TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Team R.I.S.K. on DEF [pkthn]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 19:17:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","everybody"]
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

This dreaded obstacle course again. Remiel hated it. But at least now he found himself with a team that was a bit more... coordinated. So, after summoning his Ampharos, he took a deep breath and prepared himself for the madness that would coon come.

The starting bell was rung, and he leaped across the gap between starting platform and obstacle course. Faustus did the same and, without even needing to be told, issued a COTTON GUARD that thickened its fleece. This came in handy when a giant foam bat attempted to whack them off the edge.
[attr="class","calcifet"]

knock-off — defense/sp. def

faustus used cotton guardThe user protects itself by wrapping its body in soft cotton, which drastically raises the user's Defense stat.

DEF +3

roll + defense modifier

sSz40M_4
+ 30

total — 035/1500
@iris , ,

[newclass=.everybody]padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.say]text-align:justify;font:25px arial;margin-top:2px;color:#AEB3B8;letter-spacing:-1px;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.ramiel]font:40px arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#AEB3B8;text-shadow:1px 1px #fff, 2px 2px #AEB3B8;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:-50px;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.calcifet]text-align:justify;margin-top:5px;font:10px arial;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;margin-top:-50px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .say]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .ramiel]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:1;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .calcifet]margin-top:0px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 19:51:09 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Vani wasn't exactly...close, to Kaida. If anything, she bonded more with the rest of the team, who she was typically paired with. Still, the dragon was not blind to the fact that she had to help whenever called upon. [break][break]

Still, she had to wonder what this was. [break][break]

A number headed their way, and the huge dragon used Iron Defense and charged in front, taking the hit and allowing Kaida to dart ahead...she still had no idea what they were doing. [break][break]

LUesJzFW + 20

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: COURSE (DEFENSE) // ROLL TOTAL: 107 // POST COUNT: 2

[attr="class","tag"] @iris

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 20:13:12 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Venus was only waiting the perfect opportunity to be utilized by her beloved trainer. The golden altaria floated into the concourse and shimmered in glistening glitter as it used COTTON GUARD after mega evolving, “Let’s show them what we’re capable of!”

Selena and Venus rushed forward the platform and struggled making past through the giant foam bat that earlier dodged. Luckily, the pokémon’s move was effective and it did not send them flying towards the sea.

d3ImINIk +30

ooc: knock off (def); total rolls: 209/1500
ALTARIA uses COTTON GUARD. (+3 DEF)
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 21:12:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","irisThread"]iris moves quick, immediate after the starting bell. it's similar to training she had undergone at rocket--perhaps kinder, and slightly more refined. the equipment she remembered was a lot more rudimentary.
[break][break]
as she leaps over the first obstacle, she glances down at the ocean beneath them. before she can grow anxious, her attention's drawn away by selena's mega-evolved altaria. she can't help but be a bit envious. "cotton guard," she says, following the woman's lead.
JUm7IW5s+ 30

COTTON GUARD (+3)

[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]total 329

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"] [attr="class","darkKtag"] [attr="class","darkKtag"]

BY KAY

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.85;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.irisThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.irisThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#818fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.irisThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 21:37:33 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

The glint of scales from 's Jangmo-o caught Remiel off guard for a bit. His obsession with dragons, perhaps, was partly to blame for being so distracted that he was hit by the next giant foam bat that came swinging his way. He staggered backwards, almost collapsed, but was saved by grabbing onto his Ampharos' tail and pulling himself back up. After shaking his head, he continued forward using Faustus as cover.

Using one final COTTON GUARD to push the defensive capabilities of his fleece to the max, Faustus crashes through a hail of foam balls that falls upon them as they traverse a ledge.

faustus used cotton guardThe user protects itself by wrapping its body in soft cotton, which drastically raises the user's Defense stat.

DEF +6 MAX

roll + defense modifier

rnu9tHLq
+ 60

total — 0487/1500
@iris , ,

[newclass=.everybody]padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.say]text-align:justify;font:25px arial;margin-top:2px;color:#AEB3B8;letter-spacing:-1px;font-weight:bold;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:.8;[/newclass][newclass=.ramiel]font:40px arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#AEB3B8;text-shadow:1px 1px #fff, 2px 2px #AEB3B8;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:-50px;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.calcifet]text-align:justify;margin-top:5px;font:10px arial;text-transform:uppercase;padding:5px;margin-top:-50px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .say]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .ramiel]-webkit-transition:all ease 0.2s;transition:all ease 0.2s;opacity:1;[/newclass][newclass=.everybody:hover .calcifet]margin-top:0px;-webkit-transition:all ease 0.8s;transition:all ease 0.8s;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 22:47:42 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida practically cling against the dragon's back, waiting for impact before looking out over the rest of the obstacle course. The spinning foam was honestly dizzining, but she couldn't afford to nearly fly off the stage like Remiel. [break][break]

Waiting just long enough to offer extra protection for her allies, Kaida tapped Vani on the back and pointed her forward. Perhaps they were not meant to proceed the way Vani was getting through, practically holding the flying foam in place, but whatever worked, worked. Another Iron Defense kept them from staggering from the heavier blows. [break][break]

Hp6gLLDF + 40

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: COURSE (DEFENSE) // ROLL TOTAL: 539 // POST COUNT: 6

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 3:29:28 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Selena noticed another altatia was summoned on @iris side. Venus nodded at her fellow avian, recognizing its presence.

As she went along, the platform proved to be getting difficult to traverse as almost catapulted after being hit. “Another COTTON GUARD, please.”

Her mega evolved altaria followed suit once more, fortifying its defenses with another layer of cotton. The Kalosian hastened as she went past and her kommo-o, smiling and pushing her way further into the course.

Extreme sports is Selena’s new favorite thing now.

|JVOu8JE +60

ooc: knock off (def); bingo prompt [2/4]; total rolls: 614/1500; 7 post
ALTARIA uses COTTON GUARD. (+6 DEF)
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 14:37:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","irisThread"]when the other altaria nods at them, iris realises she's been caught staring and quickly averts her gaze. another COTTON GUARD, then she presses forward.
[break][break]
trainer and pokemon work in tandem, with iris only rarely ducking behind her pokemon for cover. she dives underneath a swinging back, jumping to her feet and running before it can come full circle.
x8YD89qC+ 60

COTTON GUARD (+6)

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]total 691

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.85;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.irisThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 18:56:32 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

Faustus' poofed up fleece was proving to be the ultimate deterrent against being knocked off. They crashed through a revolving wheel of foam doors, pushing past a barrage of small foam balls that assaulted them, before leaping onto another platform and moving on. Using his Ampharos as cover, Remiel managed to keep up.

More importantly, he managed to keep himself from nearly sliding off like he had before. He hoped his teammates were having a similar amount of good fortune in that regard. He couldn't be bothered to turn his gaze away from the matter at hand and check.

DEF +6 MAX

roll + defense modifier

DGHZu2Li
+ 60

total — 0803/1500
@iris , ,

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 19:02:08 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

In an unfortunate turn of events, while Kaida managed to safety get across, Vani didn't have the same amount of luck. She let go of the foam bar and yelped as it slammed into her harder than intended, leaving her dangling off the platform for a few extra, terrifying seconds. [break][break]

Vani triggered another Iron Defense as she clambered back on and lumbered back towards Kaida, clearly embarrassed and attempting to make sure it didn't happen again as they crashed through a foam door. [break][break]

5phgoDdp + 60

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: COURSE (DEFENSE) // ROLL TOTAL: 930 // POST COUNT: 10

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 21:08:25 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

Of course, Selena and Venus will have their time. What pushed her off the platform was the narrow strip of walkway and the rotating foam bat which would end in a disaster if not for Venus quickly catching her. Good thing because her only spare of dry clothes were left in the beach house.

The avian swoop down and carried Selena before losing its mega-evolved form, although maintaining its fluffy layers of defense. “Venus, new strategy: you take the front, I’ll takethe back.

|5Dsd6eK +60

ooc: knock off (def); bingo prompt [3/4]; total rolls: 1077/1500; 11 post
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2020 21:48:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","irisThread"]a foam pendulum comes swinging; iris is saved by her altaria as it flies in front of her, absorbing the impact with the defence built up with COTTON GUARD. she falters only for a moment, before running forward with a sudden burst of speed.
[break][break]
the next jump is cleared by a good distance. iris gives a triumphant exhale.
iSBZnPtR+ 60

COTTON GUARD (+6)

[break][break]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]total 1234

[break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 0:23:40 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[attr="class","say"]
[attr="class","ramiel"]

They were nearing the end of their obstacle course. The next trials on Remiel and Faustus' path involved a defensive line of Machoke mannequins garbed in football gear. They moved about robotically, each holding a football despite the faux setting they were trying to portray. Remiel knew that, if one of them suddenly shifted and tackled him, he would absolutely been thrown off the course.

So, following the same tactic as before, he braced himself with Faustus at his front as they pushed their way through. Aside from fencing and a handful of martial arts, sports really weren't Remiel's thing. So this was, to a certain extent, like a nightmare.

DEF +6 MAX

roll + defense modifier

5foWXNlM
+ 60

total — 1360/1500
@iris , ,

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 1:18:31 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida and Vani trailed behind, the only good thing about their predicament being that she could see how each of her teammates were handling the obstacles and somewhat copying them. It was only nearing the end when she decided that Vasni and her needed to move. [break][break]

At the Machoke dummies, she only have Vani a moment to observe the movements before the two of them launched forward. Dodging and weaving, Vani could only stave off some glancing blows. To the exit they went. [break][break]

|RNFdba0 + 60

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: COURSE (DEFENSE) // ROLL TOTAL: 1484 // POST COUNT: 14

template by kay

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 4:54:34 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

It seemed like the strategy worked for both Selena and Venus as they traversed the foam pendulum and machoke mannequins that followed after. The last straw was the improvised wood hammer that loomed before the finished line. “Think we can take it?” Her words were not only for Venus but for her teammates as well.

As they went on through the final hurdle of the course, Venus did all she could to prevent the traps from sending down her trainer off the platform. They would certainly win this thing.

O85ZCnjf +60

ooc: knock off (def); total rolls: 1613/1500; 15 posts