Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
sprouting at midnight [c]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 6:05:17 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

Adrian woke up with a start, a veneer of sweat clinging against his brow as his eyes shot open. Another night terror had robbed him of a decent night's sleep, and it was likely he'd jostled Rowan awake in his panic.

"Ro, you awake there?"
The camp was silent all around them, but it was an eerie sort of silence that made him uneasy. It was like the deep breath before the plunge...

It made all his hairs stand up with goosebumps.
POV: Waking up from the last thread.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 6:26:44 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Sleep had come easily to Rowan as he remained curled beside Adrian, relying on the heat of their conjoined bodies to keep him warm through the night as the air around them cooled even further. His dreams were whimsical and nonsensical, lacking any meaning except to convey odd depictions of his subconscious, though he’d never be able to decrypt them.

“Hmm?” Rowan awoke suddenly at the voice of his lover, noticing how tense they were the moment he’d opened his eyes. “Are you okay?” Concern was clear on his face, reaching up to move some hair that clung to their forehead from the sweat that was beading upon their skin. They were all alone in Shoal Cave, as far as he could tell. Was this a nightmare, or some unseen threat?

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 7:07:17 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"..." Yes? No? What was the right answer?

" 'M alright... Jus' a bad dream..." Adrian's voice is a croaky timbre as he clutches Rowan closely, comforted by their touch. They're surrounded by the canvas of the tent, but they can see the dull glow of the campfire beyond.

Then a greater glow, more pale and less warm, filling the cavern with its radiance. Rover was presumably drawing on the MOONLIGHT to hasten the seed's GROWTH, perhaps having grown impatient. Hope everything's alright.

Directing his full attention to Rowan, he'd snake a hand around their waist and drag them back against the blow up mattress, staring across at Rowan from the comfort of his pillow. Errant locks of disheveled hair obscuredtheir features, compelling Adrian to carefully adjust them, tucking them behind Rowan's ear. "How 'bout you?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 6:32:19 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

“Just a bad dream?” Rowan’s eyebrows furrowed out of concern for Adrian, knowing that something had been strange about them since the two of them visited Mount Pyre. He’d originally assumed it had to do with seeing Howitzer’s final resting place, but the more that Rowan considered this as a possibility, the more curious he’d become. “You know you can tell me anything, right?” Reading their thoughts and emotions could be difficult at times, but Rowan tried his best to be attentive to the feelings of his boyfriend. “I just want you to know that, handsome.”

There was a smile that haphazardly replaced the look of concern on his face as Adrian brushed the hair behind his ear, nuzzling into them for comfort once more. “I’m perfect, as long as i’m with you.” Rowan didn’t care how cheesy it sounded, wanting them to know that he couldn’t imagine a better place to be than at their side. “It’s better than the dreams where you aren’t there.” He leaned up to gently kiss their jaw, hoping to calm them down from the nightmare some with his affection. “I can stay up and talk though, if you don’t want to sleep.”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 19:23:38 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

"Yeah..." He could, but sooner he'd rather calm his racing heart, feeling it beating against his breast less-than-gently. "I know, Ro." It helped to hear him say it though, Adrian gently dragging his digits along their cheek and down to their shoulder. "It's nothing to worry over, babe..."

While he lie there in silence Rowan continued speaking, diffusing Adrian's tension with his dulcet tone. "Perfect, huh?" Yeah, I could get behind that... They were good to each other, spoiled even. It's why he wouldn't breath live into the terror, and thus tempt the crueler of the fates.

Shifting where Rowan's lips tickled as they traced faintly against his jaw, Adrian cozied up against their bosom before his lips popped open with his response:

"What do you want to talk about?" Adrian lazily dug his index finger against their collar bone, eyes darting between Rowan's and the spots where his finger strayed.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 3:43:46 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

There was no reason to doubt Adrian, assuming that if he was being assured there was nothing to worry about, then he shouldn’t be concerned. “I’m not really sure.” Rowan shrugged softly, shuffling closer to them for warmth as a gust of frigid wind blew through the fabric of the tent. “I’ve been wondering about Shadow Pokemon recently, actually.” It wasn’t a subject he expected to be speaking about in bed, but they were awake for the time being and he couldn’t get back to sleep just yet. “When I was living in Galar, I remember hearing my parents talking about them. They were working on a project to help purify them, remove the shadows and return their forms to normal.”

Rowan shifted slightly, laying his head against Adrian’s chest so he could listen to the soft rhythm of their heart. “I overheard there are a few of them here in Hoenn, and I’ve been wondering about them ever since.” He didn’t feel like it was wise to explain that he wanted to find one due to the strength they possessed, unsure of how they’d feel about the aberrations and if they’d approve of him having one. “Do you know anything about them?”

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 4:10:38 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Hmm..." It was a lot to address, and he didn't know much about it. He'd owned one at one point though, but it wasn't what you'd expect. There wasn't any good way to break that kind of news however, so he'd have to deal it bluntly.

"Back during the buildup to the Three Day War, there was an attack near Evergrande City. One of those Ultra Space monsters in the waters...I'd sent my Corviknight, and it came back... different." Adrian tried to let that sink in.

"Wherever they come from, it's gotta be the source. Everything they touch is corrupted, but the results were never the same." Sometimes it was poison, or just induced intense rage. In the exceptional few, it brought about the rise of hidden potential, but it still left its mark.

"...I got rid of that thing, before you ask."

It wasn't just some curio to be looked at and appraised, it was a living, breathing thing, and it might as well have been cursed. It was un-alive in the way that mattered most:

It lacked its spark, its shade. Emotion. Happiness.

"So why do you ask? I thought you didn't want anything to do with your parents...?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 22:27:15 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

Rowan couldn’t help but wince at the picture that Adrian painted of their Corviknight, having been twisted and corrupted by this strange force, becoming a hollow shell of the Pokemon’s former self. “I’m sorry to hear that...” He’d known there were repercussions to the strength that came from these Shadow Pokemon, but he had no idea the lengths that their souls would become darkened in the process. “...it sounds terrible.” Rowan could understand the League’s vested interest in being able to undo the corruption that these Pokemon had undergone, though he still wasn’t sure why his family had been chosen to help lead the research.

“I don’t want anything to do with them.” Rowan answered with a blunt tone, perhaps a bit more angered than he meant the words to sound. “They made my life miserable, and I want to make sure they won’t be coming to Hoenn anytime soon.” This was a half-truth, but there was still the caveat of his investigation that had been left out, and the lengths he’d gone to receive the information his family kept hidden away. “Sorry, it’s just…” Rowan began, his gaze shifting away from Adrian. “...if they knew where I was, they’d take me back home against my will. I don’t want to leave you.”
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 2:16:18 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"S'alright. I don't bother myself with it much anymore." Guilt wasn't something he held onto for long, prone to his cynical indifference to the suffering of others. Well, others meaning anyone he didn't know and care for deeply.

"I understand." Toxic familial relations were something of a trend with Adrian, not that he let it on so easily. Rowan's situation seemed perhaps far more dire, with him feeling even more helpless against them than Adrian. "Hey," he comforted Rowan, pulling him against his bosom, holding him there firmly. "They're not taking you anywhere. You're staying put right here, love." Quickly he'd peck them with his lips, doting over them tenderly before noticing a strange glow from outside. Wait, what was that?

"Could it be...?"

Adrian began to slip out of his sleeping bag, clambering over Rowan and making a path for Rover outside.

"I've gotta check something."

The air was frigid enough that he could cut glass, his breath releasing puffs of smoke. As he crept around the tent and within vision of Rover, he noticed they were encased in solid ice. How could this have happened...?

"R-rover?!" Suspicions of ambush come to mind, his wild eyes searching the darkness encroaching all around them, holding himself low in a feral prowl. But then he notices the dazzling growth at its feet; the carrot seeds it had been cultivating were bearing fruit already. Or, well, vegetables.

Harnessing the natural MOONLIGHT and using it to accelerate the seeds' GROWTH, Rover had managed to expedite the process exponentially, but seemingly at a cost. Adrian might've panicked if he hadn't noticed Rover's beady red eyes moving around beneath the layer of frost.

"Thank goodness..."

"You can get yourself out, right, Rover?"

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 7:22:39 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

An eyebrow perked up as Adrian rushed out of the tent with the intent of investigating the source of strange light. “Is everything okay?” Pushing himself up from the warmth of their shared bedding, Rowan peeked out of the canvas into the cavern around them, with only an oversized shirt to protect him from the cold. “What the…?” He now moved entirely out of the tent, stepping lightly as his bare feet were chilled by the frozen rocks beneath them. “Is he frozen?” Was there something in this cavern that had done this, or was this the result of the carrot seed becoming fully grown.

“Oh, thank Arceus.” Rowan couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief as the Vileplume seemed to be alive and well beneath the ice, despite the initial concern. “Rover is pretty tough, huh?” Not that there was any concern their Pokémon weren’t strong, considering the strength Adrian radiated all on his own. “Do you think a Pokémon did this to him, though?” As important as the question was, there was a chilling breeze that reminded him that he was currently lacking any sort of protection from the waist down. “We should go back inside.” Rowan snaked his hand into Adrian’s, conjoining their fingers together and pulling them back towards the confines of the tent, looking forward to sharing their warmth once more.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 2:13:19 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are iceroot carrots: chilled root vegetables with a cool blue flesh.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in SHOAL CAVE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 2:13:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: