2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
playing cupid's advocate [sc]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 9:00:07 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"So," Chu-e had a spread of various confections in front of him. Cookies, tarts, brownies, cupcakes, and other various finger foods. All stacked neatly on a tiered tea tray. Delicate porcelain cups of, well, tea at three spots. His Glameow themed teapot glared at his two guests. "The photo shoot went surprisingly well."

Chu-e had invited these two back to his house. It was not a smart choice. He was sure that knowing where he slept was a death sentence. would be liable to burn the place down. Yet, here they all were.

The pictures, miraculously, had turned out wonderful. He looked like a model. You couldn't even see the bags under his eyes. What kind of black magic were they playing with here? This was not natural.

His favorite picture, a still from the video, had been printed out and hung on the wall. It was Zac, a blur of red as he was in the process of crashing to the ground. Chu-e had framed it. How had he managed to do this so fast? It was best to not ask too many questions.

"But I have another problem." His phone was on the table, the Skitty themed case winking at the three of them. In evil. "I have no idea what to say in my profile."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 11:53:15 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Thread name
Location | thread type

THEME

Zac sipped tea from the unburnt side of his mouth as he rifled through the pictures. Ki was right, there were a ton of good ones. "This'll bring the guys runnin' like spawnin' Tentacruel!" he said, and he passed the photo over to Ki. The picture captured the look of frail, chilly isolation well, but somehow managed to also exude a clear aura of 'part-time model'. Chryssa's hat was in it too. Zac frowned. I thought I told her to take that off. He quickly snatched back the hat-ful photo and replaced it with one in which both her hands and one of her eyes were visible instead. 
    Unsurprisingly, Devin's tips had been an absolute success, and once Zac bought a new, more fall-proof phone, he would definitely call to thank him.
    "What's that?" Zac asked, moving closer to Ki. He rubbed at his ear, trying to clear the tinitus. "Profile? Yeah I know a thing or two about how to write a killer bio," Zac said. He tried to wink, but winced instead. 
    This wasn't a baseless brag, as Zac had spent several months working for a Marine Adoption Centre in Lilycove, where he had written the adoption bios for all of the Pokemon at the shelter. 
    "First, we need to work on branding. We've done a bang-up job capturing that adoptable look with your pics, now we gotta focus that energy into an appropriate nickname." Zac thought for a moment, trying to find a name that summed up his friend.
    "What about...Tiny?"

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 3:40:19 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

She’d removed her shoes daintily at the door and was now standing barefoot on Chu-e’s table, stretching up on her tiptoes as she struggled with something high above her head.

“There we go!”
Chryssa exclaimed, finally sticking her Chimecho to the ceiling fan with a loud squelch. The little Pokemon hung there lazily, twisting and turning with its flat tail flapping. “Heal Bell, Aileen. Yes, I thought the photo shoot went splendidly, myself!”

Ding ding ding ding!

“Ah, music to mine ears.”

Chryssa took a seat again as the Chimecho got to work healing whatever half of Zac had been exploded or crashed into the ground. “Ooh, we’re coming up with nicknames? How about...” There was a lot of cat imagery in Ji-Hoo’s house. “Whiskers,” she suggested. “Or Paw-paw (Papa).” 

Ding ding ding ding!

Isn’t he healed yet? Chryssa eyed Zac while trying to pour him another cup of tea and noticed something black wriggling on his head. “Oh, you still have a soul in your hair. I’ll get it—” 

She brushed it off and it fell with a squee right into the teapot, which gave a hiss as the sound cut off. Black steam began to rise from the liquid. Oops. She quickly closed the lid and handed it back to Chu-e. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 0:53:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"if you call me 'Tiny', I will make sure your good half feels worse than your bad one." There wasn't any bite to it, his eyes focused on how skillfully 's bare foot was dancing around one of the tea cakes he had artfully decorated to look like a Slugma. Just one wrong move... just one... and it would be squished between her toes. Chu-e wasn't sure if he would be more insulted his hard work would go to waste or amused she would have figy 'lava' on her foot. "Hmm... I kind of like Whiskers. I don't know if you know this..." He leaned in and whispered it like a secret. "but I really love cats."

All the cat imagery in his house seemed to glower at him. The pile of kitten pokemon on his couch, a Skitty, Meowth, and Purrloin, shifted in their sleep. Very funny, Chu-e.

"You know, my Gardevoir is literally a nurse. I can call him out if you need, ." As he said this, he picked up the teapot to top off his cup. The soul leaked out with a 'plop' into his cup. He ignored it and tossed in a a few sugar cubes to stir in, swirling the spirit around his spoon. The water was greasy and black, frowning up at them all. Chu-e looked it in it's eyes.

Then he tossed the drink back and chugged it like it was a shot of whiskey and not an evil spirit. His nose wrinkled and he looked green.... then he burped, loud, a black, frowning cloud dissipating in the air. "Excuse me."
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 15:05:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Thread name
Location | thread type

THEME

Zac thought about the new nickname. "Whiskers. Hmmm. it doesn't have the same ring as Tiny, if i'm being honest, but it sure does fit." Zac took another sip of his tea and took some small bites out of one of the ornate cupcakes. 
    "Chryssa, can you put that little ringer away?" Zac asked, pointing up at the swaying Chimecho. "I appreciate the thought but it's not helping me think having two sets of ringing in my ears."
    "You know, my Gardevoir is literally a nurse. I can call him out if you need, Zac Ramsay," Ki offered, but Zac waved him off. 
    "Oh this?" he asked, indicating his left side. "Nah it's fine. This is nothing. I've had worse on a night out with Devin and his gran! And besides, it does the body good to remember its other functions. Healing's like a metaphysical muscle. If you let it atrophy it will just be worse on you later." 
    Zac watched as Chu-e drank and then released the soul, which broke apart above the table with a dull moan. "Nice!" Zac said. "You should add that to your profile! Amateur exorcist. Doesn't hurt to bolster the love resume with a little creative backstory. What other skills do you-" he was interrupted by a loud noise from underneath the table, as if the sound of genuinely productive chatter had awoken some terrible beast. "Chryssa! Is that you under there?"

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 3:03:06 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

“The noise? Oh, it must be cats fighting,” Chryssa said over the screeching coming from underneath the table, popping the Slugma tea cake into her mouth that she’d somehow avoided stepping on. The yowling coming from directly beneath them was definitely cats fighting. “I thought Ji-Hoo might like to see my Meowstic. Come say hello, Senga!” 

The Meowstic appeared suddenly from beneath the tablecloth, yellow-eyed and wild. There was something clenched in its paw. “Oh, she’s got a match! I wonder what she’s going to do with it? Also, she doesn’t seem to get along with Ji-Hoo’s cats.” Which one had disappeared from the cuddle pile? They were all so mashed together she couldn’t tell.

“Ji-Hoo, when did you take this picture?” Chryssa asked, picking a strange one out of the pile. It didn’t look like any of the ones they could have taken today— he was even wearing different clothes. “Is that...” she trailed off, “No, it couldn’t be! But that would mean... wait, no, you don’t think...”

Getting tired of milking the dramatic tension waiting for someone to have an epiphany, Chryssa tried to time her conclusion with someone else, attempting to read lips and say the same thing at the same time. “He’s...”

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 3:57:54 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh, that's not a cat. That's my house keys." Sure enough, it was a Klefki hanging in the jaws of the feline. Script, the Klefki, seemed on the verge of tears but still held onto Chu-e's keys with everything left in him. Quickly, Chu-e returned him to his pokeball so he could be safe once more. "Please don't let your cat eat my kittens. They're just babies." They were just babies .

Picking up his phone, Chu-e types out a quick "amateur exorcist" to add to his profile. Absently he picked up one of the tea cakes. He hadn't had one yet other than the sample to make sure he hadn't used salt instead of sugar. Then his eyes were drawn to the picture in question. Starling, Chu-e raised up straight and crushed the cake in his hand. Red jam spilled on the floor. It was only not a waste because a Slurpuff ran over and licked it up excitedly. Just wait until he met that Meowstic.

"Is that me at the Petalburg Gym?!" Sure enough, it was from his 'gym challenge'... when he had dressed in drag. He made a cute woman, dressed up all false shy and demure in a Skitty themed outfit. He even had a 'nya' pose in the picture. Who had taken this? Chu-e hadn't. "!" He whined, quite whinely. "Who printed this out?"

Then he looked quite serious at the two of them.

"No one can know. Miss Kitten isn't ready for her stage debut yet!"
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 15:32:27 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Thread name
Location | thread type

THEME

"He's a Gemini!" Zac said, finishing Chryssa's lead in. She said something a little different, but Zac was too excited to notice. "Oh course! I completely forgot! I already have everything I need to write a winning profile right here!"
    Zac pulled out a slip of paper, on which were written a string of strange symbols. "I knew we'd need some professional help, so I stopped by Madam Absol's on the way here. She can do a remote fortune with only your star sign, blood type and thumb print!"
He unrolled the paper, which seemed to display the details of Ki's fate in columns. "...business dealings, lost items, travel, education, romance! Here we go." Zac cleared his throat and read.

"You will have Good Luck!
Your wish will be fulfilled if you take a nap. 
In terms of romance, the best option is to ask for advice from somebody close. 
A lucky item to carry around would be a long forgotten toy."

Zac frowned at the little piece of paper for a while before sighing. "Well that's not very helpful, is it. I probably should have read it beforehand." He went to scrunch up the paper, but stopped. There were numbers on the back, as well as a single, cryptic word. "Hey Chryssa what do you make of this?"

NOTES: Whisker? I hardly know 'er!
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 2:54:35 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa watched with brows slightly raised as her Meowstic struck the match on the table leg, then held the flame up towards the Klefki in her jaws. Oh that's very clever, taking advantage of the steel-type weakness, Chryssa thought. It seemed a little sadistic, but she always approved of extreme personalities.

Sadly, Ji-Hoo recalled the Pokemon before Senga could burn it with the match and Chryssa sat back with a sigh. "She'll be good," she said, pulling up another chair for the Meowstic to sit in. The cat hopped up and sat with the match still burning. Chryssa took it, blew it out, and replaced it with a teacake. 

...It was definitely Chryssa who'd gone out of her way to acquire, print out, and slip the rare picture of Miss Kitten into the rest of the pile. Since she knew Billi Marsh from the AdvenTour, she had the connections to get many cursed gym images. "Are you sure? It has so much personality," she pointed out, gesturing. "I think it really says a lot about you to potential dates."

Meanwhile, Chryssa tried to read Zac's lips and say "He's a vegetarian," at the same time Zac said gemini. She leaned forward along with the man to read the single word on the back of the fortune slip. It said one thing.

R U N

"That is strange," Chryssa said distantly, tilting her head. Even stranger, it was something she hadn't had a hand in. 

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 7:03:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I'm not a vegetarian by choice." Meat just hurt his stomach most of the time. Letting his Slurpuff lick his hand clean, Chu-e picked up the picture of "Miss Kitten" and shook it. "She's not ready! A queen never puts on her crown before she's ready!" Honestly, he didn't even know if he wanted to pursue a stage name. Maybe he would just help out when he had the spare time.

"Does that say... run?" He wondered what that could be about. Flipping over the paper, whatever words it had said before were gone. Replacing them was...

B E H I N D Y O U

"Huh." Chu-e flipped the paper over again, then once more, trying to figure out the trick. Unnoticed, a dark shadow loomed behind his back, slowly rising from the ground, massive and hunching over the man. A demonic growl echoed in the air....
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 9:51:09 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Playing Cupid's Advocate
Ki's House | Social

THEME

The shadowy figure rose behind Ki. Not slowly, but in a burst of motion. It leapt over his head and landed on the table. Four, black-clawed feet spilled tea and knocked over sweets, and the creature stood surefooted in the wreckage. The Pokemon's body was wrapped in sweeping folds of alabaster fur, and a scything, obsidian horn rose from its head.
"The cakes!"
Zac shouted. 
    The creature had come as an omen of disaster, for what could be more disastrous than online dating
Zac composed himself and spoke loudly to the Pokemon. "We need your help Absol! Ki here is trying to find love, can you give him a vision of his future or something?"
    The creature locked eyes with Ki. It's pupils were red, like heart's blood. It gazed deep into him, and silently tipped its head, offering its horn for him to grasp.

The slip of paper had fallen to the floor in the clatter, and unseen to the trio of romantics had flipped over again. The previous text had been replaced by a new pair of words: 

T O O   L A T E

NOTES: TOUCH! THE! HORN!
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 14:14:07 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa immediately reached over and pretended to touch the Absol's horn before Chu-e. It had been startling when the oracle of disaster had leapt onto the table like a poorly-behaved cat, but it looked like Zac was familiar with this one. Besides, they'd had warning in advance.

"I see it," Chryssa said, closing her eyes and pretending to concentrate. "Ji-Hoo... dark... nightclub..." Her brow furrowed. "Men's... bathroom..." Her eyes shot open and she pretended to be violently electrocuted. "Two pe--"

She accidentally touched the horn for real during her dramatic shuddering and an actual vision swept over her. A dark void, infinitely cold and vast. Something burned in the corner of her eye-- a meteorite, falling just past the edge of the atmosphere and lit brilliantly aflame by the velocity. She could see--

"It's not working for me. You try, Ji-Hoo," she said, pulling her hand away from the horn. "Just as a warning, the special effects are terrible." She sighed, annoyed by the boring vision but equally grateful she hadn't witnessed something genuinely traumatic like her own death.

Then again, if she'd hung on longer, maybe she would have.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 16:17:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Ew, false prophet. I would never." Chu-e stuck out his tongue at the before he flicked his eyes up and down the Absol. One of these might be cool to get later. They were kind of like cats. Falling for the peer pressure, Chu-e reached up to take the horn....

"Wait, is this one of your pokemon? I don't have an Absol?" He pulled his hand back slightly as he said it, glancing between and Chryssa.

Then he just grabbed the horn like it was nothing.

Chu-e gasped. Started to shake, sweat, and even shimmy. His breath shorted, and only after a few tense moments of silence, tears leaking from his eyes, did his hand seem to fall away from the horn.

He stood up with enough force to knock his chair backwards, determination in his eyes.

"I can't let wear that dress with those shoes! I have to warn him!" And then he ran off, into the kitchen. A moment later, he ran out again carrying, of all things, a knife, before running out the door, leaving it wide open and the two still in his home.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 17:17:50 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Playing Cupid's Advocate
Ki's House | Social

THEME

Zac watched Ki run out of the house, knife in hand. A few moments later he stood up suddenly, knocking over his chair. "Oh shit! We never finished the dating profile!"
He hurried over the Ki's abandoned computer. "Okay, it's fine, I'm sure we can finish up here without him."
Zac clicked vaguely at the page, trying to fill in the missing fields. "Why is he using a fake name? Chu-e? Like...like bubblegum?" Zac said, laughing at Ki's wild sense of humor. "Ah damn. Bubblegum would have been a great nickname."
Zac scrolled down, reading the rest of Ki's profile and wondering if he should call Billi to let him know Ki was on his way. No, best not to ruin the surprise.
"Hey Chryssa?" Zac called, seeing something unusual on Ki's page, "What's a twink?"

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 1:41:58 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"He really shouldn't have left us here alone," Chryssa noted, looking around at all the things she could potentially break. Memorabilia. Cat food dishes. Framed photographs of Zac. She supposed the big man probably wouldn't stand by while she engaged in wanton property destruction, however, so she lost interest. It wasn't any fun to mess with Ji-Hoo when he wasn't even there, anyway.

Eager to hack into the skinny man's computer and steal his identity instead, Chryssa brightened and leaned over Zac's shoulder as he perused their subject's dating profile. "Wow! He's actually got a pretty good start going," she said, eyes flickering across the text. They narrowed a little. "Very... detailed, surprisingly! I wonder if he'll get any likes."

Innocently, behind Zac's back, Chryssa passed her cell phone to her Meowstic, who immediately began texting away, her furred head bent over the screen. A moment later, a SUPER LIKE notification popped up on the computer, blocking Zac from reading any more personal details. With any luck, Ji-Hoo would get the notification on his phone too.

1 NEW MESSAGE
purrhUnky greetings cute scrap of human
purrhUnky
 date me r else

Ji-Hoo liked cats, right?

She hoped he liked catphishing.