4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
the cabinet of dr. quinn [s]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 4:54:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

After sliding the curtains closed, changing the atmosphere in the bookstore lounge from a dull yellow to a warm orange, Remiel turned to regard the somewhat shy Alcremie that had been summoned into the room with them. He could only guess what the circumstances between Gavin, Isra, and the Fairy-type meeting had been, but he slightly hoped Isra would enlighten him later at some point. Coincidences, and the chance encounters that led up to them, were always of interest to the man, who hardly believed in such a concept as 'fate'.

Nonetheless, Remiel saunters over to the main couch and seats himself across from Isra, propping his elbows on his knees after he leans forward to interlace his hands and look over the Grimchiridion. When Isra offers them the chance to continue their conversation, the young royal looks up at her with his indifferent eyes. "I believe we've nearly reached the end of it." He shifts those sharp eyes towards Gavin afterwards. They carry the look of a man who can see more than he's sharing.

"There are many questions to be answered, and I'm certain you've got plenty, but I believe I've explained the crux of this cause well enough to earn a response to the proposition of joining... wouldn't you say?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 21:17:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Observant eyes may notice that the Alcremie doesn't seem to know what the Banette expects from her: she tilts her head, glancing nervously between Isra, the ghost-type, and her own trainer — who has returned his attention to Remiel, and doesn't notice — for some sort of guidance. She had been the only Pokemon of the blubbering baker they'd stolen her from, and none of Cillian's other Pokemon could be considered the playful sort.[break][break]

Having chosen to ignore how quickly Isra had dismissed his concerns, the scientist addresses Remiel.[break][break]

"I do indeed have many questions," he confirms, dipping his head, "but there will be time enough to have them answered as we work together."[break][break]

A slight smile curves at the edge of his lips. A rare, genuine gesture. "I would not see myself on opposing sides with a most esteemed admin of our organization... nor do I wish to tempt the wrath of a Nightingale." He chuckles, low in his throat, finally glancing to Isra. There's humour in his eyes. She did not understand the extent of his paranoia, nor the reasons behind it. She never will, should all go to plan. "Besides, I've always liked a good puzzle. On behalf of House Quinn, I accept your proposal."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 22:56:49 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra makes no move to interact with the alcremie beyond flashing the pokemon a gentle smile, her banette will figure it out well enough. The same shadow that had dampened her footsteps on her way here reaches out from below him, shaping itself into a ghostly set of hands once he realizes she doesn't quite understand the game. He demonstrates for her, the puppet playing with his own shadow before returning to her again. Far too enthralled with the game to care about murmuring of humans around them.

Her eyes land on Remiel's as he takes a seat, there's a momentary look of disappointment on her face at his comment. Her attention shifts back to Gavin when he responds and it certainly doesn't helps in the slightest, though he earns a small chuckle at his want to avoid her wrath. "Well this is disappointing, I've missed all the fun parts of the conversation haven't I?"

It bothers her more than she lets on, but it's too be expected. Isra is used to being in the outlying orbit. Her keeps ensures she never gets the same chances as everyone else, and times like this are best played off than dwelled on.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 9:35:28 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

Despite the unchanging, and potentially unsettling, lack of expression, Remiel is glad to hear Gavin's response. The man is mistaken to believe that a rejection of this offer would place him in direct conflict with him, of course. But saying so would not do nothing to help. In addition, there was the certain idea that this type of private manner was best kept exactly that: private. And anyone who knew about it but wasn't directly involved could be considered a liability. But he wasn't the sort to act so rashly. He'd taken his precautions beforehand.

As for the 'wrath' of the Nightingale, well... Remiel certainly couldn't make any promises as to that.

Regardless, Gavin was smart to have made the decision he had made. It was primarily in his own self-interest, after all. Together they stood a better chance. "I am pleased to hear that," The Galarian nods, turning to Isra shortly afterwards. "And if it is conversation you'd like, Miss Nightingale, the evening has only just begun. There's something I wanted to speak to you about, in fact." He turns to Gavin afterwards, eyeing him again for a silent moment before continuing. "Since you're a part of this now, you're welcome to stay and listen as well. Though I would understand if the excitement of our meeting has worn you out." He added.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 10:06:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Alcremie seems to catch on to the Banette's wishes at last, anxiously mirroring its movements in an attempt to play along. Cillian watches her for a moment before turning his attention back to his fellow Rockets and shaking his head.[break][break]

"You did not miss as much as you might think, don't worry. We've kept it brief."[break][break]

It seems as if their meeting is drawing to a close, but Cillian remains at the top of the stairs as Remiel begins to speak. He is invited to remain, and though the lateness of the evening has indeed settled as a weariness in his limbs, his insatiable curiosity demands his presence for this talk.
[break][break]
"Not at all," he says, and demonstrates a certain measure of acceptance for his changing situation by resuming his earlier seat. He is still hyper-aware of every movement, never fully allowing himself to relax, but if they are in this together... "I'd be most interested to know more."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2020 20:48:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The alcremie mimics him and the Banette grins with delight. A little hop of his feet says as much before he continues on in his game with her. Something to calm the little anxieties in her movements. It's a mindless little game, something he'll repeat with her in the background until he is told do something else.

Isra waves off Gavin's comment, it's simply the way of things. She accepts it for what it is and does not need the platitude that passes by his lips. It does little to change the fact she has surely missed something and even the smallest of things can have greater baring on words swimming about her head than any of them might realize. Sometimes it is the smallest of things that makes everything fall into place. She does not expect it to be understood.

Instead the woman chooses to settle into the seat she's taken over. Leaning into the back of the chair ever so slightly, a gentle roll of her shoulders allowing her to relax. There's no denying the easy comfort she portrays in their presence because though it may not be apparent she feels no need to be on edge in the presence of either of them though for very different reasons. "Conversation is always welcome Remiel, though I do hope you have less questions this time."

Her tone is teasing of course, she doesn't mind nearly as much as she should. Amethyst eyes flit between the two men that she shares the room with, curiosity apparent when they settle back on Remiel, content to wait for him to take lead in a conversation that is surely his to command.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 5:27:04 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Despite the palpable tension Remiel felt emanating from the man, Gavin is willing to entertain the idea of staying put. At least for a little while longer. This pleases him, and he watches behind wooden-framed glasses as the man retakes his seat. Then shifts that gaze at the lady relaxing in hers— formerly, his own, of course.

"There are always more questions," The young royal replies, leaning back into an upright seated position on the couch as his hands form a tent upon his lap. "And we should always strive to unmask their mysteries, should we not? But alas... I've news of a potential recruitment... and a potential rival who has only just arrived in Hoenn."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2020 7:43:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Naturally, Gavin's attention immediately zeroes in on a prospective threat.[break][break]

"A rival?" Amber eyes shine with a certain intensity behind his glasses as Gavin leans forward in his chair. "Who?"[break][break]

The hard edge to his tone is telling: threats were things to be eliminated. Something he was good at.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: shorter post to avoid keeping y'all waiting longer!

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON May 23, 2020 7:53:52 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

There is a quirk of her eyebrow that comes and goes with the fickleness of her interest. though the woman makes no move to leave her eyes drop to the pokemon playing between the group.

The notion of rivals means nothing to her, even as she accepts her part in this little gathering. Whatever their part may be and whoever they are will simply be another name on a list ever growing. Meager associations hold no hope of getting her to care.

Isra makes no move to inquire further, choosing instead to wait and listen to the voices in the room and the whispers in the dark. Spectres and shadows tell more than moving lips ever could.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 18:50:32 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Remiel is quick to note the severity in the cold timbre of Gavin's voice. His seemingly perpetual nonchalant eyes meet with the man's steely glare, and he becomes all too certain of the intent behind them. The royal briefly ponders whether the following revelation would change that in any capacity. Not because he cares to change that mindset, of course. But because it would speak a lot to Gavin's character, whichever route he decided to take.

He spares a momentary glance at Isra, who appears distracted by the playing pokémon nearby. Though Remiel is certain she has her ear on the conversation nonetheless. "Andal Calcifet," He finally reveals, turning back to look Gavin directly in the eye. "My cousin. We haven't spoken in years, but I would be foolish to think his arrival in Hoenn is simply a mere coincidence. Furthermore, my sources tell me he's paid for travel to Fallarbor Town."

Suddenly, without being commanded but sensing the instruction anyway, the pages of the massive tome on the table began to flip through themselves until finally landing on a precise pair. The title at the top of the page of the left read 'House de Coventre'. It was accompanied by an illustration of a woman titled as 'Verabelle de Coventre', a medical practitioner with Obscura:

Though the text is upside-down for him, Remiel regards it for a moment anyway before looking back up. "The descendants of the de Coventre lineage have since adopted the surname Odemiya here. As far as my research has concluded, one particular descendant, a nurse at the Fallarbor Town pokémon center, is the closest thing to a suitable heir the de Coventre lineage has. Which makes her a prime target for recruitment... and, naturally, those competing against us."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 23:41:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Calcifet.

A relative, then, or else an extraordinary coincidence. Gavin's expression does not shift from that of cold determination, not even when the relation to Remiel was revealed: a cousin.[break][break]

Gavin thinks of his own cousins, the cut-throat environment in which they were raised. He would not hesitate to bring them down if they were to get in his way. He wonders if Remiel will be any different. How soft was the heart beyond the placid exterior?[break][break]

A dry huff of laughter bubbles up in Gavin's throat.[break][break]

"Fallarbor, hm? How interesting." His thumb lazily traces a scar along his palm. "I have certain ties to the place. Chances are, I've met this nurse of yours. Do you have a description?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 5:59:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Isra leaves the talking to the boys, they seem far more interested in the discussing of the matter than she is. Or rather, more so than she seems to be. The air of half listening half not is well practiced and adorned with earnest. Her decision to let them talk and to listen is deliberate.

The turning pages on the table take her attention more strongly, but she waits her turn. It is only during a polite break in the conversation that she stands and moves quietly to stand before the book. A glance at her Banette and the ghosts shadow sneaks out from under him, reaching across the floor to her. Initially it lifts from the floor as a fist, grasped tightly until it merges with itself into a block that plants itself firmly behind her.

The woman takes her new seat before the ancient pages. A place she's been once before not that long ago. Her eyes do not move from the words anymore than her Banette ceases in his play. Save for the glance she spares Remiel before returning her attention shadows and tales that may very well be older than anything else in the room.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 9:41:57 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Gavin's expression is as unchanging as his own. And there's a degree of newfound respect that spawns from the gesture. An individual with the cold, hard determination to make decisions others would find morally difficult... an individual like that could go far. Though he has to wonder whether this one could actually do what needed to be done, whenever the time came. He supposed they would find out soon enough.

"I have nothing more than a name at the moment: Chrissy Odemiya. Additional information is forthcoming. But we should make haste rather than wait for it... wouldn't you agree? A name is plenty to go on here in this region... unfortunately, that applies to the benefit of our competitors as well." He adds.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 11:20:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

If Remiel is disturbed by Gavin's apparent readiness to act, he does not show it. Nor does Gavin himself show any sign of potential misgivings beneath the surface, the morals buried beneath an icy mask.[break][break]

Isra, it seems, has lost all interest in the conversation. He suspects she is still listening — would be hard-pressed not to, in the quiet of the room — but makes no attempt to draw her back into the discussion. Besides, Calcifet had expressed intent to wrap up soon enough.[break][break]

"Should I assume that our intention is to recruit this cousin of yours ourselves?" Gavin levels his gaze with Remiel's. "Or did you have something else in mind?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 5:24:21 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Her brow quirks at their conversation, focusing on it for but a moment before her attention returns to the book. The name is committed to memory, much can be found with just a name alone if one knows the right places to ask and to look. Though Isra declines to voice her opinion it doesn't mean she won't take greater interest with time.

A hand hovers over the pages, mouthing phrases she wants to remember, things that she finds curious (the entire thing is curious, holding a truth it should not hold) and pieces that she can't help but be drawn back to. Her musings only last so long as it takes her to read the words however.

She wishes to see more of it while they talk, but does not wish to touch the pages. Instead her fingers hover over the corner, motioning the turning of the page, as if to ask for more. At least until the two of them say something she feels the need to comment on.

sorry didn't realize this was waiting on me again