5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Escape from Reality [M][C/Matias]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 22:51:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Not long after the carnival re-opened that morning in Josh's hometown of Mauville, he had arrived to partake as a guest, rather than a carnie running his own attraction. It was a shame he couldn't spend time with , for their attractions ran on opposite days. He had already seen what her show was about many, many times, and it didn't make him any less concerned for her health. Sygna Suit or no, the vibration she subjected herself to was dangerous in his eyes. Walking by one of the souvenir booths, Josh didn't see anything of interest to him, but it was worth looking! Their stock changed frequently throughout the carnival's duration.

As he got in line to ride the legendary Pokémon carousel, the attraction he spent the most time at, a familiar face caught his eye. Just as the familiar outside row Raikou came into view, its seat unoccupied (yet the Entei and Suicune nearby were), so did a face Josh didn't seem too thrilled to see. The only visible disdain he had in the Volatile's presence was an eye roll that may have noticed. Josh set his frustrations with the Elite Four aside. He was out here to enjoy himself, not dwell on the past.

"Didn't expect to see you out here, Matias," Josh waved toward the Elite Four member he just couldn't seem to snag a victory from. Raikiri stood in line next to him, the Zeraora standing upright, which may have come as a surprise to the earthbender.

STAMP: Visit the Joyland Pop-up souvenir booths.

{WC: 254}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 8:13:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"hm?"[break][break]

lost in his own thoughts, he doesn't notice the familiar face until they're right by his side accompanied by their zeraora. he turns to regard the gym leader with a smile, pleasant as ever.[break][break]

"ah, josh. yes, i was just out and about."[break][break]

no plushies occupy his hands.[break][break]

"here for the ride then, are you?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 17:31:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was apparent from Josh's body language that he was still far from friends with Matias. That animosity had lessened after speaking with , , and others about the Eris incident, which had by this point in time, largely blown over in his circle. It was in the past, he had done or was doing his recompense for what he had done, and he had forgiven everyone he had wronged, including himself. He had learned a harsh lesson about making such a feverish pursuit of the Johtonian god of speed.

That didn't mean he couldn't fantasize about it, though, and that was what he would do today. "Johanna's done such a bang-up job with Funtasia. You wouldn't think I'd enjoy such a 'safe' attraction, what with what I'm known for in Hoenn, but just look at it!" He pointed to the Raikou on the carousel. "I've been coming back here when I can, too. I've already been on that one," he pointed to the outside-row Chien-Pao, blissfully unaware of the hatred within the actual snow cat. In the same row were the other three ruinous beasts.

"I'm calling dibs on the Raikou! What about you? Do you have one in mind?"

{WC: 201}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 8:31:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

josh's clear dislike of matias is ignored in favor of enjoying the day out in the sun.[break][break]

he looks toward the carousel, ignoring the loud sounds that come from the tauros-rodeo game a few stalls away.[break][break]

"which one would you say fits me best?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:00:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At Matias' inquiry, Josh looked around to see what all was on the carousel. There were plenty of Pokémon he recognized, such as Virizion, as well as ones he didn't. Another cat-like Pokémon caught his eye, though he did not recognize the Solgaleo, nor the Lunala that was next to it. The Xerneas and Yveltal were beyond his knowledge of the gods, as well. Most regions' legendary Pokémon were accounted for.

Two of the three of the Weather Trio were there, Rayquaza most notably absent due to being Funtasia's flagship roller coaster. "Heh, that's kinda cute," Josh pointed to the Groudon on one of the inside rows. The saddle on its back was raised to allow a rider to comfortably sit on it, though the back of it was unrealistically tall. It would have been apparent, especially to Matias, that this kind of saddle design would not have worked well for the real Groudon, even if the behemoth was willing to wear one. "I dunno about you, but I think seeing you on the Groudon would make for a fun picture. I still need to get a picture of me on the Raikou."

Once it was their turn to board, Josh dashed for the Raikou, gleefully climbing aboard and leaning low against the back of its thundercloud as though he was riding the real thing. It was obvious from his smile and his body language that his mind wandered in his ultimate fantasy that the Top Champion let him live reasonably often. The seats of the other legendary Pokémon filled up. After seeing how much fun Josh had riding the Chien-Pao last time, the upright-walking Raikiri chose the ice-type. Several dirty-minded observers snapped photos of the thundercat astride the artisan replica of the ruinous feline.

Whatever choice Matias made, Josh would call out to him once more if his choice of Pokémon was within earshot. "This your first time over here?" he asked. "I keep coming back to this thing every day I can. The feel of each one I've been on matches what I've experienced riding the real thing as reasonably as could be expected. Haven't been on the Virizion yet, though," Josh pointed to the Sacred Sword several rows in front of him, the seat occupied by a teenage young man.

{WC: 388}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 16:38:18 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD END!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

RECEIVES THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: