saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 5:22:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the water stills but the skies do not. dark clouds have long shadowed over them though they have not cracked just yet. rain never falls, perhaps held back by opposing forces.[break][break]

or just one.[break][break]

"but he did hurt you. he must have done something. why else would you have been so adamant about killing him? it wasn't duty or loyalty to rocket that drove you, only an idiot would believe that, so what was it, elisabeth? revenge? justice?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 5:39:14 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"...It's stupid, isn't it? To kill someone for something they didn't do." Her face crumpled a bit as she laughed, something in her voice breaking with the hollow sound. "I don't think someone like you can know what it feels like, to bind yourself to the wrong person."[break][break]

Her breath hitched in her throat like a knife. Suddenly looking at Matias felt impossible, and her hands flew to her eyes seconds too late as she fought back a wave of emotion that surged so violently, she felt powerless to stop it.[break][break]

"You should hear the things he's done to other women," she managed to say, wiping her eyes on the back of her hand. "They're not my stories to repeat, but... I could have been one of them, Matias."[break][break]

I would have been one of them, a tiny, despairing voice in her insisted, stabbing her with self-rebuke over and over. I was stupid enough to be the next.[break][break]

And hadn't she become just like him, in her quest to understand that evil?[break][break]

"I can't live like that again. I couldn't. I just." She shook her head back and forth, golden hair tousled to and fro, as the words spilled helplessly out of her. "I don't know. It felt like, something I had to face. Something I had to do."[break][break]

As if she'd had no choice.[break][break]

She tried to breathe, and every breath felt agonizing, smothered tight against her chest. Her hands fell to her sides, and her tear-streaked face turned to him, raw and exposed in the moonlight.[break][break]

"I don't know what I was looking for. I don't know if I found it, either. But... I don't want to look for it anymore."[break][break]

That thorn embedded in her mind had been removed with Wo-chien's distance from her, allowing the gaping wound to finally attempt to heal.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 6:37:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

someone like you, she says as though she isn't talking to someone who has found himself bound to the wrong family, one he only had a place in to be a replacement, to fill an impossible void.[break][break]

but their situations are different, he starts to realize the more she shares and the more he listens. how odd, for once, that all he does is listen. maybe it's the vulnerability being shown that helps.[break][break]

"i don't understand, at least not fully, but it sounds like you're free now."[break][break]

he wonders what that means exactly to be free from one bind only to be bound by a few others.[break][break]

"just don't go looking for it again."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 6:49:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I think I just wanted to punish him," she confessed quietly, and maybe it was the way he didn't push her further that let her lean her head against his shoulder, exhausted by this unwanted mental toll. "I always have a way of punishing myself instead, I guess."[break][break]

Matias was the wrong person to rely on, too. But he was here, and for now, that was enough.[break][break]

It felt like she had precious little control over herself these days. What had been bitterness, despair, and rage had changed seemingly overnight into a wider range of feeling, from the lightness of knowing joy again to this purging of catharsis now.[break][break]

"I don't know why you care," she continued, and that thought could come off callous, though she didn't seem to realize it. "You two never seemed close."[break][break]

She'd never had siblings, but she understood family loyalty well enough.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 8:49:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

when she leans on his shoulder, he reaches up to hold her, providing her with whatever comfort she could find from him.[break][break]

"we aren't."[break][break]

and that's not why he cares. he has told her again and again that it's her he cares about, and that he holds their complicated dynamic in higher regard than merely being allies. it would be a disservice to only be that.[break][break]

"i'm sure this isn't a surprise but there aren't many on my side within the league. for whatever reason, my brother is, or at least he presents it that way to others."[break][break]

he sighs, leaning his cheek against her.[break][break]

"he's more use to me alive for now."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 14:34:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

What an odd way to discover they were alike. Even when people spoke on their behalf, they didn't trust their intentions.[break][break]

This current moment was no exception. Even as she relied on Matias now for some semblance of comfort, Elisabeth wasn't sure how much she trusted him, either.[break][break]

The rain started slowly; the downpour came quickly. A light drizzle first misted the air, clouding up the night sky as the moonlight vanished behind a slow-rolling bank of fog. Elisabeth blinked back raindrops as she looked upwards, watching the world shift from the stillness of midnight to the tumult of a fast-approaching storm.[break][break]

"Come here," she urged, pulling him into the cramped warmth of the small boat's interior. She shouldn't have been surprised by the quality of the vessel; he was a Silph, after all, and likely had some access to that family's resources. "Likely not a good day for sailing," she commented, staring out the window as a choppy surface manifested on once-calm waves.[break][break]

Elisabeth shivered again despite herself, removing her drenched jacket before she began to wring out her wet hair. Emerald eyes slid towards him, curious.[break][break]

"You never mentioned why you wanted us to travel by sea," she opened, waiting for an explanation.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 10:22:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the sudden downpour forces them into the cramped cabin that he has earned all on his own and through no silph resources. despite being legally part of the family, he has since been estranged by his own choice and likely by his own brother. he hadn't bothered to check as he had never needed it.[break][break]

he glances out the window as she comments on the weather, and though she isn't wrong, he deems it the perfect day for sailing because what awaits them out there is a prize like no other. a catch so grand that it would propel him to the very top of the food chain.[break][break]

but they don't have to rush. they can take their time. the weather may bend but it will not break until he lets it.[break][break]

"it seemed like a good a time as any."[break][break]

his attention moves away from the weather as he discards his drenched shirt as well. he runs a hand through his hair, slicking it back before approaching her. without much of a word, he reaches for her face, wanting to hold her close.[break][break]

"thank you for sharing with me."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 15:50:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth braced herself for the clammy touch of his hands, only to be reminded again that heat radiated from every part of him, warming her from the cold of the wind and rain.[break][break]

"You said you wanted me to trust you," she reminded him, her own hand gently alighting on his forearm. "So I'm trying." An impossible ask, really, but one she was willing to perform for him. If her own vulnerability was to be collateral in that exchange, so be it.[break][break]

Worse men had known worse things about her, or so she told herself.[break][break]

As Elisabeth studied his face, however, a tiny frown pulled at the corners of her mouth as she debated voicing her true thoughts aloud. Trust went both ways, she decided.[break][break]

"There's something you're not telling me, though," she said finally, a question in her eyes. "What is it?"[break][break]

Outside, the storm raged, the low-rumbling of crashing waves threatening to rock against the boat. Suddenly the water surged, and abruptly Elisabeth found herself thrust into his arms, clinging to him as gravity spun.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 11:17:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the storm rages, the sea surges, and soon they're forced closer together. he catches her for his own benefit as well, having lost his balance briefly which is an annoyance in itself. the ocean is a terrible, terrible place, he had long decided, and a day will never come when he feels comfort in it.[break][break]

trust goes both ways, he decides, and so when asked to do the same, he shares.[break][break]

"kyogre is on the loose."[break][break]

he reveals.[break][break]

"its previous avatar lost control of it and has since fled the region, and so the task now falls to me to handle it before it's too late."[break][break]

and after a pause, he adds:[break][break]

"i wanted your help."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 5:40:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Kyogre is on the loose."[break][break]

She blinked, processing this information and the implied absence of a much-loathed captain of the high seas. It was enough to distract her from their intimate proximity, the wheels of her mind filing this away as something worth mentioning to later.[break][break]

"I suspect your patron has opinions on that," she said, wondering if this was a releasing of a shackle for him, or a warning that his own deity might face the same eventual fate. "But why me? Rayquaza's Avatar would be the more suitable partner for such a thing."[break][break]

Well. Unless...[break][break]

"How badly did you hurt her?" she asked him abruptly, and there was no accusation in her tone. Just curiosity. "Was there someone else?"[break][break]

It made sense, Elisabeth reasoned. had looked at her that day in the flower shop as if she was a Seviper, slithering in the shadows to snatch unsuspecting prey.[break][break]

That knee-jerk reaction to Matias's presence near her made the pieces click together. Some woman, somewhere, was likely to blame for whatever ruin his engagement had faced.[break][break]

"You don't have to name them, if so," she reassured him. "Just a simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 5:52:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

if anything, it serves as a reminder of just how easily it would be for him to suffer the same consequences as his counterpart. it would not take much for him to lose control of groudon, and in turn for the land titan to discard him as though he were merely a toy to play with.[break][break]

it is simply up to him to ensure that does not happen. the fact that the RED SHARDS are embedded in him is a good start, but there are missing pieces that he so desperately needs. hence his ask to her.[break][break]

her question is met with silence at first but the answer comes easily.[break][break]

"yes."[break][break]

he does not need to say her name aloud. they both know it was who snatched him away and ruined his engagement.[break][break]

"rayquaza intends to bring peace, while i intend to kill it."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 6:11:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I see," she said, as if nothing in this confession surprised her. She couldn't fault anyone for infidelity, exactly; her own marriage had been rife with it on both sides, hers fueled by a venomous spite that she couldn't shake even now.[break][break]

Maybe that was why agreeing to this arrangement with Matias had come more easily to her than she'd expected. She was used to justifying things like this, to achieve her own private vendettas.[break][break]

Did I sleep with him to spite his brother as much as anything else, she caught herself questioning, but ultimately, she decided it didn't matter. She'd already made her bed, literally and metaphorically, and now had to lie in it.[break][break]

"You can tell people it was me who stole you from , you know," she offered, meeting his gaze. "The League already thinks I was out to seduce Silph men for intelligence. Why not confirm their fears? I benefit from the notoriety, and you can protect..." She let the words drift off, allowing his mind to fill in the blank she refused to guess at aloud. "Well. You can protect your secrets," she finished simply.[break][break]

It couldn't change her status quo for the worse. If the League wanted to call her a whore, she might as well be one who destroyed an alliance between two of the League's most powerful Avatars, she supposed.[break][break]

Speaking of.[break][break]

"Is there no way to control Kyogre? Is killing it the only way?"[break][break]

Distantly, she recalled the Blue Shard that Velmos had gifted , but said nothing.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 4:45:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"it doesn't matter. the important ones already know the truth."[break][break]

he has other secrets more worthwhile, anyway, and he would trade the secret of his affair if it meant the others remained locked away.[break][break]

"the league has the blue orb but a part of it is missing. without it, anyone who tries to use it will fail the same way dross had."[break][break]

the thought did occur to him, briefly, whether he could use the blue orb for himself. could he find a way to corrupt it in his favor?[break][break]

"we would need the blue orb whole."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 8:59:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Which leaves you at an impasse," she finished. Rocket wouldn't surrender its Blue Shard to the League, and she didn't intend to change that outcome. Killing Kyogre didn't seem the answer, though, either. A balance was needed in Hoenn with Groudon and Kyogre kept in check by Rayquaza so that neither overpowered the other.[break][break]

An uneasy feeling told her the utopia that Matias dreamed of wasn't a utopia in reality. Voicing that seemed unwise, however.[break][break]

"I don't suppose it matters, either way," she said to herself as much as him. "Some things are out of our control."[break][break]

The boat's rocking slowly righted itself, adjusting to the steadying waves. Only then did Elisabeth register just how close she and the Elite Four had become, a tiny flicker of alarm sputtering back into existence as her heartbeat started to pound frantically in her chest. It suddenly brought to mind another situation like this one, embracing him in a lava-filled cavern where the slightest misstep could spell disaster at his hands.[break][break]

Strangely, she didn't have that same sense of self-preservation this time. Here in this damp, dim-lit place, he'd become a source of comfort, instead.[break][break]

Her heartbeat slowed with this odd realization, the tension in her body fading as quickly as it came. Without meaning to, she'd relaxed into his arms, basking in the warmth of him.[break][break]

"You can let go now, you know," she reminded him softly, voice muffled from where he'd pulled her into his embrace. You can let go, too, she also reminded herself, but it startled her to realize that she didn't want to.[break][break]

Something she failed to hide from him as she glanced upwards, emerald eyes expressing something to him they'd never had before.[break][break]

And though it wasn't the love he wanted from her, it was something just as human. Something born of familiarity and safety.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
UNTAMED SEA
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 17:13:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the utopia he dreams of cannot be achieved through balance, which means it cannot exist for as long as kyogre and rayquaza both roam this universe. the only way to create an imbalance strong enough to tip the scales in their favor is to eliminate their opposition.[break][break]

controlling it is an interesting idea, however, and it does sink into the depths of his mind perhaps to be brought up at a later time.[break][break]

the brief tension he feels serves as a reminder of their close proximity, bringing him back into the cramped cabin where the strongest source of warmth is from the person in his arms.[break][break]

not odd, considering how he feels and what he has admitted.[break][break]

"i know."[break][break]

he says, voice low as he reaches up for her face.[break][break]

"but i don't want to."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]