he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 16:31:02 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

It was well before noon when this race was happening. A group of Rookies who have finished up their time and now were being looked on for a final evaluation to officially become Cadets. The elites had set up a course through the forest with the cadets needing to use their knowledge of the terrain to maneuver around properly. Definitely helped that the Terrain Gym Leader was a member of their elites. Most seemed like they were doing well, however for this particular ranger he found this a bit more difficult that it should've been. [break][break]

Razz was never one for the limelight, and so in group events like this he would rather not participate. This wasn't optional however so as the group of Rangers ran Razz would often find himself lagging behind a little. He just didn't want them on his right side is what he tells himself. When it came to the climbing event to try and maneuver within the trees getting up was easy and Razz found himself getting ahead once more. At least until he 'slips' on a branch causing him to fall from the tree. He brushes off a few of the other rookies asking if he was alright, claiming he was fine. In the rush that was this race it would've been easy to miss him grabbing the branch in a way that softened the 'unexpected fall.'[break][break]

He waits a bit before starting again and heading toward the next course that focused more on watching your surroundings. Spinarak and Ariados were mostly filled in thanks to one of the Elites as they would be in charge of setting a few traps as well as attacking a few times to slow down the rookies. With one of them Razz noticed the webbing on the ground that one of his other Rangers were missing so he ran forward a bit faster, rudely bumping their shoulder as he passed them as he ran into the web instead getting stuck rather than the other. [break][break]

"Serves you right!" she would grumble at him because they couldn't get it in their head that they would've ran into it if Razz hadn't. The younger man just shrugs it off as he has to force himself out of the webs. He's near the butt of the group now, his running seems slower than most of the race as this part seems to be still taking notice of your environment and where the hidden Spinark were. One of the rookies was having a hard time as it was apparent they had a fear of spider pokemon so getting through seemed difficult for them. A spinark seemed to take advantage of this to shoot a spider web, though because Razz had been lagging behind with them he is able to move himself for the attack instead. [break][break]

The ranger with arachnophobia seems to just scream as his fellow Ranger is captured by the web and runs faster. The spider web is stuck enough that keeps his right arm stuck to his chest which it remains that way for what was left of the game. Razz is among the last 5 to complete as he could hear around him a few of the others silently poking fun of just how much he was hit with the spiders. Of course he ignores it as he tries to rip the webs off himself. It wasn't like the was the only victim of them, but hopefully he did enough in the Elites eyes to pass.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 17:11:02 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Great work everyone! I saw some great moves out there, and a lot of great ranger techniques." Zac said, as the rookies crowded in, forming a tight circle around the giant gym leader. "Bruce, textbook spotting and avoidance. Shelly and Manfred, that was some fantastic footwork. Your training with that Cinderace is paying off! And Ziff, you've been working hard to get past your fear of bug Pokemon, and it shows. You barely flinched when the Spinarak dropped down right in front of you!" The rookies nodded, nervous, waiting for their verdicts.
    "All four of you are promoted to cadet!" 
Ziff cheered, and Shelly and Manfred high fived raucously. The rest of the rookies slumped, dejected. In the class of nearly twenty it was only a sliver that had been promoted. "The rest of you have valuable experience to learn from for next time. I'm sure you all know what you need to work on, but if you want any tips of help with the training come see me after, yeah? I'm proud of all of you."
    Looking a bit brighter after Zac's kind words, the group started to head back to civilization, already stratifying into the  group of still-rookies and quartet of freshly minted cadets.
    "Razz, can you come help me round up the spiders?" Zac asked, nodding at the obstacle course that was still set up with the trained Ariados and Spinarak.
    "I saw what you did during the race," Zac said, once they were alone. "You slipped on purpose, and took that web right to the face instead of letting Sammy get hit."
    Zac nodded, as if approving of the moves. "Throwing yourself in the path of danger is a risky move, mate, but that's what a trained ranger does every day. Puts themselves between civilians and the dangers of the world." He grinned at the young ranger. "So you've got a second chance. Ready for round two?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 17:41:46 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

When names were called it came to no surprise at him that his wasn't called. He knows eventually he'll pass, and it wasn't like he hasn't had times where promotions were offered in different ways. Salem runs up to him with his little twigs in hand as it was clear the Meowstic was using them as pompoms. It gets a chuckle out of him as he stays near the back as he finally pulls enough web off him to get his arm free. He is rolling his arm as they're dismissed as the cat seems to go on about what they should do next until he hears his named called. Razz stands to attention and gives another to the Elite. "Yes sir, no problem" formal as always. Though Salem seems to pout. [break][break]

He does tense up some when he was called up for his actions. And while lying was normally second nature to him, ever sense Reshiram he's found it slightly more difficult. "I.. I don't know what you mean," he brushes it off before he points at the headband he uses to keep the right side of his face covered, "I just find things like these easy to miss cause the whole half blind thing" Razz makes his excuses as if he didn't do what he did on purpose. [break][break]

Though he does perk up a bit as the mention of a second chance, "What did you have in mind sir?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 1:57:45 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac nodded as Razz pointed to the headband. It made sense that it would impact his sight, but Zac could have sworn that Razz had been on Sammy's right. That would have mean he ran right into the web from his good side. 
    "If that's true then it's your lucky day mate and you just fluked a second change." Zac winked at the rookie ranger. "Luck's an important part of being a ranger too."
    They wandered a little deeper into the woods, and Zac explained the challenge. "Rangers don't just use their skills and experience, they use the Pokemon that exist in the area." He looked around the forest. It was thick with life, rot, and the sounds of moving Pokemon. Zac's power thrived in a place so full of death, and he swelled with strength. He couldn't control the thick flow of emerald light, or the flood of strength and healing that came with it. He put a hand on Razz's shoulder, sharing the invigorating glow with the young ranger.
    "So here's the challenge: we both tame a wild Pokemon and then race back to Petalburg. If you can keep up, then I'll promote you along with the others. Sound good?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 2:35:11 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

If the wink meant anything Razz doesn’t pick it up. Though Salem picks up on it’s meaning and gives the big ranger a thankful smile as he hangs off his own trainer’s shoulder. Though Razz seems confused, “What would luck have anything to do with being a Ranger?” he questions as he doesn’t really understand at least for a moment. “Wait, sort of like the right place, right time sort of luck?” he ponders as he knows that was his luck when it came to The Blackout of Slateport. [break][break]

As they go deeper into the forest Razz just listens to the experienced Ranger’s advice. The rookie trying to make sense of it before he noticed the green glow of Zac. Right, Tapu Bulu had blessed Ramsey with their power didn’t they? Though this would mean that the two had something in common. Both being rookies in getting used to the power. [break][break]

He feels a boost of energy when Zac puts his hand on him, almost as if he has recovered from all the energy he used during his first challenge. “I… sure I’d like to give that a shot sir but before we do I have something important to let you know,” Razz was going to have to inform him sooner or later and he figured since they were both alone as he goes for his phone.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,792 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 3:24:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
wild pkmn

have appeared!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - chlorophyll[break]
power whip / grassy terrain / vine whip / ancient power / slam

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - chlorophyll[break]
sunny day / leaf tornado / leaf blade / whirlwind / growth

[attr="class","missionTag"]

[break]
&
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 3:53:32 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Sure, right place right time is part of it," Zac said, "but luck can also mean just getting a second chance, or realizing what you need to do to improve."
    Zac took a deep breath, thinking about how much luck had impacting his own life. All the people he had had chance meetings with, being at the Vital Spirit when Tapu Bulu attacked, losing to Bailey Cooper. There was luck in losing too. If he hadn't have lost he would never had become a gym leader.
    He was pulled back to reality as Razz mentioned something important. "You can tell me anything, mate." Zac assured the rookie. Plenty of the rangers came to him with problems or secrets, and Zac liked to think of himself as a wellspring of good advice and positive change. Whatever was eating Razz, he could help him out. Hell, he'd probably dealt with a similar problem in the past from one of the other rookies. 

09T_|4H|
1-50 = Tangrowth
51-100 = Shiftry

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 4:34:23 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

“I don’t really understand how luck shows where you need to improve but I’ll take your word for it sir,” because Razz does his best to not question authority. If his father has taught him anything it's that he very much should more often. Though habits were hard to break. [break][break]

Once given the go ahead Razz shows him his phone and more importantly the logo on it. “About two weeks back Ranger and I were on a mission and encountered a legend whose Avatar was killed and their assailant was wearing this symbol,” the younger man will give a pause to allow the information to take in, “We believe avatars are in possible danger because of it so if you see anyone with this symbol you should be careful, you and the other public avatars in the Aqua Initiative.”

[break][break]

I’ve recently had a meeting with to inform him as well and he assured me he’ll inform the others but since you’re here,”
Razz shrugs because he does feel responsible to share this information with other avatars so that they could ensure their safety. “It would probably be best to keep this information on the downlow for now though and just inform avatars who could be in danger.”

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 1:28:43 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac's carefree demeanor faded as Razz told his story. "An avatar was killed?!" Zac asked, suddenly worried about his friends. Is Stormy okay? Are the other AQUA members alive? Worry welled up in Zac, as he tried to mentally list the other avatars. So many people kept it a secret. He'd never even seen Lars' powers. He'd seen Lars and Katherine recently, and Razz had even mentioned talking to Fernando. What about Kyle and Selena?
    "Which legendary?"
Zac asked, mouth catching up to his too-slow mind. "Tell me everything and I'll make sure that the other avatars know. Let me see that symbol again. Can you send this to me?" Too many questions. Too much going on at once. Zac pulled back, stopped, thought about what he'd just heard. This was just like an interview, and he needed to focus in on what was most important.
    "Who was killed?"

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:45:30 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

There was definitely a difference in reaction between Avatars upon hearing the news. Zac was much more emotional in comparison to 's stoic concern on hearing the news. In his head he's pondering a bit on how to word the news better seeing how emotional the other seemed to be about it. "Some white dragon, ummmm Reshiram I believe?" he answers as if he's unfamiliar with it. As if the dragon hadn't forged a connection with him through literal fire. He'd probably be more honest but while he's heard of Zac with his being an Elite Ranger as well as their being a Gym Leader he doesn't know him personally yet. So there is that unknown of the Gym Leader's willingness to keep his secret. [break][break]

"Feel free to give me your number and I'll be sure to text it to you sir," he informs as he allows him to see the symbol once more. Razz even going as far as handing him his phone so he could do so. "And they're no one of high profile like most avatars who are currently known, I'm sure that's why they outside family no one has really blinked an eye," he can't help but comment. Of all the avatars he knew of his predecessor was basically a nobody in comparison. "Blair Ashton, they were a Rookie Ranger of Lavaridge town," there is a sadness in his tone when he reveals this. Once more Razz isn't sure if its because they were a fellow Ranger or if this was sadness he was feeling from his connection with Reshiram, "They disappeared during the Megalopolian War and as far as I know haven't been heard of until and I found him.[break][break]

While I trust to give this information to those in the Aqua Initiative it doesn't hurt to have another let them know so thank you, and if you hear anything about this group I would like to know, for Ashton."

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission: Boot Camp

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 17:54:15 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Blair Ashton. A rookie from Lavaridge. Why does that name sound familiar? The name rung a bell, but it was a distant note, muffled by time. "I recognize the name," Zac said, trying to place it. Had he met any Ashtons at the ranger station in Lavaridge? "Thanks for the info mate. I'll let you know if I find anything noteworthy," Zac said, giving Razz a business card with his email and phone number on it. "Reshiram ay? I haven't heard word of him in Hoenn before." Zac said pensively, letting the conversation lull into a comfortable silence. "We should get heading back. I'm sure the new cadets will already be celebrating by now."
    There was a crunch of branches nearby as something huge moved through the underbrush. "Plenty of time to chat on the way, ay? For now, let's get started. It's taming time, mate! And you're up first."

Days later, back in Lavaridge, Zac would see the name Blair Ashton again, and that bell of recognition would ring true. It was on an notice stapled to the bulletin board just outside the rangers' outpost. The paper was weather beaten, almost six months old now, but it was still readable.

'Missing: Blair Ashton. Any information valuable.'
"I knew it sounded familiar." Zac said, pulling down the notice. In the months since the flyer was posted many notices had come and gone. Mission postings and trade requests, all jostling for space on the cramped board. But every new posting had kept a respectful distance from the missing notice. Now that it was gone there was a gaping hole in the right half of the board, as if something crucial was missing. Something that had been vitally important, and had been suddenly cut away.
    Zac headed into the rangers' station, and over to the desk. "Hey Risa," he said, nodding and giving a half smile to the ranger manning the counter. She looked at him, frowning at his less than cheerful expression. "Hey Zac, what's up?"
    He put down the notice and carefully slid it across the counter. "I've got some bad news."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,792 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Rookie Boot Camp
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 1:59:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A KRABBY HATCHED FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR SHELL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRABHAMMER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWORDS DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERPOWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: