murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
THE HANDYMAN HUSTLE [group mission, open]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 8:54:18 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

MICHIKO MAEDA looked out at all the people gathered outside her front door. Some had parked in her neighbor’s driveway and were still getting out of their cars. Some had ridden flying Pokemon, currently pecking around the courtyard for Wurmple—and some had simply walked, following GPS directions through meandering side-streets to the traditional-style home on the outskirts of Petalburg City.

All of them had answered the call. All of them had come, bearing know-how, muscles, or even just their good intentions, to help her.

Michi was overjoyed.

“Thank you for coming!” she cried, covering her mouth with her hands as she held the front door open and invited the cleanup crew inside, helping them remove their shoes and ferreting them away into a wall of neat little cubbies. “Oh, I hope there are enough people! There are many things to do!” People were still showing up, so she hoped more would be arriving later!

Opening a sliding door, Michi beckoned her guests into THE FOYER, explaining what needed to be taken care of in the hallway.

FOYER/HALLWAY TASKS
Hole In The Wall: (2 posts) While helping Michi carry groceries inside one day, Machamp accidentally punched a hole in the drywall here. Find a way to hide/disguise or repair the hole.

Fall Forward, Spring Back: (2 posts) The clocks are placed very high up, and Michi can’t reach! Please find a ladder or another way to adjust the time by one hour for all the clocks in this area.

Plumbing Skills: (1 post) Michi was washing her hands in the small lavatory at the end of the hall when she dropped one of her wedding rings down the drain! Please extract the ring and return it to its owner.

NEARBY ROOMS
A STAIRWAY leads to the second story to your left. Ahead to the right, you can hear the sound of a TV playing in the LIVING ROOM. 

You may move
to any of these rooms OR
any other named place on the HOUSE MAP. You may try to complete any task that has been defined in any area of the house. When you move to a new area, PLEASE INDICATE which room you’re moving to and tag  so she can explain the new tasks in that location.

Please feel free to take creative liberty with your posts regarding anything in the house, though bear in mind I have to live with any unusual headcanons you establish. 

Absolutely anyone (you don’t have to be a hunky handyman) can jump in or drop out at ANY TIME before January 30, when this mission ends. If at any time you complete the necessary five posts, you will be eligible for BB mission rewards (including lucky letters)! 

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 13:26:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Naturally, the councilman winds up here by accident.

Alakazam can only teleport him so far in a single trip, and he's resting under the shade of a Petalburg tree when he notices the crowd gathering nearby. He thinks it must be some sort of party, or perhaps the woman that exits the house is some sort of celebrity. That's not what catches his eye. It's the muscles. Were it not for the redness in his cheeks, Orion would blame the heat in them on the Hoennian sun.

His staring must be mistaken for intent on participation, for the next thing Orion knows he's being swept up in the group that files into the woman's home.

Woah, this place is really nice...

His attention snaps to Michiko as she explains the various things that needed doing, and his sympathy for this woman's need to rely upon strangers makes him stick around. He frowns thoughtfully at the mention of the ring; he's no good with plumbing, however...

"Del, do you think you could help?"

An Espeon chirps at the councilman's feet, winding around his legs with a twitch of her forked tail before leaping onto the bathroom counter. The red gem set in her forehead pulses with light as she stares down into the drain like it's an ice-fishing hole, balancing over the sink's rim with dainty paws. After some time, Orion hears the soft rattle of the ring against the piping as Delphi's psychic power extracts it from the drain. It's placed carefully in the palm of her trainer's hand, where he ferries it to Michiko.

"Is the ring you'd lost, ma'am?"

TASK: 'PLUMBING SKILLS'
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 14:44:55 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

the handyman hustle
foyer | mission

THEME

Zac arrived, panting, at Michi's door. "I'm here!" he gasped, pressing through the crowd of helpers and into the hallway where Michi was directing traffic. "A little birdy told me that you needed some help," Zac said, holding up the HELP WANTED poster that he had found stuck to the beak of a passing Pelliper. "What is there left to do?"
    Michi explained that the clocks needed to be adjusted one hour forward, and Zac nodded solemnly. "There is nothing more important to me than you having accurate timekeeping," he said, with full sincerity. Zac looked up at the vast array of comemorative clocks on the walls of Michi's foyer. There were clocks in the shape of Lotad lily-pads, eye-sliding Hoothoots, a vague pink circle that was definitely a Jigglypuff from above, and even an Azumarill clock with an inflatable blue pendulum tail.
    "Huh. No wonder she's always on time," Zac said. The wall of clocks extended all the way to the ceiling, so Zac called in some air support. He sent out Dr. Eepy, who could fly, and was also good with science and the like.
    "Okay doctor, Michi needs some help with her clocks."
    <Dreeeeee>
    "Yes that Michi! How many Michis do you know?"
    <DREE! Dree dree>
    "Well no reason to get snippy. Can you help with the clocks or not?" Zac asked, and Dr. Eepy eyed his pockets. Zac grumbled and slipped the Pokemon a Payday bar. "There. That cover it?"
    <Dreeeeeeeee> cried the little dragon, as its ghostly form consumed the bar. It proceeded to bob slowly up to the nearest clock and nudge the minute hand around the face. "Put your neck into it buddy!" Zac shouted, encouragingly.
    Some of the other helpers pitched in, and fifteen minutes later, (or maybe seventy-five, it was hard to tell) all the clocks were set and Zac ran back to Michi, Dr. Eepy resting in his pocket and muching on another candy bar.
    "Okay Michi, all sorted! What do you need doing out at the KOI POND?"

NOTES: Moving to Koi Pond
TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 15:36:11 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Michi gasped, her hands flying up to her face as offered her back her lost ring. “Yes, that’s it! I am so happy!” Turning it over in her hands, she slid it back onto her finger, where it sat nestled up with last year’s vow renewal wedding ring and the previous year’s ring and so on. This one had been missing from the rotation so long she’d almost given up on it!  “Oh, thank you so much!”

Shortly afterwards, her friend came running up behind her. “Eek! Oh, hello Zac!” she said, surprised to see him here. She hadn’t wanted to invite him for fear of imposing. At the moment, she was so frazzled having so many people over at once that it was nice to see a familiar face! “Koi Pond! Of course... yes. Follow me!” 

She led the way through the house and across the deck before stopping at the wide, curving pond. “Feebas are here,” she said, not seeming very enthused. “To everyone, will you please say to be careful? They are...” She struggled for a word. “Hmm. Sensitive.” 

KOI POND TASKS
Pond Skimming: (2 posts) A layer of scum and algae has grown over the koi pond, where a variety of native Feebas live. A hand-painted sign by the pond clearly reads “PLEASE DO NOT COMPLIMENT THE FEEBAS.” Skim the pond, and be careful what you say!

Magikarp Jump: (1 post) A Magikarp was blown into the pond after a recent rainstorm and Michi hasn’t been able to fish it out. Please retrieve Magikarp before it accidentally raises the Feebas’ self-esteem. 

NEARBY AREAS
The Koi Pond is located within a surprisingly large GARDEN filled with overgrown pine trees and blooming camellia bushes. You think you can hear something large distantly snoring somewhere outside. Should you want to return indoors, you can cross back from the DECK. 

COMPLETE/AVAILABLE TASKS

FOYER/HALLWAY
██ Hole in the Wall (0/2)
██ Fall Forward, Spring Back (2/2) complete! 

██ Plumbing Skills (1/1) complete!

KOI POND
██ Pond Skimming (2/2) complete! 
██ Magikarp Jump (1/1) complete!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 17:45:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, now Alexei wasn’t sure if he was in the ‘wrong place at the wrong time’ but holy hell one of the houses in the little city of Petalburg had a lot of attention swarming around it. Cleaning crews, people milling about bringing drinks in and—

“Whoa, I uh—” he exclaimed, getting swept up by the other cleaning crew. Was it his fault he had dressed down today? Maybe only slightly.

Eventually he found himself in the hallway leading to… holy shit.

People were literally swarming in and out of the house; some taking out sacks of garbage, others running in with toolboxes and other things. Did the place need that much of a deep clean?

As he tried to look for the kitchen, he saw that there were some clocks high up on shelves that didn’t look right…

“What,” he remarked as he reached for them and double-checked the time on his watch, before moving them all one hour forward. A strange thing, time.

Once he had finished up winding all the remaining clocks in the hallway, he then tried to find his way towards the kitchen. Because that was where his true expertise lay.

Fixed the clocks one hour forward

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 20:18:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
petalburg city

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Odd jobs were Avery's absolute favourite jobs, and so she had jumped up at the prospect of helping someone else clean their house. Because she just loved cleaning so much that she found she never got bored of it! Her daycare was always crazy disorganized and in disarray, and she honestly hadn't even gotten around to fixing it up! What better way than to procrastinate doing that by helping out a stranger clean up her house?[break][break]

She thought it was a pretty good idea, too.[break][break]

The young woman hops off the bus just up the street, and she hurries to catch up. Fortunately, the house is impossible to miss as a result of all of the cars parked nearby and the men coming in and out. It doesn't even occur to her that she is the only woman among them, but she does notice how positively tiny she is in comparison![break][break]

It takes her a moment to break past the people crowded in the foyer, and she witnesses Michiko's instruction for the main hall and foyer, but her shyness gets in the way of her actually helping. That, and she notices that the easy jobs she could have managed were snapped up, the hole in the wall wasn't something she was confident in fixing, and the clocks on the walls were far too tall for her, too![break][break]

But a familiar face in the crowd that she connected as the young man she had gone on a private tour with spoke up about a koi pond. Avery gasps, hopping up to the plate to take advantage of such a task. She pops up behind Zac and moves to introduce herself quickly.[break][break]

"Hello! My name is Avery, I'd love to help you with the koi pond!"[break][break]

She follows Michi and Zac out to the pond, but is honestly confused and embarrassed when she mentions the Feebas are sensitive. She spies the sign out front warning not to compliment them. [break][break]

"Oh dear... but.. but they're so cu--"[break][break]

Avery covers her mouth, eyes wide with panic as she turns to look back at Michiko. [break][break]

"I will do my best to not compliment them! I promise!"[break][break]

She looks positively red in the face, as if she's holding her breath. Even so, the young woman grabs one of the pond skimmers and makes her way over to start clearing the surface of the stinky pond scum. Slowly but surely, it starts to look positively beautiful.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/qmMPGtH/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 2:41:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

the handyman hustle
koi Pond | mission

MUSIC

Zac's head snapped to the side as covered her mouth. "Careful! One piece of positive reinforcement and these beau-....bonic little bastards will transform into hideous, flopping, Milotic," Zac managed. His teeth were grit and he he frowning openly, as his need to help Michi warred with his innate instinct to compliment these gorg- NO!
    The Feebas floated in the dirty pond like bug-eyed, finned turds in a scummy toilet bowl. Their mouths opened and closed moistly, and if Zac had to guess it had been months since they had brushed their teeth. These were some seriously ugly fish. 
    "I don't like them, and they are bad," Zac said, as he sent out Mudkip. Next to the orange-cheeked critter the useless and uneducated Feebas looked somehow even stupider. <Kip!> said the wide-mouthed amphibian. "Help clean up the pond, yeah?" Zac said. Mudkip let out a squeak of excitement and dove into the pond, padding around excitedly as it chomped up the algae that had collected on the surface. 
    Zac turned away, lest he see how good of a job his adorable little Mudkip was doing and let out a stray word of praise. If he lost focus for even a second he might accidentally aim that praise at one of those fan-...tailed scum-suckers without even thinking about it! He might even start thinking about how hardy they were. Despite their drab outward appearance, the inner workings of such a resilient fish were really quite- "Garbage!" Zac shouted. "They're bad and smell horrid and I don't want to be around them any longer!" Zac left Mudkip and fled to the GARDEN, tears in his eyes.

NOTES: Moving to Garden
TAG:  

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 6:06:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
petalburg city

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery is a blushing, teary-eyed mess as Zac scolds her. Though she knows it isn't really a scolding, she can't help but feel awful about it. She had almost ruined everything, all with one slip of the tongue. [break][break]

By now the woman is almost red in the face, and her expression is pained as she does her best to avoid looking at the.. the.. not-adorable totally not adorable Feebas swimming toward her. Oh gosh, their eyes are so pleading, so desperate for affection, for just a small smile.[break][break]

No.[break][break]

Avery gasps, taking a deep breath as the final piece of algae off the top is removed thanks to Zac's expert help and longer arms. She bends over, hands on her knees, gulping in air. But when she gets back on her feet, she can see that there is a red fish in amongst the muddy brown ones. The woman taps on Zac's arm, gesturing to the little Magikarp.[break][break]

"Wait, Zac!"[break][break]

But he's already sprinting away from her and toward the garden, and she is left to tackle and attempt to retrieve the Magikarp herself.[break][break]

And she does so by leaning against the edge of the pond, flat on her belly with her hand extended, waiting for the Magikarp to nibble at her fingers..[break][break]

[break]

notes: catching magikarp attempt being made!

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/qmMPGtH/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 17:08:13 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Trusting that her helpers were smart and capable enough to avoid setting off the volatile Feebas, Michi hurried indoors to intercept   at the entrance to the kitchen. "Oh, you finished changing all my commemorative clocks?" she asked, grateful to him and Zac for the help. "Thank you! Collecting clocks is my hobby!"

There were several crates of fresh vegetables sitting on the kitchen table, including one full crate of onions. "Ah. My friend Jun-jun, he is so kind... he brought all this from his farm." She didn't say it, but her face was distinctly unhappy as she looked at the plethora of food. It was far too much for a single person, and despite appearances, she wasn't really the 'cooking' type. "Maybe, you can help me...?"

While showing Alexei around the kitchen, Michi heard a snoring, grumbling sound from outside and had to run out of the room again, scurrying past where had just successfully fished out the rogue Magikarp. "Oh NO! Not you again! SHOO!" she cried, heated, as she passed  . The red-haired man was headed right for her garden shed, on top of which was a huge, sleeping Salamence. The metal roof groaned and shuddered under its weight. "Nooooo!"

She battered at it frantically with an old broom, but the dragon Pokemon ignored her even when she whacked it on the head. 
"Always I put up so many ice-type decoys! What is the point?" she cried, exasperated. The faded, Vanillite-shaped decoys swayed in the wind, ice-cream-cone heads bobbling. Michi gave up, panting, and passed the broom to one of her volunteers. "Do your best, please..."

KITCHEN TASKS
Meal Prep: (1 post) Michi is a working woman, so please help her put together some small, easy meals to eat in the mornings/evenings after she gets back from the hotel. Try to use up her extra produce!

Tupperware Tidal Wave: (1 post) Open the cabinet marked "Do Not Open" to find Michi's stash of plastic containers. They all need to be thrown away when she's not looking. She is a tupperware hoarder and she has a problem. Please get rid of them discreetly.

Feed The Dog: (1 post) If you're in the kitchen for any amount of time, Electrike (whose collar reads 'Thor') will come to bother you for handouts. Find his kibble and fill up his dog bowl if you want him gone.

Improvise: (1 post) Michi gives you her famous nikujaga recipe to follow, but you can't find several core ingredients. Make do with what you can find in the kitchen / around the house. It'll probably be fine...

GARDEN TASKS
Eviction Notice: (3 posts) A pesky Salamence periodically nests on top of Michi's garden shed. He has grown resistant to being hit by a broom, so you'll have to find another way to drive the snoozing giant off.

An Apple A Day: (1 post) While greedy wild Lunatone have mostly picked her fruit trees clean of persimmons, there are still a few winter-bearing apple trees with fruit. Pick a basket full and she'll make pie! 

Tree Trimmers: (2 posts) The beautiful black pine trees fringing Michi's property are long-due for a trim-- help sculpt these beauties back into a bonsai-like shape so they don't block out all her light.

COMPLETE/AVAILABLE TASKS

FOYER/HALLWAY
██ Hole in the Wall (0/2)
██ Fall Forward, Spring Back (2/2)    
██ Plumbing Skills (1/1) 

KITCHEN
██ Meal Prep (1/1)  
██ Tupperware Tidal Wave (0/1)
██ Feed The Dog (1/1)
██ Improvise (0/1)

KOI POND
██ Pond Skimming (2/2)  
██ Magikarp Jump (1/1)  

GARDEN
███ Eviction Notice (3/3)
██  An Apple a Day (1/1)
█ Tree Trimmers (1/2)

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 20:40:12 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
the handyman hustle

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

it could have been that his presence is pretty much unnoticeable, but valerio could not just back out when clearly something interesting is going on inside mrs. 's residence.[break][break]

he finally decides to speak up, pulling the lady of the house's attention to him from the other guests.[break][break]

“you know i just came here for the dragon,” his smile is a little bit shy as he tries to explain his predicament, hands casually ruffling through his hair while the other leans on his charizard's shoulder. “although, yes i can try to help in other things. but considering this is my area of expertise...”[break][break]

he retrieves a piece of fowl meat from his satchel and begins waving it into the dragon's nose. it immediately catches its attention before throwing it to hoon who then flies and teases the pesky dragon.[break][break]

“they love bird meat and they love to fly. although, considering its size it could have been to heavy to remain on air so we need to give it a little motivation.”[break][break]

there is a smug look on his face but he figures the landlady would still be worried about it since it could just easily return once it steals the food from valerio's charizard.[break][break]

“but yeah, of course it will return here unless we do something. have you ever considered installing a misty incense? it smells like fairy dusts which dragons absolutely hate.”[break][break]

ooc: swept under the rug (bb) mission; garden tasks - eviction notice

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#7038f8!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 2:33:11 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

the handyman hustle
koi Pond | mission

MUSIC

Wiping his eyes, Zac made for the garden shed. Anything to get away from those wonderful, unappreciated Feebas. There was a man up ahead who was...feeding his Charizard? No. He was trying to lure away a Salamance that was nesting on Michi's shed! The metal frame of the shack was noticeably bowed by the dragon's weight. Food wasn't the way to go though. If anything, it would just encourage the dragon to return for more free food. The other trainer seemed to realise the same thing, and started looking for other options.   
    "Have you ever considered installing a misty incense?" suggested to Michi. "It smells like fairy dusts which dragons absolutely hate.”
    Eager to help, Zac sent out his Galarian Weezing. "These two should be able to smoke him out, right guys?" The black-rubber-skinned twins groaned in agreement and belched out a shared cloud of shimmering pink mist. The STRANGE STEAM filled the shed and seeped through the roof, tickling the Salamance, who roared in annoyance. "Time to move on and make a proper nest!" Zac said. "You can do better, buddy!"
The Salamance glared down at the eviction crew, lazily flapping its wings to disperse some of the smoke. 

NOTES: Eviction Notice

TAG:  

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 2:43:55 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Too many people.

There's not that many, all told, but certain attendants () have bold enough personalities that Orion finds himself feeling quickly overwhelmed. Anxiety claws its way up his chest and jams his throat, and he decides to step out into the GARDEN to get some air.

It's not much calmer out here, thanks to the huge Salamence dominating the shed, but he can breathe better in the fresh air and stands under the shade of an APPLE TREE as he pulls himself together. Hadn't Miss Maeda said something about apples? He'd missed part of it thanks to the screaming of his internal monologue, but there was an empty apple basket beneath the tree that seemed to back up what he could remember.

I hope there are no Applin hiding in the fruit, I'd hate to disturb them...

He's careful to check each apple he plucks from the tree for potential inhabitants, and has to dislodge at least one greedy Wurmple from a branch before it can reach the fresh fruit. There were a few overripe apples that had fallen to the ground, and he sets the little worm down next to them in the hopes of encouraging it to eat the fruit that couldn't be saved.

Once a sufficient amount of apples are weighing down the basket he's looped his arm through, Orion covers it with a cloth to keep out the bug-types and sets it down on the nearest available surface.

TASK: 'AN APPLE A DAY'
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 4:36:01 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Hendrix had only just stepped into the kitchen when he’s suddenly pounced on by a green dog. Electricity seems to shimmer off its body as it wags its small tail. Sitting in front of him, the dog stares at him with its beady eyes in a quiet plea for food.

”Shoo, I’m trying to prep some food.” he chides, but his words only aggravate the dog as it shuffles its feet quickly to begin tugging at his pants with its sharp teeth.

The redheaded engineer lets out a loud yelp as he tries to shake his leg free. ”What are yo- Let go!” but his demands do little to get him out from his sticky situation. Defeated he finally relents, slowly moving to the kitchen pantry with the dog in tow.

Tugging open the door, he frantically looks around for the dog’s kibble – his eyes momentarily shining as he finds what he needs. Reaching out, he pulls out the dog food, showing it off to Thor. ”You want some of this? Then let me go!”

The Electrike finally relents, giving Hendrix the opportunity to fill its bowl before properly putting the dog food back in the pantry.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 6:00:28 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
the handyman hustle

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

hoon returns emptyhanded as he follows the salamence happily munching on his fowl treat. it is the other redhead's turn to impress . 's gentlemen weezing obviously need support for letting out stream is not enough to drive away the pesky dragon.[break][break]

“let me help.”[break][break]

the charizard counters the salamence flap of wings with his own, creating a hurricane through the stream in hopes of trapping the dragon inside the fairy turbulence. the smell, while invigorating and satisfying for the rest, is a bane in the dragon's existence.[break][break]

it decides to fly away, the bird meat still nestled in its mouth, dragon tears seemingly falling off from its eyes probably from suffocation or by the fact that he's being displaced by a rude eviction crowd from the place it treats home.[break][break]

“that should be fine. but as a i said, it could just turn back so you really need a mist incense with a strong odor. i'll recommend you some!”[break][break]

ooc: swept under the rug (bb) mission; garden tasks - eviction notice

[attr="class","runruntag"]# #

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#7038f8!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2021 6:16:28 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Orion lingers in the garden once the apple-picking is done, watching and handle the grouchy dragon. Though he had skill in dealing with Pokemon thanks to the Rangers, he didn't want to intrude upon how they were handling the situation. He watches from a distance, the Salamence's wings disturbing the branches of nearby pine trees.

Trees!

He visibly starts as he recalls another one of the tasks that had been rattled off. TREE TRIMMING; he could do that! He had to trim the berry trees all the time! It was more for function than beauty, but he knew his way around a pair of garden shears and how to avoid damaging the plant in the process.

It takes him a minute to find the garden shears; it's clear from the state of the trees that they haven't seen use in a while, and he's forced to awkwardly approach the garden shed and its dragon denizen. Salamence snorts as Orion draws close, its hot breath tickling his face. It smells of rancid meat, and he has to hold back the desire to retch.

Covering his mouth, just in case, he asks, "Scuse me, could someone pass me the shears?"

He gestures vaguely to where they lay on the floor of the open shed.

Once he's got the shears in hand, he backs eagerly away from Salamence and crew to address the issue of the unruly pines. He takes his time, backing up against the windows to get an accurate picture of what an occupant of the house might have trouble seeing before selecting which branches to prune.

His Espeon is at his side, using her psychic ability to gather the discarded branches and store them out of the way. When the pile's grown large enough, Orion bundles it and ties it off with a length of twine that had also been retrieved from the shed.

"All right, half done, but I need a break. It's hot out here!"

He retreats to the shade of the apple tree and sits beneath it, Espeon curling in his lap.

TASK: 'TREE TRIMMERS' 1/2