Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Archaeological Royalty [S]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 8:03:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard had never entered a Gym before. Gym as in 'Pokémon Gym', not 'gym'. He couldn't afford a membership at one of those, given outrageous their prices. Gyms were meant for trainers who were capable of great things, for those brave enough to take on the Gym Challenge, and those who had the time to spend on such an extreme pursuit. For those chasing a doctorate and a grant, it wasn't in the cards.

There was a point when Howard would've considered toughening up, but there was no need for it now. He was a Team Rocket appraiser and historian. There was no need to invest time into a field that would never yield fruit. That didn't mean he didn't capture Pokemon, and he kept two with him currently.

"No, Shirley. I'll get you some crackers later. Don't chew anything. Mauville Gym might be insured, but we certainly aren't." Shirley was brutal with a nasty bite, but the Aerodactyl was so spoiled that fighting with her made Howard's heart ache. She was family, and it wasn't like you sent out your family to fight others for sport.

...or did you?

The other was Crumble. The Claydol rested comfortably in its ball.

"I cannot believe it! Why does get the cool looking gym, and I'm stuck with a tiny office!" Howard whined as he crossed his arms in annoyance. "I swear to Arceus himself, if the fucking toilets are Raikou-themed..."

He would kill someone.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 15:27:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Today’s challenges from trainers who wanted to see for themselves who the Master of Faster were in for another surprise since Sayori was quick on her feet with Quick Attack, forcing them to keep up with the speed of her Absol in the non-traditional racing challenge. Racing safety gear was worn onto the ambassador’s purple business casual suit with a black tie tucked in the front of a white dress shirt as she crossed the finish line with only a minute to spare and giving her Absol a rest once she dismounted to take off the safety gear. [break][break]

Though the young man who challenged her appeared to be a little disappointed, the royal gives him words of a good job and that next time, he’ll definitely be able to match Sayori’s speed in next time’s race. While she would come out of the racing grounds and into the main building of the gym for a break while the next gym trainer took in the next challenge, there was little complaint made in earshot by a man in an attire similar to an explorer or maybe an archaeologist.[break][break]

Her Absol comes up beside her in saddled gear while the woman makes the approach over to the other man and his Aerodactyl. “I beg your pardon? If you are willing to be so bold in saying curse words in front of a royal presence, perhaps it will not be a good idea to.” Her refined Galarian poshness in the form of the Queen’s English comes with her speaking to the man with an explorer’s hat. “But I digress, the speech here seems to be more casual than what I have been taught in etiquette school in Galar.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 18:13:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Guh!" Howard turned to face the posh accent of Galarian high society. It was an accent he was familiar with, having interviewed spent time interviewing nobles in an attempt to sift through Galar's history and what became of its political structures and policies following the Darkest Day. He and Shirley looked at each other, and then Howard gave the woman a once over.

An accent was like a hat for somebody's voice. You could tell a lot about someone from it. With its current inflection, this woman was essentially wearing a large and elaborate crown complete with extra sparkles.

"Royal presence?" Howard inclined his head. His guess had been accurate. "You're Galarian? Unova's dynasty has been dead for years and years, plus your accent... Hm..." Howard walked around her in a circle with Shirley, inspecting Elise from several angles. He nodded. "And you carry yourself like one too. You're not pranking me, are you, princess?"

Plus, there was one small problem with this whole scenario. Miss Princess had entered the Gym from the racing grounds, which was to be expected. However... why would Galarian royalty be working at Mauville Gym? This sounded like a bad joke? Was Josh watching from the security cameras, laughing his ass off? Probably. Was Howard going to brain him with a mallet for this joke? Absolutely?

"So, what? I can't say fuuuu..." Self-preservation kicked in. "Fudge. Of course I can't say that! Listen, Miss Princess, to prove your identity, what's the name of the archaeologist royal within the Galarian Royal Family?" That was a question so fringe only a true archaeologist—or relative—would know.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 3:59:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She gets asked if she was Galarian as Unova’s own royal dynasty had been dead for years and years while the man wondered if she was pranking him…after he and his Aerodactyl would give her a once over. “I’m…not pranking you, no. Although while I am Galarian, I was born and raised in Ecruteak City for most of my childhood and teenage years because my mother is Johtonian.” The royal ambassador responds in a composed tone though there were people who haven’t met with any of the Galarian royal family members before.[break][break]

Of course, the man asks for some sort of proof of identity with who she was. The archaeologist in her family that she knew and adored more than her other two cousins in the Queen’s family was someone who gave her the books for Galarian politics to read in her office. “I know my elder cousin, , has been telling me about his archaeological expeditions at Sky Pillar, so he’s the archaeologist out of the royal family.” She answers his question for proof. “I haven’t asked much if I can come along with him, given that I’m always busy at the office, but I would’ve liked to next time.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 4:23:04 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm sorry, Miss Princess. But that's..." Howard turned away and made a shrugging gesture. "...correct...?"

Eh? Howard stopped. With a shaking, almost jittery motion, he slowly turned to face Elise. His one visible eye stared blankly towards her, and his mouth was partially agape. Wait, this wasn't a joke? There was no Josh cackling from his cameras? Well, if he wasn't laughing, he would be now. Howard looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Your cousin is Remiel? The same Remiel who works for the National Museum of Natural History? The same one speaks several languages? The same same one that speaks almost as many as me? The one whose resume is as long—maybe longer—as mine?" Howard's shaking voice shook even more as he realized he was in the presence of Galarian royalty, even if said royalty was partially from Johto.

So naturally, Howard did the only logical thing:

He bowed. He bowed hard. Any Galarian aristocrat would give Howard's bow a 10/10 on the bowing scale. He observed proper procedure, placed his head a certain amount of inches from the ground. He even gave the proper honorific. In a surprisingly deep and mature voice, he spoke. "Princess."

Then, the illusion broke.

"I'msosorrypleasedon'texecutemeIdidn'tknowI'mjustahumbleexplorerIdon'tknowwhatI'mdoingpleaseforgivemeI'mverystupidI'msorryI'msorryI'msorry." He said it all within a single breath. It was almost impressive, in a way.

Finally, he took a breath. He looked up.

"If there's anything I can do to forgive such a transgression, tell me! A bad word to your brother could ruin my career as a paleontologist and archaeologist for decades. Centuries. Eons. Epochs. Entire geological eras!" Howard stood up nervously. "Pretty please?

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 6:25:59 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

There was much bowing after he speaks of her elder cousin’s accomplishments as an archaeologist and the prince being able to work at the National Museum of Natural History. Profuse apologies came from the now nervous sounding man who really thought it was much of a grave error on his part. If Josh was there to see how nervous he was, maybe he’d understand and give him some comfort there. The royal knows that her friend was a really kind man who cared much about his employees and his Pokemon at his gym.[break][break]

“Well…since you know about my elder cousin’s exploits as an archaeologist…” The royal does think of something that the man could do as a favor she’d ask of him. “Would you not mind if you’d take me as a student of archaeology? My elder cousin talking about his recent research in Sky Pillar really piqued my interest in the field.” With most of what Remiel told her that he was researching the ancient Draconid mural in the spire, she really looked forward to being talked her ear off over what the prince had his theories for the ancient tribe of dragon tamers.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 7:46:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Oh?" Howard stopped groveling for a moment, before standing up. "This is sudden. Frankly, I didn't expect this at all. I was just going to gloat to your boss about how Rustboro had beaten Mauville in last night's baseball game. You're a Gym Trainer, right? Or however Josh sets up his Arceusforsaken gym."

He looked over Elise with a professional gaze. Like before, he walked around her in a circle, inspecting her. This wouldn't be news to the princess. Someone like Elise was likely used to being stared at, for a slew of different reasons. This wasn't some guy sneaking a glance as she walked down the street, though.

Instead, it was more of an appraisal.

"You want to learn in order to keep up with Remiel, or at least understand what he's studying? Sky Pillar is one site out of thousands." Howard's shoes clinked against the gym's floor as he continued circling her. "I could teach you about it. About the mural there, and even about how it was constructed out of stone hewn from Sootopolis. With enough time, you might even be able to read the language written there."

Howard stopped in front of Elise and put his hand on his hip. "It's a rough field, Miss Princess. It isn't just sitting in an office reading dusty books and making inferences." Was he a mind reader? Did he know about the books piled up in her office? Was he some sort of wizard? "You'll have to work the ground. Carefully extract artifacts without damaging them. You'll be working with things that are older than your entire royal bloodline. I can teach you, but it won't be easy. You might even hate me by the end of it all, and each time I walk through these doors to brag to Josh about how my team won—and how his team lost—you'll burst into tears."

Was this the same guy? He carried himself with a lot more pride and dignity than before. His gaze was sharp, analytical, and alert. At least, one eye was. The other was covered in a faded bandage. Again, was this really the same guy?

"Eh, alright. Could be fun to teach royalty." Howard grinned and nodded. "You're in, Miss Princess. I'll have you talking to Remiel about Draconid trade policy like a pro. I'm Howard Slayte. Don't call me Doctor Slayte, it reminds me of grad school."

Howard paled, seemingly having flashbacks to those dark, dark days. Yup, it was still the same guy.

His gaze quickly returned. "And you're a Calcifet, if Remiel is your cousin. What's your first name, Miss Princess?"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 6:28:00 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Well, that was one of the games that Josh liked seeing in the lounge on the second floor while she wasn’t really the type to like watching sports plays. “Well, you can go ahead and gloat about it. Rustboro is also where I have my important job as a royal ambassador of Galar.” Though maybe Josh was trying to get her into watching those sports matches with him if it involved any of the teams from Galar there versus the other regions in world matches.[break][break]

Her own purple eyes watch the man circle around her as he describes the field of archaeology being a rough one where it wasn’t about sitting in an office and dusting off older books. Working the ground, extracting artifacts carefully without damaging them, and working with everything that was older than the Calcifet lineage… This was something that Remiel himself learned to do out in the field.[break][break]

Once he finishes that he wouldn’t have a problem with teaching royalty and that it wouldn’t be easy, she gets to hear him introduce his name as Howard Slayte, but says that she shouldn’t call him by Doctor Slayte which reminded him of grad school. In the same vein, Howard asks for her first name since he knew the royal house she was descended from.[break][break]

“Well, since you know my surname, my first name is Elise and it’s a pleasure to meet you, Howard.” The royal gives out her own name in exchange while she does give a response to Howard’s little lecture over how one would learn to be an archaeologist to impress Remiel himself. “And I would be delighted to be taught by an experienced archaeologist such as yourself, I’m sure I will be able to keep up with Remiel’s research the next time I meet with him.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 4:31:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You honor me." Howard waved his hand as if awkwardly brushing away a spiderweb. Getting complimented by actual royalty made him feel strange. He was used to digging up the relics of royalty, not actually talking to them. "Your words are kind, but I'm average in my field. People like your cousin are truly spectacular.

Howard had read 's article: "Uncovering the Secrets of the Galarian Royalty" back when it had been published. It was a rough around the edges, but it broadcasted Remiel's talents, especially given his position of authority on the subject. It must be nice, being able to cite yourself. With enough training, perhaps Elise could publish a similar paper. That was far, far ahead. One did not simply wake up as a professional archaeologist.

The main reason was simply because Elise wouldn't get a good night's sleep while she studied the subject. There wouldn't be 'waking up' as much as there would be a 'caffeine deficiency'. Learning ancient runes would be hard work, and that was only one section out of thousands. "Rustboro? Splendid, I'm situated there as well. The proximity to Meteor Falls and Rusturf Tunnel make it desirable. Love it there. With all due respect, Mauville is too boxed in for my taste."

With their contract sealed, Howard opened his wallet and, with a straight face, produced a receipt from the time he had bought slushies from the Pokemart with . The receipt was relatively long, given the amount of slushies Howard had bought when they were fifty percent off.

"That's my info. Call me next time you're in Rustboro, and I'll teach you what I know. Additionally, I'll draft you up a curriculum in the meantime, and some assigned reading. Make sure you'll actually read it, or I'll cry..." Howard wiped away a non-existent tear from his bandaged eye.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 21:32:26 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Yes, Mauville itself did feel like living in a box…well, an indoor box that she wouldn’t be enjoying the fresh air outside. In comparison, Rustboro did have the places needed for her to learn much about what Howard did as an archaeologist. “I always think Rustboro is a little better to be outside than Mauville.” She replied to the man with a small nod before he gives her his contact information on a receipt filled with purchases of the slushies he bought where she could give him a call the next time she was in Rustboro, so he could teach her what he knew.[break][break]

He also mentioned that he’ll put together a curriculum in the meantime and assigned reading for her to look at. “Thank you, I’ll ensure that I have a long read of the materials you’ll give me on the subject.” The royal responds after she takes the receipt with Howard’s contact information since she would look forward to having him teach on what’s on the curriculum he’ll draw up in their next meeting.[break][break]

She would need to clear up a day in her schedule as royal ambassador for her to go down to Howard’s office though.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 23:45:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: