4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
like stars in the sand [remiel]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 4:38:34 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

THEME

50's

It's an unexpected response he receives, and his eyes slightly widen upon hearing it. They relax again when he turns to look at her, quickly realizing that she had asked it in earnest. The phrase 'I'm sorry' is one that (these days) finds itself naturally in expressions of empathy. Remiel was keen to notice it more than most, considering he hardly ever expressed himself in an empathetic way.

Even so, the black-haired prince takes a moment to process her words, then looks off at the bright moon reflected on the night sea as his own mind stirs. "Someone once told me the thread of human hope is spun with the flax of sorrow... I suppose it is easier for me to see that from the outside-in. To live with a heart sensitive to others is to suffer. Not only that, but it's incredibly brave."

'Bravery is stupidity lauding itself a hero.'

No... that was wrong.

This wasn't it.

Tentatively (though he doesn't know why), Remiel turns back to meet his blue-gray eyes with her hues of amethyst. "I've never been that brave... so when I say that 'I'm sorry' you need to know that I mean it. You've done something I haven't ever dared to do... something admirable. And if there was any way for me to make it right for you, I would." He pauses, then his mouth slips into an easy smile.

In a tender flow of motion, he reaches up to frame the side of her face with one hand as he leans in; his eyes connecting with hers so easily when their lips are only inches away. "'Most people' are content with the surface of you, Isra, even if they don't understand it. And especially if they think they do." That hand on the side of her face gently slides down until it becomes two fingers cupping the tip of her delicate chin. His eyes shift down to admire her lips.

"But they have it all wrong... they're too afraid to dive deep. Too complacent to deify the mystery for what it is: another facet of what it means to truly live." And, in a blink, he returns to meet her gaze with his own. "... Wouldn't you agree?"

The gap between them closes even more; slowly. He's just waiting for her on bated breath in the moonlight.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 5:55:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
She watches him, listens as he speaks, though the letters of his words jump around in her head like crickets in the summer night her calmness remains unsettled now. It fits onto her shoulders like her shawl does, slips into her features like it belongs with her and her alone. She's incredibly comfortable in that moment beside the coming and going water as he answers her.

He comes closer and her eyes are on his, surprisingly enraptured by action and word alike. There is something like stars in his eyes, twinkling dust on his words and it brings a smile to her lips and his commentary comes to a close her response it doubtful to be he expects.

But perhaps he'll learn to eventually.

She laughs.

Gentle and sweet, genuine, it's apparent in how she tucks her face down for a moment, as if she might hide the look on her face in his hand. Her eyes settle on his chest for a moment, smile wide and pleasant. When her eyes return to him it is with a soft whisper on her lips and amusement in her tone. "You really are quite dramatic, aren't you?"

Isra thinks she does not need his words, they are meant for others who do not stand in the shadows like she does. Whatever their intention it is lost on her, and yet they hang there before her all the same. She does not need his gentleness, his fingertips on her chin to pull her in for she will take what she pleases from him just as she does any other. She does not need inquiries and he does not need her answers, the surface of a shadow is acceptable. The idea of a ghost is tantalizing. There need not be more.

Despite this, she rewards him still, with a kiss. Bridging the gap between them without hesitation but she does not linger on him long. The woman pulls away from him just as quickly, seeking the freedom of her feet in the cold waters again. "Keep your pleasantries Remiel, save them for the ones that need them."

Isra does not stop smiling, stepping backwards into the waters.

"Or rather, the ones that want them."

And if there was any way for me to make it right for you, I would.
How silly of him, how useless a notion.
He doesn't understand at all.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 6:32:57 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

THEME

50's

The chime of her laughter serves to widen his typically nonchalant eyes in surprise once more. He really needed to get better at expecting the unexpected from her. Although, in this case, it was rather amusing.

Being teased by her strangely felt more like a compliment than anything else, though he couldn't quite put his finger as to why it did. Regardless, he savors her kiss for the few moments that he has it, left craving more (a lot more) when she backs away to reunite with her dear ocean.

"Mmh... very well." He begrudgingly responds, finding the faint smile on his face somewhat uncomfortable... and noticeably foreign. There is some degree of trouble in diminishing it at the sight of her own, of course. But, before long, he sighs, closes his eyes, and shakes his head for a moment prior to following.

The prince of Hammerlocke is left questioning what she hopes to gain from him aside from his 'pleasantries' and dramatic words. Though he dares not ask, for he is a man of his word, and there was no fun in shattering a good mystery with candid conversation, was there? Then again... one could say the very tug-of-war between candidness and enigmatic behavior was the fun in and of itself. Flirting with the unknown was certainly exciting.

But how long could it really last?
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 7:16:03 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
"Very well? Is that all you have to say for yourself?" she teases, lightly. The splash of the wave against her calves is refreshing as she makes her way farther into the waters. She is vaguely aware of the tide, that perhaps now was not the time to be so daring but she doesn't think on it for long. She's far more interested in seeing how far out she can get.

Porcelain feet sink into the sand bellow the waves, the grin hasn't yet left her face. Eyes on him, waiting to see what he does,

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 7:45:30 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

THEME

50's

Remiel stops just before the water submerges his knees. Isra, on the other hand, advances forward as if she's drifting in another world. Another dimension. Unfettered by the cold, the wet, or even, perhaps, the dangerous.

He stands and watches her for a moment, his blue-grey eyes placid once more, yet withholding a glimmer of deep thought nonetheless. She's so bizarre... and, somehow, she's managed to wrap him up in her spell. His body wants to continue moving forward; continue to follow her into the deep. But his mind struggles against it.

Even though, if the worst came to pass, he would not hesitate to leap forward and risk himself for her. 

Nevertheless, eventually his strange desire wins him over. It meets the dominant, logical part of his mind halfway. He'll go in as far as his waist, but no further. He inhales deeply through his nostrils before wading ahead with well-placed steps, running a single hand through his messy black strands of hair. "For now." He answers, looking at her grin with a warm look in his eyes.

"Perhaps I am simply not nearly as interesting as you think I am. Perhaps my dramaticism is nothing more than a desperate plea for your attention." He's focused on his footing for a moment, but then he spots the expression on her porcelain face and feels compelled to add a little more afterward.

"... I'm kidding, of course."

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 6:19:46 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
There is a quirk in her brow and curiosity in her eyes. Either he is indeed joking or it's a rather blatant admission of what he wants. She's not entirely which to settle on just yet. But she will be with time, of that she's certain. So long as he sticks around, she thinks. Something that only time will tell. People come and go, and Isra is not the sort to waste time trying to keep them.

By now she's stretched her hands out, arms parallel with the water. Keeping her balance as the tide tugs and pulls at her. How easy it would be to let the waters take her then and sweep her off to the bottom. It's oddly comforting, to think it would be so easy.

Isra stops, planting her feet in the sand, deciding that she's gone far enough for now. "Are you?" she tilts her head to the side ever so slightly. "I haven't yet decided what you are, I might not think you're interesting at all."

"Maybe you're something else entirely."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2020 10:46:55 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Assuming he was interesting at all to such a bizarre and mysterious woman was, of course, an error on his part. Perhaps it even spoke to his own vanity; a consequence of his upbringing that he preferred to remain self-aware of. Regardless of the fact, something continued to nag at him in the back of his mind. There were different degrees of interest. He knew she categorized him in at least one. That couldn't just be his pride speaking. So, like any dig worth excavating, he kept chipping away at it.

It was this thought that, unknowingly, began to draw him closer to her again, submerging himself deeper into the cold ocean. "And what would that be?" He inquires, curiously tilting his own head as he wades through. "Because clearly it's something you don't mind having around... or am I deluding myself there, as well?" He softly smiles, reaching out to her.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 9:37:14 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
He comes closer and she watches him as if there are stars in his eyes when he talks. The fact he does not steer away from her seems to trap her in place as much as the sand she has planted her feet in. It takes effort not the grin at his inquiry but there is no hiding the mischievousness in her eyes.

"A madman perhaps." He reaches for her and she steps back, swaying in the growing waters. Almost as if they might pick her up and carry her away from him if she lets them.

"You are following a strange woman you know nothing about into the ocean after all." It is rather ridiculous after all, the tide will come in again soon and could easily sweep them both away yet there they were. Letting themselves grow cold beneath the water.

Isra seems content, as if she knows exactly what she is doing.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 3:46:50 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

A madman? How amusing.

"You're the one who's tempting fate to begin with, Miss Nightingale." He retorts with a smile, dropping his hand but taking an ever cautious step forward. "And perhaps I know more than you might think... I'm certain you can't say for sure." He adds, stopping and bracing his posture for another undulating wave from the cold ocean. 

This was certainly... an odd circumstance. And where she intended to go from here, Remiel didn't know. But he refused to let on about it, and instead chose to play her little game. His gaze had been fixed on her eyes for some time now, but only diverted when a nearby buoy rang its bell. Its dim light flickered as it swayed about gently.

"So... what is your plan here, exactly? Will you simply drift away? Or shall we stand in place until the Cramorant perch on our heads?" He teases, noting this activity to seemingly nowhere. If she wasn't going to be honest and, more importantly, forthcoming about him, then he would surely like to know. "You must know a man of my occupation stays busy... but I have the luxury to make time when I need it." He assures her with a blithe look.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 5:08:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
She grins, the kind of thing that comes from expectations coming true. He said exactly what she thought he might and it only makes her think it more than before.

"That is exactly why."

Now she's amused, because now she's a little more certain when she repeats herself.

"You don't know anything about me at all." she sounds a little more sure now as she takes a step back, this one more deliberate. The waves curl around her and she welcomes them. She thinks on the matter of drifting away, because it sounds like it wouldn't be too bad an idea. Maybe she should.

She takes another step back. "Hmmmm, are you saying you'd make time for me? Why?"

He doesn't get to answer because her next step never makes the sound, Isra Nightingale falls back into the cold embrace of the water with smile on her lips.

Perhaps the tide will take her then, to the abyss at the bottom. To the world where the stars are snuffed out and devoured by a darkness too deep for words? She wonders what she'll see there then, bellow the surface of the water, bellow the thing that could devour the world but doesn't, bellow a beginning and an end slipping through the cracks.

"So... what is your plan here, exactly? Will you simply drift away?"
'Yes I will'

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 21:23:30 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

THEME

50's

Such a stubborn, playful thing. And quite a bit of a tease at that. He can tell she thrives on pushing people past their limits of patience and skewing expectations. It shows in each deliberate step backwards, teetering near the archaic edge of the very world. Remiel was sure her methods had driven more than one person mad.

But not him. Not tonight. And if she thought he was going to be coy with her and mince words, she thought wrong. "Because I'm entranced by you."

The response seems to inspire a smile unlike any one he's seen from her before, and he watches calmly as she lays back into the water. Seeing her flounder for balance might have been rather amusing, but such a misstep does not occur.  Instead, she slips into it rather smoothly.

This is something she's practiced before. The sea was a familiar friend to her. Perhaps a little too much so.

She answers his previous question with an expected response. Meanwhile, Remiel observes her a little longer before glancing down at the ocean lapping at his waist and sighing. This wasn't something he'd planned to do tonight. He certainly wasn't dressed for the occasion. 

But Isra Nightingale had won him over in more ways than one. So he stepped forward, and he dove in.

His body disappeared completely beneath the waves afterward, and wouldn't reemerge for a solid moment.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 5:20:50 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
Isra. Sinks.

She seeks the sand, to feel it drift through her fingers.

She reaches blindly, re-emerges. She's not satisfied. It's obvious in her eyes when she turns to see him, having chosen to follow her and she makes a decision.

"Madman."

Yet she grins. She finds the surface of the water again and breaks it, reaching once more for the stars at the bottom of the ocean. She finds none however, they slip through her fingers. She only returns to the surface barely, reaching up to watch water and sand alike slip through her fingers.

Not yet then she thinks, the stars do not return to them yet. Too bad. She might have liked to see one.

"You'll get a chill you know, following me out here." it's not concern in her voice, something else settles into it. The ocean has an effect on her, that much is certain. She does not make a move to return to shore, not just yet.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 19:58:58 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

THEME

50's

Remiel's world is a watery blue darkness for a moment as he swims below the surface. Feeling the waves reverberate throughout it made it feel like the very living thing that it was. He supposed he could understand now why Isra was so enamored with it. A part of him had difficulty pulling away from it as he swam upward for air. But, as he did so, Isra's floating body came into view. And if anything could reel him back, it was mostly certainly her: a woman as mysterious and celestially beautiful as the sea.

"You'll get a chill you know, following me out here."

His body twists mid-swim and he positions himself so he's belly up when he surfaces, wrapping his arms around Isra's body from behind, almost like an otter greedily claiming a treasured clam. Together they float for a moment. Despite the cosmic magnificence above, however, Remiel's attention sinks pleasantly into her. He shows it through a soft squeeze of his arms. His face nuzzles against the side of her head, happily ignoring the wet hair that sticks to him briefly before parting.

"I suppose we'll just need to keep each other warm then."

He finally responds, now wholeheartedly content to stay like this with her for a while. Even if it means the gently rocking waves carry them out to vast expanse beyond.

"Unless you're willing to follow me somewhere... conventionally more comfortable."

He smiles against her.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 5:48:28 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
He catches her by surprise, his prescence is especially warm against her own. The contract of the cold water to him is enough to make her suck in a breath. Then she eases into him, his arms around her, and she thinks perhaps it is not so bad that the stars have not surfaced in the sand just yet. She could sink here, if she let herself. Sink in where she is pulled away from all else that pines for her attention.

There's a smile that creeps across her lips, pleasant and sweet. A surprising combination coming from her. Something unexpected, much like everything else. "Maybe I will, maybe I won't." her tone is playful, almost like a song. Children singing little rhymes while jumping rope play in her head. The kind she never was.

"What do I get out of it if I do?" she asks as her hands settle against his arms, content to stay suspended within the water for the time being. Not forever though, she thinks, because there's no denying how the cold will settle in. While she likes the excuse for him to be close, to keep her warm, it'd be a shame if it were the last.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 19:26:22 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

THEME

50's

"What do I get out of it if I do?"

Remiel laughs a little, because of course that would be something Isra would ask. It was that fearless, cocksure confidence in herself— something others might refer to as audacity— that never failed to delight him. If he hadn't been aware that she was mostly teasing him, he might have stopped there and left her wanting. But instead he's fallen again— hook, line, and sinker— for her allure.

The soaked lad hums pleasantly as his arms warmly, and gently, tighten around her body a little more. He's settled the side of his face comfortably against hers. For once, he can spare a bit of his attention towards the stars above rather than the one in his embrace. They twinkle in the reflection of his eyes like diamonds as he responds.

"Hmm... you wouldn't say no to free room service, would you?" He teasingly asks. "Otherwise... I think you'll get plenty out of it. More than you can imagine. Probably more than you've ever bargained for." He adds in a whisper against her ear, tracing his lips down the length of it until he's found her neck. They press against her skin gently, and the salty taste of the ocean brine presses back.

"I wouldn't dare spoil the surprise, however, so looks like you'll just have to take my word for it..." He smiles.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW