5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Burning Ambition [Duo Wild]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 20:41:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Dozens," Josh answered Yuina's question with a smile that grew wider by the moment. "How many do I even have at my Gym now? There's so many I've lost count." That number was close to a hundred. It was difficult giving them all their time in the spotlight, and that was largely part of why he had such a large number of people on staff. He might need to hire more soon, too, with how much his menagerie of saddled Pokémon grew.

"From what I understand, the theory right now is that it's related to Space-Time Distortions, but no one's been able to come up with any solid evidence backing it up. Could just be coincidence." It would likely be a mystery that would go unsolved, given how thin the League's resources were. Just because Pokémon were larger didn't make them more powerful; for a number of species, the larger size could have been a drawback. It was Josh's specific career path that made him invested in the giant specimens.

With the light to moderate squeeze, Rani entered a canter, the rest of Josh's Pyroar keeping pace. The canter came with powerfully-flexing backs fueling their strides. While their saddles were designed to help counteract and reduce the bounding riders would experience, it was still harsher than an equine at full gallop. Yuina would be getting a firsthand demonstration of why Pyroar were not common as mounts. Feeling the strength behind every stride was part of the joy of riding on a giant predator, though. It was not hard to appreciate a mount that could tear its prey to shreds in seconds.

skipping!

{WC: 273}
{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Rani          Pyroar         Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 4:30:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STEELIX APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRILBUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOLD BREAKER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FISSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUSH CLAW

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 17:05:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

Smiling at Josh's large interest in the amount of Pokemon that were out there that could be considered ride Pokemon, it was clear to see that it really was a passion of his, not just in how he worked with the Pyroar. That was nice, that he had such great passion for something and was able to fuel it and run with it, she hoped one day that she might be able to find such a strong calling.[break]
"Oh wow, that sounds really neat, I guess I'll have to keep my eyes out and see what kind of large Pokemon I can find," she enthused, she definitely wanted to maybe one day give Josh's gym a try, and she would have to have big Pokemon that she could ride on to do so. He explained then about at least one theory of why larger than normal Pokemon were starting to appear around the region, and it sounded like something pretty serious? And also... For some reason his mention of it even triggered something in the back of her mind, like she should know what that is...[break]
"A Space-Time Distortion? That sounds kind of serious, and dangerous? Are the Pokemon coming from those distortions," she wondered? It sounded like something that wasn't to be taken lightly, after all everything around them was space time and all that kind of larger than life stuff... Distortion sounded like it was breaking? That didn't sound good...[break]
Yuina paid close attention to how Rani was reacting to the pressure of her legs and maintaining and even set of pressure to keep the pace up, it seemed like she was getting the hang of things, but when there was a low, deep rumble that shook the rocks around them, Yuina let up on her pressure entirely and pulled back a little on the handles, it sounded like something very, very big... From the rocks burst an absolutely gargantuan Pokemon that shined and gleamed in the sun, and it roared down at them as it rose higher and higher into the air, a giant snake like Pokemon? To say that Yuina wasn't both shocked and enthralled... She was elated when Crowley wasted no time and rushed in with a hydro pump that struck the large Pokemon. It roared down at them all again, and swung with its massive tail length, and Crowley struggled and cried out as he couldn't dodge all of the rocks and such that clamored around him at the Pokemon's power, but he tried again with another hefty hydro pump to try and distract the Pokemon, giving Yuina a chance to throw a Pokeball as hard as she could!

- Attempting capture for Steelix!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 0:58:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, too, noticed Yuina's interest in the larger-than-normal Pokémon. "Most of mine are roaming my Gym's grounds when they're not with me. Perhaps if you're in the Mauville area, you could stop by and see them," the Leader suggested. "It's pretty central; lots of people come through the city on their way to another." If he wanted to learn about a possible link between large Pokémon and Distortions, he would likely have to do original research, and that was research the Gym Leader simply didn't have time to do. He was still working community service hours, as well, though an increasing number of them were from unpaid Ranger work.

The Distortions had been popping up throughout Hoenn for quite some time. "From what I understand, yes, but the Distortions have been popping up in fewer numbers recently. It's still more than left its footprint on Hoenn's ecology, though; when those big Pokémon breed, they make more big Pokémon." It was a good thing they were starting to become more infrequent, as well; there were serious environmental and economic concerns with so many large Pokémon around. Breeders used to make money hand over fist breeding Pokémon that were the size of the ones Josh had found roaming Hoenn. Prices on the large specimens had dropped close to 95%, making them affordable for a lot of trainers now. It was great for the Pokémon racing scene, but it forced a lot of breeders out of their jobs.

The Gym Leader, noting Yuina's mild interest in the Gym Challenge, simply observed the young one's battle with the Steelix. It was a formidable opponent, and while it technically could wear a saddle, he would not be raising one. Not after the destruction 's had left during the pilot race at his Gym. That was one big bill fixing that damage.

skipping!

{WC: 313}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 5:25:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VOLCARONA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SILVER WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUIVER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIERY DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] THRASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LAMPENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] CLEAR SMOG

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE STEELIX!

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 16:03:42 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

Continuing down the path, Yuina sat atop Rani and was definitely enjoying the ride, it was a lot nicer to move through a given area with a Pokemon that could help you along, she'd definitely have to keep that in mind.[break]
"Oh yeah? That sounds pretty neat. I'm still learning a lot about the different kinds of Pokemon there are, it'd be nice to just see a bunch of them to learn about what they are," she nodded, that sounded like a good opportunity one day. Josh did explain a little bit about the 'distortions' and how the large Pokemon did appear to be coming from them, but what made Pokemon come out of it or appear there in teh first place? She still couldn't help the nagging feeling that it was important somehow...[break]
"So... What are those distortions though? What happens when one occurs? It sounds pretty serious, a 'time-space' distortion," Yuina inquired, she didn't know how much experience Josh did or didn't have on the subject, if he'd ever seen one before? But if he did or had some information, she was really just curious... For the most part.[break]
A couple of Pokemon came through the area, and Crowley was on it, he was having such a blast and he was definitely on board to keep going! A very large buzzing bug came sweeping through and rushed at him through the air, and the croc guffawed with his toothy grin as he narrowly missed getting hit by a wing. The water type tumbled a bit and fell over, but stood up as quick as he could to hit with a Hydro Pump, calling for Yuina to throw a Pokeball!

- Successful Steelix Capture! -1 Pokeball
- Attempting Capture for Volcarona!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 19:11:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's eyes shifted toward the bottom of the trail. The slopes weren't quite so steep; while there were some hills, it was more plateau-like than truly mountainous. All the elevation changes would have worn Josh out had Aslan not been ferrying him around. "It comes with being a Gym Leader," Josh added. "With the many challenges coming through every week, I get to see so many different kinds of Pokémon. I'm still seeing ones I've never seen before. Still learning the Alolan, Galarian, and Paldean species." Of course, the ones that went fast came to him more easily, but those that did not were a constant battle for him to learn and keep straight.

Josh shrugged at Yuina's follow-up question. "Unfortunately, they haven't been researched as much as I'd like them to be. From what I understand, it's an overlay of the space that once existed in the same spot during a different time period. Why so many giant Pokémon appear within them, we have no idea." There were also a number of new Pokémon species, as well as evolutions, that Space-Time Distortions could induce, though Josh hadn't done a lot of research into that, either. That was more 's line of work, and she was busy with other projects.

The buzzing of Volcarona wings caught Josh's ears, the specimen big enough for even Josh to put a saddle on. "Sorry Yuina, but this one's mine!" The reverberation of his mount's HYPER VOICE throttled him, leaving him dazed but otherwise okay. While the sonic attack hit first, it was Crowley's HYDRO PUMP that left the bug-type in a heap. Poké Balls raced toward the rare, giant insect, Yuina's reaching their target first. Josh's instead made contact with a Lampent that was taking cover behind the Volcarona. "Guess I wasn't quite quick enough on the draw. Great catch - if you want a ride Pokémon of your own, that Volcarona is a great place to start."

Lampent catch!

{WC: 328}
{PC: 8}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 7:39:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SALAZZLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TORMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FIRE LASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FAKE OUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DONPHAN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 1:02:47 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Even as a gym leader there were still Pokemon that Josh was learning about? That sounded rather daunting... She couldn't imagine what that was like, even though every Pokemon to her right now was brand new...[break]
"Wow... I guess I never really thought about how many different Pokemon were out there, and I'm only just starting to learn what they are," she considered.[break]
"Well, at least having Pokemon of my own makes it fun to go out and find all of those different Pokemon," she ammended, she would learn what she could about all of them! Even if she was fifty years old by the time she learned as much as she could.[break][break]
"Hmm... Well, maybe the next time one of those happens, we can try to get more information? I don't know what it is, it's the first time I'm hearing about these... 'distortions', but something feels like I should know what that is...," Yuina returned, she couldn't place her finger on it, there was just some nagging feeling in the back of her head.[break]
"Maybe something at the museum I've been working at, I'm sure historians are studying them just as much as scientists," she shrugged then, if it had to do with wondering what was going on in a place in a certain time period, historians would certainly be on top of information like that.[break][break]
The Pokemon that Crowley went after was a quick catch, but it seemed Yuina was quicker on the draw than Josh was! His Pokeball hit another unsuspecting Pokemon that was caught in the midst of everything, and Yuina did feel a little bad...[break]
"Oh man, I'm sorry... We didn't mean to get in the way, maybe there's more of that Pokemon around, we'll keep looking," Yuina returned, but at least it seemed Josh was a good sport on things, and he did still catch a Pokemon too!

notes[break]
Successful Volcarona Capture! -1 Pokeball[break]
Skipping capture this round[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:04:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
How many species of Pokémon were out there now? Was it over a thousand? There were so many to keep straight. "Thankfully as a Gym Leader, I only have to learn about a third of them; the majority of challengers wait until their Pokémon have completely evolved before walking into my Gym. While I don't condone that behavior, it's just how it is. Adult Pokémon, simply put, have a competitive edge." Says the person who used a Dragonair all the way up to Hoenn's Elite Four, though that dream died with Callan's perfect battle against him. "It's fun, isn't it?" he rhetorically asked. "One of the first things I recommend to trainers is getting three ride Pokémon: one for land, one for sea, and one for sky. Once you have those three, there's nowhere you can't go."

Josh sighed at Yuina's eagerness to go into one of the distortions. "First off, they're very dangerous, and second, it's not that simple. It's almost by happenstance if you run into one. They last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. I can make it to most of them because I have every common ride Pokémon capable of using Extreme Speed. Even then, sometimes they're just too far away." If only scientists in Hoenn were studying them; League personnel were far too busy with other studies, such as of Dynergy. "Sadly, the League doesn't have the resources to devote to it. I may have to do some original research myself."

Josh was about to apologize when he heard a sizzling splash, followed by an elephant-like roar. Reining his Pyroar to the cliff's edge, he saw a Donphan that was in obvious pain, having rolled into a small pool of magma several levels down! "Hold on, Yuina, that Donphan's in trouble," he said, sliding off his Pyroar and releasing a Dragonair. "Don't try to follow me. It's unpleasant down there. Come on, Resheph, let's go! DRAGON DANCE!"

With great speed, the serpentine dragon twisted and twirled toward the bubbling crater and in the Donphan's direction. He slammed his helmet's visor down to try to keep floating embers out of his mouth, but it didn't help him breathe the burning air any easier. Time was of the essence, though, and he was saving that wild. The Donphan could barely move. Sliding off his Dragonair's back, Josh dug through his supplies for some Sitrus Berries that were already steaming when he pulled them out. Feeding them to the ground-type just before they would have caught fire, Josh tapped the grateful Pokémon with a Poké Ball that would have burned his hand had he not been wearing his Z-Glove. He returned to Yuina's side, his clothes scorched even after sliding off his Dragonair's back and cooling off in the wake of her AQUA TAIL.

Donphan catch!

{WC: 475}
{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 5:00:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD INFERNAPE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACROBATICS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MACH PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] unnerve
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INCINERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FIRE SPIN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE DONPHAN!

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 0:02:23 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Hmm, it sounded like Josh had some reservations about Pokemon being fully evolved in order for trainers to feel like bringing them to visit his gym? If Pokemon were going to be big enough to ride, surely they would have to be fully grown adults to have a race? But there also had to be the reasoning that trainers were working with their Pokemon with training and such that the Pokemon felt like the could evolve, right?[break]
"Well, maybe that means that trainers out there feel like they want to put in their very best effort to come and challenge you? Them and their Pokemon both, they want to be the best versions of themselves that they can, that can't be a bad thing," Yuina wondered, that really had to show how seriously trainers were taking the challenge and the road to get there, if they wanted to put their best foot forward?[break]
"I'll see what kind of Pokemon I can capture out here to do that? That does sound very helpful, to be able to have Pokemon that can traverse those different environments. Hopefully I can work together with them to make traveling enjoyable," she nodded, that really did sound like the best way to get around the region if you had Pokemon to work with that way.[break][break]
The topic of the 'distortions' seemed short winded, but it only seemed fair. No one had any real information on what they really were or how they took place, only that they were dangerous and sparse...[break]
"Well... If there's reports of one sometime... I want to go with you, I'll help you study them," Yuina returned. She felt compelled to, even if it was just a matter of helping out whom she would call a friend so that he wasn't trying to do something on his own.[break][break]
As they came upon the scene of a Pokemon struggling in a pool of sizzling, popping lava, Yuina didn't follow, that was a little bit more treacherous than she'd intended to deal with while out in the mountains, but as Josh moved into action, he wasn't alone. Yuina turned atop Rani's back, at a screeching sound, and found that a large monkey was clamoring down the mountain side. Crowley screeched in kind with his bared fangs and went for the fire type, using his hydro pump to keep it at bay so that Josh could work on saving the other Pokemon, and to make sure that it wouldn't cause any trouble in the mean time, Yuina threw a Pokeball to keep it at bay.

notes[break]
Attempting Capture for Infernape!![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 7:34:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Mauville Gym had a reputation for being one of the toughest in Hoenn. When Josh first took over the Gym, it was the opposite; many trainers saw it as a "free" Badge, taking advantage of his relative inexperience compared to others in Hoenn. Now, it was the opposite; not even counter-strategies like Trick Room were a sure-fire way to win. The racing challenge was tough as ever, too, especially since he made the change to involve his Gym Trainers in it. "It's just the nature of how Mauville's challenge works. There are a handful of intermediate stage Pokémon, such as Dragonair, that are more than capable of carrying people on their backs. The Distortions change the whole ball game, too; I'm sure you could fly on a Pidgeotto from one of those distortions, for instance." Not that winning with an unevolved Pokémon was impossible by any stretch; it was just less likely to happen. A Bellsprout making it to the top four of the Kanto League in times past was evidence of that.

"It's tough to get to them on time," Josh lamented aloud, though Yuina's enthusiasm was appreciated. "Most of them last anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Once things calm down, I'd like to do some original research on them. There's been an increase in giant Pokémon appearing since distortions have started appearing here, and I'd like to investigate if they're related. If I'm right, then that's a total game changer."

After Yuina's capture, Josh got back on Aslan and turned around. "I don't think we can advance any closer to the crater without the right Pokémon. How about we head back to Lavaridge and get some lunch?"

Skipping - thread end!

{WC: 287}
{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 9:24:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YUINA CAUGHT THE INFERNAPE!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] IRON FIST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACROBATICS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MACH PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!