]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn"]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn2"]

[attr="class","niknikpkmn3"]LEO, THE SOLGALEO
[break]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn4"]FULL METAL BODY
[break]
Sluggin kyle[break]
Inspirational speech[break]
comforting Nicole.[break]
Just a regular Wednesday Y'know.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr="class","niknik6"]
[attr="class","niknikarrow"]
[break]
[attr="class","niknik7"]
0000 WORDS FOR @event [break]
TAKE COVER!
[break][break]

[attr="class","niknik3"]IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-DDDDDDD-DUEL!
[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
[newclass=.niknik]background:url(http://i.imgur.com/zdRYSOK.png);padding:0px 10px;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2]padding:25px;padding-bottom:35px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2 b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2 font]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#c7ac42;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik3]background-color:#f5de6e;padding:20px;font:8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;color:#333333;margin-top:-12px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.niknik4]-ms-transform: rotate(270deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(270deg);transform: rotate(270deg);font:50px Montserrat;color:#f9f9f9;line-height:60px!important;height:40px;letter-spacing:-7px;width:500px;margin-left:-223px;margin-bottom:250px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik5]padding:6px 2px;width:40px;height:32px;background-color:#333333;margin-top:-25px;float:right;margin-right:10px;border-radius:50px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik6]margin:-24px 0px;height:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikarrow]border-bottom:solid 10px #f5de6e;border-left:solid 10px transparent;border-right:solid 10px transparent;width:0px;height:0px;float:right;margin:-20px 20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;-webkit-transition: all .3s ease; -moz-transition: all .3s ease; -o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik:hover .niknikarrow]margin-top:-80px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik7]border-top:solid 5px #f5de6e;background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:10px;font:10px Roboto;color:#333333;line-height:10px!important;position:relative;z-index:1;margin-top:-24px;height:35px;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all .3s ease; -moz-transition: all .3s ease; -o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik7 a]font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;color:#c7ac42;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik:hover .niknik7]margin-top:-84px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.niknikpkmn]border:solid 1px #eeeeee;padding:9px;margin:8px 0 -24px 0;font:10px Roboto;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn2]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100px;background-color:#eeeeee;margin:-15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn3]font:15px Montserrat;color:#c7ac42;line-height:15px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn4]color:#333333;margin:-5px 0;font-weight:700!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 4:55:49 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

the beast was slain and the wormhole with more of it was taken out. all in a good day's work one might say. of course that probably wasn't the right thing to say looking around as the whole night market was absolutely wrecked. and that was nothing to say about the people who participated tonight in all of the "festivities" that occurred tonight.

as the pokenger pulled himself out of the rubble his mind flashed over what had just happened. he kicked an alien in the head and watched as a dude swung it around like it was rope. that admittedly was kind of awesome and hot. after that everything sort of kicked off as he was nearly swept up in the attacks that sealed up the hole and pushed the alien jellyfish into it. now all that was left was the aftermath.

and it was not pretty.

people were crying. others were puking. and one guy was getting way too aggro with one another. as his pokemon returned to his side kazimir made his way over to the crowd. however it was the scene of one girl puking on another guy's feet that got his attention while the guy didn't seem to notice and storm off. whipping his scarf off of his neck the pokenger knelt down beside and wiped her mouth clean. "hey you feeling alright? here let me call...well i guess docs are already on their way. ya need anything to help feel better?" he didn't really have a lot of first aid supplies on him himself.

and he wish he did when he glanced up in time to see the super sayain suddenly punch the child accoster, or he would have if the sight didn't make the mighty pokenger wince away in pain. then he heard the guy's voice as he rallied the people to join him on a venture to save the man who got eaten up by the wormhole before it vanished. rushing headlong into a strange portal to rescue someone? well that was right up the pokenger's alley. he was still unsure what he could do to actually help with a task. if he was being totally honest about his feelings after tonight they were...not confident. he may have helped but aside from kicking an alien that was sort of it. and cutting off a tentacle of one was kinda cool yeah. but he also got saved by a mysterious power and watched as much more talented trainers were able to do more heavy lifting.

he wasn't quite sure what to do.

as the sayain man got down from his perch and went to comfort a young girl kazimir couldn't help but feel a bit drawn to him. like a sort of kinship in how crazy they were for actually trying to solve the problem with their own two hands. "here, my boys will stay with you." he gestured to his solrock and staryu to stay with stormy as he made his way over to .

as he got closer he was starting to feel intimidated, even without the screaming and crazy hair the guy did give off a big aura. must be the lion that followed him everywhere. "hey! great speech up there man. i think people might be a bit rattled up after tonight to go after one guy but if you need, or want really, extra hands then pokenger's here to help ya out. if-if you'll have me." arceus did he really stutter on that last part? now he felt embarrassed to even hold out his hand for a hand shake to the guy.

[attr="class","merrktagI"]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

ObfuoBNF
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 5:10:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

One hand rises to her ear, wiping away rapidly drying blood. It crumbles between her fingers as she breathes a hiss between her teeth. Everything hurts and yet it isn't over. An argument breaks out between two grown men, two grown men who happen to be some of her closet companions.[break][break]

Just before she has a chance to stand up and look after herself, a masked pokenger kneels next to her and becomes a blurry distraction. His hand brushes against the corner of her mouth and against her cheek as he brushes away drying vomit. [break][break]

She opens her mouth to object, to insist she can take care of herself and to get the hell away from her or something along those lines, but he's already moved on to try and intercept Kyle and Balder's disagreement. She's left behind with the masked strangers Solrock and Starmie, both of whom she pushes aside gently to chase Balder.[break][break]

Pain twitches in her temple as she fights for her words. She's not gonna stand idly by why two men brawl over something that doesn't matter because no one can do anything about it right now.[break][break]

"Balder! Balder that is enough. There's been enough blood spilled and teeth lost. Take a chill pill, both of you. You're acting like idiots out here, causing a scene."[break][break]

She wipes her matted, sweaty hair from her face, and with it, grime and soot that's settled on her face. [break][break]

Stormy then settles her attention on the teenage girl stubbornly picking a fight over a shoe. A fucking shoe.[break][break]

"Are you really going to cry over a shoe? Pokemon died and our friend was just sucked into ultra space and you're whining about a shoe?. Gods, if this is what the next generation of trainers is like.."[break][break]

She waves her hand dismissively, culling her train of thought. This is all too much. She just wants to go home, drink herself to sleep to numb the pain, and wake up tomorrow and figure out what to do.[break][break]

"Kyle, I'm so sorry. We'll get him back, we'll do whatever it takes."[break][break]

The woman extends a hand to him, intending to intertwine her fingers and hold fast, to squeeze with whatever strength she could muster and place her promise and her sympathy in a muted act of friendship.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 7:55:11 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah pushes into the cracked earth with his feet and finds no stable ground. there is no pomp. no pageantry. the new year arrives and fades like a sad sonagi that paints the concrete forever wet.

he reaches for kyle, but the command curls his fingers. his talkative tongue drops its words. instead, his face catches them and their colours.

"kyle," noah manages, but the man is quick to act on his emotions. it's hard to keep up. he realizes, it may always be that way.

he sees , ... and his old friend, , dismounting from ' hydreigon. noah greets them with morose eyes. his hesitance frustrates him- but he does not want to overstep his bounds.

on a tightrope of his own creation, noah treads with careful steps.

and yet, when strikes the object of his affections, noah feels himself running. a reckless charge. a bouffalant barge. despite the merry-go-round of familiar faces, the crying sounds of @nicole and the presence of a young, , noah blinds himself with instinct and rage.

he does not heed 's desires for peace. sympathies are shoved aside for personal vengeance. within the tragedy of 's loss, noah's jealousy and pride ball themselves into fists.

"KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF HIM."

adrenaline numbs his fists as he instigates violence again. he throws deft punches toward 's steel flesh. noah aims for the face. the speech does little to subdue him and the roar, instead, riles his coil with fire.

if allowed to, noah's punches render his own fists bloody.

ny raid

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 13:58:35 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

was peace really that hard to achieve?

the moment , the girl he just tried to comfort went up to the two fighting men and confronted them about behavior the pokenger felt like he might have to actually do more than just try to lift spirits. when it was who started to charge at his body decided to react on his own as he stepped between the two of them. his own hand caught noah's with ease as his fingers wrapped around it and he pushed it down with his own strength. "hey man. calm down."

his tone was soft on him, he didn't know quite why he was upset but he wasn't going to let any more fights break out. from inside of his helmet he let out a breath he wasn't even aware of holding as he let go of noah's fist and sucked in another breath. "listen people! i know tonight was one of the worst days every for some of ya! some of ya," his gaze focuses on , "just lost someone and you wanna go chasing after them! other people just wanna get go home and grieve, others wanna help, and that's great! that's fine! but don't go around starting fights after the crap that just happened here!" his pokemong gathered at his side and neither of them were looking friendly as they could tell that the tone of the pokenger was not a nice one.

"so we're all gonna calm down, do what we're gonna do to help the situation right now. and anyone who does anything completely dumb right now is gonna have to deal with me!" does pokenger have to become an enemy to the crowd? he will if it helps diffuse all of the tension.

[attr="class","merrktagI"]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #44d4e4; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 15:20:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"the commissioner doesn't matter right now!" he spats back to , the insensitivity to his priority fueling the internal turmoil in him. he brushes his hand over his hair and drops his sandals on the ground. "she's at my home if you really care about her!" the verdanturf gym leader should know the residence of the member of the elite four in his own governance, he assumes.

busied by thomas, he does not notice moving in even with his booming voice. the full-powered punch reaches his face, but peak body conditioning lets him remain standing on two legs, albeit staggering. organs bleed as crimson liquid trickle from his nose. he spits on the ground. it comes out as red as ever.

his eyes move to balder, his body not shifting its position. "we barely survived with a bunch of people!" he coughs afterwards from having the wind punched out of him. "how could someone, alone and without a full party, survive for more than a few hours in whichever dimension those monsters came from?!"

kyle's blind rage causes him to ignore besides the touch of her hand. he squeezes her back subconsciously, though the force he exerted may have been too much.

he enters the next stage of grief: bargaining.

"you don't even have to come! i can just go in there alone, yeah? sounds good? you don't die and the only life at risk is mine. i'll find my own way back." his expression changes appropriately. "what do you even want? money? power? hell, take my position! just give me the portal!"

he turns to , who adds on to balder's speech. it doesn't change his stance, but it shows the opinion of the public. kyle knows he won't be getting any support from the crowd. he releases his grip on stormy's hand when he sees noah rush in. his blood boils at dragging him in the conflict he started, bringing kyle back to rationality.

"you're all playing safe." his tone shifts to his usual calm, composed one, bottling his emotions.

that was his main strategy for his pokemon battles. there often was too many holes and openings, and he had considered himself the worse out of the four for it, but that was fine. battles did not dictate everything. it matters on situations such as this, however.

"i wish you guys luck."

he grabs noah by his head, gripping into his skull and pulling him away from the danger. he whistles, recalling the manectric to his side from the type:null. sparks from the residual energy of the pokemon fly all over as the mega evolution is cancelled.

"y'all are stupid," he murmurs, barely audible for anyone to hear.

he turns to stormy. "i need that shoe. can you take it from her? thanks." and then to thomas. "you should hurry home too. i don't think i have the time to take her to the hospital."

kyle slings his arms around the shoulders of and drags him away from everyone. he shares no words with him as he leaves the scene. with his back against the people, the first of his sniffles start. "i'm sorry for dragging you there," he whispers to noah, "i'm not very good with words."

• continues to act irrational
  • gives up and asks stormy and thomas favors
  • calls his manectric away from the type:null
  • exits with noah

@tags
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 5:40:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"ka- argh!" he stills his tongue from spilling secrets. "you don't get it. he just..."

noah's eyes, misted with the red of indignation, glare pointedly at .

"kyle needs to learn some self-control?! sounds like a steaming pile of shit coming from the guy who ran a fucking mile just to punch him!"

his fight is not with . and although he is not pleased with his interception, he shoots him a softer glower before pulling away with a huff. noah's eyes are drawn to kyle's injury- but he spares one glance at where the wormhole once was.

how hopeless it must feel to have lost someone to a place that doesn't  "exist."

he's wrangled from his spot by . despite the brusque nature of his grip, noah pays no mind. he's quiet. trembling with the throes of what he perceives to be injustice.

noah supports his partner with his body and his words. he lets the voices and sounds fade in the distance.

"you don't need to be sorry... don't need to be good with words." noah's gaze flickers, tracing the other's for tears. "that's why i'm here."

he leaves, talking all the way home.

ny raid

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 7:54:38 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]

She hadn’t heard a command, and yet, her beast killer was bowled over by the not-so-stranger. Buzz went from lazily floating behind her to zipping to her side in the blink of an eye, both of his trained on the new threat.

A voice tinged by both surprise and confusion called out her Pokemon’s name, but it had its piercing eyes set on its new opponent. It had barely been thirty seconds since Annie had spoken to it about obedience, and that fact was all that kept a claw coated in blue out of the Manectric’s throat. Still, it was close. Dangerously close. She only needed to say the word.

She wouldn’t, of course. The man was a bully, and insane, and an asshole, and her eyes said as much, but she wasn’t about to risk her friend over that. Not after all they’d been through that night. Still, she was in no rush to respond, channelling a newfound frustration into her fists as she glared at him. In that moment, she couldn’t remember the man, but she decided that it wouldn’t be the last he heard of her.

Intervention stopped her short of having to act on that thought. A stranger – a wealthy stranger, apparently – offered her too much money in exchange for her prize, or maybe just to leave. Either way, he’d earned much more confusion than malice in the look she gave him. Why a single shoe meant so much to people, that still had two on their feet, she’d never know… But being able to buy shoes that actually fit was a much more appealing offer than giving into intimidation.

Before she could accept, the charging roar of a man she did recognise drew her attention. There was a twitch of a smile on her face as his fist greeted her attacker. It was cathartic, but it wasn’t enough to make him pay. It’d be a while before Annie forgot the first person to call him out.

The next face was familiar too, which made it all the more crushing when she heard its words. Scathing mockery for her, and nothing but sympathy for her aggressor. She’d expected better of her, if only because they’d met before, but it was clear she’d chosen her side. If the woman couldn’t see that her eyes had been tear-stained for much longer than she’d been talking to Kyle (or perhaps she’d chosen to ignore that much, if it meant he could be the hero in hers), then she had nothing polite to say to her.

The rest of the talk flew over her head. Portals. Matt-Tio. Some stranger charging in. Her only favourite masked vigilante jumping in and hadn’t Balder been glowing a few minutes ago? Why was he glowing again? She had too many questions, but she’d much rather get far away from the chaos than try to get answers out of it. Instead, she realised that she’d been standing in shock for too long, her beast stuck in a standoff the whole time. She’d like to have hoped that it wouldn’t lead to blood shed with the crowd around, but then, she also wouldn’t have hoped that a man would threaten her Pokemon’s life over a single shoe.

She turned to Stormy first, her gaze unsure whether to show betrayal or disgust or disappointment. She settled for the latter. “Your friend wants Frankie dead over a shoe, and I’m the only problem that you see here?” She wouldn’t bother wasting more words on a woman that showed her no love.

“I don’t get why it’s so important to you, but… sure.” Annie was in no position to turn down the cash, and so Thomas earned her treasure. “Thanks. For, you know, being reasonable. And nice.” Her attacker seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown, but Annie only cared that Frankie was set free. She dropped to her knees beside her chimera, making no attempt the concern in her eyes. Her tears had long since stopped falling, but for a brief moment they threatened to show themselves again. A slow blink from it confirmed that it was well (enough), and she whispered an apology before returning it to its ball.

Annie stood back up, knowing that she should have taken her leave. And yet, against her better judgement, she and her now-guarded Yanmega carefully made their way across the field. She tapped Balder from behind; if he turned, he’d see an oddly meek child, worn out by the night’s events, but still drawn to do the right thing. “I’ve only got one shoe… But that’s better than no shoes, right?” She offered him the money Thomas had just given her. Money that she needed, and she knew that she’d regret giving away, but who was she to stand by and watch somebody that had helped her struggle? “I think that you might need this more than I do, and that’s really saying something.”

TL;DR: Annie sells Mateo's shoe to , loses respect for , returns Type: Null, and attempts to give the money to .

[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 8:15:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Everything should have calmed down. Fernando expects to be the last one to lick his wound while he plays the role of councilman and puts duty before his own well-being. — if only because he know he's relatively fine. But when those down below start to run at each other, he can only surmise so much from a distance and is left helpless but to watch the situation unfold while he commands his Pokemon to descend.

Exchanges up close are near invisible from a distance but anyone can catch sight of Balder's hulking figure. He looms over them as his towering frame grows closer to Kyle. By the time Fernando is closer to the ground he can tell that the Gym Leader is running straight toward him. To console him? No. A thunderous roar emanates from him right before he assaults Kyle and Fernando's left utterly bewildered. There are few times that Silph comes across as genuinely shocked and this is one of them, eyebrows shooting up as his eye widen.

Monologues are passed and in between them an unfamiliar boy barrels past it all to follow up with Kyle's efforts with a little extra juice. A scuffle seem inevitable but things start to dwindle back down as spectators join in and try to deescalate the situation with words rather than action. Despite the urgency behind it, Fernando waits for solid footing and only when he can feel the Salamence buckle against the floor does he dismount to approach with an equally angry expression.

Fernando manages to approach near the tail end of Kyle's departure. He notes that Kyle keeps his company with the other combatant who had, presumably, come to his aide by retaliating against Balder for his initial blow. His eyes narrow in and his glare is spread across the field, each person equally blameful in his eyes until he gets a better grasp of the situation.

"Lopez." Fernando addresses Kyle first because he's the only one present that Fernando has any sort of relationship with. "What the hell is going on?" Although the councilman knows better than to bark orders at the rambunctious bunch of the Elite Four, the demand behind his tone mirrors that of Olivia's unbridled ambition.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]