4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
the village in moonlight [s]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2020 22:18:03 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

starting off slow with the conversation
"I'd like you to partner with me again."

The lakeside fringes of Oldale Town— the 'old Oldale Town', as the locals called it— was mostly a collection of quaint fishing shacks, two-story homes, logging depots, and open-air BBQ restaurants where the residents gathered. Here, the unspoken curfew that 'new' Oldale Town had was nonexistent. So, when Remiel and Stormy had arrived just past midnight, perhaps the latter would be surprised to see kids and adults alike still walking around the dirt-paved streets under the glow of moonlight.

People (the two dozen or so that were still awake) flocked to the handful of taco stalls lining the main road and open restaurants like moths to a flame. Where there was light, there was food, drink and cheer. Neighbors laughed and told each other old tales. Kids chased around Murkrow who tried to pick up the scraps. As opposed to earlier, when they had arrived in 'new' Oldale Town only to be surrounded by a gaggle of its residents, desperate to know what had happened at Altering Cave, the people in 'old' Oldale didn't seem to care about their arrival much.

They got a few looks, and that was all.

Content with that, Remiel had led Stormy to the front patio of one of the open-air restaurants nearby and together they sat around one of the tables upon the white plastic chairs provided. It was only after they'd ordered that the black-haired royal had cut to the chase with his question. His fingers drummed against the surface of the table, but it wasn't exactly a conscious effort. His sharp blue-grey eyes were fixed on Stormy's expression. His leg, folded over his knee, grew still when he'd stopped bouncing its foot. "There's something I must do, but I'm not sure I can do it alone. And you seem... capable."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 0:19:10 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

The air is crisp. It feels natural and welcoming despite the bite it takes off of her nose. The skin is pink where the wind had chilled her on the flight back to Oldale. Remiel had requested her company instead of parting ways and she had agreed. [break][break]

Her fingers brush against the soft tablecloth that expands over the table. Every once in awhile the corners snap in the wind, or an empty wine glass teeters before she presses it firmly against the table with her fingers.[break][break]

But it's calm.[break][break]

Oldale was no longer under siege from the Dracovish's strange power over the weather. What they were now experiencing was the tumultuous waves relaxing and falling back under. It's the calm after the storm.[break][break]

The ambient noise relaxes Stormy as she takes a deep breath and reclines in her chair. This is comfortable.[break][break]

It's Remiel's drumming on the table that acts as a distraction for her, and the woman tugs her attention from the commotion in the street to quietly regard the man's face. He's hard to read but it's clear there's something on his mind with his cryptic tone and question.[break][break]

"I'm flattered, but if this 'something you can't do alone' is something illegal, I'm not interested."[break][break]

Despite the seriousness of her words, the woman's smile is bright and teasing.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2020 23:54:46 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

just say 'pirates' remy, out with it
He almost adopts the persona of someone who is insulted by the thought. But the smile on her lips is easy enough to read, despite his lack of social ineptitudes. "Yes... I'd like you, an esteemed league member I only just met today, to help me smuggle in a shipment of illegal Protein." His attempt at sarcasm and humor, although the delivery wasn't exactly stellar. Awkward pause or not, Remiel continued on as if normal shortly afterwards.

"In all seriousness, I can assure you the task I've come upon is well within my rights as a citizen of Hoenn. I simply require a second-hand, and I wish to keep my affairs as private as possible. Which is why I haven't sent an official request out to the league."

The cicadas— or whatever manner of Bug-type pokémon they could be— buzzed in the forest bordering the old neighborhood. Incessant and without any form of symphony, it was almost as if they were taunting the surrounding Murkrow. But the crows didn't care. Remy, on the other hand, found it to be the only noise that succeeded in distracting him from one moment to next.

"You'll get paid, of course," He continued, wrapping two fingers around the handle of the copper cup containing his Moscow Mule. "Furthermore, if we're lucky, we'll have made the seas of Hoenn a little safer after it."

He stops then to take a sip from his drink.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 15:51:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy guffaws, amusement tickling her cheeks at his dry sarcasm. It was funny.[break][break]

"I pegged you as the illegal type."[break][break]

She winks, but Remiel is already brushing past his awkwardness to maintain conversation and pace. Clearly whatever he has in mind is important to him and her idle attempts at hilarity are left behind.[break][break]

"Worried the league might steal your goodies?"[break][break]

But she shrugs and reaches for the glass of wine she'd kept saving from being spilled. Her lips press to the glass as she takes a slow sip, peering at Remiel over the lip of her glass.[break][break]

At the mention of being paid, Stormy's eyebrows disappear into her bangs and she sets the glass back down, fingers pressing the base of the glass to the table.[break][break]

"What a tantalizing offer you've made, Remiel."[break][break]

She smiles, but if she's being honest, she isn't worried about the money. It's the second half of his offer that piques her interest. She'd much rather focus her efforts on keeping people safe than worrying about how heavy her change purse is.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 8:06:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

snippity-snap
"Yes, well... I'd certainly prefer this arrangement over the paperwork and taxes imposed upon me by the league for a similar request, anyway." He explained, still savoring the taste of the moscow mule on his tongue. Setting the copper cup down, the black-haired royal reached into his coat pocket before pulling out a small envelope, setting it down on the table, and sliding it across for the young woman to peruse at her leisure.

It primarily consisted of photos, some far blurrier than others, taken from an aerial view. In those that were clear of clouds or tuned in focus correctly, Stormy would be able to see a cargo ship sailing across the sea. Other photos showed a small group of smaller ships in pursuit. The largest of them donned a black flag, and dark figures seemed to travel beneath them. One of those dark figures was almost undoubtedly a large Gyarados underwater.

"These were taken yesterday, one-thousand or so miles off the coast of Slateport. In a stretch of sea the local sailors call the 'Siren's Graveyard'."

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 15:01:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"I'm flattered."[break][break]

Stormy takes a slow sip of her drink, eyes watching him over the rim of the cup. There's a smile pressed to her lips as she considers his offer, but honestly she's already agreed.[break][break]

He pushes a small envelope across the table for her and she reaches for it after his hand has retreated.[break][break]

Setting her drink back down, the woman does peruse as he intended, flipping carefully through the photos inside. There is the slightest, subtlest note of unease as she swallows. [break][break]

She'd known that there would be water involved, a fight on the sea. But the extent of this activity seemed far more dangerous than expected.[break][break]

"You must be important."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 18:10:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

mmm

The waiter soon returned, briefly interrupting Remiel's response to Stormy's latest assumption as he ferried over the young royal's dessert and whatever the young lady may or may not have ordered. In Remiel's case, he had a delectable-looking chocolate lava cake placed in front of him. He would have ordered dinner, but it was late. And they wouldn't be here too long. Regardless, the lad typically liked to cut to the chase anyway with dessert. 

Improper, of course.

But he was long since his own man now.

After the waiter expressed gratitude and excused himself, Remiel unwrapped the fork and knife set from the napkin it had been encased in, then set to carving out a piece of chocolate lava cake for himself. "You must not keep up with tabloids, Miss Silph. I'm impressed. They tend to speak about you a lot, I hear.” He spoke, raising the piece of cake into his mouth and savoring it.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 4:39:16 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy, like Remiel, had ordered dessert - effectively skipping dinner and diving straight into the good stuff. His lava cake flows wonderfully onto his plate, while her simple but reliable slide of lemon meringue pie jiggles only twice as it is set in front of her.[break][break]

She is very suddenly struck with mild envy as she stares at his ooey-gooey goodness on his side of the table. If that emotion presents on her face, however, it is fleeting as she smiles across the table at him.[break][break]

The fork is promptly unwrapped as she pieces off the first bite, holding it gently to her lips a moment as Remiel speaks. It is then lowered a bit as she tilts her head curiously at his comment.[break][break]

"Do they? Hmm."[break][break]

Genuine surprise is evident in the pitch of her voice, and she seems to abandon her dessert for a moment to think about what he's said.[break][break]

"Do they speak.. highly, of me?"[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 19:25:25 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Remiel's eyes catch sight of her envy for the briefest of moments, and settle on her lips as she takes a bite of her own dessert. Her smile is met with an indifferent stare, before he looks down at his lava cake and begins carving out another piece for himself. "They do what all tabloids do: thrill the masses with stories based on conjecture. I don't personally read them myself, aside from the headlines on occasion."

He forks another piece of the dessert into his mouth, careful not to drip any of the sweet chocolate onto the table or off his lips and onto his chin. After savoring the taste once more, he sets his fork and knife down on the plate and looks across at her. "If the latest headline is to be believed, you and Elite Four member are currently embroiled in a 'messy break-up' after an incident at the hot springs."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 16:28:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The subtle tartness of the lemon is her primary focus for the moment, and she nearly reaches for a second bite immediately after. But it's Remiel's attention that reabsorbs her own and she hesitates, offering him a raised eyebrow.[break][break]

"I see. The headlines are supposed to be what brings you in, though, aren't they?"[break][break]

Her eyes watch his fork as he brings up another piece of his dessert. Once again she's struck with the mild disappointment that she should have chosen a chocolate treat as well.[break][break]

But her eyes flirt back to Remiel's abruptly following his next comment.[break][break]

"I'm fairly certain I'm not 's type, but I am flattered. Sort of."[break][break]

She spares a laugh as she gathers another bite of pie onto her fork.[break][break]

"We're just friends, however. They probably caught me yelling at him for spilling his drink in the hot springs or something - he's clumsy."[break][break]

And then she takes another bite.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 22:39:16 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Rather than shrug, Remiel nodded his head in understanding as they both partook of their respective desserts. The personal and romantic affairs of the Elite Four were their own, as far as he was concerned. He didn't need nor particularly care for any explanation on her behalf. But it was all interesting nonetheless.

Eventually, as they finished savoring their morsels, his sharp blue-grey eyes settled back on the documents between them before looking up at Stormy again. "So the assignment... have you come to decision about joining it or not? If you have further questions, as well, you are free to ask."

Regardless of the infamy of his royal family, Remiel hoped she would join. He was almost certain he could get by without her otherwise. Though it would certainly be far more difficult that way. But her participation in this endeavor went beyond boosting the odds in his favor.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 3:37:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy studies her partner a moment, watching his face for any break in expression - except there is none. He is calm, collected, indifferent. It's almost unsettling at the same time as relieving.[break][break]

The man's eyes glance back to the documents spread neatly in between them, and Stormy's fingers find purchase once again over the files. Her eyes flirt briefly over the text and the photos. She'd already made her decision.[break][break]

"I'm not one to back down from a challenge, and this sounds like an interesting one. Albeit a little bit.. suspicious, perhaps."[break][break]

An inquisitive and probing smirk spreads across her face as she resumes studying his face.[break][break]

"When do we leave?"[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 1:51:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Remiel finds her upbeat and somewhat smug demeanor as curious to decipher as he finds it amusing. There is certainly a lot more to Stormy Silph that he'd be interested in uncovering. There must be with someone in a position and, more importantly, a history such as hers.

A Murkrow hops on over from the shadows nearby, tilting its head expectantly at Remiel after eyeing the chocolate cake on the table in front of him. Before the Galarian royal responds to Stormy's inquiry, he glances down at the crow on the ground before picking up his fork and carving out another piece from the lava cake.

"We leave at dawn," He said in a matter-of-fact manner, unperturbed by the idea that she might need more time to prepare. Dawn, after all, was only several hours away. But, instead, he forked the piece of cake he carved off and paused, despite the excited Murkrow down below dancing on the ground with its yellow feet. "Perhaps they'll give us adjacent prison cells when this is all over." Another stony-faced tease before he forked the cake into his mouth, knowingly disappointing the Murkrow. It gawked at him as he savored the treat.

If it had been looking for a handout, perhaps it would have been better off asking the scantily-clad lady. 
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 14:15:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The woman purses her lips, considering his matter-of-fact tone. She idly scoops the last piece of her pie, savouring the bite. As it melts in her mouth and she starts to chew, she nudges the plate further to the center of the table, indicating she had finished.[break][break]

"We'd better get some sleep then."[break][break]

Her eyes follow the interaction between himself and the Murkrow, who now sat at his heels agape with disbelief. A fair chunk of leftover pie crust sits solemnly on her plate, and she tosses it to the ground in front of the bird.[break][break]

While it switches fascination from Remiel to Stormy, the woman looks back up at her partner, amusement tickling her lips at his tease.[break][break]

"It's difficult to determine if you're joking when you betray no emotion. Why so serious?"[break][break]

With a deep breath, however, she averts her attention to flagging down the waiter and requesting the bill.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 0:15:01 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Remiel doesn't regard the Murkrow after Stormy's thrown it a piece of her crust. It's not worthy regarding, at that point. As he sets down his fork and grabs his serviette to pat his lips clean, however, she grabs his attention with a question about his personality. How forward, he thinks. He only responds after finishing his task and setting the serviette back down, folding it into a neat rectangle for the waiter to pick up with his dish.

"Why are we the way we are? That's an interesting question, Miss Silph. One with a list of complicated answers, depending on who you ask." He replies, rising from his seat and leaning forward to gather the documents back into their folder for her. "Perhaps the more we work together, the clearer your picture of me will become, hm?"

And, with that, he hands over the folder for her to keep and possibly look over tonight. The waiter arrives with the check afterwards, Remiel pays it in full, and the two soon part ways. Though certainly not for long.

F I N

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW