Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 20:14:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
It was a bit too surreal for him, coming back to Rustboro after all that had happened. The New Year's incident, the continued misdealings of Rocket... and yet here he was in this quaint little city, enjoying the waxing sunrise as it crept up over the horizon. The sky was a palette of peach colors, pink, orange and deeper hues of red blending together as the sun heralded a new dawn.

Adrian took a drag of his cigarette before outing it against the rail, flicking it towards a nearby ash tray, favoring the bedazzling view to the fumes.

He could've had this view from his apartment, but the wind on his face with the lingering smell of sea breeze was something rarely captured, and so he relished this morning outing. Days like this were meant to be savored, not spent hiding indoors.

The shrill cries of gulls could be heard as their silhouettes blended into the seaside portrait in a way that was nostalgic to any beach outing. It made him look ahead to the summer, certain to be filled with many luxuries, a thriving boardwalk economy for Slateport despite its recent disaster...

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 4:28:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar

rustboro in february. the old-time stone is soaked in morning colour. although many rise with leaden limbs, noah snaps to the bright occasion. his shoelaces are tied freshly, their curls bouncing with every crisp step of his morning run.

against the backdrop of dawn, noah works a sweat. the cold of morning carries the slightest scent of brine. his hoodie strings bounce against his chest, and his breath billows white. like the white of his shaking earphone cords.

but his run slows at a familiar face of some contained celebrity. although his sneakers come to a drawling gait, his heart rate is not lost, for the man before him is singing in his ears.

noah pulls an earphone bud from his ear. it falls, dangling like a flower grown too tall.

"no way." noah picks his bud up again and fishes in his pocket. he raises the volume of his phone there, and "IN BED WITH A MONSTER" begins to blare from the speaker. "you're adrian malcolm, right? the guy who sings this?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 5:28:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's immersing himself with the view before him when he hears the sound of whatever is jamming on someone's earbuds; it is growing louder, much closer to him than he expected. There's a sporty looking kid standing behind him in what might've been awe. He's fixated on Adrian, and it only makes him exceedingly self-conscious, especially when he realizes what they're asking.

His jaw kinda goes slack as he fumbles for the words to respond, proving a bit bewildered by their approach. He wasn't accustomed to this stuff.

Huh, I've never been recognized before...

A look almost like fear glazes over his eyes as he tries to figure out how to cope. Part of him, mostly his stomach, is giddy with butterflies of excitement. I got recognized by someone who actually likes my music. That's... Holy crap. He wanted to capture this moment, if only so that he could rub it in someone's face. Suddenly he was puffing up with a bit of swollen pride. "Yeah."

It'd only taken him a full minute to answer, but he was getting somewhere. "It was my song, I wrote it." It had honestly felt like one of his more... spiteful songs, without a whole lot of creativity. It was more about the expression...

...An expression of embittered disapproval.

He'd almost come to regret writing it by now.

His hand reflexively scratched at the nape of his neck, an anxious smile spreading across his face.

"I'm surprised you recognized me at all," Adrian managed to force out the words.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 3:21:22 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"aw right, you wrote it too." noah scratches his bare stomach, his shirt skirting around his knuckles. "sometimes i'm like, i could do that, but what i write is like, super stupid, man."

he laughs, the cold morning air drawn generously into his chest. noah lets the bud dangle; still, the music is loud enough for the two to hear, but not enough to distract from conversation.

"what can i say, man?" noah shrugs. he keeps his arms up as he walks forward. "i snoop around- or just check social media tons, y'know."

the cold begins to prickle his skin with goose flesh. having stopped his run, his breath now calm, the cool of dawn sneaks past his walls.

"what made you write the song? i've always wondered."
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 7:49:29 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"It all feels stupid when you're..." He was going to say sober, but what kind of message did that send? And Hell, even doped up he was usually extremely self-conscious and judgmental of his work. It's not like every modern artist felt like they were Beethoven or Mozart incarnate. It took a huge rapport from thousands of fans to even begin to make a dent in someone's opinion of themselves, before they stopped being so critical.

Did he even have a hundred fans, let alone thousands? Let alone millions... Adrian didn't see that happening to him, not in a million years.

"...Beginning." Hopefully he overlooked the long pause without question. Adrian himself was beginning to feel a bit cornered by them now as they took a step closer. It's not like he was popular enough to have crazy fanatics hunting him down, right...? His adam's apple undulated with a gulp.

"Well, thanks. I'm glad you appreciate it."

It still felt surreal, but it hadn't gone sour yet, and he was acclimating to it. Part of him thought it was going rather well, and then a lead weight hit his stomach when they asked him a question of their own. Ah, shit. Should he try skirting around it?

It'd been asked of him by a few people, but he tried to keep it... private. For all parties involved. Sucking in a sharp breath, he delved into the nuances of his explanation as best he could without forfeiting any personal information about Monty.

"I thought more of someone than they thought of me," he offered them with a foul taste in his mouth as he managed to utter the words without any malice. It was a very abrupt yet blunt explanation, but it described the situation succinctly. "And the 'other guy' was a dick."

He wouldn't even deign an introduction at the Aurorus Ball, selectively ignoring him.

Cocking his eyebrows with a roll of the eyes, he secretly wished he hadn't outed the cigarette, if only to give him something else to fixate on. To this day he was still bitter about it. Might even take this grudge to the grave as it currently stood.

"You probably could've guessed as much from the lyrics, though. Sorry if you wanted more specifics, but that's confidential," he said teasingly. "Gonna need Level 1 clearance there, bub." He managed a laugh, though he quickly rounded on his fan, a squint to his eyes.

"Do I get to ask any questions? I wanna know who you are, and it seems only fair since you know me," he's got a bit of the 'puppy eyes' going on, although he's also trying to guilt them into it.

It's been awhile since he's done the whole 'mingling' thing, but this feels like it's gone well. It couldn't hurt to test out the waters for awhile.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 9:29:01 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah crosses his arms. but they hold loosely together, refusing any implication of being stand-offish or uncomfortable. instead, noah frowns with the slightest pearl of uncertainty rolling against his palate.

"that's rough, buddy. i kinda know how that feels." he tilts his head, as if the weight of some unpleasant memory is pushing it there. "i respect that, though. i won't pry."

as adrian presses, his manner of speech addicting to tune in to, noah can't help but laugh himself. the guilt trip works; noah is not one to hide from someone's eyes.

"sure! ask away. i don't think you even need level one clearance." noah raises his arms. he knits his fingers together and rests the back of his head in that net. "i'm noah- let's get that question out the way."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 21:22:28 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Noah? Well, nice to meet you, Noah," he dips his head a bit formally, but he's hardly finished with the interrogation. "What kinda work d'ya do? Are you a trainer? You've gotta be..."

Who wasn't a trainer at this point? Adrian's fixation couldn't be impeded for the city waking up around them, the rising ambiance of traffic and the clamor of footsteps as other joggers passed them by.

He's a bit preoccupied with his side of the conversation when a light bulb goes off in his head, although it's equal parts hubris as it is realization. It might've been a bit of a presumption, but...

"Did... did you want an autograph, or...?"

Faintly flushed and speaking with a distinct uncertainty, Adrian makes it sound like an offer, although he just as quickly wishes he hadn't. If only because it's a little embarrassing and uncanny.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 1:26:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"kinda! transitioning to one, i guess."

noah tilts his body from the side to side in a contemplative stretch. "but i do fights and bodyguarding. like y'know, get down ms. commissioner! and i tackle while bullets fly."

he chuckles at his own dramatization while willfully ignoring the parade of joggers. their pace is steady. noah has forgotten his goal; his fit bit has given up keeping track of his heart.

"oh crap. yeah, i do. do you have a marker on you?" noah scrounges his pockets for paper. even if he were not out jogging, the chance that he'd bring along a notebook would have been slim.

instead, he improvises. his inside-out pockets reveal the dilemma.

"i got a million hoodies like this. do you wanna sign it instead?" noah says.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 2:52:57 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"If you want..." He's not sure what felt marker will do on a fabric canvas. Probably bleed into it if he holds the tip in one spot for too long, which makes him nervous. Pointlessly ruining his clothes... well, that'd just be a major waste.

Adrian manages to find a marker on his person. It's not the sort of thing just anyone keeps on hand, but he's a lyricist, and sometimes inspiration just hits you. He's tried bringing a pencil before, but the lines fade. And putting a pen in your pocket, well, that's a good way to ruin a pair of pants...

"Not sure how it'll turn out, if I'm honest."

With an uncapped marker in hand and a focused glint in his eyes, matched with his tongue sticking out in typical trope fashion, Adrian prepares to put pen to fabric and give Noah his John Hancock.

"Did you want it on the back? You're gonna have to hold still for me so I don't ruin it."

If it turned out like crap he was definitely going to blame Noah, just because he didn't want to live with the guilt of ruining their jogging outfit.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 22:06:48 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"doesn't matter. like it does, but if you mess up, we'll just have to have a proper one next time, yeah?"

noah chuckles, stuffing his pockets back. he turns around presenting his broad back. it's clear the hoodie's material won't be conducive to their impromptu calligraphy; however, it should do just fine. it's durable, but worn down: a jogging outfit worn over many years.

"gonna admit. i'm sorta ticklish," noah tilts his head to the side, and peers back at the musician with a playful smile. his teeth catch a diamond of rising sun. "you might need to hold me in place juuust in case, haha!"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 2:52:28 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Next time? You plannin' to make a habit of bumping into me?" He feigned accusation and distrust, but it was a delightful prospect, meeting up with Noah again. They were becoming an addiction of his, being they were so polite and forward, even chivalrous. In short, they were fun.

Holding the marker closer as he hovered, Noah made a last second confession that made him bashful. "Hold you in place...?" Recollections of wrapping an arm around another like an arm bar, restraining others in his embrace...; he's twice as bashful, forced to push those memories away.

"If you say so," he murmurs in compliance.

He's a fan, I can't... look at him like... that.

Crap, I am looking at him like that...

His left palm rises to Noah's shoulder, bracing him there while he decides where to pen his signature. The felt tip teeters down to the small of his back before snapping back up to the crevasse of his shoulder blades. Even through the layers of clothing, they are chiseled and lean. His left shoulder is firm beneath his grasp, provoking adulterous temptation. Adrian's only able to imagine how deep his blush is. "Looking good..."

"The signature, I mean," he quickly amends.

A few brief strokes later, after what feels like an era passing him by, Adrian pulls the tip away from Noah's back before capping it. "It's no John Hancock, but I think it looks nice. Do you?"

Taking a step back, he awaits their verdict.

Please like it, please like it... It's not that he doesn't want an excuse to have to meet up with Noah again, but he's hoping to see their eyes light up with the small gesture he's given them.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 20:29:05 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"why not?" he laughs. several strands of hair fall across his face, the slightest sheen of sweat catching them against his skin. "hoenn's smaller than you think."

feeling adrian's hand against his shoulder, noah braces himself for the tickling of pen. a few breaths, shaky and tingled with the risibility of touch, threaten adrian's signature. but it's quick. the crisp capping sound of a pen prompts noah to swivel around on the balls of his feet.

noah tries to look back, swinging his head over his shoulder to no avail. "let me get a better look at it." he unzips his hoodie. one half remains clinging on his bare skin, while the other swings open like half a window shutter.

noah's starry-eyed expression flickers from the signature to adrian's before he clothes himself again. he lets the zipper dangle loosely, too lazy to keep himself presentable.

"it looks sick, man. thanks." scratches his cheek, thinking still. "maybe this is sorta greedy of me, but can we take a selfie too? like, an autograph is nice- but i remembered i'll have to throw this into the wash."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 20:12:40 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's fulfilled by their jovial display, getting a dose of that warm, fuzzy feeling they talk about in kid's shows. "Glad you like it." He'd pull out his phone to check the time, and boy, did it fly.

His happiness deflated like a balloon past its prime when they mentioned needing to wash it. "Oh..." Why hadn't either of them realized sooner? Perhaps Adrian though they would just preserve it as it was, like some valuable memorabilia...

But it's not like his signature was worth anything yet, and he was still an upstart, so he scolded himself internally before relenting. The phone he'd checked for the time was now in his hand, deft digits bringing up a camera app. "Yeah, 'course!"

It'd be something he could commemorate this by too, which made it all the more tempting an offer.

Releasing his Vileplume, he set the phone in its hands. "Rover'll take the picture, so get over here," he said impatiently with a bit of giddy bleeding through his tone. Adrian puffed up his chest, straightening out his posture, trying to embody the rocker idol he styled himself as.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 2:55:28 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"you gotta send me the photo if you're using your phone." noah says, withdrawing his own cellphone. usually the fan's phone was used, he thought. then again, he didn't argue, "is that a sneaky way of getting my number?"

he chuckles loudly. enough so that his voice carries into the nearby roads with a powerful punch. noah drapes his arm over the other's shoulder, perhaps firmly enough so that it would deflate adrian's proper stance.

noah grins, raising a peace sign for victory.

"cheese!"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it'll last longer [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 23:30:05 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Maybe," he admits shamelessly. "You said you're a bodyguard, right? Might be useful."

That was, of course, a convenient white lie.

Noah's able to pull him into the same frame, catching Adrian off guard, but it's a welcome surprise. They seem to be taking it so casually, like a picture of two pals bumping into one another, that he feels compelled to follow suit and act more familiar. Maybe the word was approachable?

Jutting out his tongue in some attempt to be edgy or hip, Adrian can tell Rover is preparing to take the picture. Noah's also in pose, although it seems much more relaxed than his own, which feels rigid and restrained. In the final moments before snapping the picture, Adrian raises a matching peace sign behind Noah's head, donning him with a fresh pair of rabbit ears as a photobomb. Ha ha.

Adrian motions for Rover to give him the phone, which Adrian plucks from its grasp before smoothing his fingers over its petals dotingly.

"Thanks bud," he murmurs before withdrawing Rover into its pokeball, then rounding on Noah.

"So, what's your number?" Adrian's ears pique up for Noah to list off the string of digits.