Zac Ramsay
THE HANDYMAN HUSTLE [group mission, open]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 1:59:28 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Thread name
Location | thread type

MUSIC

Zac was delighted to take a respite from losing money to eat some pie. "Be right back!" he told the dragon, who whispered something after him in Kantonese. A warning? A curse? Whatever it was would have to wait.
    In the kitchen Michi had set out two pies, each already cut into pieces. They both looked delicious. Flaky, golden crust, and the unmistakable scent of baked apples. "Oh yeah, my mouth is already watering!" Zac said, as he grabbed a plate and put a slice of the nearest pie onto it. 
    Unbeknown to him, this pie had been baked by , and Zac's first bite would prove to be his last.
    CRACK
Zac froze. There was something wrong with his mouth. He could taste apple, sure, but the texture was...gravelly. He took another misguided bite. 
    CRONCH
Zac excused himself, and returned fifteen minutes later, his gums no longer bleeding. His pie still sat on the table. Nobody had eaten it? Probably for the best. Zac subtly grabbed the plate and made his way to the bin.
    Thor scurried out from under the table, summoned by the smell of leftovers. He followed Zac around the kitchen, weaving between his legs and begging for pie with his adorable whining. 
"Okay. Fine. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone, okay?"
Zac lead Thor outside and scraped the pie onto the ground. "Be careful, okay? I think that's Ki's pie."
    The Electrike took a step back, weighing his hunger. 
Zac headed back into the kitchen to try the other pie. He needed something to get the taste of blood and gravel out of his mouth. 

NOTES:  Puppy Dog Eyes 1/1
TAG:  

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 6:58:34 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Shuffling in and out of the kitchen, he finally makes his way back into the dining room where there’s pie. His eye briefly glimmers brightly at the sight of the Applin ”Don’t mind if I do…” he says with wiggling fingers.

Yet, as he makes his way closer, he can see the table wobble and hear the dining utensils and plates rattle. He frowns at the thought of having to deal with this on a daily basis and sits down beneath the table.

Looking around, he’s thankful that no one aside from has gone by to grab a slice of pie; though he didn’t actually stick around to eat.

Taking small measurements of the gap, he whips out a small knife and begins hacking away at the other three legs, carefully sawing it until all legs are on even ground.

@open
wobbly legs 1/1

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 11:32:06 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“I can't believe this. You have to let me try again!”

This time, Valerio is not showing any mercy. Who cares if this is an old lady? As far as Valerio is concerned, no one has beat him in a game of Pai Sho back in Kanto, so why does this woman can? What is her strategy? What is her secret?

“You can't be over-analytical at such a short time, could you? What, is this just based on experience alone?”

Someone should tell that he should focus on the game more than the conversation because he is on a losing streak.

TASK: CHALLENGE THE DRAGON - 4/5

#
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,209 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 12:36:57 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

"Dragon, I've returned!"

The words thundered across the living room as a man stood dramatically by the door, the coat hanging off his shoulders flapping dramatically as a nearby wall fan's winds hit it just right.

As yet another challenger fell to the grandma's cunning fortune, the great dragon raised a stony, serious gaze towards the blonde man, muttering serious sounding words.

"Wheh... zo yeuck gnidd dis faxang bel axanethol ke, dis who? Pe ug slurupp foriovo ug caxan traxaupp zis wraxagen, beerisk feupp?" She said, collecting every single card on the table with a single, impressive sweeping motion, the many cards flittering to and fro between her fingers like she were some sort of Las Vegas' Magician.

"This time will be different." The man said seriously as he came to stop at the table, his suitcase dropping at his side with a loud thud. He reached over, patting 's shoulder empathically, his eyes narrowing at the dragon. "You did well to hold out for so long without breaking. Leave the rest to me."

The man folded back his sleeves.

"I've been training for this day for an entire week."

"Bububu... Zon sked vo!" She said before, with a flick of the wrist, the cards were perfectly dealt.

"Game on."

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 13:34:51 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

the handyman hustle
michi's house

MUSIC

He left the kitchen and headed back to the living room to find that two men were already facing down the dragon, and were 
barely holding on. Michiko's mother had them on the ropes, with a board full of Pai Shos, and a hand that was probably full to bursting with spell and trap cards.
    "Deal me in," Zac said, meeting Etsuko's reflective gaze. She reluctantly dealt him a full hand, and Zac nodded in approval.
Complete garbage. Just what I expected.
    Zac hadn't just spent the last half hour recovering from Ki's cooking. Oh no. He'd been planning. And his absolutely atrocious luck in cards was part of that plan. It was his turn, so he drew from the pile. Kuriboh. Yeah that tracks. With no help from the cards, he played his turn normally, setting up a defensive Pai, but not racking up any Sho points. 
    Etsuko smelled weakness. "Styur lip nix woknito plaqmi kipto," she said, sneering at him across the felted table. Zac weathered the presumed insult, and passed his turn. and played a much better game then Zac, but even they were no match for her skills. With a sweeping gesture, she announced her attack.
    The battle was one sided, and the three of them were left with a handful of Pai's between them. Next round was going to be their last. "Don't worry guys," Zac said, and he flashed them a confident grin. It was his turn, but instead of drawing, Zac let a card drop from his sleeve into his hand. He slapped it down on the table, and Michi's mother frowned. 

"Reverse! Your turn Etsuko!" Zac announced, and the other three players all looked at him in shock. What was he doing? With another turn she would wipe them out!
    "Mauut griss tiosfu misjkrt nopa yu mesda houtin gup!" she said, laughing darkly as she drew what would have been Zac's next card. Her face fell. Cards fell from her hand like winter leaves, as she let out a low, keening cry.
    "What's the matter Etsuko?" Zac asked, still smiling. "Draw a bad card?" The old woman placed the card in the centre of the table, where the three man could read it.

Go to jail!
Go directly to jail. Do not Pai Sho. 
Do not collect 200 Pokedollars. 

Challenge the Dragon: Completed
Moving to the kitchen for some victory pie

close tab

played by

Noel

Noel
July 13
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
Single
40 height
40 height
awards
115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @noel
Noelani Kekoa
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 22:42:03 GMT
Noelani Kekoa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]

Noelani had no idea how he had managed to find himself in the current position. He had been just exploring the town not even wearing a disguise or something eye-catching when he had somehow been caught in the whirlwind of insanity and dragged along. He had walked along almost in a daze and in the chaos of it had just blended in, no one giving him more than a glance at best. Somehow a grumpy old lady had seen him not doing anything and then threw a rag at his head while pointing at the window.
[break][break]
That’s how he currently found himself wiping the window alongside his starter. The Bellossom was diligently working on the lower side while he handled the higher parts. It was too late to back out now though so he would just clean the windows and then get out of here. Yeah, that was what he would do. Wasn’t going to pass through the kitchen though for sure, it had been giving out an ominous feeling for a while now and walking there spelt nothing good.
[break][break]
Not that where he was in the living room was any better. Noelani swore he could actually feel the math calculations coming from the table where a bunch of weirdos were playing some sort of game. It was so intense he was actually breaking into sweat and had the weird desire to issue duels and banish people to the shadow realm for some reason.
[break][break]
Focus on cleaning the windows, just focus and it would be done was being chanted like a mantra in his head. Now if that freaking black mold would actually come off it would be perfect. Frustration was building as he increased the pace of his scrubbing at it. Kala was having a similar problem as well with her corner so he quietly muttered to her “Unfortunately you can’t Leaf Blade the window to remove it.”
[break][break]
That just made the Bellossom grumble in displeasure and him nod in understanding as they returned to cleaning the windows.

Party:

[attr="class","ooc-area"]Doing Window Washing — , tag2

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 420px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(110%) contrast(110%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #cb8500; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #cb8500; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #cb8500; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 1:29:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
petalburg city

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
The world continues to move even though she is lost in giggling over how downright adorable this Magikarp it. It flops around in her arm, opening and closing its mouth like a fish out of water. There's a bucket nearby that she grabs onto, dunking it into the water to lower the fish into. It's far too small, and she rushes over to , out of breath and a little bit frazzled.[break][break]

"Excuse me, ma'am? I caught that Magikarp for you, it won't bother the Feebas anymore. But I was wondering.. what you're planning to do with it? Because.. I.. I wouldn't mind taking him home with me. Only if you're alright with that."[break][break]

Both of her hands grip the handle on the bucket. It's far too heavy for her to keep lugging around, but she's attempting it at least for now so that she doesn't lose him in the pond again. Thankfully, she does have a pokeball in her purse - in case of emergency.[break][break]

"And.. is there anything else you'd like help with? I'd love to stick around!"[break][break]

[break]

notes: rehoming magikarp!

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #241D28;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/qmMPGtH/avery-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 17:13:24 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

In the ensuing chaos that was the three on one match between the great Dragon and three foolish men, Doug had managed to slip away from the TV and into the dining room instead, were the smell of...

Well, not delicious, but it certainly smelled like something approximating pie.

The youth found not one, but two kind-of-pie-ish items at the table, and to be perfectly fair to them, they certainly looked the part very well.

But he thought he had seen blood on 's lip when he had returned to save the game earlier, so he was slightly apprehensive.

Only one of them had a slice cut off, however.

"Swerve." He said dryly, turning his attention the Applin-decorated one instead.

Just because the other one was definitely going to kill him didn't mean this one couldn't possibly pull it off as well, but the youth was feeling confident, and more importantly, hungrier than careful.

He put a sizable slice onto a plate.

"Lookin' good so far." He said, reaching for a fork for all of a second, before remembering himself.

He grabbed the pie slice and brought it up to his face, tilting and turning around with a critigal look upon his face.

And then he stuffed it into his mouth.

"... Fockin' A! Zac, ZAC! Get over here, ya gotta try this!"

███ Piebreaker: Eat Alexei's Pie (0/3)
TAG:
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 1:41:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay since he was in the living room, might as—

Well, shit.

Seeing as there was dog hair literally everywhere—and most of the other men had distracted the ancient-looking lady in the living room—Alexei decided to pick up a scuffed-looking lint roller, and groaned. Why was there canine hair all over everything?!

Was this how a certain ‘dog boy’ felt whenever it was cleaning time in their apartment? Canine hair every single surface could reach? Ugh!

Internally grumbling, he then set to work, scrubbing the scuffed lint roller over every single surface he could fucking reach—the couch, the table, the carpet—he even had to swerve around a couple of legs as he did so in the process, overhearing whatever nonsensical language the men at the table were screaming at against the old granny.

He thought he saw his drag son amongst the pile of men, and chuckled softly, before returning to the arduous task of scrubbing the lint roller all over the damned carpet.

What a mess!

Eventually, somehow, Alexei had managed to get most of the canine hair out of the carpet and all other… surfaces that he could possibly reach. Gods, that was annoying.

This was also the reason he kept all of his own Pokémon outside!

cleaned out all the canine hair, accomplished let's roll. Any new tasks needed to be unlocked?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,209 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2021 14:36:38 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

At last.

The blonde man threw his arms around and 's shoulders, hugging the two men firmly as he threw his head back and laughed.

"You've been vanquished, Dragon!" Declared the blonde man, laughing for a full 10 seconds before he released the two men, standing up from the table. "Thank you, gentlemen! It couldn't have been accomplished without your brilliance!"

With a wide grin, the man picked up his suitcase before looking around, his expression shifting into confusion as he seemingly noticed only then that there were people other than the players at the table around the house.

"Hah... there's a lot more players than usual today, aren't there?" He said, tilting his head.

A lot of people.

"I feel like I'm missing something..." He said, brows furrowing as he scratched at his head, turning a questioning gaze to Etsuko.

"Oh, my daughter needed help dealing with some house chores." Said the Dragon.

"Beg your pardon, I didn't quite catch that."

"WHAT?"

"Vupp daxauddol joods whorp um zo stelos." Said the Dragon once again.

"What?! You mean to tell me I was playing games while a lady needed assistance?!" He said, horror in both tone and expression, before turning sharply to walk away-

And then immediately turning around again.

"Same time next week, Etsuko? Lovely." He said, turning on his heel once more upon getting a nod, before sharply turning his gaze around the living room like a man on a mission. What needed to be done?

What needed to be done?

His eyes fell upon a dark skinned youth, green eyes meeting 's browns.

The blonde man began marching up to the youth, his steps thundering over the place as he took off and threw his jacket onto a rack in a corner of the living room, peeling back the sleeves of his white button up shirt as he came to stand before Noel, eyes intensely looking at him.

"I shall offer assistance." He said while grasping a rag and a bucket before moving to stand besides him at the window.

Intense window washing followed.

As it happened, the blonde man noticed a familiar woman from the other side of the window, a bell in her hand.

Oh...!

Michiko had come to help Etsuko's daughter with the chores, too!

Cleaning the Windows, DONE!
TAG:
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 11:08:55 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

the handyman hustle
michi's house

MUSIC

Alexei's pie was a crisp, golden snap of crust, followed by a perfectly soft and melting mouthful of baked apples.
As apple pies should be. Zac consumed it in seconds. It tasted like victory. "Holy shit Doug! You weren't kidding," Zac exclaimed. "I wish i'd started with this one. Then I wouldn't need to book a trip to the dentist."
    Overcome by charitable energy, Zac moved the rest of Ki's pie over to the counter and hid it under a tea-towel. Nobody should have to be subjected to that...well it was only pie by virtue of its crust and filling, and certainly not food by any definition Zac knew. 
    "Come on guys!" Zac shouted into the garden. He waved at , , and , beckoning them inside.
"There's still pie left, but it won't last long!"

Piebreaker:
Alexei's Pie 2/3
Chu-e's Pie 0/3

NOTES:  
TAG:

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 18:37:49 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
Valerio is obviously flustered with the overwhelming defeat that he needs other guys to save his face. All those times he thought he aces Pai Sho has suddenly gone to waste in the face of the Maeda residence's dragon.

“I need to cool down.”

There is a pang of disappointment, and perhaps annoyance in his voice but the man gets to keep calm as he enters the kitchen. He is only hoping to get some water but then he sees flaunting his newly-baked pie. Eyes squint at the fellow Rocket, he grabs himself a mini plate as he slices himself a piece.

“You sure this ain't poison, huh?”

He is chuckling but proceeds to taste the food anyway.

TASK: PIEBREAKER: EAT CHU-E'S PIE - 2/3

# #
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 20:16:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

With the mopey way he entered the dining room, one could be forgiven for thinking might have not been in the best spot mentally.

Doug stared in abject horror as the old man grasped a piece of the Death Pie™️, raising an arm towards the man dramatically!

"Don't do it, Old man! You've got a lot left to live for!" He said- but it was too late. Valerio was already biting into it, and the sight alone was enough to bring Doug to his knees.

"He's a goner." He said breathlessly, reaching over to grasp Zac's pantleg.

And pulling himself back up.

"What else is there to do 'round here anyway?" He said, tilting a brow in askance at his large friend before shrugging his shoulders. "Yeah, I dunno either. I'll go ask the lady of the house. Save some more pie for me!"

He waved while walking backwards, before turning on his heel to jog. The lady could probably point him in the right direction.

Moving back to the living room, the youth immediately dropped down onto a military crawl, eyes wide and alert, before began to slowly drag himself across the floor, keeping his breath entirely to himself.

Drats, why had he come back here?! He could feel the distaste for the TV content wafting off the old lady!

Retreat, retreat!

Crawling as quickly as possible, the youth went for the furthest exit he could see, slipping into another room before rolling onto his back and breathing out a sigh of relief...

"Where's this anyway?" He said as he threw a look around, noting the couch and single man sofa in the corner of the room, as well as the desk and tv.

Looked like a... Study. Or Office. Study/Office, some might say, even!

Moved to the STUDY/OFFICE ROOM!

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 2:33:15 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Everything was going perfectly. Her mother was entertained. Her garden was Salamence-free. The kitchen was spotlessly clean. And it looked like the pie had almost been all eaten up by Her Hungry Guys. 

What could go wrong?

Michi is in the study, pointing out different pictures of her adorable husband on-site of various archaeological digs to when THE PHONE RINGS. Apologizing quickly to Doug, she answers it from a handheld receiver. "Hello-hello, Michiko here!" 

There's a pause, and the older woman tilts her head to the side. "Seeo, hello! It has been a long--" She stops suddenly. The color drains out of her face. Her eyes widen. "You are... where? Coming to--"

A few minutes later, Michiko comes rushing out of the study, hair disheveled and eyes wide. "My brother-in-law is coming!" she cries, disrupting the people eating pie at the dining room table. "Aaaaa! I need to prepare the guest room!" 

Kicking off her slippers, she goes running up the stairs two at a time.

The  <LIVING ROOM & KOI POND> Tasks Are Complete!
A new area  <2ND FLOOR> has opened...

2ND FLOOR: STARTING TASKS
Laundry Day: (2 posts) Upstairs, Michi runs past, almost tripping on a trailing blanket. Her arms are full of duvet covers and sheets. "The soap, it is on top of the machine!" she cries before adding her burden to your hands. Please make your way to the LAUNDRY ROOM. Bedding will need to be washed and then moved to the dryer! 

Pokemon Transfer:
(6 posts*) The intended GUEST ROOM, previously one of Michi's two daughters' bedrooms, is already occupied by a group of Pokemon tucked comfortably under the covers: Marill, two Snoms, Swirlix, Farfetch'd, and a Riolu. "Oh, will you please move them to living room?" Michi cries, running past. "It is OK, they are sleepy!"
*You may attempt to carry 2 sleepy Pokemon at once (one in each hand) but please roll after your post. Under 50, you drop one. Under 25, you drop both. Success will reduce the task goal by 2 instead of 1!
Grandma Needs Her Nap: (1 post) After her crushing defeat and with nothing on TV, Etsuko has decided to go lay down upstairs. She ascends very slowly and is an active obstacle to Michi and anyone else rushing up and downstairs. Please help her to her upstairs BEDROOM.

1ST FLOOR: STUDY/OFFICE TASKS

Alphabetical Order:
(1 post) It's obvious that neither Michiko nor her mother use this room-- various reference books are stacked in haphazard piles, covered in dust. Would you mind organizing them?

Dust Devil: (1 post) Honestly, everything is dusty. Various display cases of strange old relics line the walls. Don't touch the relics, but please wipe down the glass and all the pictures on the walls!

Have You Tried Turning it Off and On?: (1 post) The WiFi router is located in this room. At some point during the day you noticed that the house internet wasn't working-- maybe that's why your texts for help have mostly gone unnoticed? 

COMPLETE/AVAILABLE TASKS
*completed areas have been cleared!
DINING ROOM - COMPLETE!
███ Piebreaker: Eat Alexei's Pie (3/3)  WINNER!

██ Piebreaker: Eat Chu-e's Pie (2/3)

██ Puppy Dog Eyes (1/1)  
██ Wobbly Legs (1/1) 

STUDY/OFFICE - COMPLETE!
██ Alphabetical Order (1/1)   
██ Dust Devil (1/1) 
██ Have You Tried Turning It Off And On (1/1) 

GARDEN - COMPLETE!
███ Eviction Notice (3/3)
██  An Apple a Day (1/1)
██  Tree Trimmers (2/2)
██ Pothole Filling (2/2)   

2ND FLOOR: LAUNDRY ROOM

Laundry Day (1/2)

2ND FLOOR: GUEST ROOM
█████ Pokemon Transfer (1/6)
 (dropped snoms)    (riolu)

2ND FLOOR: ETSUKO'S ROOM
██ Grandma Needs a Nap (1/1)

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 3:17:11 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

the handyman hustle
michi's house

MUSIC

Michiko bustled through, alerting them all as to the new tasks that had cropped up. Zac wasn't worried about the seemingly never-ending stream of work, he was here to help Michi after all, but he was worried that people had been rushing off without finishing their sections. "Just like the bloody foyer." he grumbled, heading out to the garden, where the trees had been left half-trimmed. "A job half done looks worse than one left unstarted." There were loose branches, hanging twigs, and piles of leaves left strewn about from the previous cleaner's attempts at taming the tree. "Looks like we need some real muscle to prune back these stubborn buggers."
    Zac raided the shed for some heavy-duty gardening equipment. Clearly Mickey was away on work too often to keep the place in decent working order, as the inside was a mess. Broken clocks were piled in a heap in one of the corners, each bearing a telltale punch mark from one of Matchan's 'accidents'. Wurple strings laced the ceiling and dark recesses, and the roof sagged in a Salamance-shaped dip. "We'll have to deal with all this later. Right now I need tools dammit!" 
    Zac found some old but rust-free shears and headed back to the garden. He hacked away, until what was left were a row of trees cut into vaguely Pokemon shaped forms. "There! Looks pretty good if I do say so myself." He stepped back to admire his work. The Weepinbell topiary looked great, as did the Seedot and Shroomish ones, but the Roselia? Well, that may have been a bit too ambitious. Thankfully Zac had really nailed the Pyroars on either end of the row.  

Tree Trimmers - FINISHED
Moving to the 2nd Floor Guest Room

NOTES:  
TAG: