part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Burning Ambition [Duo Wild]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 18:03:28 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
--- for

Early morning sounded like a good start for a pretty important day Yuina felt like, she'd started traveling around the region little by little, she was getting used to the small things and trying to understand what was going on, and she was excited about being a part of this "league" and working towards something great. But what she really needed, more than anything else right now, was new Pokemon to meet! She hadn't had a chance yet to go out and find new Pokemon to meet, to learn about what was in different areas, and have more Pokemon companions that could help her do some of the things that she was looking to set out to do. She was very keen on going out and catching some brand new Pokemon, and today was the day![break]
A longer standing member of the "league" was kind enough to go out with her, not only did she need to catch Pokemon for herself and learn about what was around, but she needed to also learn more about what it was that she would do, or could do being a member! Maybe it was too much too soon, she didn't have very many Pokemon or a lot of battling experience yet, but her ambition knew no bounds.[break][break]
At the base of Mt. Chimney, Yuina waited patiently with what was a new companion to her, a funny water type Pokemon that she'd learned was a Croconaw, and the croc seemed just as eager to get out into the wilds and do some exploring!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#d1005c; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 18:52:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Another blessing to going out to Mount Chimney early in the day was dodging the worst of the heat. On top of that, Josh's hunt for wild Pokémon wouldn't take him close to the crater. It was less his hunt and more 's hunt to expand her team. Litleo and Pyroar were known to prowl the vicinity of the crater; perhaps he would get lucky to run into one!

He came well-equipped to travel the rough terrain, the Gym Leader at the reins of a quite-large, Shiny Pyroar. Behind him was an entire pride of Pyroar, all wearing similar saddlery. It was obvious they were all his, as crazy as it was to believe without having seen it oneself. In all, there were three males and two females. The five lions walked toward Yuina, Josh waving toward her. "Yuina, right?" the blue-garbed Ranger greeted the brown-haired woman. "Gym Leader Devlin or Elite Ranger Devlin, but you can call me Josh. These five are the pride of Mauville Gym." The lions all looked well-behaved, Rani approaching Yuina with the friendliness of a house cat.

{WC: 184}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Rani          Pyroar         Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 1:48:24 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

There were really only a handful of moments more before Yuina heard something from the distance coming towards her and Crowley, and the croc guffawed at the set of cat Pokemon coming towards with with a wide smile on his fangs. Yuina looked on too, finding the sight truly impressive, such a well kept group of the same species, and their trainer seemed just as proud.[break]
"Yes, I'm Yuina! Thank you for coming out here with me today," she greeted in kind, she was truly grateful that he was taking the time out of what she had to assume was a busy schedule to help her out. He introduced himself as Josh, but the title he provided perplexed her, she hadn't heard the term yet? She looked at him quizzically, but not before she smiled at the one feline pokemon that moved towards her, reaching out to stroke the Pokemon's fur.[break][break]
"Hmm... Gym leader? What does that title mean? I'm... new to the region, I don't think I've heard what that is before," she questioned, telling her half truth in wondering what it meant for one to be a gym leader? She'd heard the term ranger already, that was a title through this league organization that she was maybe going to look at for herself perhaps, but gym leader was new.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 2:02:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was likewise perplexed when Yuina asked about his title of Gym Leader. Visibly confused. Perturbed, even. How had someone not heard of a Gym Leader? Almost every region had them. Alola was about the only one that was different, having its Captains and Kahunas... which were Gym Leaders under a different name. It took him a few seconds to compose himself before answering. Rani appreciated the pet, sounding a gentle purr (well, gentle by Pyroar standards) that Yuina may have been able to feel the vibration of. Pyroar lungs were really strong, after all!

"Gym Leaders are representatives of the League of the region they are in," Josh answered. "We're responsible for raising the next generation of Pokémon trainers to be the best they can be. There's usually one per major city, and usually eight per region, though the number can vary. I'm Mauville City's Gym Leader, the Master of Faster!" It was a tacky title, but one Yuina would be wise to heed if she ever took on the Gym Challenge.

"It's great to meet you, Yuina," Josh nodded, reaching to shake the female's hand, though it was a bit of an awkward reach for him while seated on the rather large Shiny lion. "I see Rani has taken a liking to you," he continued, noticing the lioness sniffing her a few more times before she sat down next to the curator. "She says you're welcome to ride her if you want to. The terrain here can be a bit rough. Oh, right! These five are the pride of Mauville Racing Grounds, the other title for Mauville Gym. This one is Aslan," he introduced his own mount, promptly scratching the eldest of Josh's lions behind the ear, "and the other three are Simba, Kovu, and Nala. Nala gave birth to Rani not that long ago, seemingly, and Rani's already grown up. Pokémon grow so fast, don't they?"

{WC: 321}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 23:18:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RHYHORN APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RECKLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CENTISKORCH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOKESCREEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 19:37:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

There was no ignoring the shock on his face when Yuina asked what it meant to have the title of gym leader, she didn't think it would be such an... Offensive? Or... shocking? She couldn't quite pinpoint which genre it quite fit in to, but needless to say apparently asking that question wasn't something that she should do again... She wasn't sure why it was so strange, but then again, why would she at all? She didn't know what she didn't know after all... At least he took the time to explain though, so many it wasn't so bad of a question to ask, detailing that all regions had gym leaders, and it was a way to work on Pokmeon training and all that. It sounded pretty interesting.[break]
"Oh, okay, I think I get it. Maybe one day I can come see your gym? If there's even more things out there that I can get into to practice and 'train' for, that sounds like a lot of fun," Yuina remarked, and Crowley seemed on board with the idea too as the Croconaw growled with a wide fanged smile. Through his explanation, Yuina had been petting the large feline Pokemon that had moved towards her, the heavy thrumming of the purring vibrating through her hands, and she was told that this one's name was Rani.[break]
"That's very nice, that would probably be a good idea, it does seem to be pretty rocky in this area," Yuina returned, she was thankful for the Pokemon's generosity, she seemed really very nice, but before she was going to get ready to hop onto the saddle across her shoulders, Crowley guffawed at something rumbling towards them, a rocky four legged Pokemon with a horn on its snout. This was her chance![break]
"Oh look! Crowley, now's our chance! Lets try and capture it," Yuina smiled, this was a very exciting moment! The Croconaw huffed, he was ready to do his best. He rushed over to face the Pokemon, squaring up in front of its face, and the rocky Pokemon huffed and puffed at being challenged. It shook its head and bared its horn, ready to start charging, but Crowley caught it before it moved towards him with a powerful torrent of water that blasted out from his jaws, effectively soaking the rocky Pokemon. Yuina cheered, that was such a good job! And she threw the Pokeball she had waiting in her hands, she couldn't believe that she was actually doing it!

Attempting Capture for Rhyhorn!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 5:48:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Of course! Mauville Racing Grounds is one of Hoenn's finest attractions now," Josh bragged. "Most people who challenge the Gym don't battle me; they race me. There truly is nothing like watching the world fly by at high speed. Of course, these Pyroar won't do it unless you ask, but they're all really fast runners. Faster than you can legally drive on the highway," he continued to gloat about just how fast his Pokémon were. They were among the fastest their species could get. Aslan in particular didn't even need to employ stealth to catch his prey, like most big cats did. He just put the pedal to the metal, and no amount of warning would let whatever he wanted to make a meal out of get away from him.

Even sitting in the saddle of the standing lioness and gripping her reins may have been enough for a sense of great power to ripple through the guest rider's skin. "If you need a crash course on how to control a ride Pokémon, I can give you one real quick," Josh offered as Crowley did battle with the Rhyhorn. Tilting his head toward the wild, he observed the specimen, its size, and its ferocity. "Get a saddle for your Rhyhorn, and you'll have a Pokémon great for terrain like this." He cleared his throat. "Don't want to take off unless you're confident. Pyroar are very fast Pokémon as it is, and these are among the fastest of their species. Have you ever seen them run before?"

skipping!

{WC: 260}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 8:14:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PALPITOAD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ECHOED VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CAMERUPT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANGER POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ERUPTION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] HEAT WAVE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE RHYHORN!
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 16:18:19 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

It seemed that things were smoothed over now after the record scratch question of what it meant to be a gym leader, Josh was regaling Yuina with the details of what his particular gym meant and how people participated, and it all sounded really interesting! It sounded like the default visit was a challenge? To battle the gym leader and their Pokemon was what it sounded like, but Josh had races instead, and she nodded along in understanding after Crowley had brought her the Pokeball that contained the Pokemon she'd just captured, to which Josh called it a Rhyhorn. Well that was easy, at least she knew its name already and she could look up more info later to learn more about it.[break]
"Oh, okay, a race? That sounds really neat, I'm sure your Pyroar are top tier then if they're the ones that run the gym. I don't have any Pokemon big enough to ride yet, but I guess my new Rhyhorn can help with that now," she smiled, though she thought about it as she looked to the Pyroar Rani beside her.[break]
"But I don't think its made for racing against you all, that sounds like I would need other Pokemon for that," she smiled, pocketing the Pokeball. She was ready to move further into the area, this was already a super exciting day, she wanted to catch as many Pokemon as she could find! But he cautioned first before she moved to grab a hold of the feline's saddle.[break]
"Uhm... No, I've never seen a Pyroar before today ever... But, I'm confident, I would have to be if I come see your gym one day, right," she questioned, she wasn't going to beat around the bush, all of these Pokemon all around her, she was seeing every single one of them for the first time as far as she was concerned, she had no idea what any of them were really capable of, but she couldn't let that hinder her at all, not even if she was about to get on the back of something she'd never seen run around before, what good would that do? She just needed to keep jumping into things and putting herself out there, she couldn't think of any other way to learn! Before she made any further moves though, there was a deep rumbling and the stomping feet of another Pokemon moving towards them. A very, very large orange Pokemon with mountains on its back lumbered towards them, and it huffed smoke out of its nostrils as it bellowed at them. Crowley puffed up his chest, he wasn't going to back down just because it was big and blowing smoke at him! The Croconaw readied himself and aimed his water, dowsing the giant orange Pokemon, and Yuina had another Pokeball ready to see if she could catch this one too!

- Successful Rhyhorn capture! -1 Pokeball[break]
- Attempting Capture for Camerupt!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:40:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Nodding as Yuina gave Josh her understanding of his Gym, he raised his hands into the air, inadvertently startling Aslan from suddenly raising his reins. The lion reared, making Josh exercise his thighs to remain seated. "Whoops, sorry there, buddy!" the rider apologized, sheepishly patting his mount's head before turning back to Yuina. "Speed isn't everything! Rhyhorn have incredible stamina, which matters a lot in Pokémon races. I've taken challengers who have used Rhyhorn against me, to mixed results." It would have likely been the Pokémon used against him, had he been interested in the racing challenge at the time.

When the Camerupt interrupted their conversation, Josh was about to command one of his Pyroar to blow the Camerupt's eardrums to pieces with a HYPER VOICE, but it was clearly not needed. The Croconaw had the situation more than under control. "You're not bad at battle yourself! While your Croconaw has an almost insurmountable type advantage over Camerupt, you can't underestimate them."

Once the battle was over, Josh would give Yuina the very basics of controlling a ride Pokémon. "Think of the reins like cords attached to the handlebars of a bike. If you pull with your left hand, Rani will turn left. If you pull with your right hand, Rani will turn right. That's all there is to controlling direction."

skipping!

{WC: 225}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 5:06:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOEDSCRUEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MYCELIUM MIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGA DRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAGMAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] VITAL SPIRIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CLEAR SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DYNAMIC PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE CAMERUPT!
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 16:43:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Already Yuina could tell that whatever she did with the reigns on the saddles was incredibly important, even something as simple as raising his arms up caused Josh's Pyroar to move in the specified direction, so she was already going to heed that regardless. She wondered what it would be like thought to ride on something heavier like the Rhyhorn she just caught, it sounded like there could be different kinds of races? And the race wasn't just about speed?[break]
"Hmm, I guess that makes sense too, I guess anything could be capable of racing depending on what the race is for and about," Yuina reasoned, it seemed only fair that he would consider or could consider just about anything capable for the races. Crowley was getting himself lots of points as he dowsed the giant orange Pokemon that Josh called a Camerupt, and again she silently thanked him for naming the Pokemon out loud so that she had that much more info. The croc was getting his fill, and he guffawed with a wide toothy smile at knowing he was doing a good job out and about.[break]
"I might not know a lot yet, but I did do some research about what's out here regularly, and it did seem like a water type Pokemon was the best fit. I'm glad my little bit of digging was correct," she returned, and it was true, she hardly knew anything about battling yet, but visiting some basic Pokemon research and knowing that fire type Pokemon were susceptible to water type attacks was a good start if anything.[break]
Josh started to explain the basics of being on a ride Pokemon as Yuina did ease herself onto the saddle that Rani had offered her, and while she had no comparison to make to a bike, she'd never ridden one that she could recall, she made sure to at least understand the basics within this frame of reference.[break]
"Okay, sure, that sounds okay I can work on that," Yuina confirmed, grasping each side in her hands, and she only pulled slightly on each side just to communicate with the lion that she was understanding the movement. Mounted now, Yuina was ready! And Crowley was too as he huffed and growled at a Pokemon coming towards them, a funny looking thing that moved towards them on eight tall legs, and honestly Yuina couldn't help the smile on her face at how funny it looked! Crowley gave a toothy snap of his jaws, and the strange Pokemon lunged forward and lashed out with one of its long arms. Crowley hissed as he caught the arm in his snapping jaws coated in ice and bit down hard on the assaulting arm.

- Successful Camerupt capture! -1 Pokeball[break]
- Attempting Capture for Toedscruel!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 5:05:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Not quite," Josh corrected Yuina as the two continued on the trail, making sure to lead her away from the crater. As much as his Pyroar would like it, there was too big of a risk of the guest rider, and even the Ranger himself, from health complications due to unbearable heat. "Any Pokémon that you can ride on can be used for my Gym's racing challenge. It's not enough to have a really fast Pokémon if it can't carry you! I've been looking for a Ninjask big enough to carry me for quite a while. Even with really big Pokémon showing up in Hoenn in larger numbers of late, I haven't had any luck."

Yuina was right on the money. Fire-type and Ground-type Pokémon both struggled against water-type attacks, and were wonderful opponents for becoming stronger. Many Pokémon evolved through repeated battle, and some even evolved mid-battle. That was how many Gym battles were decided: a challenger's Pokémon evolving mid-battle gave them a huge advantage. With his career path, the vast majority of Josh's Pokémon had to be fully evolved before he could use them at his Gym.

"There's another half to it, too," the Gym Leader explained. "And that's controlling speed. Squeeze Rani with your legs and she'll move faster. Release your leg pressure, and she'll slow down. I know it sounds counterintuitive, because your leg pressure is also how you hold on, but that's how most ride Pokémon are trained." After the battle with the Toedscruel, he would observe Yuina to see how she handled controlling both Rani's speed and direction at the same time.

skipping!

{WC: 276}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 3:37:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANSEAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NATURAL GIFT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] LOW KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CENTISKORCH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLAME BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BURN UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LUNGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FIRE LASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] STRUGGLE BUG

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE TOEDSCRUEL!
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 0:21:01 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar

Careful to keep her movements steady and to a fair minimum while on Rani's back, Yuina nodded along as she listened to Josh's further explanation of what his gym challenge entailed. So not only did it need to be fast or have a lot of stamina, but a Pokemon did also need to be big enough to carry a rider. That made sense, but how many Pokemon out there were actually that big and strong enough to carry a whole person like that?[break]
"Oh okay, that makes sense too. Are there a lot of different Pokemon that are that big? And why have really big Pokemon been showing up more frequently," she questioned, the way it sounded at Josh's mentioned made it seem like that wasn't normal? Or maybe it was every once in a while so it wasn't a big concern? She was kind of curious now?[break]
Her riding lessons weren't done, she'd felt pretty comfortable guiding Rani's handles to keep fairly straight on the path that they were walking, but she needed to work out how to control the speed of Rani as well. Yuina listened, and she looked down to the Pyroar in question, and with her intentions in mind she did squeeze a little firmer with her legs just to gauge how much pressure initially would indicate what kind of speed.

- Successful Toedscruel capture! -1 Pokeball[break]
- Skipping capture this round!