Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Springtime [Mission/Closed]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 22:51:15 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Hey, handsome. Can you meet me at the park? I need help with something.” Rowan smirked deviously as he sent the text message off to Adrian, looking over his hard work before him with a contented glee. Until now all of their dates had been manufactured by Adrian, it was now that he finally had the opportunity to repay the effort to his boyfriend. “I think we did well, Mistral.” He commented to his Piplup as he surveyed the arrangement he’d prepared for the picnic, having to restrain himself from diving into the food right away without them being here.

Mistral nodded in response, proud of himself for helping create the masterpiece, though actually having contributed very little. “Here you go.” Rowan set out a bowl of food for his Pokémon, Mistral not wasting any time before shoving flipper-fulls into his mouth. “Good lord.” He pinched the bridge of his nose and sat down on the blanket that he previously had spread out along the grass, leaning back on the palms of his hands and looking up at the sun streaming through the leaves of trees that rustled gently in the breeze. “I hope he likes it.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 21:02:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

It wasn't Rowan's fault that Adrian worried, but he would all the same. Asking for help was tantamount to admitting there was a problem. Hoenn was full of them, and these problems always had exacting tolls. He should know, and so it was that he rushed on the way, though he was forced to consider alternative transportation than car.

Traffic would be horrid this time of day, so Adrian swiped his favorite skateboard on the way out of his apartment, using it to navigate the metropolitan as well as anyone might hope to.

When he arrived Adrian was forced to abandon the skateboard, kicking it into a vertical position before grabbing it with his dominant hand. After searching for a moment, he was reasonably surprised by what he had found out here. "Rowan?"

A homely little blanket out under the sun, in a lovely park with lush, verdant trees and grass that felt better than any mattress. A chance to be acquainted further, and to enjoy fine food on a finer day.

The only problem was that they'd been alone when he could've had a guest. And that's where Adrian came into the picture, or so he would've figured.

"So... Why the surprise? Did you think I wouldn't come, or something?" Adrian sat his skateboard aside, briskly planting himself beside them crisscross applesauce. "Hey Mistral," he offered Piplup greetings, momentarily distracted by its voracious appetite. Its food didn't smell quite so pleasant as whatever Rowan had put together, but he could only detect its scent faintly.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 2:29:01 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Over here!” Rowan called out towards his boyfriend with a small wave, the smile on his face wide at seeing him arrive. Reaching into the series of belongings that Rowan brought along with him, he’d begin pouring wine into the glasses he’d already set out on a wooden tray that served as a sturdy surface compared to the earth. “I’m not allowed to surprise you, huh?” He responded with a teasing tone, patting the spot next to him for Adrian to come sit. “You’re always planning the stuff we do together, I thought I could do something for you, for once.”

Mistral offered a listless wave towards Adrian, though it wasn’t out of malcontent, more that they were threatening to interrupt his meal. “I think he’s starting to like you more, he wouldn’t even wave before.” Rowan giggled, bringing the glass up to his lips and taking a small drink. “Eugh, do you ever get used to drinking wine?” Alcohol was a new experience for him, having only indulged for the first time on the night he’d met Adrian, and even then only was drinking cocktails. “I figured it’d fit the mood, but I have whiskey in here too.” Rowan gave them a particularly suggestive lift of his eyebrows before turning to the food he’d brought along. “Hope you didn’t eat yet, cause I went all out.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 4:05:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"You can, don't mind me; I'm a worry wart."

The faintest edges of a smile graced his lips.

It was a pleasant change of pace, and Adrian eagerly began popping a little bit of this and that into his mouth, tempted by the wide array of delicacies. But he avoided the wine at first, believing it would spoil his appetite.

"No, but it's not the taste I usually want out of it," he admitted with a choked laugh. Wagging his chin, he'd hardly pause between mouthfuls to address Rowan's questions. "I didn't, sho thish is really hitting the shpot!" Attempting to swallow, his adam's apple bobbed with the motions, and Adrian was forced to drink the wine.

"I just feel a little guilty you went through all the trouble by yourself..." Adrian liked to give things; he wasn't the best at taking them. This applied to gifts, favors, compliments...

"Where'd you learn to cook like this?" Sinnoh didn't lack for culinary concoctions, but this food was unlike anything from his homeland. Some of it looked Hoennian in origin, but some of it left him baffled. But it all went down easy.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 7:13:02 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I’m glad you like it.” Rowan smiled softly, pleased that Adrian seemed to be enjoying the spread that had been prepared for him. “Wasn’t by myself, Mistral actually wanted to help.” Mistral seemed visibly annoyed that his part in the set-up had been mentioned, as though he didn’t want them to know. “I think he wanted to do something nice for you, since you make me so happy.” The Piplup engaged in his signature pout before turning away from the two of them, forcing a giggle to come from Rowan. “I really think he’s starting to warm up to you, Adrian.” It made him happy to know that his boyfriend and beloved companion were beginning to get along, the two most important parts of his life.

“Oh, this?” Rowan looked down at the arrangement he’d prepared, grabbing one of the sandwiches and taking a small bite. “I didn’t really get out much when I was home, so I watched a lot of videos. Turns out that binging cooking tutorials pays off, I didn’t even know I could do all this until it came to me.” A chuckle escaped his lips before taking a drink of the wine, choking down the bitter flavor with a small grimace. “Most of this is food from Galar, but there is some from Kanto, Unova and Alola too.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 20:33:43 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Oh, Mistral helped?" That part came as a bit of a shock, though Piplup was probably just as hungry, too. Either way he was sure to voice his thanks. "That was cool of you, Mistral," he'd offer in praise while scratching at it with a single finger, ruffling its feathery down. Anymore than that and he'd probably upset it, he figured.

"TV? Hm." Whether just anybody could flick on the food network and learn what Rowan had, he wasn't so sure, but he was thankful for his experience nonetheless. "Guess it doesn't just rot brains and make people into drones."

With a shrug Adrian grasped at another sliced sandwich, popping it into his mouth and grinding it voraciously with a quaint smile gracing his lips. And some crumbs, those were inevitable. "Mmm.~ Is there anything to drink?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 22:36:40 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Mistral accepted the praise with obvious trepidation, attempting to hide the fact that he actually enjoyed having them scratch at his down. “I swear to Arceus, you play so hard to get, Mistral.” Rowan giggled softly, picking up one of the sandwiches and taking a bite for himself, pleased that the food had come out better than he’d expected. “Oh no, my brain is entirely rotted. I’m pretty sure that I watched enough videos online after finishing secondary school that all of my studies have been washed away. I don’t even know my own name anymore, who am I?” His tone was obviously teasing, poking fun at the almost boomer-like mentality that Adrian seemed to have towards the media.

“I got a ton of stuff.” Rowan opened up one of the coolers next to him and slid the container towards Adrian, showing off exactly how prepared he’d been to please them with this outing. Inside was a variety of drinks, soda, water, juices and even sports drinks, practically anything one would need to quench their thirst. “I went a little overboard on the shopping, don’t judge me.” A sheepish grin appeared on his lips, actually blushing ever so slightly with embarrassment at how all-out he’d gone today.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 8:01:58 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Rolling his eyes aggressively at Rowan's antics, he'd snort with a huff of laughter before fixating on their sarcastic smile that drew him in... fantasizing of brushing his lips gently against theirs; but instead his dry, parched lips demanded hydration.

Thus his attention was leveraged upon the cooler Rowan tugged at, very quickly grasping at something that looked agreeable. Guzzling down a few brisk gulps, he'd seal the bottle again before setting it aside. "Thanks," he offered between gasps for breath. "No judgement here..."

Turning to Rowan, he'd search their eyes for warmth and comfort if nothing else, draping his hand over theirs and intertwining their fingers.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 2:19:56 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“I should really think about getting some kind of employment soon.” Rowan looked over the amount of food and refreshments he’d purchased, wondering exactly how much of his funds were left from what he’d stolen from his family. “Sounds boring, though.” He couldn’t help but groan at the thought of being shackled to some nine-to-five after earning his freedom for the first time in his life. “We should rob a bank, what do you think?” There was an obvious joking tone to his voice, even though it wasn’t exactly off the table with his new affiliations. “We’ll be the next criminal couple, like Bonnie and Clyde...except way more attractive, and not dead.”

A smile crossed his face as their fingers interlocked, happy for the moments where he could simply be in contact with their comforting warmth. “I’m really happy I met you, handsome.” Sappy for sure, but he couldn’t imagine being with anyone else, Adrian gave him everything he needed and more. “Mistral is too, I bet.” There were small grumbles that came from behind them, turning his head slightly to see that Mistral had knocked unconscious a nearby Durant that threatened to ruin their picnic while they’d been absorbed in each other. “Oh wow. Good job, mate.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 2:55:40 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"I don't know..." Adrian's tone came off contrary and devilish as he stroked his chin in thought, beholding Rowan and imagining them dressed up in trendy uniforms. "I think you'd look great in a uniform." Not that he wanted it for them. He'd worked retail before, for a short while.

But these things were just necessary. And maybe, of course, there were some deviant fantasies playing out in his head, addling his good sense.

"I know what you mean though. That's why I'm glad I can scrape by with what I get making music. Hoenn's been good to me."

Pursuing one's passions was a liberty rarely afforded, and so Adrian was thankful his family (more specifically his mother,) had been insistent upon bestowing Adrian with certain financial freedoms at an early age, and every day since.

Adrian nearly choked at Rowan's suggestion, simply for how spontaneous it was coming from them. "Pfft! I'm not sure that's a great idea."

Stuffing his face with food, Adrian casually gives Mistral a thumb's up after seeing his handiwork.

"If you're hard up for money though..."

Adrian could think up a few schemes.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 5:34:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: