Zac Ramsay
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 6:43:16 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

New Year New Ki
Route 120 | Mission

THEME

An hour's hike outside of Fortree city, Zac stopped for a breather. "Nice spot. Yeah this'll do," he said, looking around at the frozen hilltop covered in icy pines. He cleared a spot in the knee-deep snow and set up his tripod facing the trees. Chu-e was still making his way up the hill and Zac took a quick peek at the list Devin had left him. 
    Devin was Zac's cameraman, and the real photography genius. Unlike Zac, he knew the basics of working a camera. Lid off, aim at the target, click button etc. You know, all the technical stuff.
Thankfully, Devin had sent Zac a list of 5-'Zac-proof' tips to taking a killer new profile pic.

1. Cap off
2. Line up
3. Try to look cool
4. Show them your true nature
5. Be in the photo

"Should be easy enough," Zac said, as he removed his adventuring cap and looked around at the icy hilltop. He crossed off items one and three on the list. "No cap, and pretty damn cool. Man we're killing it so far."

NOTES:
TAG:  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 23:24:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Since they had caught a murderer together (or did they? Dun dun duuuuun), Chu-e felt an affinity for Zac. The guy was nice and had a fun personality as well as being able to get stuff done.

However, if Zac was the one to decide theif photoshoot spot, Chu-e may have to kill him.

It took a lot longer for Chu-e to reach the top of the hill. His frail body couldn't handle too much exercise and he felt like this was counter productive to looking hot for the camera. He just wanted to have nice pics for his dating profile, since apparently his husband had fucked off to who-knew-where. Or maybe died. He didn't like to think about the details too hard.

When he reached the top with Zac, finally, he half collapsed into the grass, face first. "Zac, I think I'm dying." Melodramatic and flat.
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 0:33:09 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

The murderer-catching duo of Chu-e and Zac were now together, but they were not alone. Little did they know that an even more villainous presence was lurking nearby, creeping ever-closer. But where? The snow was fresh and untouched but for the place Zac had cleared, unmarked by a single footfall. And while certain things slithered unseen beneath the earth, this time Chryssa was not one of them. 

No, it was the air you had to watch out for. A shadow fell across the little clearing in the pines, followed by the ominous ca-chkk! of rapidly-firing camera shutter sounds. A Drifblim was descending from the clouds, a passenger cradled securely in its arms. 

Clear as a bell, triumphant laughter rang out from above.

"Hah! Hah! Hah! You thought you could escape me!"

The paparazzi had discovered Zac and Chu-e's little hideaway, and soon the world would know of their secret liason. 

...But not really, since Zac had told her he'd be there. Chryssa alighted delicately on the ground in the center of the clearing like a lily stem being lowered into a vase, the polar opposite of Chu-e collapsed in the grasses. She took a few more pictures of his collapsed body for effect, then turned to Zac.

"Hello Zac Ramsay," she said, all business, "As you begged and pleaded for my help, I'm here." She seemed to do a double-take as she actually recognized the other party. "Why, Mr. Ji-Hoo! You're the eligible bachelor everyone's talking about? ...Just kidding." She narrowed her eyes.

"For now, anyway."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 0:52:54 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

New Year New Ki
Route 120 | Mission

THEME

"Chryssa! Great! Everyone's here now," Zac said, watching as his partner-in-crime landed next to his partner-in-crime-solving. Chryssa already had her camera out. Man she's an enthusiastic one. 
    "Beautiful day for some photography, isn't it?" he asked, semi-rhetorically, as the day was decidedly terrible for anything but staying inside. "Once Ki is conscious again, we can get right on with the shoot. I was thinking up in the tree. Probably this one here," he said, pointing at the largest pine in the copse. It's lower third was completely devoid of branches or handholds, leaving about 20ft of rough bark that Zac was expecting Ki to climb.

Zac checked Devin's list again. 

What's more natural than a big, old tree in the middle of the wilderness? Zac grinned. Sometimes he could be quite the mastermind, and today he was crushing it. Oh this is gonna get some serious 'bings' on the 'Chat-o-Toc', he thought with pride. Ki's not gonna know what hit him.

NOTES:
TAG:  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 1:14:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Rolling over onto his back, with all the grace of a drunken cow no less, Chu-e gave a small huff and raised a weak arm to greet Chryssa. He was pretty surprised to see her here, let alone that Zac knew her. Small world. He didn't reply, didn't have a chance, just stared up at the tree that Zac had pointed out with an intense concentration.

"Chryssa," finally, he spoke. "I need you to do me a favor. In my pocket, I have a knife. Take it and stab me in the forehead as hard as you can. Zac's method to kill me will take too much time."

Groaning, he forced himself to sit up. "I couldn't endure a short jaunt up the hill, how will I make it up there?" Did any of his pokemon know how to fly? Would he trust any of them to try?
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 10:27:18 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"In the tree!" Chryssa echoed, rubbing her hands together. "It's perfect, perfect. Yes, you are a mad genius, Zacharias Ramshead..." She wasn't sure exactly what was going through the bearded man's mind, personally, but she was always happy to aid and abet chaos when she saw it. 

Their incapacitated model seemed less than enthused, however. She watched him roll over, moaning something ungrateful. "Ji-Hoo," Chryssa said, exasperated at his request, "That's very unrealistic. I can't possibly stab you through the forehead." She tipped her head to the side, considering. "The skull there is far too thick. Maybe via the temple, or the roof of your mouth..."

Breaking off that train of thought, she was happy to volunteer the obvious for the task. "Why, as the Love Guru herself, I of course brought my most Romantic Drifblim to facilitate the process. We'll have you up that tree in no time!" Beagan, the Drifblim, floated timidly towards Chu-e and hesitantly tried to pick the man up off the ground to carry him up the massive pine tree. Its huge, flat hands flapped around like wet pillowcases, trying to get a grip on him.

"Zac, was there anything... else we should do?"

Such an innocent question...

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 10:42:55 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

New Year New Ki
Route 120 | Mission

THEME

"Anything else? Uhhhh..." Zac turned around, sheltering his secret list as he checked off the items. Sure that they were all set in his head he tromped through the snow over to his friends. 
"Okay. So, everyone has taken their hats off, yeah? Chryssa! That means you too! Whatever that thing is on your head get it off. It could ruin the shoot!" Zac checked to make sure he hadn't accidentally put his hat back on. Thankfully, he hadn't.

1. Cap off

"Ki. You're looking pretty cool already, but that jacket will give people the wrong impression," Zac said, pulling the thick coat off of his friend. "You need to exude a sense of being freezing. That will attract someone with a lot of extra warmth, who will want to wrap you up and take care of you. It's called the Chansey effect and it's pretty common in nature. Here, Chryssa, hold onto this," he said, passing the jacket to the least trustworthy person on the hill.

3. Try to look cool

"Now you're all set, we just need you up in that tree." He gestured to the Drifblim floating ominously nearby. "Well? Go on mate. We need you to show us how in touch with nature you are."

4. Show them your true nature...?

NOTES:
TAG:  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 11:37:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh my god." Chu-e said, with less inflection than expected given he was being manhandled, stripped, and forced into the loving embrace of a sack of gas. "This house is a fucking nightmare." He felt very much like a man forced to climb on top of the fridge. What did that mean? It meant Chu-e watched too many "Epic Vintage Rime" compilations at 3 AM.

And Chu-e really didn't like ghost types. The only thing he detested more were Abomasnow, since they seemed like his ass more than they should. Yet, yet, still he climbed into the clammy embrace of the pokemon and only balked a little. Progress.

Chu-e drifted upwards with all the grace he had before. None.

"Zac, the Chansey Effect was disproved like four years ago." He was partially a Normal Type expert and had to keep up with that kind of useless knowledge. "I don't think either of you know what you're doing. This is your plan to keep me single and celibate for the rest of my life. I'm onto you both." He shook his fist with no real force before clinging desperately back to the Drifblim.
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 13:47:31 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa reached up reflexively to clutch her Evil Hat. "No..." she said, petulant, "I need it..." No explanation was given for why. 

Under Zac's baleful gaze, she turned away and reluctantly tugged it off her head, but as his attention shifted she revealed she was wearing a smaller, darker hat underneath. "Hah. Hah. Hah," she whispered, reveling in gaining the upper hand. 

Meanwhile Beagan had finally gotten its hands wrapped around Ji-Hoo and had begun its ascent into the boughs of the tree. How was he making something so simple look so clumsy? Astounding. To help ease his nerves (just kidding) Chryssa stood at the base of the tree and watched them rise, taking more pictures from below to capture the entire journey. She was considering making a scrapbook. 

"Did you know that Drifblim is actually filled with human souls?" Chryssa brought up casually, lowering her camera as the ghostly air balloon attempted to deposit Chu-e on one of the upper boughs, "Isn't that interesting? It suggests souls are lighter than air. I wonder how it gets them." 

Oh well, it probably wasn't important. Chryssa stepped back, pretending to frame the now very distant Chu-e between her fingers like a real pro. "Target acquired," she said, businesslike. "Shutter engaged. Fire in three... two... one..." 

Her new goal was to get in every one of the pictures, so she spun around and posed at the base of the tree.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 14:09:38 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

New Year New Ki
Route 120 | Mission

THEME

Zac listened to Chryssa spout of some cursed Pokemon facts as the Drifblim picked up Ki and deposited him high up in the tree. "Is that too high?" Zac asked himself softly. It was probably fine. Devin's note hadn't mentioned anything about height limits. 
    "Isn't that interesting?" Chryssa asked, on the subject of Drifblim's internal collection of souls. "It suggests souls are lighter than air. I wonder how it gets them."
    "Oh I saw a documentary on this!" Zac chimed in, "It said that in ancient times, some countries used to use Drifblims to suck the souls out of criminals. So depending on how long those buoyant, baleful balloons hang around they may still be filled with the restless souls of mass murderers and whatnot! Ki will you stop shaking?!" Zac shouted up at his long-suffering subject.

With Ki up safely in the tree, Zac could finally focus on the last two items. "Line up," he muttered to himself. "Well, if i'm here, and Ki's up in the tree...Hey Chryssa! Can you do whatever that pose is just a bit to the right? Perfect!"    

With the three of them all lined up, Zac snapped a few pics from down low, catching a wayward hand or hat in the bottom of each pic. "That's perfect Chryssa. Can you jump higher? I want it to look like someone is trying to save Ki from being stuck in a tree. It's called the Litten effect, and it's sure to attract all manner of potential candidates, especially firemen I bet. What soft hearted man or woman could resist saving someone stuck in a tree?"

NOTES:
TAG:  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 21:52:51 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
When Chu-e was sat on a branch, he instantly clung to the tree. It was a lot colder and windier up here than down on the ground. He shook like a leaf as he watched at the shenanigans below him. With the comments on the Drifblim, he side eyed it some. Well, it looked like the two of them might have had more in common than he was really comfortable exploring.

"I better be men who want to save me." He called down, squinting at the duo as he watched. "What if they think Chryssa is my kid or something? I've already been accused of being a teen mom, I don't need it on my dating profile." Ah, yes, the incident with and ... that had actually been really fun. And it had been a joke he had made, but they didn't need to know that, did they?

A pause.

"Zac, if Chryssa is going to be in some of these, you get in some, too! I can say she's your kid and that if they break my heart, my big brother will beat them up. We could practically be twins, you know."

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 10:07:27 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
“I always want to save people from trees,” Chryssa said in a heart-warming testimonial, looking into the camera. What were they going to do if Ji-Hoo fell out though, honestly? She knew she wouldn’t be the one to try and catch him. 

But meanwhile, Chryssa was experimenting with all manner of different poses. She tried some classic ones, like pretending she was holding a tiny Ji-Hoo in one hand like a tourist at Lumiose Tower. Then she came up with her own fun poses, like standing with her arms straight at her sides and her mouth wide open. 

Jumping was more of an issue, though. She wasn’t really a jumper. There was only one thing to do: she had to cause a distraction. 

Chryssa seized on Ji-Hoon’s suggestion for all three of them to be in the photos. “Why, that’s a brilliant idea! We should set a timer. I can probably do it on my camera if yours doesn’t have that function.” She picked her way back across the frosty grasses to Zac, examining the camera. “Oh yes, I can set it now! Places, everyone!”

She started the camera recording on the video function. 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 10:28:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

New Year New Ki
Route 120 | Mission

THEME

With Chryssa's help, Zac got some great photos of Ki. All the guys are gonna go wild for this. He looks so saveable up in that tree! Devin really is a genius, thought Zac. Just as he was congratulating himself, the bottom dropped out of his stomach. Oh no! I forgot rules 2 and 5!  
    Zac pulled the crumpled paper out of his pocket. 
2. Line up

5. Be in the photo

He smacked his forhead with his palm. "Of course! We all have to be in a line in the photo.!"
    Just as Zac was having his realization as to the deep secrets of photography, Ki and Chryssa started shouting out to him. "Join you in the photo? Yeah of course! Chryssa, you set that timer and then stand in front of me. It's important that we all get in a line, because, uhhh, that way the viewer's eye will be drawn to Ki like an arrow."
    Zac tromped over to the tree as Chryssa sorted the camera. "I'll climb up into the tree and bit, to really emphasise the line of sight," Zac offered, making a rocket shape motion with his hands. He grabbed a handhold in the ragged bark and started to climb towards Ki.
    He reached the lowest of the branches and pulled himself up. As he did, he grabbed some of the other branches for support, shaking them unintentionally as he got his balance. 
    A furious buzzing burst from the nearby branches as Zac's shaking disturbed a nest of Beedrill! "Oh no!" Zac shouted, as the bees began to swarm up towards Ki.
    "
Beedrill can outrun even a fleeing Liepard, and have no natural predators!" Zac said helpfully.
    "They also don't feel pain or mercy, and have been known to attack inanimate objects out of pure spite! Just stinging and stinging until their natural venom dissolves their foe!...So look out!"

2. Line up

5. Bee in the photo

NOTES:
TAG:  

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,574 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 2:45:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Chryssa... tell my family I love them. Also, blow up Zac for me." For a man who had Too Many Beedrill about to stab his sad, stabbable body, Chu-e was much calmer than one would expect. Reaching into his pocket, he dropped a pokeball from his perch. A moment later, right as the bees stabbed right into dead air. Because Chu-e had let go of the tree, leaning back and letting himself fall to the ground, arms out, eyes closed, letting whatever deity out there have him. It was haunting and beautiful, at least how he imagined it in his mind.

Right before he slammed into the ground, that pokeball he dropped popped open and an Incineroar caught him in his arms, doing a twirl as if it was some fancy dance and not saving his Trainer for a broken neck. When Chu-e was placed back on his feet, they both even did a Samba pose. It was too perfect to have not bee practiced. It was really fucking weird that Chu-e had practiced this.

"Zac, did you know that it's a myth that Tauros hate the color red? But Beedrill do hate the color red, since it reminds them of their natural enemies, Scizor! Good luck up there!" Now it was his turn to grin. "Hey Chryssa, did you bring in any bandages?"
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
New Year New Ki [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 8:08:26 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

“Bra-va,” Chryssa said admiringly, ignoring Zac’s new plight as the Beedrill swarmed back down the tree. An alarmed Drifblim drifted past him and she saw the big man take a flying leap into the air and catch onto the ghost’s hands, swinging in the air. He was shouting some obscure fun fact as Beagan carried him away.

“Do you think he can outrace them?”
Chryssa asked, shading her eyes. The slowly-rising Drifblim hardly seemed like a match for the giant killer wasps drawn to Zac’s signature red mane, but what did she know? Maybe Drifblim had some natural defense mechanism against airborne assailants.

There was a distant pop as one of the bees stabbed a Twineedle into the balloon. Up above, the Drifblim exploded in a cloud of squealing black souls that boiled in every direction like smoke. “Oops. I forgot about Aftermath,” Chryssa said, shaking her head. “That should take care of the Beedrill, though!”

Blackened wasps fell to the ground in a rain, followed by drifting scraps of purple ghost that began to inch along and cobble themselves back together. Anxious to end the video before the big reveal of whether Zac had survived or not, Chryssa pressed the button on the camera and gave Ji-hoo a thumbs-up. 

“And cut! That’s a wrap, people.”