TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 12:15:39 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

They had agreed to meet at the welcome sign at the start of the boardwalk. What was anticipated to be a clear if chilly day at the beachside, spent 'getting to know one another' while out and about, was going to warrant a change of plans.
[break][break]
Storm clouds gather heavy on the firmament, and the constant gusts of cold air off the ocean brings the scent of clean rain mixed with a tinge of salt. That was fine though, they could alter their plans and find some indoors, kitschy nook to size one another up in.
[break][break]
Wincing against another gust of wind, she begins to scan the crowd in search of an unfamiliar face, determined to pick her out date despite not knowing what he looks like. At her side stands Clefable, who appears absorbed in his own little world as he hums and waggles his fingers to some grandiose orchestra playing in his head.
[break][break]
Clefable's ears peek all of a sudden, and his humming stops.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: Vs Thundurus.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,745 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 14:17:16 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev-disguise"]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]

Since Zev's encounter with Necrozma in November, he had disappeared from the public eye. He'd closed down his bar and moved out of his apartment in Slateport City. Instead of going out during the day, he only snuck out at night beneath the cover of darkness. But such an arrangement could only last for a short time. [break][break]

On that cold and blustery day in January, he walked down a crowded street in broad daylight for the first time. But he did not wear the face of , former bar owner, known member of Team Rocket. [break][break]

Shoulder-length blonde hair, tied back into a low ponytail, replaced his short mess of black hair. Instead of their usual blue color, his eyes were a light hazel. Even the angles of his face were slightly different, just enough to transform him from a terrorist to a civilian. [break][break]

His shiny Zoroark stalked by his side, the reason and source of the illusion. As an added measure, she herself had taken on the appearance of an Obstagoon, a Pokémon Zev did not possess. [break][break]

As the man approached the boardwalk, he spotted the figure of a woman he knew well. But his newest false identity, that of Unovan transplant Jason Kellner, had never met her before. [break][break]

In fact, it was their first date. [break][break]

"?" Zev asked as he neared his wife, replicating a genuine mix of uncertainty and hope in his voice as he extended a hand. The smile he offered her was light, charming. "I'm Jason. Nice to meet you."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev-disguise"]--accent:#5BA2DC;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
563 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 14:40:58 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Nenet's gaze snags on a blonde man just seconds before he speaks; she takes him in fully, her golden eyes pointedly sweeping over his physique until she meets light hazel eyes she's never seen before in her life.
[break][break]
She smiles, coy and pleased.
[break][break]
"Jason," she greets in turn, her hand extending to shake his in greeting before wrapping her arms around herself for warmth. "Feel free to call me Nenet, everyone else does. It's a pleasure to meet you."
[break][break]
With a sudden laugh, she tacks on, "Do you mind if we find somewhere inside to hide? This wind is killing me." As if to spur the pair onwards a low rumble of thunder shakes the shoreline. The storm begins moving in off the ocean waters towards Lilycove itself, bringing with it fat raindrops that strike the weathered wood of the boardwalk.
[break][break]
As the pair speak Clefable narrows his eyes first at 'Jason' and then at his Obstagoon. He stands a touch closer to his trainer at glowers at the man he's sure it is: Zev Harcourt.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,745 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 15:38:32 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]

Zev widened his smile at her positive reaction to this stranger he'd become. "Nenet," he repeated, as if to test the name on his tongue. "Yes, definitely. It's way too fucking cold out—oh, pardon my Kalosian." [break][break]

He jerked his thumb over his shoulder. "I passed by a cozy-looking café on my way here. Want to see if there's a quiet little nook where we can enjoy some coffee?" he offered. [break][break]

Zoroark-as-Obstagoon peered at the Clefable before turning to follow her master and his date down the street. The Illusion Fox Pokémon was certain that her and Zev's disguises were immaculate; if Nenet touched her husband's face, she would even feel the difference in form. [break][break]

How could a simple Clefable see through them? Impossible.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev-disguise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev-disguise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
563 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 18:05:55 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"You're very much pardoned if it's warm inside," she answers teasingly while hurrying along. The small group find themselves in the foyer of the café none too soon; as the door closes behind them a boom of thunder shakes the sky and rain begins to pour over the boardwalk.
[break][break]
"Just in time," Nenet breathes out as she makes her way over to order a cup of coffee. "I can't believe this crazy weather in the last year," the woman muses conversationally as they browse the overhead menu together.
[break][break]
Shaking off the cold, Clefable continues to stare distrustfully at Zev - which to an outsider would certainly seem reasonable. But they didn't know the reason for the Pokemon's dislike. Zev made the mistake of insulting Clefable's protective abilities in front of its own trainer. Clefable would know the man without the ability of sight nor sound. He would know; illusions be damned.
[break][break]
This was his nemesis.
[break][break]
As they place their orders Nenet asks conversationally, "What brings you to Hoenn?" Rain spills down the café's windows in thick rivulets.

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,745 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 23:57:29 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]

Zev cast a glance over his shoulder at the pouring rain outside the café before joining Nenet at the counter to peruse the menu. He was grateful that the two of them did not have a habit of public displays of affection, as it made the façade of a first date that much easier. [break][break]

"Work, actually," he replied, the answer coming naturally. Ever since acquiring his Zoroark, he'd spent time fabricating a basic false identity, the details of which he hoped to refine over time. Nenet's question actually helped in that regard. [break][break]

"I used to be a cop back in Castelia City, but decided I needed a change in career—and in scenery," Zev explained as he paid for both their coffees, plus two packets of Pokémon treats for Clefable and Zoroark. [break][break]

The group made their way to a small alcove with a table and comfortable armchairs. He gave the Pokémon one bag of treats each before settling into a chair with his coffee. [break][break]

"I own a security company now, so we contract out to various buildings throughout Hoenn and also offer personal security contracts. You know, for high-profile people. VIPs. We're still small, though. Not super well known." [break][break]

After taking a sip, he turned the question back on Nenet, though he knew her answer intimately. "What about you? Were you born here, or did something draw you here like it did me?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
563 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 15:21:25 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Oh!" she murmurs in pleasant surprise. "I've been to Castelia, but not since I was a little girl. My father's from Unova." She exhales contentedly as she snugs down into the armchair's plush and curls in on herself for warmth.
[break][break]
With a huff, Clefable peered at the pro-offered treat, his arms stubbornly crossing as he refuses to take them from Zev. Nenet snorts quietly and reaches down to take the treat bag and open it, upon which Clefable finally takes it to nibble on the treat.
[break][break]
"But no, I'm from Alola. I came here for work too. I'm an astrobiologist but I came to the Observatory from Hokulani on Ula'Ula to study 99943 Meteno. I'm one of the Senior Astronomical Observers in Mossdeep."
[break][break]
She takes a grateful sip of her coffee and wraps her fingers around the cup, leeching out all the warmth she can from the ceramic. With a coy smile she asks, "So no uniform since you're no longer on the force?"

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,745 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 17:35:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]

Zev smirked at Clefable, amused by the Pokémon's mistrust. Though Clefable's behavior was not an act but genuine dislike of the man, it only reinforced the image that the two humans were strangers to each other. [break][break]

Turning his attention back to Nenet, Zev said, "No uniform, though we all dress the same while on the job." Then his smile widened, and a teasing quality entered his voice. "Does that disappoint you?" [break][break]

Just then, a great boom of thunder shook the café, and the lights flickered ominously. Other customers murmured among themselves, marveling at the great downpour of rain from the safety of the indoors.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
563 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 16:46:14 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"It's definitely a shame," Nenet replies teasingly, her golden eyes bright as she peers at Zev over her cup of coffee.
[break][break]
She jumps subtly at the boom of thunder, her eyes momentarily wide in surprise. Looking out the nearby window, smears of light shine in the distance, obscured by the heavy rain; instead of early afternoon the ominous sky has turned the day to night.
[break][break]
"You know," Nenet says as they watch the rain, the low murmur of the cafe mingling with the slap of heavy rain upon glass, "I'm glad I came out. I wasn't sure if I wanted to date again or not but this has been nice."
[break][break]
She flashes Zev a secretive smile and says lowly, "We should do this again sometime."

NOTES

- .[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,745 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:32:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]

Zev adopted a pleased, hopeful expression at Nenet's words. Sipping his coffee, he reached out and brushed the back of her hand with his knuckles in a subtle caress. [break][break]

"I'd love that," he said, further distancing his new persona from his true self by using that word. [break][break]

Then he withdrew his hand, resting it casually on the table. "I'm glad you took a chance on me, Nenet. Dating apps are always hit or miss, but I think I scored the jackpot with you." [break][break]

For the next hour, they continued to chat, touching on various shallow topics common to first dates. When the rain finally abated, they bid each other farewell and went their separate ways. [break][break]

Much later, Zev returned home without his disguise, kissed Nenet all over, and laughed with her over how silly their fake date had been. And in the privacy of their home, he thanked her for her being so helpful.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,148 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
New Year, New You
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 1:57:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: